Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.6L GT TDI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
Total on road: 10 Lakhs
Discount: 80k
On road price: 9.24 Lakhs

Ex-showroom is: 8.08 lakhs
Discounted price: 7.63 lakhs
His discount is only 40k with respect to ex-showroom rest of the price comes down because of tax...
Total discount = 80K. Ex showroom price discount = 40K !

1. There is NO way you can get 40K discount on taxes.

2. Please note that the discounts will NOT be added to the ex showroom price; it's always on the OTR price.

Quote:
... Do you find this a good deal? Shall I ask for more? He is keen on pushing the red colour and says it is the last car in stock. I feel am not getting a good deal because he's reduced the ex-showroom price by 40k and given me the final price also I dont have colour choice only red, which wont have good resale value.

Prices are with respect to Bangalore
Please get any of your friends to call up the same guy and ask for a different color in 2013 stock. If he is "pushing", then chances are he has more RED colors in stock.

And Polo looks best in red; why would it NOT have a better re-sale, if the car is kept well?

Edit:: Please make sure you complete the registration by atleast 3rd week. From Apr 01, new RT will be in effect.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 10th March 2014 at 11:36.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2014, 12:42   #212
Team-BHP Support

I don't know if you guys have noticed or any of you have pointed out (but being Team BHP, I am sure someone or the other would have said this), the GT doesn't have Polo stickered anywhere. Well, this was pointed out by a bystander who after being said that this Car is VW Polo, did a walk around and exclaimed that Polo isn't written anywhere.

Pleasant surprise
Old 10th March 2014, 12:51   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
@ VW owners : Do you face issues with heavy clutch in Polo & Vento ? I am using 1.2L Petrol Polo for the past 3 year and absolutely loving my ride and build quality except heavy clutch. I am planning to opt for Polo GT TDI or Vento TDI as my next change but I am in 2 minds as my wife would also be driving now and she finds the clutch too hard in VW as compared to Hyundai's and Honda's.
Some help on the following questions will be highly appreciated ...
No clutch issues at all on VWs that I have driven over the years, and none with my 2011 1.6 petrol. Neither my car nor the test-drive vehicle had/have heavy clutch pedal. Altogether comfortable to drive.
Old 10th March 2014, 13:13   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
No clutch issues at all on VWs that I have driven over the years, and none with my 2011 1.6 petrol. Neither my car nor the test-drive vehicle had/have heavy clutch pedal. Altogether comfortable to drive.

I have been using Polo for the past 3 years and definitely find the clutch on heavier side as compared to my Maruti Swift and recently test driven cars like Hyundai Verna, i20 and Honda City, Amaze. I found all TD vehicles of VW make having this heavier clutch but not sure if there is remedy for it.
Old 10th March 2014, 13:57   #215
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I don't know if you guys have noticed or any of you have pointed out
Mentioned in the review of the TSI (end of post #3 (Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review)):

Quote:
You'll notice VW doing away with the Polo and Volkswagen badges. This car sports only the TSI and GT nomenclature on the tail:
The TDI additionally, doesn't have the stickers on the C-pillars.
Old 10th March 2014, 15:05   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I found all TD vehicles of VW make having this heavier clutch but not sure if there is remedy for it.
How curious! I'm not even muscular (in fact, rated as "wimp!"). I don't find the Polo hard work --- but your experience differs and is just as valid as mine.
Old 10th March 2014, 20:25   #217
BHPian

Hello,

I am currently on an assignment in VW country. Came across these new iterations of Polo (diesel and petrol) to be launched later this year here in Germany. Pics taken using phone cam.

Volkswagen Polo 1.6L GT TDI : Official Review-20140309_153531.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.6L GT TDI : Official Review-20140309_153546.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.6L GT TDI : Official Review-20140309_153553.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.6L GT TDI : Official Review-20140309_153558.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.6L GT TDI : Official Review-20140309_153610.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.6L GT TDI : Official Review-20140309_153618.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.6L GT TDI : Official Review-20140309_153710.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.6L GT TDI : Official Review-20140309_153723.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.6L GT TDI : Official Review-20140309_153728.jpg

And below is the Polo wrc edition.
Volkswagen Polo 1.6L GT TDI : Official Review-20140228_091852.jpg
Eraser is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th March 2014, 20:57   #218
BHPian

Nice pics.

Beautiful wheels on the red polo. If only such wheels were atleast available as an option here.

Neat tail pipe finisher. Hopefully the facelift in IndiA will atleast get the rear bumper / tail pipe treatment and few alloy designs as options.

If wishes were horses hmmm!

The WRC looks a bit lame though.
Old 10th March 2014, 21:03   #219
BHPian

@differential - that wrc Polo is on winter tyres hence the plain jane looks. But the best bit is the engine, seen a couple of them driving around and they make sweet sound
Old 10th March 2014, 23:56   #220
Distinguished - BHPian

VW is disapointment dashboard. This is not just an Indian-market thing, it was true of the Golf that I drove in UK twenty years ago. More blanks than switches, and just like the manual, it reminds us of the all the options available on some models, and of course, not on ours.

On the other hand, proving, I suppose, that some of those some models do actually exist, look at the full array of switches on view in the interior pic there! It is not so much a matter of what they actually do, but of the negative impression their absence makes.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2014, 11:23   #221
BHPian

Quote:
@ VW owners : Do you face issues with heavy clutch in Polo & Vento ? I am using 1.2L Petrol Polo for the past 3 year and absolutely loving my ride and build quality except heavy clutch. I am planning to opt for Polo GT TDI or Vento TDI as my next change but I am in 2 minds as my wife would also be driving now and she finds the clutch too hard in VW as compared to Hyundai's and Honda's.
Some help on the following questions will be highly appreciated
i) Is the 4 pot diesel better to drive (start stop in city traffic) as compared to 3 pot petrol, both having heavy clutch ? My wife finds lots of issues in 1st gear due to vibrations of 3 pot engine and heavy clutch
ii) Is there any way to make the clutch lighter ?
iii) How is the resale of Polo and maintenance cost as compared to Hyundai? ( since I have a lease car, I do not worry about maintenance or resale for my current car but things might change in future)
I have not driven Polo Petrol, but GT TDI clutch is a bit harder than normal petrol cars from Maruti, Hyundai, GM. But it is not deal breaker. In most of the traffic situation, it works well. Only in bumper to bumper traffic, you will feel the difference. My wife occassionaly drives my GT TDI, but she has not complained. She otherwise drives her Estillo.
i. GT TDI has no problems in start and go traffic as power delivery is linear. But as said above, clutch can feel bit hard after some time. Vibrations are something you buy with Diesel car
ii. AFAIK, No.
iii. Too early to say for GT TDI. But routine maintenance is ok. Probably bit more than Maruti, but comparable to other brands. But I hear non-routine maintenance can be expensive (accident damage etc)
Old 11th March 2014, 11:27   #222
BHPian

I found the clutch a little heavy when I TD the vehicle and there was also a thrumming I felt on the clutch pedal.

Not sure if this is a diesel only phenomenon since I have driven petrol vehicles all my life
Old 11th March 2014, 12:22   #223
BHPian

Thanks for the response. It feels great to be a part of t-bhp at times like these
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Not sure I understood this, when I spoke to the SA today he mentioned a 30k cash discount + 40k since its 2013 make which should bring the ex-showroom down to 7.3l, any reduction in taxes should be on top of this. I feel you may also opt out of the reverse cam+nav which is 31k (and get your own aftermarket satnav if need be)

With a bit of haggling you may be able to get a sub 9l otr deal, keep the thread posted
The deal you've been promised sounds mouth watering. I'll pester my SA to give me a better option. He refused to throw in cam+nav combo for free I'll ask him again.

Quote:
Which dealer are you talking with ? I am in touch with Apple - ORR Whitefield and as late as last week, I was told there are quite a few colors left and I for sure remember White as one of the colors since we also had an argument about not selling TD car.
Please check with them once again and it might help
Do keep us updated about the latest offerings and well if we are more in number, we can think of negotiating better on 2014 vehicle.
I'm in touch with VST VW in palace cross Bangalore, SA name is Prashant. I will definitely update the thread with any recent changes. What say we get together and ask for more discounts? I am definitely in, if you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Total discount = 80K. Ex showroom price discount = 40K !

1. There is NO way you can get 40K discount on taxes.

2. Please note that the discounts will NOT be added to the ex showroom price; it's always on the OTR price.

Please get any of your friends to call up the same guy and ask for a different color in 2013 stock. If he is "pushing", then chances are he has more RED colors in stock.

Edit:: Please make sure you complete the registration by atleast 3rd week. From Apr 01, new RT will be in effect.
Another member pointed out a thread in which I read that I will be charged the tax on original amount rather than the discounted price. I will get some more info from the SA and post it.

Don't know about the RT could you tell me more about it?

Last edited by D'Artagnan : 11th March 2014 at 12:23.
Old 11th March 2014, 12:50   #224
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...I'm in touch with VST VW in palace cross Bangalore, SA name is Prashant. I will definitely update the thread with any recent changes. What say we get together and ask for more discounts? I am definitely in, if you are.
Please do! That will help. Also, have you pitched your offer against another dealer? Please try that as well.

Quote:
... Another member pointed out a thread in which I read that I will be charged the tax on original amount rather than the discounted price. I will get some more info from the SA and post it....
I meant the same. Discounts are NOT applied to the ex showroom price. Tax will be calculated on the ex showroom price, so discounts will come as affected on the OTR price rather. Hope the ex showroom price you received is after the deduction on the excise duty cut.

Quote:
...Don't know about the RT could you tell me more about it?
RT = Road Tax. Every year in the state budget, the road taxes are hiked which comes into effect on April 01. I presume this year is similar with the road taxes hiked, atleast Kerala taxes have been hiked.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 11th March 2014 at 12:52.
Old 11th March 2014, 15:54   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

VW palace cross and whitefield (Bangalore), both of them add the discount to exshowroom price and and pass on the road tax benefit.

When three of us brought out Ventos in December, we got the road tax benefit and insurance premium benefit, as the ex showroom price got reduced.
manjubp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks