Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2015, 23:28   #316
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.6L GT TDI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit-Dude View Post
I have been constantly maintaining 34 psi on all tyres for the past year and found a significant improvement in
Was going through the review pics and saw that recommended tyre pressures are 29 Front and 29 Rear for the GT TDi if you are 2 people travelling. A 1-2 psi increase is fine but you are filling 5 psi more which is not good for the car. Over filling your tyres will wear out the tyres from center, increase your braking distance, make your ride bumpier and also put extra load on your suspension parts.

Would suggest you to stick to OEM pressures, if you want to play with them then a 1-2 psi up/down wont hurt but definitely not a 5 PSI increase over company recommendation.
Old 20th January 2015, 10:25   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit-Dude View Post

I have been constantly maintaining 34 psi on all tyres for the past year and found a significant improvement in handling, the steering feels heavier. N2 needs a refill every week to maintain the 34 levels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post

Would suggest you to stick to OEM pressures, if you want to play with them then a 1-2 psi up/down wont hurt but definitely not a 5 PSI increase over company recommendation.
Hey Detroit-Dude I completely agree with what coolboy007 has suggested here. I don't use 34psi often myself though I am running on a lower profile rubber than OEM provided (205/55/R15).

Its not very clear from your post if you do a lot of highway runs or run your car on full load, but either ways 34psi is a bit on the higher side I guess.

Also, I have been filling N2 from nearly a decade now on all my cars/bikes and never had to refill/top-up every week. N2 actually expands a lot slower than regular air and also the leakages are more gradual.

If you double check the tire pressure every week then its great, but if you need to top-up N2 every week, then you either please change the service station or probably get the tires checked for any leakages/punctures.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 20th January 2015 at 10:28.
Old 20th January 2015, 10:30   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Was going through the review pics and saw that recommended tyre pressures are 29 Front and 29 Rear for the GT TDi if you are 2 people travelling.
Not sure where you saw it but the sticker on the inside of the fuel flap on my GT TDI says 33 front and 33 rear for 2 people.
Old 31st January 2015, 00:09   #319
BHPian

Not able to edit the previous post, hence writing this one.

I am not sure if it is just my car but I find the throw of the headlamps to be quite inadequate (in low beam). Will probably have to get the Osram nightbreakers.
Old 2nd February 2015, 17:42   #320
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurelino View Post
Not able to edit the previous post, hence writing this one.

I am not sure if it is just my car but I find the throw of the headlamps to be quite inadequate (in low beam). Will probably have to get the Osram nightbreakers.

Hella aux.lights should help out quite a lot.
Old 14th February 2015, 10:55   #321
BHPian

Excellent review, actually food for thought to Hot-hatch lovers, me included

was never an Automatic fan, but reviews seem to speak otherwise. Though the TSI may be looking for some stiff competition with the Punto T-Jet making its way this year(provided FIAT stand to their commitments, unlike the Freemont). Given the market space that Polo shares now, it wouldn't be much of an issue to push their sales. And that too with the VW GT bandwagon.
Old 11th March 2015, 22:06   #322
Senior - BHPian

Guys apart from the design/looks what is the difference between the "TOSA" alloy wheel that comes on the highline and the "ESTRADA" alloy wheel that comes on the GT version?

Any difference in make, weight etc?
Old 31st March 2015, 14:20   #323
BHPian

Came across this review of the GT twins by Powerdrift. Have a look at the entry of the GT TDI! It's breathtaking.

VW should use this as a promotional video. It is that great.
aurelino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 16:01   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurelino View Post

Have a look at the entry of the GT TDI! It's breathtaking.

It is that great.
aurelino, I had seen this video by Powerdrift only a day after it was uploaded on the youtube. That entry of the GT TDi made me watch that part over and over again.

I had driven the 1.5 GT TDi and compared to my 1.6 GT, felt a little more tamed and tiny bit timid.

I can only wonder, how would the entry of 1.6 GT TDi be !!

O.T - I wish some automotive reviewers test the 1.6 GT against the 1.5 GT. Not that its going to prove any point, just to get an expert opinion on what really has changed.
Old 29th April 2015, 13:48   #325
BHPian

Any idea how much the new 1.5 GT TDI costs on road in Mumbai?
Old 22nd June 2015, 09:08   #326
BHPian

I took my 6 month old (827 Kms) POLO GT Tdi for the first free inspection at VW Thane. Two issues which came to my observation -

1. The bonnet link cable is very sensitive. If the bonnet is pushed down too hard the link gives away and the bonnet opening lever inside the car becomes dysfunctional. The mechanic informed me to close the bonnet gently. Not sure if any one else has faced this.

2. Observed fogging inside both headlamp clusters. The SA took photographs and informed me that they will report it to VW and await their response. While returning home, I kept the headlights switched on but this did not solve the problem. Upon checking today morning, the fogging was not there.
Old 22nd June 2015, 13:35   #327
BHPian

@Nightrider
Have not faced the problem regarding the bonnet, nor was i advised regarding same when i took my TSI to the Andheri workshop last week. Have not faced this issue. By the way did they do an internal polishing, as when i asked them they advised it was only for the yearly service. However when i had taken my old car in December 2013 for the free check up they had done an excellent job on the inside.
Thanks.
Old 22nd June 2015, 14:12   #328
BHPian

They did not do any internal polishing. While taking the appointment I was informed that the entire process will be completed within 1 hr, so asked wifey to join me as we had planned to go to a nearby mall afterwards. However there was mismanagement at VW Thane throughout. I had to be behind them to get the things done. The cars which had come for servicing/repairs were kept hapazhardly blocking the exit of the vehicles. I lost my patience in the end and just took my car after they had done with the washing and internal vacuuming. The entire process took almost 3.5 hrs.
Old 7th August 2015, 09:50   #329
BHPian

Team,
I did TD GT TSI yesterday. Experience has blown my mind. Loved everything about it,especially that sweet flat bottom steering and the pull you get when you put it in S mode. I am looking for AT and TSI FE is putting me off. My question to fellow members,what are the chances of VW getting GT TDI with DSG box ? I know a recent post by VW in FB turned out nothing, but any chances of VW pulling this off. Google search not returning anything positive, I am ready to hold my purchase for few months if required.

Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 12:47   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post
Team,

I did TD GT TSI yesterday. Experience has blown my mind. Loved everything about it,especially that sweet flat bottom steering and the pull you get when you put it in S mode. I am looking for AT and TSI FE is putting me off. My question to fellow members,what are the chances of VW getting GT TDI with DSG box ? I know a recent post by VW in FB turned out nothing, but any chances of VW pulling this off. Google search not returning anything positive, I am ready to hold my purchase for few months if required.

Thanks

Test drive the Rapid or Vento TDI dsg and see whether it meets your needs. Unless you are specifically looking for a small hatch, these are good options.
JishD is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks