Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-358.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pravint (Post 4123097)
Does Anyone find braking feel of honda city non linear compared to other cars?

In new honda city I have to fully press brake pedal while in other cars break pedal is hard to press and doesn't go fully down. I drove multiple honda city cars and found that all cars have same feel and its not problem with my car.

As speed increases the brake feel improves and at speeds greater than 89-90 brake bite is very strong and immediate.

Hi Pravint, were the other cars that you're comparing with equipped with ABS .

Quote:

Originally Posted by outdoorlover (Post 4123540)

AFAIK, ABS is standard across all variants from 3rd Gen City.

Guys, what's the tyre pressure you keep your car at? Recommended says 32 and 30 for front and rear IIRC, but I felt acceleration to be little sluggish after that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Brutailer (Post 4123727)
Guys, what's the tyre pressure you keep your car at? Recommended says 32 and 30 for front and rear IIRC, but I felt acceleration to be little sluggish after that.

Why not add a +1 or +2 psi and try?

Try 33 psi and 31 psi and see if things improve?!

How is the FE?

Quote:

I always maintain 33PSi. Even 35 will do the job pretty well, considering City's saggy suspension.

Quote:

I initially maintained Honda recommended tyre pressure. But like you said, the pick up was a little dull. My drive is mainly in smooth highways. So I experimented a bit and settled for 36 and 34 for front and rear respectively. It provides the best ride and handling combo for the highways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluevolt (Post 4123777)
I always maintain 33PSi. Even 35 will do the job pretty well, considering City's saggy suspension.

I thought City has a stiff suspension. I wish it was a little saggy, so that the low speed ride is a bit more soft.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 4123733)
Why not add a +1 or +2 psi and try?

Try 33 psi and 31 psi and see if things improve?!

How is the FE?

MID says 10.5 kmpl. Haven't calculated myself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deerhunter (Post 4123783)
I initially maintained Honda recommended tyre pressure. But like you said, the pick up was a little dull. My drive is mainly in smooth highways. So I experimented a bit and settled for 36 and 34 for front and rear respectively. It provides the best ride and handling combo for the highways.

I thought City has a stiff suspension. I wish it was a little saggy, so that the low speed ride is a bit more soft.

Thanks. Will increase the pressure. Car feels really sluggish right now. Before acceleration was really sharp (at pressure kept by the showroom guys).

And even I find the suspension to be very stiff over bumps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by outdoorlover (Post 4123540)

I drove Ertiga VXI,XUV, Wagnor VXI And Honda City 2014 SV,V and VX all of them have ABS and Ertiga,WagonR, XUV have hard brakes and brake pedal doesn't go all the way down but In honda city to get same braking I have to almost fully press the pedal.

Honda City has been judged as the best car in its segment for initial quality(2016) by J.D.Power. I do not know how close to reality their studies are, but if this is true, then Honda is improving.

City has scored maximum in overall quality, vehicle exterior, driving experience, engine & transmission, AC and AVN. City's lowest score is in the interior quality. Considering how well discussed the dashboard rattling issue is, the low score in interior quality was expected.

City shared the award with Ciaz in performance execution and layout, where Ciaz scores better over City in styling and City betters Ciaz in performance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deerhunter (Post 4124101)
City shared the award with Ciaz in performance execution and layout, where Ciaz scores better over City in styling and City betters Ciaz in performance.

I understand its not you. Just venting out my observation on the JD Power results.

Ciaz better City in "styling"?

Educate me please - Is JD Power based on public survey OR is it any closed group?

I don't know how Ciaz is better in "Style" as compared to City. One thing that I like the most and I guess, most others would agree - there is nothing wrong with the most recent facelift of City in terms of "Styling". Its plain, simple and yet modern.

As a traditional/contemporary/legacy person, I like Vento design the best :)

But, City has managed to balance it out b/w Vento and Verna in terms of exterior styling elements.

Prem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaviprem (Post 4124301)
I don't know how Ciaz is better in "Style" as compared to City.

Ciaz styling is non-polarising. Its got that "even if you dont like it, you dont hate it" kind of styling. Also Ciaz definitely looks larger than City, and Indians love big things.

City styling, even though I love it, is very polarising. Especially that big chrome grille. Many people hate that design element. That may be the reason for Ciaz scoring better over City in styling.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaviprem (Post 4124301)
Educate me please - Is JD Power based on public survey OR is it any closed group?

I don't know how Ciaz is better in "Style" as compared to City. One thing that I like the most and I guess, most others would agree - there is nothing wrong with the most recent facelift of City in terms of "Styling". Its plain, simple and yet modern.

As a traditional/contemporary/legacy person, I like Vento design the best :)

But, City has managed to balance it out b/w Vento and Verna in terms of exterior styling elements.

Well they probably voted Ciaz as better design because it's fresher. New City design is continuation of old one except for the BMW type taillight design.

And in my eyes, everytime I see Vento I think, man it's a Polo with boot (which technically, it is). It's very old design and has honestly become too long in the tooth. But then, that's just me. Many people prefer that design like people prefer Verna, Linea etc.

So you can't challenge anyone. Like I said, they probably voted it because it's a fresh, contemporary design.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deerhunter (Post 4123783)
My drive is mainly in smooth highways. So I experimented a bit and settled for 36 and 34 for front and rear respectively. It provides the best ride and handling combo for the highways.

Is it safe ? Will this practice not put additional stress on the tyres ?

During highway runs, the tyres get really hot, due to which the air pressure increases anyway, will be worse if they are already over-inflated. Won't doing this increase the chances of a tyre burst ?

Many people including me, fill up air only during the first morning run so that the tyres are not hot enough to give a higher false air pressure reading.

Experts please correct me if I am wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSH (Post 4124454)
Is it safe ? Will this practice not put additional stress on the tyres

Adding a +1 or +2 to the manufacturer recommendation will not be an issue but I am not comfortable going above that.

If it is City only drive then the tyres don't get hot to bursting point. It is the highway that gets the tyre to the temperature.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deerhunter (Post 4124316)
City styling, even though I love it, is very polarising. Especially that big chrome grille. Many people hate that design element.

I don't know what "Polarising" means!
Anyway, I agree, the "chrome" grill is bit too tad and am not at all liking it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Brutailer (Post 4124340)
So you can't challenge anyone. Like I said, they probably voted it because it's a fresh, contemporary design.

I am not "challenging" anyone here. Its just my thought and I just meant "Nothing to write about either of them in terms of design and given a choice, its City for me".

Peace :)