Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2014, 12:33   #421
BHPian

Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Hi! Did anyone go for Nissan genuine auto roll sun curtains? If so, please share the prices and fit quality.
Old 20th January 2014, 12:56   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Nemo View Post
Hi Guys,

Contacted Mr. Shiva from Imperial leathers for the seat covers as I like a stiffer seat and leather (PU leather) should be able to provide that. According to him, he hasn't done seat covers for Terrano yet and wants me to bring the car for measurements. I mentioned about getting the front armrest fitted as well (http://www.ebay.in/itm/New-Universal.../271194041413?)

Has anyone thought about getting this done? are there any alternatives?
I fitted the armrest and it has already broken. Its very cheap in quality and any weight on it will break it from the base. The base where the armrest is fitted, is very cheap in quality. I am looking for a better one but cannot find online.
Old 20th January 2014, 13:02   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
The already over priced Nissan Terrano is supposedly undergoing a cost hike due to exchange rates amounting to +30k.
That is a huge increase in terms of value for money. Will anyone still be interested in the Terrano.
It is not worth this premium I feel.
I doubt the Terrano made as many booking as the Duster to afford a cost increase at this early start of sales.
The top end costs 15 Lakhs plus OTR in Bangalore. Seriously overpriced for a vehicle that is based on the Logan platform.

Not only Nissan, most cars are over priced in India. May be they can't help it given the existing rate of Taxes/Levies.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 20th January 2014 at 13:06.
Old 20th January 2014, 13:43   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
I fitted the armrest and it has already broken. Its very cheap in quality and any weight on it will break it from the base. The base where the armrest is fitted, is very cheap in quality. I am looking for a better one but cannot find online.
I take care of not pressing it too hard. The base is flat pieces of plastic. I'd suggest getting a metal plate cut to size from local engineering works guys. A quick DIY and a permanent solution.

Last edited by HillMan : 20th January 2014 at 13:44.
Old 20th January 2014, 17:00   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Wow! 1348 definitely looks like a rip off. They just empty a spray can into the engine bay covering all parts. The can might have costed around 500 bucks.

Did they do any additional work that they charged for?
Nope, nothing additional was done. I raised my concern over the price with the Service manager and he suggested to give my feedback in writing, which I did. I also dropped Tbhp's name to let him know that I was well informed about Renault's prices.

My trip meter has been reset. Thanks Dhruvmalik. Going for a longish trip this weekend and wanted to check the fuel efficiency on highways.
Old 20th January 2014, 17:51   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
Hi! Did anyone go for Nissan genuine auto roll sun curtains? If so, please share the prices and fit quality.
I have seen it fitted in another car being delivered at the stealership...

They look alright, but personally I dont think they are worth. Roadside stick on blinds are better and do not take up any space nor do they tamper with the door paneling.
dhruvmalik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 19:34   #427
BHPian

Guys,

Whats the tire pressure for the front and back?
Old 22nd January 2014, 19:38   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvmalik View Post
Guys,

Whats the tire pressure for the front and back?
I feel, 29ps is smoothest the ride on Duster. I wouldn't cross 32ps. The ride is rough after that.

Tire pressure is same on both front and back. I believe it should be same for Terrano.

Last edited by HillMan : 22nd January 2014 at 19:40.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 19:43   #429
BHPian

Thanks, that is what I have read and the dealer suggested 30 in the front and 32 in the back.

I am getting some dashboard and headliner noise. i checked my pressure and it was delivered at 41PSI. I took it down to see if the noise goes away or is reduced.

I am going to take it down to 30 all around and see how it performs; going to the dealer Saturday and will bump it back to 40 and ask him to fix the noise first, then reduce the tire pressure.

This way, I now I am not just getting rid of the noise by a jugaad and actually fixing the squeaks.
Old 28th January 2014, 14:42   #430
BHPian

Hi,

I've decided to buy a Terrano and i have few questions around basic addon / customization. Would appreciate if owners can give me some insights.

1. There is a lot of good word around MRF Wanderer stock tyres. Since Nissan also supplies JK, Bridgestone as other stock tyres, are these in the same grade as MRF or is there a way i can request the dealer to ship a car with MRF shoe ?

2. From what i've read and experienced, the stock music system appears to be decent for the average Joe (like myself) Is there an appreciable value in getting front component speakers ? Does the HU have enough meat in terms of pulling off a pair of components without looking at an amp to deliver the power ? (what is the stock HU that the company ships ? )

3. I'm looking at getting the Phillips XtremePower 60/55 W unit to replace the stock headlights ? Is there any feedback on the quality of reflectors + stock headlight for general illumination and throw ?

4. I'm not too happy with the stock steering grip in the XV variant in spite of that being a leather gripped. Would it be any better if i got an aftermarket leather steering grip ? In my Ritz, i got a hand stitched steering grip from Karlsson Bangalore and am super happy with the taut work they have done.

5. I'll be looking for art leather seat covers as well. Any recommendations here ? Ovion, Autoform...? Do these seat covers come as pre-stitched covers or are these stitched by the vendors in real time ? Any benefits of the latter ?
vinayak007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2014, 17:15   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayak007 View Post
1. There is a lot of good word around MRF Wanderer stock tyres. Since Nissan also supplies JK, Bridgestone as other stock tyres, are these in the same grade as MRF or is there a way i can request the dealer to ship a car with MRF shoe ?
MRF shoe is the the greatest out there, so I'd least bother about what shoe you car comes with. I already have a crack on my MRF and many have reported similar.
Quote:
2. From what i've read and experienced, the stock music system appears to be decent for the average Joe (like myself) Is there an appreciable value in getting front component speakers ? Does the HU have enough meat in terms of pulling off a pair of components without looking at an amp to deliver the power ? (what is the stock HU that the company ships ? )
Music is personal preference. I doubt it can do without an amp.

Quote:
3. I'm looking at getting the Phillips XtremePower 60/55 W unit to replace the stock headlights ? Is there any feedback on the quality of reflectors + stock headlight for general illumination and throw ?
Its a good product and brightens your night. Only the life of bulb seems to be around a year.

Quote:
4. I'm not too happy with the stock steering grip in the XV variant in spite of that being a leather gripped. Would it be any better if i got an aftermarket leather steering grip ? In my Ritz, i got a hand stitched steering grip from Karlsson Bangalore and am super happy with the taut work they have done.
I am sure, it is a high quality product you have from factory. If you dont like it, change it

Quote:
5. I'll be looking for art leather seat covers as well. Any recommendations here ? Ovion, Autoform...? Do these seat covers come as pre-stitched covers or are these stitched by the vendors in real time ? Any benefits of the latter ?
It does improve driving comfort. I highly recommend Imperial Leather
Old 29th January 2014, 13:54   #432

Got my hands on my new terrano about two weeks back. was busy driving it, so the delay in posting Drove from kochi to kodaikanal via theni. from there to chennai. Highway driving was good, but i had to stick to 2500 rpm limit, which means not more than 100kmph. Couldnt help exceeding that a couple of times. Back in Chennai, city driving is a pleasure, may be because its 85ps version, so no turbo lag. so far, happy with car. I will be completing 1500 km today. after that i will see how it fares on highway beyond 110kmph

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-image1698953268.jpg

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-image2149987876.jpg
kirren07 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 17:55   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirren07 View Post
I will be completing 1500 km today. after that i will see how it fares on highway beyond 110kmph
Congrats on your purchase. Liked the pic with mountain background. Awesome!

Just hold your reins for 3000kms. I know it's tough. But the vehicle will love you back
Old 30th January 2014, 09:32   #434
BHPian

Funny enough, its about to be a month that I have gotten the Terrano and I havent reached 1500km yet, just shy of 15kms and you completed that in 2 weeks.

I am enjoying driving it, but have a bit of rattle that the stupid dealership didnt even acknowledge. Ill go to another dealership and ask them to look at it. The rattle only occurs when you go over small bumpy roads and it seems to be coming from the front windshield / headliner area.

I am getting 11KMPL on the Petrol with City / Highway driving, around 550 Kms to the tank.
Old 30th January 2014, 10:14   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvmalik View Post
I am enjoying driving it, but have a bit of rattle that the stupid dealership didnt even acknowledge. Ill go to another dealership and ask them to look at it. The rattle only occurs when you go over small bumpy roads and it seems to be coming from the front windshield / headliner area..
Do you have anything in the glove box (top and passenger)? Hope you have already scrutinized these. Clear up the stuffs and take help from someone to pin point the sound. Driving and locating is difficult and dangerous.

For me; One of the rattles boiled down to a pen I keep in the glove box, it was attached to a quick guide still rubbing with the plastic. Now I keep it attached inside the quick guide.

One more I traced back into the tool compartment where the wheel spanner was not secured properly.

Some more examples, water bottle in door pocket. All these cause rattle noises only on rough roads.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks