Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2018, 05:48   #436
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Lodgy : Official Review

Instead of giving discounts, Renault should better do a price revision.

The discounts will only re emphasise the fact that they were overpriced from the start
speedmiester is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2018, 07:22   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Instead of giving discounts, Renault should better do a price revision.

The discounts will only re emphasise the fact that they were overpriced from the start
Even if they do not revise the prices, at least start giving safety features as standard, and bring in a new/refreshed model early next year with the missing features to take on the new competition. A very capable car is not selling because the company decided that a people mover does not need so many important features in it's list of essential features in today's day and age.

Bring in a Petrol, Petrol Automatic and Diesel Automatic versions as well with the update and see the difference! Renault are you listening? They have all of these in other offerings from their brand mated to the same engines, so should not be a big issue. Duster has the Petrol and Petrol AMT combo and Diesel Automatic as well. It's the same platform, should not be a gargantuan task I suppose. And hoping against all odds for the Duster's AWD as well...
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2018, 09:35   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
..Duster has the Petrol and Petrol AMT combo and Diesel Automatic as well..
Duster has Petrol Automatic(CVT), Diesel AMT and AWD (manual) variants apart from the manual 2WD versions in both petrol and diesel.
vvrchandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 07:20   #439
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault Lodgy MPV to be discontinued before April 2020, as BS6 norms kick in.

Quote:
Renault India is steering clear of diesel power. The French automaker will not make its only diesel engine on offer in the Indian market – the 1.5 liter K9K turbocharged motor – Bharat Stage 6 (BS6) emission norms compliant.

After the Lodgy’s discontinuation, Renault India will be left with a single MPV option in its line up – the Triber.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 09:55   #440
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Renault Lodgy MPV to be discontinued before April 2020, as BS6 norms kick in.
It was inevitable. They are just timing it with BSVI roll out to make it look graceful. Its almost a "paperwork only" discontinuation given the dismal sales of the Lodgy. It was never going to be recoverable after the launch pricing fiasco.

On the other hand - very sad to see the final confirmation that the 1.5 K9K won't get upgraded. Especially since Renault does sell this engine in EuroV/VI countries I think. Wonderful old-school rugged engine.

I guess they calculated that with another 100k price hike, nobody is going to buy their cars with BSVI K9K. And the sale volumes won't justify the assembly line with diesel engine installation station.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 13:18   #441
BHPian

Hi,

I've been offered an used Lodgy from a trusted source (neighbour) for his 3 year old Lodgy 110PS RxZ model for 6 lacs. I have a couple of questions for the forum here to help me make my descision easier & faster:

1. Is this a good price for the car? I've done some comparisons for this in the used car portals and it seems to be.

2. With BS6 norms kicking in next year and Renault planning to shelve this model, will serving be a problem with Renault (spare availability, knowledgeable service centres etc.). I already have a Punto which faces the issue of A.*.*.

3. I haven't read many threads which capture ownership cost of Lodgy. I have read that the Lodgy has a 10k / 1 Year service interval period. Any comments onthis? The Punto that I own has very low ownershop cost and has a15k / 1 year service interval period - that's one of the reasons I love the car and would continue using it for as long as I can.

4. My usage for the Lodgy is 90% on the highway - I estimate an usage of 6k to 8k kms yearly on the Lodgy - should I look at the Triber petrol as an option instead?
Philistine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 14:35   #442
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats a super deal! Why are they hating their Lodgy so much!? Go for it I'd say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
1. Is this a good price for the car? I've done some comparisons for this in the used car portals and it seems to be.
It absolutely is if its a diesel. Its a robust solid car.
Quote:
2. With BS6 norms kicking in next year and Renault planning to shelve this model, will serving be a problem with Renault (spare availability, knowledgeable service centres etc.). I already have a Punto which faces the issue of A.*.*.
No - the engine is out on the streets in hundreds of thousands of cars. It won't have any service issues. Anyway - it lives without even coughing for a decade. You are getting a pretty new one.[/quote]
Quote:
4. My usage for the Lodgy is 90% on the highway - I estimate an usage of 6k to 8k kms yearly on the Lodgy - should I look at the Triber petrol as an option instead?
Have you traveled in a Lodgy? I have extensively. Do be sure that you & the passengers are fine with its ergonomics & cabin comfort / ingress-egress. Then buy it. Barring the crooked ergonomics - there is no comparison between Lodgy and Triber. The Lodgy is a far superior product in all aspects. And its very rugged and abuse friendly. Triber is an unknown - and its a petrol powered car. Triber = 5+2. Lodgy = all time 6 or 7.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 16:49   #443
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've been offered an used Lodgy from a trusted source (neighbour) for his 3 year old Lodgy 110PS RxZ model for 6 lacs.
Lodgy is a much superior car than the Triber. Highway drives will be much more enjoyable than in the Triber because the 110PS engine is great. 6 Lac is a decent price for a 3 year old vehicle but you need to ask the neighbor his reason for selling it. At that price you won't get a new car which offers so much space and comfort, nor will the seller get that price in the open market.

Renault Service will be a hit or a miss. Just check if the AC is cooling the car satisfactorily on a hot day (saying from my experience of owning two Dusters, could be better due to 23 row cooling in the Lodgy). Make sure that the vehicle is still in warranty and whether you can pay for extending it and transfer the warranty to your name. With your predicted usage and a warranty the vehicle will offer a fuss free ownership for the next 4 years (7 yrs or 1 lac km is the max Renault offers).

Try to get another 60-70 thousand off if the warranty is not transferable / not extendable. And save that amount in an FD to work as a warranty fund when needed.
Tgo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 17:31   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Thats a super deal! Why are they hating their Lodgy so much!? Go for it I'd say.
Thanks for your reply. I will definitely look at the specific points and take a decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Try to get another 60-70 thousand off if the warranty is not transferable / not extendable. And save that amount in an FD to work as a warranty fund when needed.
Thank you. Your points on the waranty are great and I will verify this detail.

To answer both the queries regarding why the owner is selling the vehicle in the first place - he has himself got a pre-owned BMW and has two other cars (one of them being the Lodgy). Due to space contraints and lack of usage he wants to sell the Lodgy while the other car is being used by his family.

Last edited by aah78 : 16th September 2019 at 19:51. Reason: Misplaced quote Tag. EDIT: Quotes trimmed. Please quote only relevant portions of posts. Thanks!
Philistine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 01:36   #445
BHPian

We are looking for a lodgy. I understand it’s long been discontinued. There is only one in the whole of Hyderabad which is 1 year old. The discount offered is a healthy 2.8 lakhs. The problem is the colour and the variant on offer. The dealer says it’s not possible to order from the factory. Difficult to believe that.

I understand that Company employees can avail huge discounts in current scenario, with Bs4 sales deadline and a discontinued product. Can anyone please provide information in this direction.
Old 27th April 2020, 14:52   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Wagle View Post

Hi Aditya

Today completed 45000 kms in my Lodgy 110 Rxz. [/b]
Hi Rajesh, how has been your mile cruncher? Mine 110 RxL has done about 110K+ kms and last major expenses were clutch and flywheel work at 90k kms. Next it might need some part changes in suspension of the car.
Old 1st November 2020, 12:02   #447
BHPian

I have been having an issue with my Lodgy for past 1 year. When driving in slow speed it would jerk. Renault service gave a quote of 1.2 lacs to replace some part. Was hesitant to do it then. After general service last November the problem solved itself.
Now again for the past 1 month the problem has resurfaced again. In fact I went to a mall and the car struggled to go up the ramp. It would just stop. I need to use full clutch and full accelerator to get me up. Last week I spent 70k to fix the problem. This was done from a trusted source outside Renault.

Unfortunately the problem has become worse now. Yesterday I went for a drive and the car would just stop. I need to use full clutch the whole time to keep my car from stopping.
Does anyone know what the problem is? The car has run 44,000 km.
Old 1st November 2020, 13:07   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehsank78 View Post
Unfortunately the problem has become worse now. Yesterday I went for a drive and the car would just stop. I need to use full clutch the whole time to keep my car from stopping.
Honestly, you may have to divulge what was replaced or serviced earlier. There are many things which may cause symptoms such as yours. A failing fuel injector/s or a clogged fuel filter or even a bad fuel pump. Your vehicle admittedly has very low mileage, but the list can go on.

Can you ask your mechanic what was their initial diagnosis & what was changed? Or post the repair estimate from the ASC?
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 16:36   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post
Honestly, you may have to divulge what was replaced or serviced earlier. There are many things which may cause symptoms such as yours. A failing fuel injector/s or a clogged fuel filter or even a bad fuel pump. Your vehicle admittedly has very low mileage, but the list can go on.

Can you ask your mechanic what was their initial diagnosis & what was changed? Or post the repair estimate from the ASC?
Need to check with the mechanic tomorrow. One of the things they changed was the clutch pad. I don't think that costs 1.2 lacs.
Old 1st November 2020, 18:25   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehsank78 View Post
Need to check with the mechanic tomorrow. One of the things they changed was the clutch pad. I don't think that costs 1.2 lacs.
As you have mentioned, the clutch alone will not cost 1.2L. There is something major which needs replacement.

Did your mechanic change the flywheel along with the whole clutch kit? That entire job with labour may well be 70,000.

Clearly, since the problem still exists, something else is still broken.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks