Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2015, 14:16   #616
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_sam View Post
Took a TD of Creta recently and I felt the top end diesel SX(O) is over priced by at-least 3 lakhs.
I also took a TD of Creta 1.6 CRDI recently, the high speed stability and braking seem very very ordinary for that price tag. IMO also, it is priced way high. But SCROSS 320 has raised the bar in this regard by pricing it more higher.
It looks like they are playing competition here, who can price the vehicle higher and loot the customers in the name of "PREMIUMNESS" "NEXA" "SERVICE-NETWORK" etc etc.

I somehow feel S Cross 200 makes more sense if one wants to go for creta 1.4 crdi. Going by the peppy nature of the "National Engine of India - 1.3 DDIS" with Disc Brakes all around, I feel torquey-joy-fun-sporty-factor while driving (like in Swift) will become its USP. Yet to take a TD but just my assumption.

Just my Opinion.
Old 5th August 2015, 14:17   #617
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bye Bye 1.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post

Now. What to do?
Should I buy a DDIS 200 @ 13L OTR?
or Go for the Creta 1.4 sx+ (14.6L OTR)
or Look at the Duster RXZ with 50 k discount (14L OTR)
I would say go for the Duster, definitely more VFM than the S-Cross and Creta.
So, after Honda's Jazz and Hyundai's Creta it's now Maruti/Nexa's S-Cross overpricing announcement, a hat-trick of sorts in 2015

As others have said, I feel someone having a Swift/Dzire will think twice before getting an S-Cross DDiS 200, doesn't feel like an upgrade!

Last edited by NPV : 5th August 2015 at 14:21.
NPV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 14:18   #618
BHPian

Customers: Why can't MSIL bring 1.6 DDiS?
MSIL: <Silence><Silence>
S-Cross DDiS320 is launched.
Customers: Wow we finally have a 1.6.
MSIL: See we brought it to you
Customers: Who will buy with such insane pricing?
MSIL: You asked for it. We got it. Not my fault if you dont buy

On a serious note, I would like to believe MSIL had set targets on garnering volumes for DDiS200 only right from the beginning.
OwnersPride is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 14:19   #619
BHPian

I think we are over reacting. Maruti has shown that they themselves are least interested in selling the DDiS 320 versions of S-Cross. They are more than happy to sell the Bread & Butter DDiS 200 and I think it's very decently priced. Please do remember that the Ciaz is priced at 10.20L odd Rupees for the ZDI+ variant. Now add Cruise Control, Auto Wipers, Auto Headlamps, Soft Touch Interiors etc etc and you are only paying a premium of 50K over the Ciaz. The only thing missing is the Rear AC Vent compared to the Ciaz. I think it's a pretty good deal and if I had not rejected the S-Cross due to it's shape (too similar to Ertiga) it would have been on top of my shortlist along with Creta and Ciaz.

There is definitely something wrong with the DDiS 320 pricing, it can't be that high. A 3 Lac premium for a 300cc increase is just absurd. That equates to a cool 1K for 1 cc and I hope Maruti never ever launches the Fiat Multijet 1.9L Engine.
Turbo_Charger is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 14:22   #620
BHPian

Re: Bye Bye 1.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post

Now. What to do?
Should I buy a DDIS 200 @ 13L OTR?
or Go for the Creta 1.4 sx+ (14.6L OTR)
or Look at the Duster RXZ with 50 k discount (14L OTR)
Go for the DDIS 200 only if you can live with the 1.3L multijet. I believe you should go for the creta instead as it would be a safer bet with a more refined and powerful engine. The DDIS 200 might have more features but the features cannot make up for the driving comfort.

Frankly, what you would loose if you go for the creta is

- a proper MID
- all wheel discs
- horrible alloys of the S cross
- cruise control
- Auto wiper and Auto headlights
- auto dimming IRVM ( can be done from out)
- leather seats ( can be done from out)

And that's about it baring 2-3 things here and there.
With the Creta the only sore point would be the handling which may or may not be a deal breaker depending on your taste.

Frankly, wouldn't suggest the duster as the interiors are dated and the car is due for a facelift which would hit the resale value further.

EDIT: so sorry misread your post you said the 1.4 creta well in that case i would suggest the S cross instead. The 1.4 creta sx+ has lesser features and overpriced don't go for the creta 1.4. Go for the creta only if you plan the 1.6 else last resort go for the duster.

Last edited by rockporiom : 5th August 2015 at 14:31.
Old 5th August 2015, 14:23   #621
Senior - BHPian

Who still has a problem with S-Cross's alloy wheel design?

Seriously, Maruti Suzuki is only making the Creta customers hold onto their bookings, or go deposit them again or look at the Duster.

Fat chance now Duster will reduce prices or dole out incredible discounts. Whole segment of pseudo-SUVs got screwd?
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 14:23   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Ok, let's cool down for a bit..

- How many of us are disappointed with the DDiS200 pricing ?

And that is the variant that will bring the volumes to MUL. S-Cross will be a reasonable success - much like the Ciaz.

DDiS320 is dead-on-arrival, though.
Yes disappointed. As I mentioned earlier DDIS Alpha cud have been 9.99 ExSR to be a good price.

MS is selling a crossover with SUV premium.

Its clear DDIS320 is a paper tiger only. Wont see it on the roads.
Old 5th August 2015, 14:26   #623
BHPian

Launch events are the one when Auto Journalists get public opportunity to have Q&A session. I was surprised that only 4 questions were asked. Probably, all journalists were speechless after price announcements

[Q] - In India, 90% of assets are owned by 10% of population. Why not a car for those 10% wealthy Indians? Like competing with Ferrari, Mercedes & BMW.
[A] - There wasn't a direct answer provided. Executives started explaining Maruti journey in India with example of 800. How 800 put India on wheels.

[Q] - Why is it being launched only in diesel? When competent & ideal fit like K14 is available in petrol? Why No Automatic version?
[A] - Crossovers are a new segment. As per research, buyer in this segment will be looking at higher power & performance ratings. Diesels are suitable to deliver required power & performance. Petrol penetration is not that much in targeted segment.

[Q] - How many more premium cars are expected in coming times? how important NEXA is to Maruti in coming future?
[A] - Maruti is evolving with market. There are models in pipeline. Our R&D & Design teams are working in full capacity.

[Q] - In last couple of years, SUV segment is fastest growing in world & India. Why Maruti took so long in this segment?
[A] - Maruti is evolving with market. As per market demand we are entering in the segment. Still its never too late.

More or less, Not a good set of questions & equally boring-professional answers to the same.

P.S: Script of questions & answers may not be the exact replica of real conversation.

Last edited by zalaps : 5th August 2015 at 14:29. Reason: Script of questions & answers may not be the exact replica of real conversation.
zalaps is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 14:26   #624
Distinguished - BHPian

Do people find autowipers and autoheadlamps to be deal breakers?

Cruise control and all wheel discs should be the deal breakers when it comes to scross 200 and creta 1.4

There is no difference in performance between ddis200 and crdi1.4. Infact ddis200 feels more fun than the 1.4 crdi.

After scross pricing, I can't imagine how steep XA alpha would be priced.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 5th August 2015 at 14:29.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 14:27   #625
BHPian

The price differences are so skewed that it almost seems like they are not interested in selling DDiS320. But the market dynamics may act differently than what our emotions tell.

At this price it may be worth waiting for Jeep, if one is not in too much of a hurry.

On the other hand, most premium cars from this company have been sold at heavy discounts post first year of launch. I see all the reasons for that to happen again.
Old 5th August 2015, 14:30   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
It's definitely a goodbye to the DDiS320 ! I don't think anyone's gonna be paying a 3 lakh differential for merely an engine !
I do not think we are the only ones in shock
The relationship manager in the Nexa showrooms also must be now wondering how to convince customers.
Indeed i think my relationship manager must be in real shock. I had promised him a booking within half an hour of price announcement, if priced correctly and he has been following up on a daily basis.
Today almost two hours since the price announcement, he has not called. Poor chap must be shell shocked as he was 100% convinced that 320 Zeta, which I was interested will be less than 12 Lakhs ex showroom.
Now i wonder what about people who invested in Nexa and those who joined this initiative.
nkghai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 14:32   #627
BHPian

Same story with all the recent launches. First the Jazz, then Creta and now S cross. Market seems to have matured to Jazz and Creta pricing.

But I don't see that happening for S cross so soon. I would buy the Creta any day, eyes closed over the S cross.
Only trump card that Maruti had was pricing. Guess it was a Joker.

I am kind of depressed as this is where the Indian future motoring is headed.
Crazy_Bean is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 14:34   #628
BHPian

IMHO, it is overpriced for a blown up Alto.

I hope NEXA dealers have huge pockets, coz this car is going to hurt their business!
Old 5th August 2015, 14:36   #629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Who still has a problem with S-Cross's alloy wheel design?
Yes, this pricing seems to be strategy to shift focus from alloy wheel design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Seriously, Maruti Suzuki is only making the Creta customers hold onto their bookings, or go deposit them again or look at the Duster.

Fat chance now Duster will reduce prices or dole out incredible discounts. Whole segment of pseudo-SUVs got screwd?
At least Maruti was able to put smiles back on Creta owners and prospective owners. In fact, they will have a for coming few days.

People at Renault must be relaxed now, their nightmare is not coming true.
sourabhzen is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 14:37   #630
BHPian

Cuckoo prices on a car that does not have distinctive looks. Duster can now 'increase prices on account of rising input costs!' Make that Duster, Scorpio and XUV!

Last edited by Ferruccio : 5th August 2015 at 14:39.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks