Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Fog Lamps
12V
55W
H11 Type
Owners manual says it's H8 type and 35W for fog lamps.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 16:32   #6422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVille07 View Post
Please let me know the Head Light Bulb Category of S-Cross Zeta. I visited an accessory shop to get Philips Extreme Vision Plus 60/55 H4 and person at the store asked me to check the category type, as per him it's not H4. Please help me to get the specification.
The H7 is a single filament bulb that will operate only one headlight beam(Low or High), whereas the H4 is a twin filament bulb that works both the low and high beams in one.

Hope this helps.
CarguyNish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 17:52   #6423
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVille07 View Post
Please let me know the Head Light Bulb Category of S-Cross Zeta.
It is same as what kpzen has mentioned H4 P43t (60/55W).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Fog Lamps
12V
55W
H11 Type
Fog lamps are 35W and H8.

I haven't seen any car from Maruti having an H11 55W combination.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 17:58   #6424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Fog lamps are 35W and H8.

I haven't seen any car from Maruti having an H11 55W combination.

Thanks, my Mistake.
I posted the specs for European S-cross.
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 12:14   #6425
BHPian

So, I am about to complete a year with my S-Cross now. Wanted to know if the RMs still remain in contact after sales and help with managing the service appointments or so? I bought it from Nexa, Baner Road, Pune and my RM left the job in another 1.5 months after that. Since then I received SMS with new RM info but noone reached out to me afterwards for anything. I was told that RM will be available post-delivery as well (NEXA experience?) Am I missing out on anything due to no RM connect?
Old 30th December 2016, 12:18   #6426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagara999 View Post
So, I am about to complete a year with my S-Cross now. Wanted to know if the RMs still remain in contact after sales and help with managing the service appointments or so? I bought it from Nexa, Baner Road, Pune and my RM left the job in another 1.5 months after that. Since then I received SMS with new RM info but noone reached out to me afterwards for anything. I was told that RM will be available post-delivery as well (NEXA experience?) Am I missing out on anything due to no RM connect?
Ditto, no communication from the newly assigned RM since the previous guy left the job. The only contact with the new guy is through Facebook. And yes I too bought my car from Nexa Baner.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 30th December 2016 at 12:21.
Old 30th December 2016, 13:10   #6427
BHPian

Quote:
So, I am about to complete a year with my S-Cross now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Ditto, no communication from the newly assigned RM since the previous guy left the job. The only contact with the new guy is through Facebook. And yes I too bought my car from Nexa Baner.
@sagara999 and @rakesh_r: Since you have completed an year or so in SCross, I think you can answer the question I have regarding S-Cross's city drive-ability. I am considering S-Cross 1.6 and have driven my relative's 1.6 for about 100 kms (mostly highway and some in city). While I am sold on it's highway capability, I also found that it's clutch is on a harder side (considering my Punto 1.3 MJD's light clutch).

What's your view on
1) Clutch - have you driven it in Pune's traffic - particularly bumber to bumber one where you have to use clutch a lot?
2) Overall city drive-ability - how do you find it driving in the city such as narrow roads of Pune city?

Thanks in advance
Old 30th December 2016, 13:31   #6428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
What's your view on
1) Clutch - have you driven it in Pune's traffic - particularly bumber to bumber one where you have to use clutch a lot?
2) Overall city drive-ability - how do you find it driving in the city such as narrow roads of Pune city?

Thanks in advance
Hi there-
1- Regarding the clutch, I find it quiet easy to operate but, quiet a few of the bhpians have reported the clutch being a bit on the harder side. I can easily operate the clutch even If i wear one of those thick soled woodland trekking shoes.
2-For narrow roads you are better of with a small car simply because the cross is a bit wider and you keep having those heart in your mouth moments when you see Two wheelers and rickshaws "squeezing" past you.

Highway is where the car truly shines.
rakesh_r is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 23:23   #6429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
On asking about the heads up display which was present in the brochure but not in the price-list, she this time insisted that a heads-up display is a GPS navigator and I don't need it.
Inquired about the same HUD. It is a Garmin unit costing around 14k. Not worth it. You can get a better deal with aftermarket ones sold through Gearbest

Quote:
I am attaching the Excel sheet - perhaps some owner can recommend the rest of the accessories which might be useful. Appreciate your help. Thanks.
I can see an Annual Maintenance Contract line item in the attached spreadsheet. Did not come across this option in Bangalore. Is this something different from the warranty? What all does it cover?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
For the last couple of months, I have a strange pain in my left leg. I had also felt it during the initial driving period of S-Cross. Somehow the clutch setting does not suit me (long travel), is what I feel.
Is this while driving the S-Cross 1.6 or 1.3?

Last edited by aryasanyal : 30th December 2016 at 23:25.
Old 31st December 2016, 00:12   #6430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryasanyal View Post
Inquired about the same HUD. It is a Garmin unit costing around 14k. Not worth it. You can get a better deal with aftermarket ones sold through Gearbest

I can see an Annual Maintenance Contract line item in the attached spreadsheet. Did not come across this option in Bangalore. Is this something different from the warranty? What all does it cover?
Thanks. Will look at the link.

I haven't checked about the AMC - didn't really pay much attention to it - will call up S.A. and update on this forum.
Old 31st December 2016, 07:58   #6431
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Went a completed the initial inspection. See attached pics...
..The car was waiting in the solitary delivery bay and some of the other SAs really wanted me to hurry up but I honestly couldn't care less and took my own sweet time. I did check with my SA if someone's delivery was pending and if so, they could park the car outside - I didn't want to hold anyone up. He said "no", so I did complete the inspection.

I told him I am traveling now, so will pick up the car in mid-Jan - he can complete all the formalities by then.
Congrats on the new ride. These alloys look really good.

Since you are picking her up in mid-Jan, I hope you have asked them to move the car back to their stock yard or atleast keep her somewhere away from their showroom floors.
Old 31st December 2016, 08:54   #6432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Congrats on the new ride. These alloys look really good.

Since you are picking her up in mid-Jan, I hope you have asked them to move the car back to their stock yard or atleast keep her somewhere away from their showroom floors.
The stockyard is outside of Bombay in Naigaon or some such. Since I intend to change the tyres, I have told them not to drive the car again. They have rented some parking space in the vicinity in one of the Lodha buildings in Lower Parel, so that's where it will be kept till it is brought back to the showroom - drive should be less than 2km each way.

Yes, the alloys look sweet. I was hoping for Isofix which I checked out in the new Balenos but no such luck for the S-Cross.
Old 31st December 2016, 09:30   #6433
BHPian

Quote:
So, I am about to complete a year with my S-Cross now. Wanted to know if the RMs still remain in contact after sales and help with managing the service appointments or so?
Not really, in my case. Last I spoke to my RM was a couple of days after delivery (in Feb 16) , to collect my accessories bill. After that there has been no communication.

For service, I go to my regular MASS and service advisor. No major differentiator there too, it is just like giving my Wagon R for service.

Last edited by prasanna_indaje : 31st December 2016 at 09:32.
Old 31st December 2016, 09:50   #6434
BHPian

Yesterday Nexa lower parel (Sai Service) arranged Special Dangal Movie screening for Scross and Baleno owners. Each owner given two tickets of Dangal Movie along with Popcorn and pepsi combo for 6.45 Show in evening at PVR High Street Pheonix Lower Parel.
My RM is always available to me on facebook or on call. I usually call him to clear all the little doubts and he is always ready to help with Enthusiasm .
Fully agreed Scross have long clutch travel in 1.3 but in case of 1.6 its combined with Sightly harder clutch which makes hectic driving experience in bumper to bumper traffic.but to be honest this is can be solved by just strengthening (Exercising) your calf muscles.i have noticed i find it easy to control the car when i drive with Those Big soled woodland sandals when you drive it with thin soled footwears it just gives hectic driving experience in traffic.

Is it just me who finds the driving Seat of Scross lacks Under Thigh support? Totally agreed it gives pain in right knee If you drive it for more than hour or so. I have noticed the A pedal in Scross is placed at Sightly awkward angle which forces you to drive with your right knee bended a little bit. The simple solution i have found it to rest your right knee on door and accelerate.
My height for reference is 6.1

Last edited by sahiltodankar : 31st December 2016 at 09:55.
Old 31st December 2016, 12:32   #6435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
After an exhaustive and agonizing inspection I had to refuse delivery, send the car to the body shop for replacement of the rear bumper (again) and re-painting of rear boot (again). Due to sheer negligence, lack of professionalism, mismanagement, ignorance and lack of commitment to their respective duties on the part of Maruti Sales & Service Naraina, I am having to face unrecoverable loss at both personal and work front.
There has been no response from NEXA or Maruti support since the 27th. The whole 'NEXA experience' and the 'a new destination' marketing gimmicks with expensive showrooms & well dressed salesmen has gone in the gutter from my perspective.
The quality of service I used to get with this same MASS when I used to have my Ritz was far better than what it has been with the S-Cross. Within 15 months of ownership I have had 4-5 previous incidences where I have had to involve NEXA customer support for even the minutest of niggles but still the state of affairs hasn't improved.

Here is what I was presented with when I arrived at the MASS for delivery yesterday:

1. The body coloured bumper that had a deformity was to be replaced. Instead, it was 'repaired' & repainted. The sight of it was infuriating, the GM was called for on the scene immediately.

2. The black bumper had been scuffed on the left side (possibly scraped by another car in the workshop). Will be replaced.

3. The reverse camera had a million scratches. The workmen apparently used the wrong sandpaper to clean paint/clear spray. Will be replaced.

4. The flash guard (lowest silver cladding of the bumper) was defective. The body shop people refused to believe that there was a defect. After a lot of argument & a quick comparison with another S-Cross it was noted. Will be replaced.

The GM was present during this inspection and I made sure he noted all of the above points. I ended up almost shouting and shaming the whole bunch of 7 people present there. The GM was apologetic and assured that the car would be ready within 24 hours. The sad part was that none of the body shop workmen were apologetic, neither of them was ashamed of their work and none had the slightest of courtesy to not smile & giggle while their GM was being apologetic.

24 hours later, I called up at 11 today. I have been informed that the camera is not in stock, the flash guard is not in stock, the replaced body coloured & black bumpers are ready but not installed yet (awaiting flash guard).

The GM says the parts have been back ordered and expectedly will arrive by 3pm. He sounded unsure and the body shop manager later told that the GM is on leave for the NYE. The agonizing wait for my S-Cross continues even on the 11th day of submission of vehicle. :(
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20161230_132848.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20161230_132900.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20161230_133016.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20161230_133336.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20161230_133351.jpg  

Last edited by Vid6639 : 31st December 2016 at 19:01. Reason: trimming quoted post for easy readability

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks