Old 24th November 2015, 21:52   #886
BHPian

Is anybody aware of the offers on grand i10 petrol
Old 24th November 2015, 21:53   #887
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
The boot is linked to the central locking. If the car is unlocked the boot can be released by pressing the button in boot below the 'H' logo. Unlike the boot in older i10 which gets released by pressing the boot release button from inside.
I meant the button on the car's remote. Wait! So suppose my mother forgets to lock the car and starts driving without the locks, can a person take something from the boot at a traffic signal or will the car lock the boot. I'm super confused right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik hill View Post
Last I heard from my SA, there was a cash discount of 12.5K. Im not aware of any other offers though.

-Adhi

Last edited by The Dude : 24th November 2015 at 22:08.
Old 24th November 2015, 22:06   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan's Valet View Post
I meant the button on the car's remote. Wait! So spouse my mother forgets to lock the car and starts driving without the locks, can a person take something from the boot at a traffic signal or will the car lock the boot. I'm super confused right now.

-Adhi
*Suppose

Yes, you are right.

You need to manually lock the car using the button on the door panel at the start of every journey. Irritation/easy to forget in the beginning. But one can get used to it.
sidzz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 09:20   #889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik hill View Post
Hi,

In Delhi NCR discount on Grand i10 is upto 40K, both Petrol & Diesel (as per the newspaper)
I don't have the break-up but for sure it would be more than 12.5K. Last year itself, I had got close to 20K.

I logged into my car leasing vendor website and its shows flat discount of 40K on all models of Grand i10.
Incidentally year on year price increase on Grand i10 is also 40K.
Old 25th November 2015, 11:23   #890
Team-BHP Support

I recently inquired about this car (A/T) and ruled it out within 30 seconds.

Reason: The A/T does not come with ANY airbags. Its really shocking how manufacturers are getting away with such strategies. The salesman was explaining that the price and feature difference is to ensure the Xcent is suitably differentiated. How daft is that. G.i/10 customers can die but the Xcent ones shouldn't???

I find it really annoying why manufacturers are treating even basic safety functions like air bags and ABS as "features" for model differentiation.

Its even worse for the A/T customer. I can't even choose a higher variant if I want A/T WITH safety features.
Old 25th November 2015, 12:25   #891
BHPian

I recently inquired about this car (A/T) and ruled it out within 30 seconds.

Reason: The A/T does not come with ANY airbags. Its really shocking how manufacturers are getting away with such strategies. The salesman was explaining that the price and feature difference is to ensure the Xcent is suitably differentiated. How daft is that. G.i/10 customers can die but the Xcent ones shouldn't

I find it really annoying why manufacturers are treating even basic safety functions like air bags and ABS as "features" for model differentiation.

Its even worse for the A/T customer. I can't even choose a higher variant if I want A/T WITH safety features.

Very true. Hyundai are not even bothered to give it as an option. No manufacturer seems to be very serious on safety except for Toyota,VW and Fiat from the mainstream players.
Old 25th November 2015, 14:40   #892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hurricane View Post
Very true. Hyundai are not even bothered to give it as an option. No manufacturer seems to be very serious on safety except for Toyota,VW and Fiat from the mainstream players.
Though in this thread, I would like to point out that there are some Indian manufacturers who are very serious on safety e.g. Mahindra provides twin airbags and ABS on all variants of XUV. Also the recent launched TUV also has twin airbags and ABS (as optional) even on its lower variants (T4+ and T6+)
Old 26th November 2015, 20:49   #893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Interiors - Front
Fuse box & OBD port are located right above the driver footwell. Master 'On / Off' switch is unique, haven't seen it in any other car. In 'off' position, it will automatically cut off current leakage from the battery after 20 minutes. Can be useful for the times when you want to park the i10 for a longer duration. Could also help against uninformed car thieves:
Experienced this today.

I had switched off the master switch since I had planned not to use the car for 2-3 days. This morning I unlocked the car with the key and invariably put the key in the ignition and turned it. Lights came on and the engine started. This was a surprise for me afterwards as later I realized that the master fuse switch is still off. There was a message above the ODO saying 'FUSE ON'. All electricals were working as desired.

I switched on the master switch and the message was gone. Made no other difference.

Variant: Sportz petrol 2015.

Conclusion: The master switch only helps to cut the power drain from the battery over prolonged storage. It does not act as a thief deterrent.
sidzz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 21:53   #894
BHPian

Quote:
Conclusion: The master switch only helps to cut the power drain from the battery over prolonged storage. It does not act as a thief deterrent.
How can you expect the Anti theft alarm to get activated if you use your original key? When the fuse switch is set to 'OFF' and the intruder tries to open the door lock, the activated Anti theft alarm will make the system to honk multiple times. This is the purpose of On/Off Switch to prevent the theft against uninformed car thieves.

If you have a smart key, set the fuse switch to 'OFF' mode. Suppose if you try to open with the manual key, it honks but the door will be opened.

As you opened with the original key, nothing will happen except the 'FUSE ON' indicator in your instrument cluster. Further, if the fuse is set to the OFF position, some items will be reset as it cuts the power drain from the battery.

Last edited by Grand Drive : 26th November 2015 at 21:58.
Old 26th November 2015, 22:30   #895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Drive View Post
How can you expect the Anti theft alarm to get activated if you use your original key? When the fuse switch is set to 'OFF' and the intruder tries to open the door lock, the activated Anti theft alarm will make the system to honk multiple times. This is the purpose of On/Off Switch to prevent the theft against uninformed car thieves.

If you have a smart key, set the fuse switch to 'OFF' mode. Suppose if you try to open with the manual key, it honks but the door will be opened.

As you opened with the original key, nothing will happen except the 'FUSE ON' indicator in your instrument cluster. Further, if the fuse is set to the OFF position, some items will be reset as it cuts the power drain from the battery.
The 2015 Sports comes with a normal key with remote to lock/unlock and no OEM anti-theft alarm.

I expected all electricals to be disconnected while the switch is in off position.

Btw, I have been looking for an anti-theft alarm to be installed. All dealers say that the OEM remote lock has to be disabled to install autocop or any other system and there will be be a separate remote for that.

The SA said they are awaiting a suitable system from Hyundai.

Any help from fellow BHPians will be much appreciated.
Old 27th November 2015, 09:12   #896
BHPian

Quote:

Hi,

The car does not honk in above quoted scenario.
I switched the fuse off and than lock the car with request button/remote.
(Yes its possible to lock the car by remote or request button even after fuse is put to off mode as there is a relay for time lag.)

Its only when you switch on the fuse the car starts honking and not when I opened the door using manual key.

Quote:
The 2015 Sports comes with a normal key with remote to lock/unlock and no OEM anti-theft alarm.

Btw, I have been looking for an anti-theft alarm to be installed.
Just a wild thought. You can spend the same amount of money to get the GPS tracker for safety.

Last edited by Wanderers : 27th November 2015 at 09:19.
Wanderers is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2015, 09:59   #897
BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure about the anti-theft alarm stage in 2015 models. Can you try with some other remote key to confirm this? The system must be equipped with Armed Stage, Disarmed Stage and Theft-alarm stage. Can you check your manual to let us know whether the system been equipped with a theft - alarm stage?

Hope you must have already seen this anti-theft alarm demo video from skanchan95's ownership review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
The car does not honk in above quoted scenario.
Have you tried this scenario as soon as you set the fuse to 'OFF' position?
Grand Drive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2015, 10:18   #898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Hi,

Just a wild thought. You can spend the same amount of money to get the GPS tracker for safety.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will try getting some information on the same.

Quote:
I am not sure about the anti-theft alarm stage in 2015 models. Can you try with some other remote key to confirm this? The system must be equipped with Armed Stage, Disarmed Stage and Theft-alarm stage. Can you check your manual to let us know whether the system been equipped with a theft - alarm stage?

Hope you must have already seen this anti-theft alarm demo video from skanchan95's ownership review.

Have you tried this scenario as soon as you set the fuse to 'OFF' position?

I have confirmed with the showroom people. The 2015 sportz variant does not come with anti theft alarm. Though the manual mentions about it with the condition 'If Equipped'. Since all variants come with the same manual.

There is a 20mins delay for the fuse cut off to come into effect after switching off the master fuse. Till that time the car will behave as normal.
Old 27th November 2015, 10:21   #899
BHPian

Quote:
I have confirmed with the showroom people. The 2015 sportz variant does not come with anti theft alarm.
Are all 2015 variants (Asta and Asta (o) inclusive) not equipped with Anti-theft alarm?
Old 27th November 2015, 10:36   #900
Team-BHP Support

I have been using my mother Grand i10 over the past few days. Notes as follows

1: Good acceleration up to 100km/h although the engine is vocal about it
2: Brakes effective but not progressive, you press then suddenly it engages fulll pelt
3: Ride at 80km/h - choppy
4: Understeers
5: Totally different car for the better when laden with passengers and baggage.

Summary - do not try driving this like you would drive a Jetta

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks