Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2014, 14:23   #481
BHPian

Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CkmGowda View Post
Same problem with ride quality. But, unfortunatly mine is still the same after changing the tyre pressure. Initially the tyre pressure was inflated. But even after after changing to 29ps (both front and rear) I have the same issue. The ride quality is very stiff and jerky. Its not the same has duster for sure. And more importantly it is getting harder day by day. Just to compare, Yesterday I visited Renault showroom just to compare. I took the sales guy whom I knew along with service mechanic and both agreed that the ride is stiff. Dont know what to to..
That is weird. Hard to comment if this is to do with perspective or an actual problem with the suspension. I had driven both the duster and teranno during my R&D days deciding on which car to buy. Didn't observe much of a difference in the ride quality then between the two.

But most of the Terranos around there are new. Are there any Duster owners who have seen the ride quality improve (less stiff) from the day of purchase to the 1st service or even later? I know it is not something we get to measure. But maybe you guys noticed a difference? Also any advices?
Old 26th February 2014, 20:05   #482
BHPian

A friend (sx4 man) of mine have been driving Terrano for last 2 months and has clocked close to 7K KM, he said he has found no difference in ride quality so far, it's the same as it was when it was brand new. Plus point is that the engine vibrations\noise have gone down and he expects it to much more silent after 1st\ 10k service.

@mods: he is really interested to share his experiences with Terrano\Nissan but unfortunately cannot post. He is able to login but not post. He is been an ardent fan of Team BHP and a silent reader. Can you please help him (sx4 man)?
Old 28th February 2014, 11:16   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CkmGowda View Post
I got my seat covers from Imperial only. I asked them not to remove the original cover and they were fine with that. I got my seats without removing the original covers. Adding few more pics after getting my number plates.
Hi CkmGowda,

I noticed that you have front armrest fitted in your car. I am planning to get the same done as it comes in pretty handy on the long drives. Wanted to know if it is sturdy as a few fellow BHpians weren't too happy with the quality. Also, does it eat up the space of bottle holder behind the handbrake, I am concerned about it as there is no space for water bottles in the read doors.
Old 2nd March 2014, 20:41   #484
BHPian

Got my 110 PS vehicle delivered today. Few first observations (only the meh ones)

1. One needs to use the 'toes' portion of the foot to depress the clutch. If you are used to say pressing the clutch with the middle portion of the foot then it's a tad uncomfortable as the tip of your boot keeps rubbing against the arm of the clutch. It's just not 'deep' enough

2. Squeaks and more Squeaks !. With the music turned off, i see that there are quite some squeaks within the cabin, particularly from the left side of the cabin from behind. Any tips on what could be the issue here ?

3. Turbo lag hits you quite hard ( i guess the effect is even more accentuated by the fact that drivers follow the engine running in instructions quite seriously - atleast on day 1 )

4. Been having a bummer moment as i still haven't been able to figure out how to flick onto the high beam mode. I would have expected the flick in and flick out action would toggle between low beam and high beam modes. But i haven't been quite able to establish this. What am i missing ?

~Vinayak
vinayak007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2014, 06:40   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayak007 View Post
Got my 110 PS vehicle delivered today.
Congrats and wish you many happy miles.

Quote:
Few first observations (only the meh ones)

1. One needs to use the 'toes' portion of the foot to depress the clutch. If you are used to say pressing the clutch with the middle portion of the foot then it's a tad uncomfortable as the tip of your boot keeps rubbing against the arm of the clutch. It's just not 'deep' enough
Good observation. You will get used to it.

Quote:
2. Squeaks and more Squeaks !. With the music turned off, i see that there are quite some squeaks within the cabin, particularly from the left side of the cabin from behind. Any tips on what could be the issue here ?
There should not be any squeaks in a new vehicle. See if anything is loose in the tool box. Even sound from the feels inside cabin noise. I had the spanner not secured in my Duster.
Quote:
3. Turbo lag hits you quite hard ( i guess the effect is even more accentuated by the fact that drivers follow the engine running in instructions quite seriously - atleast on day 1 )
This is a known fact with 110ps. Again you will need to tweak your driving style. You will get used to it. Stick to the running in schedule.

Quote:
4. Been having a bummer moment as i still haven't been able to figure out how to flick onto the high beam mode. I would have expected the flick in and flick out action would toggle between low beam and high beam modes. But i haven't been quite able to establish this. What am i missing ?

~Vinayak
Pull the light stalk to toggle between high and low beam. It changes with a click. If you want to flash high beam the then leave the stalk before the click.
Old 3rd March 2014, 10:51   #486
BHPian

just a Q to the Terrano owners- whats that rectangular cutout in the Terrano rear bumper (driver side) ? Its not present in the Duster ...
Old 3rd March 2014, 10:54   #487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
just a Q to the Terrano owners- whats that rectangular cutout in the Terrano rear bumper (driver side) ? Its not present in the Duster ...
It's a plastic cover for the rear tow hook. In the Duster it is visible. The good folks at Nissan have covered the wart !
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2014, 19:55   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Got my 110 PS vehicle delivered today. Few first observations (only the meh ones)

~Vinayak

Congratulations. Some Duster owners have also talked about squeeks in their new vehicle. If the assembly line is the same for Duster & Terrano, that could explain why the squeeks persists in the Terrano too.

But on the whole, I think it is a great vehicle, looks nice and good choice!
Old 3rd March 2014, 21:02   #489
BHPian

Quote:

~Vinayak

Congrats Vinayak on a great buy. I have been enjoying the ride in this beast for that last couple of months even in peak bangalore traffic

I also experienced squeaks from driver's door and complained about it during the first service. They did a temporary fix and rattles returned after a 3-4 days. With time, I have learnt to enjoy the ride and not pay much attention to these little squeaks. Although, I would love to have a rattle free ride, I don't think its possible to get it fixed completely. I have been contemplating with the idea of damping my doors and see if that helps keeps these squeaks away.
Old 7th March 2014, 18:06   #490
Senior - BHPian

A quick test drive

My friendly SA at EVM Nissan offered me a quick test drive of the Terrano 85PS. I wanted dad to realize how different is the modern mini SUVs.

My quick view with respect to the limited UV experience I got, the only other UV I've extensively driven is the Major CL550: This is almost a car feeling, but you get the advantage of higher ground clearance plus better visibility. No turbo lag, but the Micra is still a pocket rocket in any gear. With the Terrano, if you are low down in a higher gear, you may need to downshift for a quick overtaking; not the case with Micra where you either lug the engine to a point that it stalls or you zoom away to glory. The ~13k km run 85PS had ample rattles though the whole thing felt solidly built unlike the Micra, especially on potholes. Engine noise was well muted; surprisingly, I had to clarify if I was driving the diesel itself. Either the horn is so puny or even that is muted inside the cabin!

My verdict: An SUV is actually a need on our non-existent roads and a mini SUV is high on drive-ability. The Terrano fits the bill with macho looks, good FE and reliability. I couldn't believe the SA when he said the first service costs just 1.5k and it need service only once a year or 10k kms. Suggested dad to sell off both the Micra and Vento to get the Terrano plus a pre-owned beater car. I guess it will remain a dream :(
Old 9th March 2014, 13:09   #491
BHPian

It's been a week of owing this baby. Here is a pic !
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-_mg_4361and13moreedit2.jpg  

vinayak007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2014, 11:50   #492
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: A quick test drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
... The ~13k km run 85PS had ample rattles though the whole thing felt solidly built unlike the Micra, especially on potholes...
That's bad! We have very few cars in India which does NOT rattle. Is it so difficult for manufacturers to ensure a rattle free car?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
...I couldn't believe the SA when he said the first service costs just 1.5k and it need service only once a year or 10k kms...
Please be careful with this statement. I would NOT believe it at all. Seeing that Duster serivces are ~10K per service, there is NO reason to believe Terrano will be any different.

All sales guys will try to underplay the service costs when they sell the vehicles; primary reason is that these guys will never be challenged after an year or 10K kms, for their misleading claims.
Old 10th March 2014, 12:17   #493
Team-BHP Support

Re: A quick test drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Seeing that Duster serivces are ~10K per service, there is NO reason to believe Terrano will be any different.
Its definitely not 10K I would say. But some where in the 5-7K range. I paid about 4K for 10K service and about 6.5/7k for 20K service.The only issue was I used to ask them to perform 3M interior cleaning too (too lazy to go to 3M separately!). And that along with that unwanted Engine Lacring bloated the bill. Otherwise the basic bill stays in the 5-7k range. Need to see how is it for 30K. Will do it very soon.

Last edited by ampere : 10th March 2014 at 12:23.
Old 10th March 2014, 13:25   #494

Hi All,
Just took delivery of Terrano XLD (Plus) 85 yesterday was very surprised to see service interval of 5000 kms or 6 months where as in duster it is 10000 or 1 year . Can someone already experienced please confirm whether my understanding is correct as the cars have same engines.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Nemo View Post
My car is nearing the 1000 km mark and would be due for its first service soon. Wanted to know from the fellows owners who have already got the first service done, what all need to be taken care of during this first service/checkup?
Old 10th March 2014, 14:21   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadriver View Post
Hi All,
Just took delivery of Terrano XLD (Plus) 85 yesterday was very surprised to see service interval of 5000 kms or 6 months where as in duster it is 10000 or 1 year .
Congrats for your new ride. Wish you many happy miles.

The service intervals you mention for Terrano and Duster are correct. Renault feels their vehicles can take the Indian roads that long, Nissan won't take that chance.

Anyway both service intervals have their positives and negatives. So nothing to be concerned. Enjoy your ride

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks