Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2014, 17:56   #541
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post

Done 450 kms in over 2 days and all I can say is that I am impressed . There is a 2500 kms roundtrip coming up over the next 2 weeks, will share more details post that .

Turbo lag is no longer a major issue with this MJD in city traffic and the FE as you see in these pics is definitely impressive
Congratulations Satya on getting the Ciaz. Awaiting the ownership review.

Did read your ordeal with the Amaze, feel sad for you but disappointed with Honda's behavior.

Congratulations once again!

Anurag.
Old 19th December 2014, 18:00   #542
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Has the Ciaz been released to the taxi market already? I've seen two of these cars in flesh until now, and both with yellow commercial plates. Surprising!
Old 19th December 2014, 19:33   #543
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Congratulations Satya on the new car. That was quick I suppose. Read your ordeal with Amaze on the other thread. So, returning to Maruti Suzuki was probably the best logical call that you could take after your superb ownership experience of the Zen.

Wish all agonies are left behind and only great & joyful miles lie ahead. Waiting for the ownership thread.

Regards,

Saket

Yes Saket. There were other vehicles that we were also looking at ( Vento , Rapid , Fluence and the Corolla which is my favourite ). These might be better products as compared to the Ciaz depending on what your KPIs are , but after the not-so-Amaze experience , I strongly believe it's a MUL product that's the best package

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Congrats on the new car Since you have owned Amaze as well previously, a little bit of comparison between both on the engine front would be valuable.

Thanks for posting the pics and also confirming that you are writing a review too.

Wish you many happy miles on the Ciaz!!!
Sure will keep this in mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Congratulations Satya and you are really lucky to own this car in a short span of time

You mean to say the car was moving linearly without any turbo lag in city limits? Also under what conditions did you get these figures? It really is impressive

There is a turbo lag for sure and you still feel the rush at 2000 rpm , but it's much better to drive now. Bumper to bumper is still a 1st gear affair. Me and Arun Josie did the first set of TDs with 5 adults and AC on a steep uphill climb in second gear which the car climbed effortlessly. I remember struggling with similar loads in the 75 Bhp engine on the same stretch

I have posted the speed log. With AC on, never exceeded 2200 rpm in any gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Congratulations Satya for the Ciaz. Let the numbers start rolling on the ODO now!

So, I and arun_josie were part of the running in for the Ciaz in our own respective rides - The Ertiga and the Linea.

It was a MJD "get-together" 2 days back clocking some miles on NICE Road-

And see how long the Ciaz looks!

Yes. That was fun. All 3 of us reset the trip meters and stuck to a limit of 80 kph with AC on throughout the 33 km NICE road stretch

While the Ertiga and the Linea returned 25.xx kpl , the Ciaz was 30 kpl !! BTW the FE display is locked at 30 kpl , so anything more would still show as 30 kpl

Last edited by speedsatya : 19th December 2014 at 19:41.
speedsatya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2014, 20:47   #544
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Congratulations Satya for the Ciaz. Let the numbers start rolling on the ODO now!

And see how long the Ciaz looks!
The ertiga actually looks like a hatchback in comparison to the Ciaz

Congratulations Satya! It is quite a surprise to see a return customer for Maruti and from this I believe there are more such examples. If Hyundai and Maruti can go up a segment or two, then I guess they can capture more market share in the upper segments in due course of time. Since the initial response is excellent, the car will sustain good numbers in the longrun since there is a really good word of mouth publicity that can benefit Maruti. Same thing happened when people were doubtful about the sales of the Ertiga. I guess it repeated here.
Old 19th December 2014, 22:46   #545
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
The ertiga actually looks like a hatchback in comparison to the Ciaz
Blame it on the camera angle and length of the shot/distance from the subject which makes the Ertiga look like a hatch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Since the initial response is excellent, the car will sustain good numbers in the long run since there is a really good word of mouth publicity that can benefit Maruti. Same thing happened when people were doubtful about the sales of the Ertiga. I guess it repeated here.
Agree with you, it may not set the charts on fire but will sell decently well and be in the mid-range sales throughout. All this car needs is a 1.6L engine.

Anurag.
Old 21st December 2014, 12:13   #546
Senior - BHPian

Facing a weird problem now. At cold start , the oil pressure light stays on for a long time ( around a minute ). Don't see this later on in the day.

Any idea on what this could be ? Signs of an impending oil pump failure ? Oil levels look okay. No error codes seen by MASS as well

Old 21st December 2014, 12:36   #547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Facing a weird problem now. At cold start , the oil pressure light stays on for a long time ( around a minute ). Don't see this later on in the day.

The youtube video is 'private'. Change the settings!
Old 21st December 2014, 13:18   #548
Senior - BHPian

From the pictures in the review thread, I was of the impression that the Ciaz would be bulky and with rounded corners. But I saw one in flesh on road some time back, and I was impressed. In reality it doesn't look all that bulky; in fact it looks nice. The white colour also looks much better than grey; I think. And yes, at the first glance, the rear is easily mistaken for a Honda City or what!
Old 21st December 2014, 18:42   #549
BANNED

Quote:

Any idea on what this could be ? Signs of an impending oil pump failure ? Oil levels look okay. No error codes seen by MASS as well.
The video is private buddy. Please do change the setting and repost. Thanks!

Does the glow plug indicator stay longer after the ignition is switched ON?

Anurag.
Old 22nd December 2014, 23:43   #550
BHPian

Hi guys, I would highly reccomend an upgrade to 195/60R15 which i have done, for razor sharp handling and mindblowing stopping power. A 90 degree turn at 70 kmph feels like a joke. I regularly do the ghat sections of wayanad and am enjoying it thoroughly.
Passiondrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 10:37   #551
BHPian

Finally took delivery of the CIAZ. The delivery experience was more than terrible for a person with attention to details, I ended up taking the car back to the showroom 3 consecutive days to get the car cleaned and the mess they have made sorted out.
Super happy with the actual car as for now. It drives so smooth and comfort levels are very high and loaded with all the gadgets.
Opinion during TD of tough seating position, uncomfortable seats are no more a worry as its easy to find a comfortable position.
Gear changes are a little too many inside the city but cant complain for its maneuverability.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-20141220_091021.jpg

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-20141220_091032.jpg

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-20141220_090936.jpg

Modifications have been initiated, will update with pictures soon, Ciaz is sure a looker, you will accept it when you see the pictures.
Visaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 15:22   #552
BHPian

Today I did a 10 min test drive of the Ciaz DDIS and here are the impressions.

Looks: Very Sleek front grille complimented with Projectors gives it excellent road presence.16 inch alloys look elegant and surely a looker.

Suspension: With 4 on board, soaked all rough patches with ease, drive was flawless and sorted.

Refinement/Ergo: Was well refined and very less sound creeping into the cabin. The car surged eagerly in first and second with full load and A/c ON. There was a lag but very faint. Clutch was super light and gears slotted very well, Horn was easy on the thumb no need to use that thumb pressure much.

Steering: Super light at Zero speeds helped maneuvering the big vehicle very easily. Felt confident in high speeds.

Overall: Very impressed from the outside/inside, from drive perspective and for the creature comforts it offers. Of course its a notch or two below 1.6 big guys but it can definitely keep up when really challenged.

A Car that is ready for everyday duties and more perfect would be to be chauffeured around.
Old 23rd December 2014, 20:43   #553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It doesn't seem OK to me. The oil pressure light in my Swift D goes as soon as the the engine is started and afaik oil pumps for both 75 and 90 hp variants are the same.

Have you checked this in another Ciaz D?
Old 23rd December 2014, 23:20   #554
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Me and Arun Josie did the first set of TDs with 5 adults and AC on a steep uphill climb in second gear which the car climbed effortlessly. I remember struggling with similar loads in the 75 Bhp engine on the same stretch
Yes, with 5 adults and AC @ full speed, it took a steep uphill climb effortlessly. I was surprised because my linea would struggle on the same climb with lesser load, I mean I will have to be on the first gear.

And with the same load and AC@ full speed, it reached some high speeds on the NICE road in quick time . No struggle at all.

Quote:
Yes. That was fun. All 3 of us reset the trip meters and stuck to a limit of 80 kph with AC on throughout the 33 km NICE road stretch

While the Ertiga and the Linea returned 25.xx kpl , the Ciaz was 30 kpl !! BTW the FE display is locked at 30 kpl , so anything more would still show as 30 kpl
Initially I thought it was just a gimmick from Maruti to claim the most fuel efficient car, but your numbers proved otherwise.

@Parag, It was nice meeting you mate
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 23:22   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
It doesn't seem OK to me. The oil pressure light in my Swift D goes as soon as the the engine is started and afaik oil pumps for both 75 and 90 hp variants are the same.

Have you checked this in another Ciaz D?
All the lights disappear as soon as the engine cranks, in my ciaz zdi. Something fishy with the diagnostics I guess..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks