Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2015, 20:48   #271
BHPian

Re: Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil.sharma View Post
Clearly, the i10 Grand isn’t in the running
Sorry sir, I beg to differ here. Grand i10 is very much in the competition along with other hatchbacks. From the mods price comparison list, the price that you listed seems to project Grand i10 petrol priced more than Swift / Bolt. Also, the mileage that you listed for Swift Diesel seems to be low.
Grand Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2015, 23:57   #272
BHPian

Tata has garnered 1500 pre-bookings for Bolt and 50,000 inquiries according to MotorBeam news.

Link to news:

http://www.motorbeam.com/2015/01/car...000-enquiries/

The pre-booking numbers seem to be on lower side. Tata need to rev up their sales team to convert the inquiries in to firm orders to sustain their growth in the market.
AshBabu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2015, 11:22   #273
Distinguished - BHPian

Disappointed with Tata's advertisement for the Bolt. Its quite annoying and noisy rather than the usually brilliant advertisements that we have come to associate with Tata in the last few years.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2015, 11:40   #274
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
Tata engineers started with a clean slate while designing this car however they ended up with a car that is so reminiscent of the older sibling Indica.
+1. Especially as far as design goes. Look beyond the bonnet area and it screams Vista from every angle. Interiors are pleasant, al-right, but I would rather plonk on a Zest.
Old 25th January 2015, 15:57   #275
BHPian

I somehow do feel that TM priced the Bolt in an aim to convert it's probable customers to Zest!
Old 25th January 2015, 17:45   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
+1. Especially as far as design goes. Look beyond the bonnet area and it screams Vista from every angle. Interiors are pleasant, al-right, but I would rather plonk on a Zest.
Tata did not start with a clean slate for the Bolt - as far as I can see what Tata has really done is change the key bits that customers are most likely to notice and made them better. For ex: Front / Rear looks, Dashboard, Stalks. Any item that was finished in the Vista is essentially left untouched. For ex: compare the door pads or seats of the Vista and the Bolt - exact same thing with (better materials) no changes because there was nothing wrong in the first place
Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-tatabolt18.jpg

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-tatavista48.jpg

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-tatabolt01.jpg

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-tatavista16.jpg

It's really a finished product the Vista should/could have been from day 1.

Last edited by prashanthyr : 25th January 2015 at 17:54.
prashanthyr is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th January 2015, 15:07   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Disappointed with Tata's advertisement for the Bolt. Its quite annoying and noisy rather than the usually brilliant advertisements that we have come to associate with Tata in the last few years.
I saw the ad, could barely stand the "mma..mma..multidrive" thing and immediately looked up the forum for any comments on the same and then to my relief i saw this post.

Leaving apart the noise, i also fail to understand why is Tata so hell bent on pushing the Revotron thing so hard. Isn't their anything else about the car worth mentioning.

As far as the positioning is concerned, I think Bolt stands for fresh-young- energetic-dynamic, targeted at the likes of young professionals, working couples etc. who are willing to spend upwards of 5L for a hatchback and not for the junta who are driven by the mindset 'itne paise me to lambi car aa jayegi'. These are the people who have better disposable incomes and care to spend for features which are beyond bare-minimum.

This is a category of buyers who are aspirational, they care for general perception about the brand and product.

For the Bolt, i think what was needed was a campaign which establishes it as an all-new, feature rich, well-engineered product. Probably shown a model who looks successful, driving on urban roads, parking in front of his swanky office or his nice independent bungalow may be. Think i20-uber cool commercial for an example.

The current ad not only fails at making Bolt 'aspirational' or 'desirable' but also is irritating as hell

Off-course this irritation is partly due to the fact that I was expecting something much better from Tata for the Bolt.

Last edited by abhi29 : 26th January 2015 at 15:26. Reason: Added a sentence
Old 27th January 2015, 17:00   #278
BHPian

>>> Concerns over long-term reliability & durability. Previous Tata cars haven't fared well in this area

I didn't get this part. Tata cars have long been used as cabs and the kind of abuse they are subjected to seems to suggest that they are pretty much as robust as a swift dzire (say).

TD'ed the bolt the other day. The quality is not yet up to the mark that I would spend 7.5 lacs on road for it. Doors have a tinny feel while closing and the switches and plastics are still not like a grand i10 or a swift.
Old 27th January 2015, 22:03   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhadtarapore View Post
>>>
I didn't get this part. Tata cars have long been used as cabs and the kind of abuse they are subjected to seems to suggest that they are pretty much as robust as a swift dzire (say)..
As far as my experience goes , its much better than dzire.Had a swift that I used for four years and a dzire that my dad had used for some time. The interiors used to rattle a lot after 1 year of usage. Had a TATA Indica which was used as a second car for 8 years and the build quality was much better
compared to swift
praveen_n is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th January 2015, 20:07   #280
BHPian

Was at the dealership launch of Bolt from TATA Motors the day before yesterday.

Snippets from the launch :-
  1. The launch was done within a record 15 minutes !
  2. Two RTOs were invited as the guests of honour.
  3. The presentation was pretty much minimalistic to say the least. Lacked the depth either due to a time constraint or reasons unknown. Stressing on this point since all the personnel were well versed and enlightened with regard to the topic. Reminded me of the PP presentations that I once did in my schooling days
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-img_20150127_172010.jpg  

karzzexped is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2015, 21:52   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice tag lines for the siblings :

Good. Better. Zest
Get. Set. Bolt
condor is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th January 2015, 14:09   #282
Senior - BHPian

Took a TD of a bright Red Revotron XT.

The car is really peppy and in SPORT mode sprints ahead like no other Tata car I have driven. this car is definetly more peppy than the G-10. I havent driven a Swift in a very long time so unable to compare.

Steering was light for city use. I liked the grip it offered. All black interiors is to my liking.

The only dampener was the pricing. I think its off the mark by atleast 50,000 but anyway it will find its own set of buyers.

The dealer rep was also very dejected with the pricing and he said they received around 25 cancellations out of the 80 odd advance bookings they were holding purely due to pricing
narayan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th January 2015, 17:11   #283
Taffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
drmohitg. bang on observation. the problem is that the House of Tata has lost a bit of the vision that Ratan Tata had with the passenger car segment and that reflects in the advertising.
now they need sales so the ads are so much about the car and less about the emotion of buying the vehicle.

and the real culprit is the Nano advertising because that was going to be their game changer in terms of creating a new consumer mindset and in the process of trying to upgrade two-wheeler owners into four-wheeler owners they lost the sense of the Nano being a clever piece of engineering delight :-) now Tata just cannot catch ground on the engineering.

which is unfortunate, because if someone has driven the Zest will know , man it is really rad, ekdum chuma as they say :-)

Last edited by Taffy : 30th January 2015 at 17:39.

Old 30th January 2015, 19:55   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Nice tag lines for the siblings :

Good. Better. Zest
Get. Set. Bolt
All set to Rest for.. The Zest

Get..Set...Bold,,, The Bolt.

Go Bold... Its the Bolt..

How is this?

Last edited by rki2007 : 30th January 2015 at 19:57.
Old 30th January 2015, 20:34   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
drmohitg : Disappointed with Tata's advertisement for the Bolt.
+1. Tata's advertising in recent years hasnt been great. The old ad's were a class apart.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks