Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2018, 16:01   #421
BHPian

Re: Renault Lodgy : Official Review

I agree with you. Col Mehra was saying the same about the free Ambassador rides from the airport.
Old 7th May 2018, 12:21   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushar_b View Post
Hello all BHPians!!

In recent time - say around 6-8 months I am observing an issue specifically while slotting from 1st to 2nd gear. Gear lever simply refuses to get in to 2nd gear like someone is applying reverse pressure.

In such case i have to release clutch, again press it & slot in 2nd. It too happens with some effort. & after some time at next round gear will slot as if you are cutting butter with knife.

But this issue occurs very randomly. So couldn't replicate it in front of SA, when visited last time.

Did any Lodgian faced such issue? If yes what precaution i have to take in such case.
Came here to discuss exactly the same problem. I'd say that there is 99% match of the issue that I've been noticing for the last 3-4 months and plan to bring it up for my 3rd service.

When this happens, I do not try to apply force, but simply release clutch fully, and reapply clutch and the gear transitions perfectly and without issues. This is something I realized via trail and error, and quite quickly. Long-long time ago, I had the fortune of driving a Tata truck, at a relative's place.. and the procedure reminded me of how I learnt to change gears on that truck!

Eventually, did you find a satisfactory solution ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Test Drove the Lodgy 2 days back. The criteria is a Diesel MPV within 15L. Here are some observations:

1. This is the most spacious of all the monocoque MPVs I've driven (read: Ertiga and BRV). I'm 6'2" and fairly healthy (read:fat). It has excellent height, supportive seats and all round visibility. In both the BRV and Ertiga I felt a dearth of shoulder room, especially when seated next to a similarly endowed individual. No such problems in the Lodgy. The middle row seat has adequate legroom. Even the third row seat seemed a comfortable fit for my height. In the other 2 cars the offer of space seems to dwindle the moment one looks beyond the first row. Not so in the Lodgy.
Spot on. I'm 6' and well somewhat on the healthier ;-) side (similarly). My wife and son too have above average height. I test rode Lodgy (5 times) in a span of 1 week, including one where I test rode Lodgy after 30mins of test-riding the Ertiga (with it's then new micro-hybrid engine). Space including space behind 3rd row seat, legroom, headroom was the #1 thing that I liked. Ertiga, with 4 adults and 2 kids, was cramped... by my reading.

Quote:
2. While the overall looks can only be classified as ugly, certain design
Looks can be very subjective. Ertiga IMV looks decent only from few angles. Honda BRV in my eyes is likable only with trick photography of having shot in 4:3 format and presented stretched on 16:9 format. Finally, having been a Wagon-R owner... I think I'd anyday rate practicality over looks.

Quote:
3. I know the dashboard and switchgear is mostly borrowed from the Duster. But maybe due to the all around airy feel, or the color, it appears a more premium interior for the uninitiated.
Depends really on what one is comparing with. Toyotas are known to be very spartan in terms of dashboard looks, but things do seem to be of good quality... not the flimsy plastic kinds that Maruti has been famous for. Then again if you look at dashboards from M&M, where they put garish (in my eyes) looking chrome and fake wood panels in many models -- Renaults choice looks functional and decent. Now if we go comparing it with vehicles that cost thrice as much, it's a whole different thing.

Quote:
4. The TD vehicle was the 85bhp version. Brisk acceleration from start, and adequate power all throughout. It feels much more refined than the Maruti diesel and especially the Honda diesel. Much more driveable due to the easy spread of torque and good gearing. I've driven the 108bhp Duster before, so I know what to expect from the higher spec engine.

5. The driving experience is what really impresses. It drives completely like a car. Did a lot of moderately high speed turns, and the car didnt step out of line once. I reside close to the Noida expressway, so there's enough expressway and (empty) service roads at my disposal. Took the car to 110 on a service road and slammed on the brakes. The ABS kicked in, the car stopped smartly without a hint of getting unsettled. Then went on to a completely broken road, and the suspension handled the same in a matured manner without throwing me all over the cabin. All I could feel were distant thuds. Tried parallel parking, in the same slot where my Verna gets parked. Very good all round visibility meant I was able to do it without a hitch. Everything impressive, given the wheelbase and the shape of the vehicle.
Since I own the 85bhp version, which I purchased after extensively test-driving it and 110bhp version, I have to agree that for most parts the difference between 85bhp and 110bhp is almost unnoticeable in city roads. The place where 110bhp will excel are open highways and tricky mountain roads. However, I've taken my 85bhp Lodgy, fully loaded on some mountain roads, without issue -- although, I do admit, that for an inexperienced driver, the 110bhp might offer easier handling. I have also had a Logan (still have, wife drives it), 1.3L petrol version...which was a nightmare in mountains. We will never forget the point when the car stalled at the 3rd last hair-pin bend on the way back from Kannur, it was pouring heavily, and an oncoming truck (going downhill) forced me to apply breaks on the climb. The car simply refused to budge. I consider myself an expert in both handbrake and half-clutch usage (can use both very comfortably in fairly steep hill climbs), but with handbrake applied the car was skidding back, with a deep valley just 10feet away from where the car stalled. I've to admit that it scarred me enough to take a very careful look at Lodgy. While I didn't redo that route on Lodgy so far, but few with slightly lesser gradient and difficulty, fully loaded -- without issues.

As for maneuverability, I think Lodgy offers a very good compromise given the vehicle length. It is not excellent, and I've to disagree a bit that the rear view without the aid of a reversing camera is challenging, however -- formally for a tall person, without mobility (or stiff-neck) issues... it is not much of a problem.

Quote:
6. The build quality feels superior to the Ertiga and the BRV. In cabin insulation is also very good. A calming experience, especially when you're in the habit of doing 10 hour+ highway drives.
Again, need to disagree a bit on the first part. I don't have first hand ownership experience with Ertiga or BRV, but I feel that Lodgy's body and paint-job are it's weakpoints. Lodgy's body is made of -- IMHO, very thin sheet-metal, although there seem to be adequate safety precautions, structurally speaking. I've seen some light bumps between cars, leaving dents in Lodgy... especially the rear hatch. Also, the paint job, is IMV, unusually thin. Once a i10 bump into my Lodgy's rear at about 10kmphs near Sarjapura Rd/ORR junction, at 9:30AM peak, bumper2bumper traffic. At that time I didn't notice the largish dent (visible only from a certain angle), and the bumper where the paint had cracked.

Having said all that, I've driven Bangalore-Goa, with one short stop (between 10-12hrs based on season), thrice in the last 2 years. No sweat, no fatigue. The armrest is a blessing, although I seldom get to use it's cruise control. I doubt, Indian roads will ever afford real usage of cruise-control, other than some short burst of enjoying the novelty.

Last edited by Eddy : 7th May 2018 at 12:51. Reason: Merged
bdutta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2018, 15:32   #423
Senior - BHPian

Was just looking at the Renault Lodgy on their website and decided to download a copy of the latest brochure, and found that the World Edition models have exited, and the regular Lodgy has got Stepway as the flagship model. Also, Lodgy now gets something called a Easy Seating option for the 2nd row as a model year update. I have no clue when did they launch the MY2018 with Easy Seating.

Renault Lodgy : Official Review-renault-lodgy-easy-seating.jpg

Just waiting for Renault to correct the prices of Lodgy, like they did with the Duster, and maybe then it will come in my budget and be my next big car. Ertiga feels too puny in front of Lodgy and TUV300 Plus with 4 seats at the back is not something I want, and I am guessing the Marazzo will start from above where the Lodgy ends. So, I guess a decent 5+2/3 seater for my need will only be a Lodgy.

Wish they could bring in an Automatic variant for this as well.
AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2018, 16:55   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Also, Lodgy now gets something called a Easy Seating option for the 2nd row as a model year update. I have no clue when did they launch the MY2018 with Easy Seating.

Attachment 1786365

So, I guess a decent 5+2/3 seater for my need will only be a Lodgy.

Wish they could bring in an Automatic variant for this as well.
Aditya, good to know this seating is now in production. A friend of mine working for their seating company had indicated production sign off for this system.

Not sure whether lodgy front seat gets the regular seat height adjustment system.

With the right price, lodgy definitely is a value for money people mover.

Regards
Nikhil
nsbhagwat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 08:55   #425

Dear BHPians

I completed 43K on my lodgy 110 RXz with full satisfaction since july 2016. Now it's time to change the rubber on my wheels and looking for a good change. I have shortlisted few options:
1. Apollo Alnac 4gs as they were OE ones
2. Goodyear duraplus/Assurance
3. FALKEN sincera
4. BRIDGESTONE
5. FIRESTONE SUGGESTED BY ONE OF THE TYRE WALLA

Looking for comfort, Stability, Breaking and Life.
The OE Alnac served me to by my satisfaction.
Please guide me to select the better option.
Rajesh Wagle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 11:31   #426
Senior - BHPian

Just noticed that the variant wise pricing of Lodgy is lesser than Ertiga (Diesel) except for the top variants (RxL and RxZ) and 110PS 7/8 seater models. It is a lot bigger, yes it is less powerful in 75PS tune, but a proper 7/8 seater in comparison to Ertiga's 5+2 seating configuration. Why then does it not sell as much as the Ertiga? Is the Renault ASS so bad?

I was just looking at a video on YouTube where they did a Mileage Run on Lodgy RxL variant from Delhi to Mumbai and extracted 42KMPL for the trip.

So, mileage should not be the issue. It has humongous space inside, and the 3rd row seat is removable from the base variant itself to carry more luggage if required. Can someone enlighten me?

I am desperately waiting for a Petrol and Petrol Automatic variant of Lodgy as I am in the market for a 7/8 seater Petrol Automatic vehicle in the next 6-12 months. And I love the Lodgy, except for the fact that the Safety Feature loaded variants are only the RxZ variants (even though ABS with EBD and Brake Assist is standard, RxL only has a Driver Airbag, which I am not ready to settle with), and they are priced very steeply for my budget.

Price Comparison (in Dehradun):-

Lodgy STD 85PS (Rs.8,35,499) / Ertiga LDi (Rs.8,87,395)
Lodgy NA model / Ertiga LDi(O) (Rs.8,95,203)
Lodgy RxE 85PS [7/8 Seater] (Rs.9,34,999) / Ertiga VDi (Rs.9,66,732)
Lodgy RxL 85PS [Stepway 8 seater] (Rs.10,23,499) / Ertiga ZDi (Rs.9,91,878)
Lodgy RxZ 85PS [Stepway 8 seater] (Rs.11,00,099) / Ertiga ZDi+ (Rs.10,78,155)
Lodgy RxZ 110PS [Stepway 7/8 seater] (Rs.11,81,599) / Ertiga NA model
Old 19th August 2018, 12:55   #427
BANNED

Quote:
......Why then does it not sell as much as the Ertiga? Is the Renault ASS so bad?

I was just looking at a video on YouTube where they did a Mileage Run on Lodgy RxL variant from Delhi to Mumbai and extracted 42KMPL for the trip.
So, mileage should not be the issue. It has humongous space inside, and the 3rd row seat is removable from the base variant itself to carry more luggage if required. Can someone enlighten me?........
I'm not sure but my belief is that the Lodgy is FWD when the segment leader (Innova/Crysta) was & is RWD.

At that WB (2810mm & 2750mm) FWD is a cost-saving measure, since the others in that WB range (the Storme, Xylo, TUV300+ etc) all are body-on chassis & come with RWD.

The reason is simple - RWD (with body-on chassis construction) is more rugged, durable and abuse friendly in comparison to FWD at that WB range.

But - and this is a big but! - if a major consideration is FE, then one must go for the Lodgy. As for why the Ertiga sells more - you gave the answer yourself - MSL's ASS would put every other mfr in the country to shame!

Last edited by shashanka : 19th August 2018 at 13:00.
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 17:38   #428
Senior - BHPian

Suddenly after the launch of Mahindra Marazzo, the 2 lakh cheaper Renault Lodgy RxZ 110PS starts looking very VFM. I just hope that Renault takes one last effort to make Dual Airbags as standard in all variants, and also make the 110PS version as standard with Eco/Normal Mode Selection Button, Eco mode should reduce the output to 85PS, like in the current detuned version.

I believe that if Renault does these changes, Lodgy still has some steam left in itself to soldier on against the Marazzo and the due to be launched Ertiga till a new generation comes out or for a few more years till it ends it's life cycle.
AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 17:45   #429
BHPian

Still loving my 2.5 year old Renault Lodgy. Just completed 28,000 km. No problems yet.
Ehsank78 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 22:45   #430

Quote:
Suddenly after the launch of Mahindra Marazzo, the 2 lakh cheaper Renault Lodgy RxZ 110PS starts looking very VFM. I just hope that Renault takes one last effort to make Dual Airbags as standard in all variants, and also make the 110PS version as standard with Eco/Normal Mode Selection Button, Eco mode should reduce the output to 85PS, like in the current detuned version.

I believe that if Renault does these changes, Lodgy still has some steam left in itself to soldier on against the Marazzo and the due to be launched Ertiga till a new generation comes out or for a few more years till it ends it's life cycle.
Hi Aditya

Today completed 45000 kms in my Lodgy 110 Rxz. For all my last 4 services recieved extremely good service from Renault Baner Pune. The cost of service was cheaper than my previous Ertiga Zdi. Replaced my brake Pads near to the price of the Ertiga which was Rs. 4750 at 40k schedule. Lodgy's comfort,space, performance and stability is unmatchable compared to Ertiga. Really proud to own the European performer. It would be myth for the others for renault ASS. As it fails to prove in case of Kwid which moves with good numbers. Lodgy RXz is really a best VFM proposition for those who are looking for 7/8 Seater option. Mileage for me has been in the range of 14 to 17.5 Kms till date.

Note from Mod

Please keep an eye on your spelling and the use of capital letters.

Last edited by ajmat : 10th September 2018 at 16:42. Reason: see note
Rajesh Wagle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2018, 16:29   #431
Senior - BHPian

The Lodgy 110PS RxZ Stepway variants do not have the option of ECO Mode (85PS output), like in Marazzo (121PS in Normal and 100PS in Eco), right? How much would it cost for the company or an individual to get such Different Tuning installed, if one buys a Lodgy top model? I mean, can there be a switch to turn the Turbocharger On and Off and so alter the engine's outputs? Or is it more than just a switchable mechanism that does such changes?
Old 13th September 2018, 20:42   #432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How much would it cost for the company or an individual to get such Different Tuning installed, if one buys a Lodgy top model? I mean, can there be a switch to turn the Turbocharger On and Off and so alter the engine's outputs? Or is it more than just a switchable mechanism that does such changes?
In the Marazzo or Nexon, the change from normal to eco mode is done via engine management software. The lodgy/duster engines do not use electronics. The 85bhp comes with a Fixed Geometry turbo, while the 110bhp comes with a variable Geometry turbo. Hence the difference in output. And I don't think you can get variable tuning installed, unless you get an aftermarket engine remap with one of those switchable modes.
predatorwheelz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2018, 19:04   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
The lodgy/duster engines do not use electronics.
Lodgy/Duster has the K9K series 1.5dCi engine which is a common rail injection diesel engine. They do have an ECU, totally programmable.

Why they dont have a switch like Marazzo? Coz these are not specifically designed for India cars. They are sold under the Dacia brand name in Europe. If Renault provides the feature there, then they may bring the feature here too. As this feature is not provided in the overseas models, then they won't be adding this feature here.

Example: Auto climate control in Lodgy is not offered either here or in the European markets.
I was looking to add auto climate controls to my Lodgy, but the feature is not offered in any overseas market so I am stuck with manual a/c controls. I can take the control unit from a duster, but, its not a direct fit to the lodgy dashboard. Was not in favour of a jugaad, so didn't pursue it any further.
Old 29th November 2018, 22:57   #434
Senior - BHPian

Renault Lodgy now a lot cheaper than Maruti Ertiga & Mahindra Marazzo (source)

With the launch of the Mahindra Marazzo and the Maruti Ertiga, Renault’s own MPV, the Lodgy has taken a massive hit in terms of market demand. Sales were as it is low, with the company selling only 166 units in May 2018 a few months back. The bad news is that Renault sold only 52 units in September and October combined together and this in turn has made their marketing team come up with huge discounts as per the company’s official website.

Name:  ScreenShot20181129at8.46.55PM.png
Views: 2909
Size:  145.9 KB

Renault’s own website now claims the Lodgy can be had with a flat cash discount of Rs 1,50,000 on the base STD and one up RxE trim. This is almost a 20% discount on the ex-showroom price of the entry level Lodgy variant and makes this one of the most discounted car in India along with its own sibling, the Captur. At an effective ex-showroom price of Rs 7.12 lakh, the Renault Lodgy is more affordable than the base versions of all the compact SUVs, cheaper than the entry level models of the Tata Sumo and the Mahindra Bolero and most importantly, undercuts the new Maruti Ertiga and Mahindra Marazzo as well. Commercial operators are sure to pick up this Renault MPV in my opinion.

The base variant named STD offers you roof bars, chrome tail garnish, air-conditioning, slide & recline function for 2nd row seats, power steering and even ABS. The up one RxE is what has got us interested – this one offers more features than the base Maruti Ertiga LDI and yet you save a cool Rs 70,000 in terms of effective ex-showroom price. 2nd row captain seats, rear air-con vents, keyless entry and larger Diesel engine is what the Lodgy RxE offers over the Maruti rival, something that most owners want in their vehicles.

Name:  ScreenShot20181129at8.44.44PM.png
Views: 2874
Size:  19.8 KB

As compared to the Marazzo M2, the Lody RxE saves about Rs 1.75 lakh. We are sure not many know about this revised costing of the Renault MPV. If you want to look at the higher variants, the company is offering a discount of Rs 1 lakh plus free insurance thrown in. This means for private use, the top end variants do make a of value sense to the buyer now. Do note that the higher versions come with a more powerful 110PS version and this gives the Lodgy better performance for both city and highway usage. Unlike the Ertiga though, this one does not come with a petrol engine or an automatic transmission.
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 23:21   #435
Senior - BHPian

Wonder how long can Renault go on dishing out ₹1.5L discounts before they pull the plug out of the product. Have a feel that Renault is slowing sliding the FIAT way.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks