Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2017, 19:50   #2686
BHPian

Re: ABS light lit up, F mode in Gear Indicator

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I was watching this thread to see that tata motors have cleaned up their act in the service side. It seems they still need to make progress. In trivandrum, Focuz is supposed to be among the better ones - i hope you have the customer care phone nos and email id's - escalate until you get a fire burning under their collective bottoms.
I sent a mail to TATA for which no reply was received till now. But there is a Message in my FB since I posted the same in ZEST Official page.
"Hi, thanks for sharing your details with us. We are sorry to that you are facing some issue with your stunning Zest. Rest assured we have shared your concern with our team. They will get in touch with you soon."
Old 3rd July 2017, 20:58   #2687
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

http://service.tatamotors.com/content/contact-us

have you tried the respective phone numbers?
have you received the survey feedback call yet ?
Old 4th July 2017, 15:26   #2688
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: ABS light lit up, F mode in Gear Indicator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnath View Post
My car met with an accident on 7th April 2017 and it was a collision with another Alto.
I gave the car for repair at Focuz Automobiles Edapally Ernakulam. Got the car after repair on 2nd May 2017. Shortly after I received the car while riding at odo 42,244 the steering became hard and ABS light started appearing and gear indicator showed F.
Well looking at what you are facing - I feel the assessment from the SA/SE was actually correct. Seems like a lose connector / sensor issue. Seems that the fix they made wasn't robust enough & with bumps/vibrations there is trouble again. Keep following up for a couple of days, it will get resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnath View Post
Today the same issue happened - odo at 43,130. Now the steering has become tight, ABS and parking light stay lit up and are not going off. Also, I would like to mention that the airbags didn't get deployed at the time of the collision in April. When a front impact happens aren't the airbags supposed to inflate ?
Attachment 1653264
The airbags aren't supposed to just dumb-deploy. The controller will take the decision on the basis of the magnitude of the impact dynamically using a lot of parameters. Speed of the vehicle, point where the impact happened, actual force of the impact etc. So no big issue if they didn't deploy. Good that the impact wasn't that strong. Maybe Zest decided Alto doesn't warrant such a drastic measure . Just kidding.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2017, 15:30   #2689
Senior - BHPian

Took my car for 60 K service. Scheduled maintenance is change of oil, filters, coolant and timing chain kit. Estimate came to about 14,000/-

I asked for AMC, they have it but were unsure about final amount due to ongoing GST updation. After several minutes of chaos, they finally came out with a figure - 14,575/- for silver AMC package for 60K to 75 K service, which would come to around 20,000/- if not for the AMC.

Didnt have much complaint with car. Other than scheduled maintenance, wiper blades were changed (Rs.610/-) Spray for doors and battery ( Rs.150/-).

Made it a point to clean AC air filter. Airflow improved.

Car was smoother than before.

No niggles showed up. Quite satisfied with the car.

Interesting points are :- while timing chain kit and labour are covered in the AMC, sealant for fixing packings isnt. It was charged Rs.80/- ; Part no. for timing chain for both the engines ( 75 ps and 90 ps) is same, but change interval for 90 is 60 k km, for 75 its 1 lakh km. Asked about it, they said something like higher speed of engine.
simplyself is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 12:43   #2690
BHPian

Zest Revotron (XMS variant) Ownership experience so far -
Purchased -- February 2016
ODO-15,000 kms
Driving: 25% city and 75% highway drives. Sedate, unhurried style on highways with speeds between 80-100 kmph most of the time.

Overall a very satisfied and great experience with the vehicle so far.
No niggles or problems to report.
Service experience has been very good so far (KHT Motors, Bangalore).

Some observations:
Steering size and feedback is great. Good calibration of EPS.
Very good ride and handling. Fairly tall car in comparison to peers.
Quite heavy (around 1110 kg) - New Dzire (petrol) is more than 250kgs lighter!

OEM tyres are Bridgestone B250, 185/60/R15. Above average in performance. Noise is little on the higher side.

Turning radius is fairly large. More 3-point turns at tight spots.

Typical FE: Highways 17-18 kmpl. City 11-12 kmpl.
srvm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 22:25   #2691
BHPian

Approaching 64,000kms on my TATA Zest XMS RT90 petrol, in just over 2 years.

Apart from the initial hiccup the car has been performing flawlessly. Every mile puts a smile on my face. Every time I step into it, it never ceases to amaze me with its build quality, ride quality, refinement and features. For the sticker price this car is a steal.

Fuel economy has been 12-13 in the city and around 17 on the highway.

My daily running warrants a diesel car but I just can't let go of my Zest
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Zest : Official Review-img_20170717_221500.jpg  

fuelinmyveins is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th July 2017, 10:12   #2692
Senior - BHPian

Done another 1000 km trip to Chennai in just under 17 hours. Maintained a consistent 100 kmph throughout. Returned 20.56 kmpl. We were 2 people, with AC on full time. As mentioned, heavy cross winds from Ongole till TN border didn't quite ruffle the car. No fatigue at all.

Almost immediately done another 1650 km trip to Bangalore, Tirupati and back. Best mileage was 20.6 kmpl and the worst was 18.67 kmpl( in Bangalore City). Speeds were between 90 - 110 kmph.

No strain at all for both us and the car. Performed flawlessly. Beside the comfortable seating, steering calibration is also a factor in providing good and fatigue free driving experience.

Now odo stands at 64450 km
simplyself is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 08:28   #2693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enobarbus View Post
They say it is the cost of the tensioner alone. The actual cost is 4130 and not 5000 as I mentioned earlier. Thanks for letting me know about the warranty. I shall question them on this.
Timing chain kit and labour charges for replacement is about Rs.7,500/-. For 90 PS diesel, the replacement is at 60,000 km interval. For 75 PS diesel it is 1 lakh kilometers.

Warranty should apply if it's before that interval.

However, I had opted for silver AMC when I took my car for 60,000 km service. It costed me Rs.14,500 and covered the 60K service and scheduled maintenance which included the usual oil and filters change plus the scheduled maintenance of replacement of timing chain kit and change of coolant (7.5 litres). The estimated cost is about Rs.14,000/-. The AMC covers the 75,000 km service too. So, in effect, 75K service comes as free.

Gold AMC was available too, but not applicable for my vehicle.

Mine is an XM 90 diesel. The service centre guys initially said replacement of timing chain kit need not be replaced. I was perplexed initially and pointed to the manual. Then I realized that the XM now comes with 75 PS engine. They too realized mine is an older model ( 2014) and proceeded with work.

Last edited by simplyself : 20th July 2017 at 08:34.
simplyself is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 19:33   #2694
BHPian

Guys, a very basic one here.. I was looking for a Body cover for my Zest, have tried a few but none of them are a proper fit, neither provide complete protection. The only one that was better than the rest so far was a Carmate cover but you have to compromise on the fit. What you guys have been using and how's the quality?
devilicious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 07:49   #2695

I have using polco. It's of good material and fits perfect. Got it thru Amazon.
raghu_acharya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 08:07   #2696
Senior - BHPian

Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post
Guys, a very basic one here.. I was looking for a Body cover for my Zest, have tried a few but none of them are a proper fit, neither provide complete protection. The only one that was better than the rest so far was a Carmate cover but you have to compromise on the fit. What you guys have been using and how's the quality?

Speak to Pranesh +917820088808 from TPH covers. They normally custom make the covers. They have some really awesome stuff. Expensive though but will last the car's life. I bought two from them recently (6 months) the fit and finish is perfect.Drive a hard bargain.
http://www.tphcovers.com.
Don't order online. Call and negotiate. They will FedEx the cover in COD.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 23rd July 2017 at 08:24.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 20:34   #2697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu_acharya View Post
I have using polco. It's of good material and fits perfect. Got it thru Amazon.
I think you're talking about this one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Expensive though but will last the car's life. I bought two from them recently (6 months) the fit and finish is perfect.Drive a hard bargain.
They are indeed expensive starting from 5.5K to over 10K. But appreciate your suggestion buddy.
Old 30th July 2017, 09:49   #2698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post
I bought Tata Zest branded body cover for approx 1300. Quality is good and fits perfectly. You can try that.
mayankverma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 14:10   #2699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankverma View Post
I bought Tata Zest branded body cover for approx 1300. Quality is good and fits perfectly. You can try that.
Do you mean body cover from Tata genuine accessories list?
I was told that it costs Rs.1900 (Part code 885740111409).
Why the difference of Rs.600?
Old 1st August 2017, 13:52   #2700
Senior - BHPian

I have been seeing a lot of Zests as taxis. It seems a significant number of the modest sales are taxis nowadays.

Tata should facelift Zest - a revised front grill and bumper, rear bumper and tail lamp cluster, stick to 90 PS diesel engine in top variants to differentiate the car from taxi segment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks