Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2015, 17:54   #391
BHPian

Quick question to the Xcent owners here, was an option of extended warranty upto 5 years offered? My dealer offered only third year extended warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Is yours manual or auto.
Try this link - http://www.customercare.hyundai.co.i...dwarranty.aspx

Mine is a manual transmission.

Last edited by ampere : 27th May 2015 at 18:43. Reason: Merged two posts to keep a more detailed single post
Old 27th May 2015, 18:29   #392
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Xcent : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkats2001 View Post
Quick question to the Xcent owners here, was an option of extended warranty upto 5 years offered? My dealer offered only third year extended warranty.
Is yours manual or auto.
Try this link - http://www.customercare.hyundai.co.in/extendedwarranty.aspx
Old 28th May 2015, 17:45   #393
Senior - BHPian

Quick question on insurance renewal for my xcent sxo AT petrol. I am looking at nil dep with idv of about 6.25 lac. Does a quote around 18000 sound OK. Am looking at Bajaj Allianz and Royal Sundaram. Presently with Bajaj from the dealer when I purchased the car.
Old 1st June 2015, 23:17   #394
Senior - BHPian

I will be giving my xcent for the one year service. It has done only 6000 km.
Any suggestions on synthetic versus other oils during the oil change?
Anything else that needs to be specifically checked for.
Old 2nd June 2015, 00:08   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
I will be giving my xcent for the one year service. It has done only 6000 km.
Any suggestions on synthetic versus other oils during the oil change?
Anything else that needs to be specifically checked for.
I just did my second free service and there is no issue to specifically look into as it is a routine service and the car is running fine. Did not opt for Synthetic this time. Just check with the SA what they will do and that should be fine. I was a bit careless and they did and charged me for AC Disinfection. They will also press for Wheel alignment/balancing. It costs around 1200 from A.S.S. and you can do this outside for less. And ask them not to wash the car as it comes out with more swirl marks than it goes in.
Ford_madhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2015, 12:44   #396
Senior - BHPian

I too have decided to go with regular oil. Asked them to check a wheel / suspension rattle again which they have not been able to sort out for the last few months.
I was given the option of wheel alignment and balancing for about 900₹ . I was OK for that as its difficult to get that done elsewhere where I stay.
Will receive the car back in the evening and update about the bill and work done.
Old 2nd June 2015, 20:47   #397
Senior - BHPian

My total bill for the second free service came to ₹2522. A lot of the amount is taxes! Didn't notice any difference in the car when I drove it. unfortunately it rained a lot as they dropped the car back and hence the car wasn't clean.
Here is the bill:
Hyundai Xcent : Official Review-img_20150602_1904482.jpg

Last edited by BenjiRoss : 2nd June 2015 at 20:49.
BenjiRoss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2015, 21:28   #398
Senior - BHPian

Today renewed insurance for my Xcent S (o) Diesel. Zero Dep policy costed me for 18900 (20% NCB) from HDFC Ergo. Had an option to for Reliance Insurance at much cheaper rates (13K), but decided against it. I was told that HDFC/ICICI have Pan india tie up with Hyundai. Next week would be second service (Did just 8000kms in a year). Even i am planning for Synthetic oil, but will check at Service station.
Old 11th June 2015, 22:46   #399
Senior - BHPian

Got my Car serviced yesterday (It was her first B'day),2nd free service bill came at 46xx/-(plenty of taxes). Went ahead with Regular engine oil with Bardahl Additive (which i opted for no reason), consumables & Alignment . Overall driveability has improved.
Old 22nd June 2015, 16:25   #400
BHPian

Minor issues with my Xcent

Dear All,

I am very new to the forum, and am starting a thread for the first time (tried searching through the existing threads, but could not find something similar). Please excuse if this should have been in some another topic/part of any existing thread.

I bought a Hyundai Xcent 1.2 SX (O) in Feb this year, have done close to 1000 kms. First free service is done. I am a newbie driver, just learnt driving recently. I am facing a few issues with the vehicle, and wanted expert advice on the same:
  1. Bumper Crack - So my first time driving the car over a long distance, decided to take it to Phoenix Market City. Slightly nervous, but everything is fine till I reach the mall parking lot. While entering the parking, slightly over steer and the car climbs atop the small divider. Slowly reverse, and see that the engine guard below the front bumper is hanging loose with 2 plastic screws fallen down. Fix it temporarily, and then take it to the Hyundai A.S.S the next day. He also fixes it temporarily, and says first service is due in 4-5 days, will take a look then. During the first service, they mount it on the ramp for a better look. Very small crack in the underside of the front bumper, not visible at all. Also, they say that the engine bracket is very slightly cracked. Now, it seems this engine bracket is one complete part running all the way around the bonnet and frame, so the only option is to replace the entire bracket and bumper (even for a small crack!). Expenses around 8K for the engine bracket and 10K for the bumper, to be covered by insurance. I did not go for it, seems very minor and the car is running fine. But will this cause any long term issue wrt stability, safety etc.?
  2. Left ORVM Indicator - First trip home to Mumbai via the expressway, and all goes well. Driving through Mumbai city traffic, and some nut tempo guy knocks off my left ORVM near Inorbit Malad. The entire assembly fell off, and I assumed the worst. Picked up the parts, and when I went back home saw that nothing was broken. Managed to put it back together. Electrical adjustment and indicators work fine. Only thing is that the plastic casing and chrome border of the indicator is knocked off. I have the chrome indicator, but was unable to put it back in. Went to the Hyundai A.S.S, and they mentioned that the indicator strip needs to be replaced in its entirety, and will cost around 2K. However, they do not have it in stock. So the thing is the indicator wire with LED lights is now visible (not hanging out, it is in the channel within the ORVM), but with no cover. Monsoon is here and was worried if it will cause any problem/shorting etc. if it gets wet.
  3. Screeching noise when I start driving - This is bit peculiar. Whenever I start the car in the morning (overnight in covered parking lot) or in the evening in office (couple of hours in the office covered parking lot), there is some sort of screeching/squealing noise. This is not when the car starts, and not even when I reverse it out of parking. Rather when I engage it in gear and then start moving forward, this crops up. The sound seems to come from the front, and it is there for 5 mins or so initially. It then dies out. What could be the problem? I am sure when I take it to the A.S.S, there will be no noise since I have already driven it that far.
  4. Crackling noise - I seem to hear some sort of crackling noise coming out of the AC vent, or some other part within the dashboard. This is again not very loud, but it keeps coming intermittently. This sometimes happens even when the AC is switched off. I am afraid this could be from some electrical wire shorting etc. Any suggestions on what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance for hearing me out. And please excuse if any of these queries seem silly, maybe I am a new owner and driver and hence overly concerned
Old 22nd June 2015, 18:28   #401
BHPian

Re: Minor issues with my Xcent

Quote:
Dear All,
[*]Screeching noise when I start driving - This is bit peculiar. Whenever I
@Venkats2001,

I'm not an expert, and maybe the others here can also confirm, but the screeching /squealing suggest a loose alternator belt. This can be rectified at the service station.

Also if you want you can get your bumper repaired instead of replacing. There are many garages in pune who do it.
kutoos is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 21:06   #402
BANNED

Quote:
[*]Screeching noise when I start driving - This is bit peculiar. Whenever I start the car in the morning (overnight in covered parking lot) or in the evening in office (couple of hours in the office covered parking lot), there is some sort of screeching/squealing noise. This is not when the car starts, and not even when I reverse it out of parking. Rather when I engage it in gear and then start moving forward, this crops up. The sound seems to come from the front, and it is there for 5 mins or so initially. It then dies out. What could be the problem? I am sure when I take it to the A.S.S, there will be no noise since I have already driven it that far.
Can you make a video or record the sound when you get it as it could help us.

Is the gear slotting well and clutch pedal travel fine?

Quote:
[*]Crackling noise - I seem to hear some sort of crackling noise coming out of the AC vent, or some other part within the dashboard.
Hope the sound isn't glove box like any loose item?! Or worst case any coin or its likes dropped in the AC vents accidentally that could be rattling.
Old 22nd June 2015, 23:41   #403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear All,

I bought a Hyundai Xcent 1.2 SX (O) in Feb this year, have done close to 1000 kms.
[list=1][*]Bumper Crack - Also, they say that the engine bracket is very slightly cracked. Now, it seems this engine bracket is one complete part running all the way around the bonnet and frame, ...... Expenses around 8K for the engine bracket and 10K for the bumper, to be covered by insurance. I did not go for it, seems very minor and the car is running fine. But will this cause any long term issue wrt stability, safety etc.?
Hi Venkat,
Sorry to hear the issues but happy to see that you care for your car.

When the structural members undergo repeated cycles of loading and release, the cracks tend to propagate. We call this fatugue cracks; these are notorious for sudden failure without warning.

The other possibility is that the crack is really not a threatening one and ASS is just eyeing your insurance claim. If you send me pic or show the car, I can advise. You can send me on whatsapp too.

Quote:
Left ORVM Indicator ...... Only thing is that the plastic casing and chrome border of the indicator is knocked off. Went to the Hyundai A.S.S, and they mentioned that the indicator strip needs to be replaced in its entirety, and will cost around 2K. However, they do not have it in stock. So the thing is the indicator wire with LED lights is now visible (not hanging out, it is in the channel within the ORVM), but with no cover. Monsoon is here and was worried if it will cause any problem/shorting etc. if it gets wet.
One temporary crude solution is to fix a good quality transparent tape to cover the LED lights. Replace it when necessary. You can do this for a year or so, get the No Claim Bonus and then get it done under the insurance next year.

Also check the cost of the entire mirror assembly. If it is only marginally higher than 2k, replace the mirror assembly right now and keep the existing one as spare.

Quote:
Screeching noise when I start driving -
For ASS, this shall be a known problem with proven solution though you are not able to demonstrate to them. But anyway, take a video to show to them.

Quote:
Crackling noise - .....coming out of the AC vent, or some other part within the dashboard. This is again not very loud, but it keeps coming intermittently. This sometimes happens even when the AC is switched off.
I fear rats....Please check, this does happen. Is your parking place infested with rats?
  1. Do not park your car near intricate corner and debris.
  2. When you park the car, switch the AC to cabin air re circulation mode and not fresh air mode.
  3. Do not keep park the car unused for long period.
  4. There are other solution too for the rats.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 11:53   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutoos View Post
@Venkats2001,

I'm not an expert, and maybe the others here can also confirm, but the screeching /squealing suggest a loose alternator belt. This can be rectified at the service station.

Also if you want you can get your bumper repaired instead of replacing. There are many garages in pune who do it.
Thanks, I will check with the A.S.S. on the screeching noise. Can you let me know of any good and reliable garage in Pune?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Can you make a video or record the sound when you get it as it could help us.

Is the gear slotting well and clutch pedal travel fine?

Hope the sound isn't glove box like any loose item?! Or worst case any coin or its likes dropped in the AC vents accidentally that could be rattling.
I'll create the video and share. The clutch and gear slotting is fine, no issues there. And no loose change etc. in the glove box, and nothing accidentally dropped in the AC vents as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Hi Venkat,
Sorry to hear the issues but happy to see that you care for your car.
Thanks, I will take a pic. of the bumper crack and share. There is no rat infestation in my parking lot, it is clean and well-maintained.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 23rd June 2015 at 12:07. Reason: Trimming quoted content. Inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks.
Old 23rd June 2015, 16:13   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Dear All,

Bumper Crack -
Left ORVM Indicator -
Screeching noise when I start driving
Crackling noise
Hi Venkat,
Everyone here feels exactly like you when their car gets damaged specially if it's brand new. So this is what I would have done.

Bumper Crack - Though there is no structural damage or any safety issues, I would still replace it with insurance. I have tendency to think about cracks whenever I sit in the car.
Left ORVM Indicator - Again I would replace this. Temporarily you can tape the loose end of the wire.
Screeching noise when I start driving - Does this happen when you turn on the AC or does it happen even when it's off?
Crackling noise - Not sure, Sorry.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks