Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2014, 11:48   #256
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.6L GT TDI : Official Review

VW Polo facelift coming in September.

Quote:
The Polo model year 2014 has a upgrade with a redesigned bumper and headlamps with LED running lamps. The new Polo for India will also get a new engine too. This will be the 1.5-litre diesel engine and it will replace the current GT TDI with the 1.6-litre diesel engine.
http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...mber-12914.htm
Old 24th April 2014, 20:35   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
VW Polo facelift coming in September.

http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...mber-12914.htm

Friends! I am somehow skeptical about this new 1.5 diesel engine lineup which will supposedly make its way to the face lifted polo.
Globally till date there is no 1.5 diesel lineup. The 1.2 TDI 75 ps seems to be standard across the globe with or without bluemotion.
It's highly probable that the existing engine lineup will continue with the following additions which is also my wishlist :-)

Visible changes to the interior and exterior with ORVM integrated indicators and front arm rest on the polo highline variants.
Electro hydraulic steering setup which will weigh up better at high speeds. Also give a run for its money to the punto/linea
All disc brakes and stiffer suspension on the GT variants
1.2 TSI manual in the highline variant only
1.6 GT TDI with DSG on the vento. A worthy competitor to the Verna automatic.
A change in tyres from noisy Apollo

I would be surprised if VW ditches the 1.2 D or the 1.6 P or D
Note that a majority of the car buyers unlike team bhpians only look at engine capacity instead of ps or torque and take their pick.
VW will no doubt increase prices for the face lifted polo.
Old 29th April 2014, 14:19   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
VW Polo facelift coming in September
According to the latest post(http://www.carwale.com/news/13221-vo...this-july.html) it is coming in July.
Old 30th April 2014, 06:42   #259
BHPian

New Polo - July it is!!
sources: Overdrive/IBNLive

http://overdrive.in/news/volkswagen-...-by-july-2014/

And the changes under the hood seem like the ones that'll make the car even better, maybe even a GT TDI AT! worth a wait n watch
Old 1st May 2014, 09:59   #260
Distinguished - BHPian

Detailed write up on the Polo Facelift offered in UK, hope we get a fraction of these features at least.

The mileage figures of the new 1.4 TDI 3 Cylinder engines are astounding at 37 KM per litre. Of course may be less under Indian Fuel quality and measurement conditions. Even if shave off 15% on account of this, it would still be over 30 MPG, still class leading - even better than the Honda City iDTEC.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...-goes-sale-11k
Old 1st May 2014, 10:26   #261
BHPian

Ohh, so you are using the R15 one's. Sadly, the Michelin Primacy 3 ST is available only in R16 for 205. Have to still decide between the Yokos and the Michelins.
Old 2nd May 2014, 14:15   #262
Senior - BHPian

Been waiting a long long time for this update ( DSG & 105ps diesel combo ).
1500cc would also mean excise benefits i.e better costing.
I just hope its not speculation anymore.

I would hop to the showrooms as soon as they launch this (fingers crossed).
Also the list of features seems pretty impressive.
How many of them actually make it remains to be seen.

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 2nd May 2014 at 14:16.
Old 13th May 2014, 11:40   #263
BHPian

Another update from me on my Polo GT TDi.

Completed 7 months and 14700 kms, and I took the car for the first service. I thought of getting it done before I do my next long trip.

Thanks to the many Team-bhpians who shared their first servicing experience at VW, I was pretty much clear on what I should expect in terms of the final bill, what I should not do from the service center etc.
With these things in my mind, I booked an appointment with BU Bhandari service center at Wakad. Took Mr Anil Kamble as my service executive due to the positive feedback that he had in our forum.

Went early in the morning, waited for my turn and then when Anil entered my car's VIN number in their system, to my surprise there was no entry. I had to then show my RC book and insurance papers and then they made an entry in their system - took around 20 minutes. Supposedly in India only Maruti & Tata have a centralized system! Anyway after this was done , went to Anil again, he inspected my car, took note of the odometer readings and noted that my tyres were Yokohamas. There was a slight rattle from the front passenger seat and he said it will be checked. Opted for normal washing and vacuuming of the car, wheel alignment, wheel balance checking ( no balancing as it was 700 in VW - one can get it done outside at 350 Rs ).

Went back in the evening at 5 to collect my car. But it was not ready and by the time it was ready it was 6 30 PM.

Feedback :- The car was not cleaned properly, the hurry that the cleaning guys took was seen in the final outcome. I did make Anil notice of it, but by that time most of the employees had left, so I just left it at that.
Front passenger seat rattle seems to have decreased now. Anil is extremely courteous in the way he deals with customers - wouldnt complain at all. Before leaving he gave me hanging air fresheners.

Bill - a total of INR 9430.00/-
rejoycjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2014, 12:10   #264
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
Bill - a total of INR 9430.00/-
Rejoy, it would be really helpful if you can post a snap/scan of the bill on this thread - VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts
Old 16th May 2014, 00:26   #265
DWC
BHPian

We all know that a new 1.5 liter engine will attract excise benefits. Does anyone know the current excise paid for the polo GT tdi? Also, what would the new excise payable be for the new engine; provided it is below 1.5L?

In other news, waiting for the new car is literally driving me crazy. Keep refreshing pages hoping for some update or the other every hour. Can July just come already?
Old 17th May 2014, 19:45   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

I believe the Polo 1.6 TDI attracts 24 percent duty presently versus 8 percent that 1.5 liter engine would under current rates. So the difference would be 16 percent of ex showroom price, which works out to roughly 1.25 Lakhs
84.monsoon is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2014, 13:40   #267
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Been waiting a long long time for this update ( DSG & 105ps diesel combo ).
1500cc would also mean excise benefits i.e better costing.
I just hope its not speculation anymore.

I would hop to the showrooms as soon as they launch this (fingers crossed).
Also the list of features seems pretty impressive.
How many of them actually make it remains to be seen.

Looks like the Rapid 1.5 Diesel + DSG combo may get here before or around the same time as the Vento:

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/05/s...gearbox-130548
Old 4th July 2014, 20:24   #268
Senior - BHPian

What are all these particles on the oil filler cap, are they impurities or particles stuck on from the old engine oil , i too have seen this dust/grit like thing stuck on oil filler cap but never cared for it, i too top up with 5W40 Castrol edge fully synthetic for my Vento TDi and the car has been fine so far for 25,000 kms.

Mine is usually highway runs and it is more of 60:40 for highway-city, what i have observed with Castrol is that the oil looses its sheen around 12,000 mark from last oil change, mine has done 14,000 after last service and its running really rough now, maybe Indian traffic conditions are to blame here.

Waiting for the pics with the GTi grill, with a black Polo, am sure it would look killer.
Old 9th July 2014, 19:35   #269
Distinguished - BHPian

Polo engine specs leaked. Polo facelift GT- TSI/TDI speculated in August.

Volkswagen Polo 1.6L GT TDI : Official Review-1404894727detailspolo.jpg

http://carsizzler.com/news-detail/00...t-VW-Polo.html

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th July 2014 at 19:37.
Old 9th July 2014, 21:39   #270
Senior - BHPian

Looks like no DSG for the diesel from the above leak. So for now there is just a manual version of 1.2 TSI going to be available, 1.2 GT TSI with DSG, and the manual GT TDi. What a fail from VW not to launch DSG with GT TDI specially when they were getting the excise benefits. They missed a trick.

Last edited by aseem : 9th July 2014 at 22:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks