Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2014, 09:19   #136
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.6L GT TDI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by etchemkay View Post
Offtopic- Gannu, I'm planning and looking forward to the Leh drive this year as well. I'm hoping my TDi will have the pleasure of the company of yours. Cheers!
Of course! We are going to be in one BIG convoy for the trip! Looking forward to meet you and the rest of the BHP'ians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etchemkay
Ontopic again - Somehow I haven't seen a single GT TDi on the road in Pune. I see a lot of TSis though. Is the experience of other owners in other cities similar?
Yep, more or less similar. I've seen more TSIs here than TDIs. Enthusiasts are more inclined towards the DSG than the manual tranny perhaps.
Old 25th January 2014, 16:57   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_clt View Post
Well I particularly opted for a map that is almost stock up to 2nd gear and with flatter bumped up torque in 3rd and 4th and till around 4.3k rpm. End result is that power delivery is more linear and vehicle pulling cleanly in every gear even more. There is no additional shove back to the seat and the jerks between gear shifts is controlled better. I haven't timed it. But the way it relentlessly pulls from 70kmph all the to 175 in 5th gear is amazing.
Sounds very promising indeed. Where did you get your remap done? Approximate cost? Any side effects?
Old 25th January 2014, 18:45   #138
BHPian

Quote:

Sounds very promising indeed. Where did you get your remap done? Approximate cost? Any side effects?
I got it done at Bangalore. There are no 'side effects'. Its just a remap . The vehicle has more than enough grunt at city speeds and for short bursts. Only in high speed highway drives you appreciate the map , with avg speeds going up. You can get the quote from Petes . Think they are running discounts this month too.

Last edited by avinash_clt : 25th January 2014 at 18:48.
Old 25th January 2014, 21:43   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_clt View Post
I got it done at Bangalore. There are no 'side effects'. Its just a remap . The vehicle has more than enough grunt at city speeds and for short bursts. Only in high speed highway drives you appreciate the map , with avg speeds going up. You can get the quote from Petes . Think they are running discounts this month too.
OT:
Dude you need to update your Skoda Laura VRS thread. It's been quite a while. Was not a member back then,but use to look at your thread a lot of times.
Old 26th January 2014, 14:31   #140
PKH
BHPian

Guess all the GT TDI owners are thoroughly enjoying their rides to update the forum. My white lightening has completed 4500 Kms in 3.5 months and the wow factor is still there. Only accessory I bought is an armrest I imported from China through Ali Express has nicely blended with the interiors looks good. Will update the pictures soon
Old 27th January 2014, 12:08   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Somehow I haven't seen a single GT TDi on the road in Pune. I see a lot of TSis though. Is the experience of other owners in other cities similar?
Same with me, though we both stay in Pune and we both own GT TDI.
Old 27th January 2014, 13:41   #142
Senior - BHPian

Recently drove a GTD, 1st & 2nd gear was pretty dull & linear.
Once in 3rd gear and beyond that, HELL breaks loose. Post 80kph, acceleration is INSANE.
Steering is not that sharp but the chassis makes up for it.

Overall its a brilliant weekend fun car.
Old 27th January 2014, 17:11   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Ontopic again - Somehow I haven't seen a single GT TDi on the road in Pune. I see a lot of TSis though. Is the experience of other owners in other cities similar?
Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
Same with me, though we both stay in Pune and we both own GT TDI.
I too currently stay in Pune, and own a GT TDi. May be we should meet up with our rides

As we are on the topic of GT TDi, an update.
Its been 4 months since I bought this car. Odometer reading is 8800 Km. Been on road almost the entire month of December. From Pune - Bangalore - Calicut, Calicut - Bangalore - Goa, Goa - Calicut , Calicut - Mangalore - Pune.

I did my wheel rotation and alignment at 7000 K from Calicut. On the way back I noticed the front alloy wheel center cap missing. May be the mechanic missed to put it back and its lying down at the alignment center. Anyway thought I should get a new one from VW showroom and got one for 550 + taxes.
I was checking the oil level and saw that it needs topping up as per the manual and hence got 1 L bottle from the VW Pune showroom and topped it up. Cost was 860 + tax.

Now my experience with the car, its always ready to hit 3 digit speeds or a quick acceleration when you need it. I never felt tired in any of my trips too.
After the tyre upgrade at 2000 km, I "feel " more confident at high speed cornering as well.

A couple of pics to conclude the post.
Volkswagen Polo 1.6L GT TDI : Official Review-dsc_0190_tb.jpg
Volkswagen Polo 1.6L GT TDI : Official Review-dsc_0123_tb.jpg
Volkswagen Polo 1.6L GT TDI : Official Review-dsc_0187_tb.jpg
rejoycjohn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th January 2014, 17:26   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
I too currently stay in Pune, and own a GT TDi. May be we should meet up with our rides
I'm in the US till 10th February. But, any time after that, I'm game for a meet-up/weekend drive to Lavasa etc. Would love to meet other GTD owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
As we are on the topic of GT TDi, an update.
Its been 4 months since I bought this car. Odometer reading is 8800 Km. Been on road almost the entire month of December. From Pune - Bangalore - Calicut, Calicut - Bangalore - Goa, Goa - Calicut , Calicut - Mangalore - Pune.
Nice! One of the resolutions I've made for this year is to drive more .. It's what I enjoy doing and I now have a car that give me genuine driving pleasure. I would love to do something similar (be on the road for a month) and I'm looking forward to the August/September Leh drive plan that is being discussed. Hopefully, that comes to fruition. My "gulabbo" has done 3100 kms in a couple of months, most of that courtesy of a recent Goa trip.
etchemkay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2014, 18:25   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Polo 1.5TDI to debut late 2014, the 1.6 TDI likely to be phased out in 2015!

Facelifted Polo to be offered from May 2014.

Cheers!
Old 29th January 2014, 14:31   #146
BHPian

http://www.motoroids.com/news/new-20...ealed-details/
Old 29th January 2014, 14:40   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Polo 1.5TDI to debut late 2014, the 1.6 TDI likely to be phased out in 2015!

Facelifted Polo to be offered from May 2014.

Cheers!
It does not make sense for VW to plonk the 1.2 and 1.6 diesels in the facelift and then discountinue the same in 6 months to bring the 1.5 The economics of effort will not allow the same. VW would most likely bring the 1.5 diesel and facelift together.
Old 30th January 2014, 17:21   #148
BHPian

Clocked 3,000kms in my car last week, and it never fails to amaze or impress me. Its quite essentially the most fun on four wheels I've had in a long long time. The appeal of a powerful hatchback is just second to none. Got a few upgrades in at really very reasonable prices thanks to VW Shanghai suppliers.

- HU upgrade to Delphi RCD510 (USB/AUX/SD/Bluetooth & OPS - RVC Compatible) - A detailed review of how I went about the whole RCD upgrade, what are the differences between the one made in Poland (Bosch) and the one I got which is made in China (Delphi) is on the cards and I shall post one soon out here.
- OEM Armrest - A must have accessory which should have ideally been standard!
- Cabin lighting from EU Spec polo with twin reading lamps and a Microphone Housing.

Regards,
n:CorE is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 06:58   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n:CorE View Post
Clocked 3,000kms in my car last week, and it never fails to amaze or impress me. Its quite essentially the most fun on four wheels I've had in a long long time. The appeal of a powerful hatchback is just second to none. Got a few upgrades in at really very reasonable prices thanks to VW Shanghai suppliers.

- HU upgrade to Delphi RCD510 (USB/AUX/SD/Bluetooth & OPS - RVC Compatible) - A detailed review of how I went about the whole RCD upgrade, what are the differences between the one made in Poland (Bosch) and the one I got which is made in China (Delphi) is on the cards and I shall post one soon out here.
- OEM Armrest - A must have accessory which should have ideally been standard!
- Cabin lighting from EU Spec polo with twin reading lamps and a Microphone Housing.

Regards,
n:core, I'm very interested in the armrest and cabin lighting upgrades. Can you post the URLs for the actual items (or even post part numbers, etc.) here for everyone's benefit? Other folks with similar upgrades (some have bought from aliexpress.com) can post details too. Much appreciated.
Old 7th February 2014, 11:41   #150
BHPian

Guys, how fair are the chances of polo facelift to hit our roads in may? I thought of booking GT TDI in this month but as the facelift is around the corner I am holding back. But if it's gonna be delayed beyond June, I will go for the present version.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks