Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2015, 11:34   #706
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSG12777 View Post
Hello Reihem and welcome to Team Bhp! Congrats on your purchase of the Ciaz Automatic. Nice to see a fellow Chennai BHPian purchase the Ciaz AT. Please do PM me as I would like to talk to you regarding the car. I am unable to PM you as it says you have chosen not to receive PMs and emails.

Few basic questions though; do you feel the car is sluggish with the 1.4L engine and the 4 speed AT? Have you tried doing higher speeds like 90-100 kmph and how does it accelerate to that speed? How does it feel when cruising? Are you happy with the AC performance? There is no AT Ciaz for TD at 2 of the dealers I checked with, hence the questions.

I thought the front centre armrest was an ergonomic mess as hardly my elbow could rest on it. The one in the new Honda City is really useless, so the Ciaz's is a shade better. Unfortunately I am so used to the convenient foldable driver seat armrest in my 2010 Verna Transform 1.6 petrol SX that this becomes very obvious in any car that does not have a properly designed or positioned armrest. Do PM me! Thanks.

---Venkat
Hi Venkat,

Checked the message settings and have turned everything on now; I hadn't noticed those settings earlier !

1. Regarding the pickup, acceleration & cruising on the AT: The 1.4 is a surprising engine; you expect it to be sluggish ( and I am well versed with sluggish cars as I spend a good amount of time driving an i20 a.k.a captain sluggish) but in reality the ciaz is anything but that. I have had no issue zipping in and out of traffic. When you floor the pedal at lower speeds ( and lower ratios) there is an instant burst of power felt. At middle speeds there is a barely noticeably lag as the AT drops a ratio or 2 as required to surge forward.

Cruising is truly effortless at 90+, I did this on OMR early in the morning with only moderate traffic; I haven't yet had an opportunity to try 110+ on a long stretch but have effortlessly done so for short bursts.

2. The AC has been great, the rear vents are a boon - having said that lets keep in mind this is chennai's "winter" so its not really being challenged

3. The armrest point you raised is an important one. The armrest works for me ONLY because I sit with the seat pushed back fully. In any other position it would not do the job. I am ok with it only because of my seat position preference.

I live in Poes Garden - I have turned on my messaging/email etc - I would be happy to give a fellow BHPian a test drive. I am in the country till Saturday and then gone for a bit. Let me know if you would like to come over and take it for a spin.
reihem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2015, 12:11   #707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
You can watch video, BUT only when the handbrake is engaged. Not sure why they have put this feature in but thats how it has been designed.
That's actually a good feature considering we Indians have a habit of kissing safety good bye for the sake of entertainment.
Old 4th February 2015, 12:45   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargashwin06 View Post
That's actually a good feature considering we Indians have a habit of kissing safety good bye for the sake of entertainment.
Agreed. That is a valid point. I suspect some users use the ICE to entertain other passengers, especially young children. However, there are aftermarket solutions to address that market.
Old 4th February 2015, 14:02   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Venkat,

Checked the message settings and have turned everything on now; I hadn't noticed those settings earlier !

I live in Poes Garden - I have turned on my messaging/email etc - I would be happy to give a fellow BHPian a test drive. I am in the country till Saturday and then gone for a bit. Let me know if you would like to come over and take it for a spin.
Hi Reihem,

Nice to hear from you. Yes it would be great to meet and take the Ciaz out for a spin. Good to hear the 1.4 with automatic performs well. This is certainly surprising considering the size of the engine and the car, and the old school 4-speed box. I shall PM you today.

---Venkat
Old 4th February 2015, 15:38   #710
BHPian

Hi reihem, still unable to PM you, so not sure what the problem is.
Kindly email me on vsg12777 AT gmail dot com or SMS/WhatsApp me on 98847 75165 so that we can discuss further. I do not want to spam this thread with our chats. Thanks.
Old 4th February 2015, 15:44   #711
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You can watch video, BUT only when the handbrake is engaged.
Does it require handbrake to be engaged or will it play if vehicle is not in motion?

In XUV too they have this feature, however it is not required to engage handbrake. If the vehicle is stationary ( Ex: Engine switched off, engage gear and infotainment system ON) it is possible to play movie.

This is a safety feature to avoid driver distraction
Old 4th February 2015, 16:24   #712
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSG12777 View Post
Hi reihem, still unable to PM you, so not sure what the problem is.
He is a Newbie. Neither he can receive a PM nor send a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Does it require handbrake to be engaged or will it play if vehicle is not in motion?
I guess the vehicle doesn't need to be in motion.
Old 4th February 2015, 19:14   #713
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Ciaz to get sports variant soon with sports kit & rear Spoiler .

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-b9amqwyigaaguki.jpg
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-maruti20suzuki20_ciaz20rs2.jpg

http://www.gaadiwaadi.com/Upcoming_C...odel=Ciaz%20RS
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th February 2015, 19:41   #714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki Ciaz to get sports variant soon with sports kit & rear Spoiler .

Attachment 1336414
Attachment 1336415

http://www.gaadiwaadi.com/Upcoming_C...odel=Ciaz%20RS
Is it me or does the car look lowered? IF yes, then atleast someone in india understands the meaning of a sports version. Although MSIL was resposible for Swift RS
Crazy_Bean is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2015, 20:08   #715
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Is it me or does the car look lowered? IF yes, then atleast someone in india understands the meaning of a sports version. Although MSIL was resposible for Swift RS
I guess the rear is loaded than lowered. This version definitely looks good instead of the usual special edition crap. The addition of the skirts means they have to check ground clearance so this car has been loaded to check the same.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2015, 21:20   #716
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post

Is it me or does the car look lowered?
Look at the gap between the rear wheel arc and the rear tyre as compared to the gap between and the front wheel arc and it's wheel. The gap is less on the rear as compared to the front.

Also the side skirts are making it lower further. Overall I love it as compared to the stock one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I guess the rear is loaded than lowered.
You are right!
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2015, 22:55   #717
BHPian

What is the navigation software in Ciaz and which version of the maps it is running. Can the user update maps or it has to go to A.S.S for this.
Old 5th February 2015, 05:11   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Agreed. That is a valid point. I suspect some users use the ICE to entertain other passengers, especially young children. However, there are aftermarket solutions to address that market.
You are right. It's more for the kid although I agree it can be distracting considering the fact that my son's favorite movie is Cars which has a lot of ambient noise of cars all around.

Quote:
It requires handbrake. My swift had a Pioneer dual din touch screen HU which had the same thing. Video works only if the handbrake is engaged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
What is the navigation software in Ciaz and which version of the maps it is running. Can the user update maps or it has to go to A.S.S for this.
Have to check in detail although I am aware they are using the Nokia Map. The SD card holder on top of the player I presume has the maps loaded in it cause I tried to remove it and it had given some error on the map thing. Let me read it well next time. Update is a good question. Have to read through and will post here if I find something.
Old 5th February 2015, 09:03   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
He is a Newbie. Neither he can receive a PM nor send a PM.
Thanks for the clarification. It was really baffling me !

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki Ciaz to get sports variant soon with sports kit & rear Spoiler
This is beautiful ! I hope MSL offers this as an after purchase accessory as well. Right now the guys at ABT aren't even sure about offering me the touchscreen ICE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
The SD card holder on top of the player I presume has the maps loaded in it cause I tried to remove it and it had given some error on the map thing. Let me read it well next time. Update is a good question. Have to read through and will post here if I find something.
This is what I was worried about, the maps need to be loaded on an SD card and inserted in order to function - which means i can't use the SD card reader for music if I want navigation to function.
Old 5th February 2015, 10:39   #720
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
Video works fine. Works only if hand break is engaged. This is how it is in most video players in the market for safety although there is a hack to it. Will try and update.
Quote:
You can watch video, BUT only when the handbrake is engaged. Not sure why they have put this feature in but thats how it has been designed.
Quote:

In XUV too they have this feature, however it is not required to engage handbrake. If the vehicle is stationary ( Ex: Engine switched off, engage gear and infotainment system ON) it is possible to play movie.

This is a safety feature to avoid driver distraction
I have a Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 unit in my Vento and there is an option in the settings to turn it off dependency on the hand brake which enables you to play video when the car is in motion. No hack required. Maybe this unit in the Ciaz also has a similar option?

I occasionally use it to play cartoons for my kid during long drives. Based on my observation, it is no more a distraction than playing audio. Of course, attempting to play your favorite movie is not recommended
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks