Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2015, 21:43   #736
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
I got a discount of 22000 on Grand i10 - Sportz Version via my Company Car Lease.
I bought the car from Safdarjang Hyundai in Gurgaon (Udyog Vihar)
You can dial their number and ask for Manav.

Initially they offered me a paltry 6000 discount but upon negotiations the discount went north.
Also, this was without exchange of any Hyundai car.
Thanks for the info! we are looking at exchanging our 12 year old Palio 1.2, no idea what we are going to get as compensation for it (No hopes from me actually), I will definitely push them towards an exchange discount or freebies.

How much time did it take for you to get the vehicle? Was it readily available? Would like to know more about your booking and delivery experience.

Regards,
Old 15th April 2015, 22:18   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asivan View Post
Thanks for the info! we are looking at exchanging our 12 year old Palio 1.2, no idea what we are going to get as compensation for it (No hopes from me actually), I will definitely push them towards an exchange discount or freebies.

How much time did it take for you to get the vehicle? Was it readily available? Would like to know more about your booking and delivery experience.

Regards,

It took me less than a week between booking the car, doing PDI and taking delivery. They said that the white color I wanted was in transit but it was available on the day I wanted to do PDI.
The delivery was done at the time I asked and the cars were absolutely ready to be delivered.
The overall experience was really good. The sales guy followed up amd amswered my queries patiently.
I got the deal what I expected. Got freebies like mats and mud flaps as well.
Old 27th April 2015, 14:10   #738
BHPian

I am in the process of finalizing the Grand i10 for my wife who will predominantly drive it within the city. We wanted to go for the top end Asta (0) mainly for the airbags but the sales advisor says airbags would deploy on collision only if the car is traveling at speeds above 100 km/hr. This sounds ridiculous but still wanted to confirm with members here. Thanks

Aravind
Old 27th April 2015, 15:26   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindrn View Post
I am in the process of finalizing the Grand i10 for my wife who will predominantly drive it within the city. We wanted to go for the top end Asta (0) mainly for the airbags but the sales advisor says airbags would deploy on collision only if the car is traveling at speeds above 100 km/hr. This sounds ridiculous but still wanted to confirm with members here. Thanks

Aravind

Hi

The airbag would deploy over a speed of 35-40 km/h and if the collision is in front or behind. It will not deploy in case of side collision.
Also it may not deploy in case of loss of control, skidding or toppling even if the speed is above 35 km/h.

You are missing the ABS. Please go for Asta (o) for ABS in addition to airbags. ABS is equally important safety feature.

Last edited by Wanderers : 27th April 2015 at 15:27.
Old 27th April 2015, 15:34   #740
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Aravind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Hi

The airbag would deploy over a speed of 35-40 km/h and if the collision is in front or behind. It will not deploy in case of side collision.
Also it may not deploy in case of loss of control, skidding or toppling even if the speed is above 35 km/h.

You are missing the ABS. Please go for Asta (o) for ABS in addition to airbags. ABS is equally important safety feature.
I am afraid that both these information are wrong. It is ridiculous that the sales staff told you that airbags would deploy at over 100KMPH!

Airbags can deploy even when the vehicle is stationery. Airbags will NOT deploy when someone rear ends you and the front end is undamaged. If the vehicle is equipped with side/curtain airbags, then they may deploy at side collisions or T-bones.

To clear any confusion over airbags, please refer to this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...need-know.html

Trust that will help.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2015, 16:09   #741
BHPian

Hi,

I agree with saket77 about airbags.

The following pictures have been taken from Grand i10 manual. Please read them for detail on Grand i10 airbag deployment.

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-grand-i101.jpg

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-grand-i102.jpg
Wanderers is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 27th April 2015, 17:25   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Hi,

I agree with saket77 about airbags.

The following pictures have been taken from Grand i10 manual. Please read them for detail on Grand i10 airbag deployment.

Attachment 1364816

Attachment 1364817
Thanks saket77 and Wanderers. That was really helpful. Will most probably book the Asta (O) variant with ABS and Airbags this week.

Regards
Aravind
Old 1st May 2015, 11:40   #743
BHPian

Here are my first impressions after driving the car for around 500kms in its first month -

Love it -
a) Smoothness (especially Suspension)
b) Air Conditioner
c) Steering Mounted Controls/Bluetooth Handsfree
d) Interior and Exterior design as well as build quality.
e) Butter Smooth Steering and Gear shift.
f) Location of USB/AUX
g) Cooled Glove Box
h) Absence of visible indicator for Reverse Parking Sensors.

Loathe it -
a) Sedate Pickup. Literally feel like having to drag the car. (Mind it that this may not be right comparison since I am used to driving the 1.6 TDI engine in RAPID which is a rocket if at all I have to compare)
b) No Auto door lock. This one is a big miss Hyundai.
c) No effective MID. (Instantaneous/Average Consumption)
d) Auto resetting of all MID numbers(Happened once and that too without the number of hours reaching 24 or 99)
e) Butter Smooth Steering (While it is good during parking in tight spots, at high speed I don't feel so confident)
achopraa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 08:45   #744
BHPian

Hi , I am planning to go in for the i10 shortly , was told by the dealer that orange colour is now no longer "stock" and will need to be ordered specifically if I want it...is this correct?
Old 4th May 2015, 10:28   #745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump-Stop View Post
Hi , I am planning to go in for the i10 shortly , was told by the dealer that orange colour is now no longer "stock" and will need to be ordered specifically if I want it...is this correct?
I just had a look at the official brochure and the black and cream colours have been discontinued. Probably the orange might not have the requisite demand and hence won't be in stock. However, as per dealers, they can source any colour from the factory in ~21 days.
Old 4th May 2015, 11:48   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
I just had a look at the official brochure and the black and cream colours have been discontinued. Probably the orange might not have the requisite demand and hence won't be in stock. However, as per dealers, they can source any colour from the factory in ~21 days.
Thanks S2, will follow this up with the dealers.
Old 4th May 2015, 13:16   #747
BHPian

Finally booked a twilight blue Asta(O) 1.2 petrol. Got a discount of 10k inr with mudflaps, mats and hyundai art leather seat covers thrown in for free. On road price came to 721900. Will be taking delivery in a couple of days.

Thanks
Aravind
Old 4th May 2015, 17:42   #748
BHPian

Quote:
mudflaps, mats and hyundai art leather seat covers
Congrats! Grandi10 comes with small mudflaps by default and it also helps to handle the airflow. I am attaching the picture from our official review for reference :

Last edited by Samurai : 4th May 2015 at 17:58. Reason: fixed pic
Old 5th May 2015, 20:50   #749
Team-BHP Support

Hi, I am looking for an AT hatchback. Initially I was only considering Nano GenX AMT and Alto K10. But given the lack of any safety features in these cars, I have widened the net to Brio and Grand i10.

I have read many comments about Grand i10 that the AT version does not have airbags and ABS. Is this true? From the specifications from Hyundai website, AT is available in the Asta version. And Asta is the one which is fully loaded with safety features. Can someone confirm if the AT version has the safety devices?

Thanks in advance for all the information.
Old 5th May 2015, 20:59   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post

I have read many comments about Grand i10 that the AT version does not have airbags and ABS. Is this true?
Yes, it's true. Grandi10 AT doesn't have Airbags and ABS.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks