Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post
VW has updated the Polo GT e-brochure.

Attachment 1412007
Quote:
The revamped front console near the driver’s seat
puts you firmly in control. It boasts of thrilling
highlights, such as an instrument cluster with
a speedometer, an odometer and a rev counter.
What, just like most other cars on the market? Ye gods, the marketing men are at rock bottom here!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 16:19   #3122
BHPian

Re: DSG Rattles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramod.shiva View Post
antardaksh, please do check with the SA on upsizing.
Hi Pramod,

I checked with SA and he quoted 20k each for alloys available with highline. It does not make sense to pay so much for these alloys even if these are manufactured in Poland. Alloys from reputed brands such as MOMO are available for 30k(set of 4).

The only reason I am looking for alloy wheel is to up size tyres to 205 section. I believe steel rim is too narrow for these tyres.

Regards.
Old 9th September 2015, 16:50   #3123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
The only reason I am looking for alloy wheel is to up size tyres to 205 section. I believe steel rim is too narrow for these tyres.

Regards.
But 205's are available in 15 inch, and there are many satisfied owners for Yokohama S-drives 15" on stock alloys.
Old 9th September 2015, 17:45   #3124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post

Hi,

I am still trying to decide between Vento 1.2 TSI and 1.5 TDI (MT). Since I will buy CL variant I am planing to upgrade to MOMO Revenge 16' but my worry is availability of tyre in 205/50/R16.
Hey antardaksh, irrespective of which one you choose, 205 section rubber must be the ideal choice.

I have been running the same patch (205/55 R15) on my GT which came with Estrada alloys, for over a year and 20K kms without any issues .

Personally, +1 to amanomics and I also would recommend you to go in for 15" rims with 205/55 rubber. This is a perfect balance between stance, performance, efficiency and handling, unless, you particularly want those 16" Rims.

If you do, you can probably try your luck with other tires such as Nankang, Kenda Komet, etc.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 9th September 2015 at 17:48.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 15:01   #3125
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

I have a question being an ageing Cruze 2011 owner.

I've seen several Cruze owners on this forum buy the Polo GT TSI. The contrasts are quite stark in terms of weight, horsepower, torque etc. But performance seems to be quite similar especially with the DSG. Has the GT TSI unhorsed the Cruze as the new performance king under 20 lakhs?

I spend most of my days on a crowded highway. Most important factors for me are that it has to be an automatic and it has to be really good at acceleration. Mileage and running cost is lesser of a factor to me.

I drive more than 2000 kms a month, should I buy this car next over the Vento / Rapid TDI DSG?
Old 11th September 2015, 18:32   #3126
Senior - BHPian

Team, a friend is considering a DSG. He is confused whether to get a Polo TSi, Vento TDi or the Vento TSi. Not interested in the MTs. He doesn't care much for the boot. His running will be around 1000kms/month. He does some long distance higway trips where the Diesel may be useful.

I recommended Polo, but family says Vento. Is it worth to spend about 3.5-4L over the Polo. What does Polo miss over Vento in the same Highline version?

Last edited by mail4ajo : 11th September 2015 at 18:34.
Old 11th September 2015, 18:59   #3127
Senior - BHPian

7 Speed DSG from Skoda/VW or the ill famed DQ200 gearbox, is prone to problems. Even rattles on some surfaces, and has a lot of issues, and for my Octavia TSI DSG it lead to a fire. I would suggest to look at other cars like the Jazz CVT or Honda City CVT, even the Ford Fiesta DCT. Have driven all, and for 1000 kms a month usage, these cars can be managed much easily.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 21:00   #3128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Team, a friend is considering a DSG. He is confused whether to get a Polo TSi, Vento TDi or the Vento TSi. Not interested in the MTs. He doesn't care much for the boot. His running will be around 1000kms/month. He does some long distance higway trips where the Diesel may be useful.

I recommended Polo, but family says Vento. Is it worth to spend about 3.5-4L over the Polo. What does Polo miss over Vento in the same Highline version?
With the Polo's recent update, it gets the cruise control, ORVM indicators and cooled glove box which were added in the Vento refresh in June. With these additions, I don't think there is anything major you get in the Vento over the Polo.

Where the Vento scores is the rear seat space and boot space. These were the main reasons I went for the Vento TSI over the Polo and I am glad I made that decision. The extra rear seat and boot space have been extremely useful for me and my family. The suspension is also slightly more tuned for comfort over handling compared to the Polo. So as a family car, the Vento is worth the extra over the Polo while at the same time keeping the Fun to Drive factor mostly intact. If it is mostly single use and occasional family use, then the Polo should be fine.

For 1000km a month does not make too much sense to go for the TDI.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 11th September 2015 at 21:01.
Old 11th September 2015, 23:11   #3129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
The extra rear seat and boot space have been extremely useful for me and my family.
Is the Vento rear space actually bigger than the Polo? I thought it was exactly the same.
Old 11th September 2015, 23:42   #3130
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedricsg View Post
Is the Vento rear space actually bigger than the Polo? I thought it was exactly the same.
I feel its bigger. A couple of my colleagues have a Vento and I think it has more space than the Polo at the rear. Incidentally one also has a Polo, and confirms it to be more cramped.
Old 12th September 2015, 06:58   #3131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedricsg View Post

Yes, the rear of the Vento has WAY more space than a polo. I'm a 6 footer and was pleasantly surprised when I fit comfortably in the rear when the front seats were adjusted to my driving position.
Old 12th September 2015, 19:24   #3132
BHPian

So, owners or those in the know about the DQ200 box, what is the final say from VW India ? From what I've read and heard, it seems to be either a hit or a miss. VW China offered a 10 years or 1,60,000 kms warranty after the issue surfaced, no such news in India. Is worth taking the risk with all the it comes equipped with being expensive ?

Last edited by tjacob : 12th September 2015 at 19:51.
Old 12th September 2015, 20:13   #3133
BHPian

Hi guys. Sorry was a busy week and couldn't update. So have finally installed the GTI steering wheel with paddles. The initial stutters i had regarding the backlighting turned out to be nothing as everything including the red backlights worked flawlessly. Contacted my seller and he assured me that he made all necessary changes and checked it with a mk5 polo before shipping. The wheel is excellent to hold. Will let the pictures do the talking.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-wp_20150912_19_44_21_pro.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-wp_20150912_19_44_27_pro.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-wp_20150912_19_48_48_pro.jpg  

drpudhi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 20:22   #3134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
Hi guys...Contacted my seller and he assured me that he made all necessary changes and checked it with a mk5 polo before shipping.

I too am trying to source the steering wheel. Could you post /pm the sellers link and cost. Thanks.
Old 12th September 2015, 20:40   #3135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post

Hi guys. Sorry was a busy week and couldn't update. So have finally installed the GTI steering wheel with paddles.
Congrats drpudhi on the swap and looks fab man

I have been contemplating of swapping the wheel on my GT as well, but I would not want the one with Paddles, since mine is a 1.6 TDi.

So, can you help me with these:

- Can you please check with the dealer if there is a similar one available without the paddles for a MT gearbox?

- Please check what will be the cost for the above mentioned.

Sorry for the trouble and really appreciate your time buddy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks