Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2017, 07:23   #7921
BHPian

Face lift is around the corner and 1.6 might not be discontinued

I had gone to SAI Nexa KOCHI to get my car evaluated and for fixing some rattles. I enquired about 1.6 availability. The Nexa guys had some high level meeting where it was announced that there will be a facelift sometime this year in October. The dealer was pretty sure that 1.6 engine will continue in the facelift as well. There were also talks about Grand Vitara to be introduced sometime next year in late 2018, to compete with the Jeep Compass.
sandygordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 11:18   #7922
BHPian

Re: Face lift is around the corner and 1.6 might not be discontinued

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
This arrived today:

Finding it pretty ok so far. Not much, just felt like buying it, so bought it.

That looks like a useful little accessory. Where did you get it from?
Old 11th August 2017, 12:16   #7923
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

S-Cross 1.6 : Front drive shaft boot crack

Thanks to my friend Tapan for sharing this.
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170811wa0007.jpg

Maruti service centre told him that the part is damaged and there is no warranty for rubber parts. Also, full boot set has to be changed and it costs around 4915 Rs. The rubber boot is not available separately and Maruti is not honouring warranty. Boot set is SGP part and availability is very low. He has still not received the part. It's been more than a week now.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 14:42   #7924
BHPian

Maruti Suzuki S-Cross facelift launch expected in Sept 2017.
http://www.financialexpress.com/auto...r-2017/803396/
Old 11th August 2017, 17:41   #7925
Senior - BHPian

The drivers high channel released this video today for the 2017/18 sx4 scross facelift interior and exterior walkaround -

What i think -

1. Not a top end model, but a middle variant.
2. Dual zone climate control A/C for driver and passenger.
3. ACC information , i think is integrated to information cluster. (You can see AUTO written there)
4. Nice floor mats!
5. Rear middle passenger seat belt integration is just fabulous.
govigov is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 19:20   #7926
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
That is really surprising! Recall seeing this issue only on the M800 before and that was quite common. And not tending to it on time will make the driveshaft give up with an auto u-turn alarm going off.

Seeing this on the flagship vehicle is not funny. Nexa should ideally change it under warranty. It can't be due to wear, maybe a batch is faulty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
5. Rear middle passenger seat belt integration is just fabulous.
The Crysta has it. And it's great to use. And looks tidy when not in use compared to the lap belt.

Will be great if MSIL gets it here along with the facelift. Can attach a child seat to the middle seat then, which will make it very practical.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 19:40   #7927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks to my friend Tapan for sharing this.
Attachment 1665772

Maruti service centre told him that the part is damaged and there is no warranty for rubber parts. Also, full boot set has to be changed and it costs around 4915 Rs. The rubber boot is not available separately and Maruti is not honouring warranty. Boot set is SGP part and availability is very low. He has still not received the part. It's been more than a week now.
Is it a Suzuki part of Fiat part? Whichever make it is, this is not expected in a new boot. This looks like the inner boot which sits close to the gearbox and relatively protected compared to the one at the wheel side. The CV joint boots are robust and usually only fail due to age or external damage.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 19:43   #7928
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Is it a Suzuki part of Fiat part? Whichever make it is, this is not expected in a new boot.
I had been to MGP store today and just checked the part number with them. As per their system it's SGP. I am not sure if it's Suzuki or Fiat part. The gearbox used in S-Cross 1.6 is fully imported : M32.

EDIT :

Maruti had changed the entire clutch assembly few weeks back. Is there any chance they damaged this boot in the process?

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 11th August 2017 at 19:54.
Old 11th August 2017, 20:09   #7929
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had been to MGP store today and just checked the part number with them. As per their system it's SGP. I am not sure if it's Suzuki or Fiat part. The gearbox used in S-Cross 1.6 is fully imported : M32.

EDIT :

Maruti had changed the entire clutch assembly few weeks back. Is there any chance they damaged this boot in the process?
Quite possible if its handled shabbily, since the shaft needs to come off for taking down the gearbox. I remember reading here about a CV boot tear in a Fortuner after the owner had the suspension work done on his, it was coused by poor workmanship.
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2017, 01:32   #7930
BHPian

An unfortunate incident happened a couple of weeks ago. My father was driving late at night on one of the unlit state highways of Haryana. Due to the combined effort of high beam usage of oncoming trucks and the negligence of the road maintenance authorities, he heard a loud thud and the car almost got tilted to one of it's sides. The lane in which he was driving had been dug for some repairs and the thud was caused due to the car hitting the debris of the dug up land. Had the debris not been there, the car would have dropped down in the ditch ahead which was about 10 feet deep. Thankfully the speed was around 80kmph and the damage done was only on the exterior of the car. He somehow brought the car home and went to the service center the next day. Since this is our only car, we needed it to be repaired as soon as possible. So, he pulled a some strings with the higher authorities of the service center and with the benefit of being a small city, the car got repaired in 2 days. The text message we received from the service center gave an estimate of about 20-25 days , but thankfully the car had to be left there for only a couple of days and was fully repaired. The quick service provided restored my father's trust in the company and Maruti once again proved why it takes so much pride in it's A.S.S. The front bumper along with left headlight as well as some other parts had to be replaced and completing the repairs within a full working day deserves some serious credit, especially considering the fact that it is one of the busier service centers in the area. The bill of repairs came out to be a little more than 54000 bucks. All of it was covered in the insurance and we had to pay a little more than 2500 bucks which included some oil and maintenance costs. All in all it was saddening news for me personally but on the flip side, it could have been much worse.
The damage done
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170807wa0010.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170807wa0013.jpg

The culprit of it all. Notice the skid marks still present on the road.
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20170731_084639.jpg

The copy of the bill. Kindly ignore the bad quality of pictures.
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20170730_202821.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20170730_202759.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20170730_202742.jpg
eddy481 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th August 2017, 07:21   #7931
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Maruti service centre told him that the part is damaged and there is no warranty for rubber parts. Also, full boot set has to be changed and it costs around 4915 Rs. The rubber boot is not available separately and Maruti is not honouring warranty. Boot set is SGP part and availability is very low. It's been more than a week now.
A rubber part which probably costs Maruti a couple of hundred bucks ends up costing the owner about 5K plus labour. So much for reliability, affordability and availability. Feel sorry for you, friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy481 View Post
An unfortunate incident happened a couple of weeks ago.
A dad and ugly incident indeed. Could have gone worse. Thankfully, your father was safe. Also, I guess the lesser damage is because the S-Cross is one of the few Marutis with better build. Shudder to think what the consequences would have been if it was any of the other tin cans.

My father was once hit by a truck coming the wrong way on a 4-lane highway without lights on a blind curve. He was driving my cousin's Vista Refresh (the last of the Orangies) and instinctively swerved to avoid the truck. However, the truck didn't slow down and barrelled into him. He mentioned he could see the tyres of the truck right next to him as he was hit sideways. For a few moments, he thought he was a goner after being dragged a fair distance. He was lucky. The Vista repairs cost about 50-60k (can't remember), the front and back right doors, the fenders had to be replaced, but the shell wasn't damaged. My cousin had the car for another year or two and moved to the Honda City.

Last edited by discoverwild : 12th August 2017 at 07:37.
Old 13th August 2017, 18:22   #7932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy481 View Post
An unfortunate incident happened a couple of weeks ago. My father was driving late at night on one of the unlit state highways of Haryana. Due to the combined effort of high beam usage of oncoming trucks and the negligence of the road maintenance authorities, he heard a loud thud and the car almost got tilted to one of it's sides.
Sorry to hear about the incident. It always hurts when an accident occurs because of the bad roads rather than rash driving. A similar incident happened to me with my Scala recently. But, where I stay, there is a lot of flash floods, so can't blame the authorities either.
Thankfully, your dad was not bruised or hurt.
One thing I have noticed with my S-cross as well is that the visibility becomes really less in the face of oncoming traffic with the oem lights. I drive in mostly unlit highways and a lot of times I had to slow down my speed considerably due to oncoming traffic with high beam. Now, I am thinking of changing the oem lights to aftermarket ones.
Old 15th August 2017, 10:03   #7933
BHPian

I am considering buying a S-Cross so visited a Nexa showroom in Mumbai yesterday. There is a 20k customer discount and an additional 20k bonus discount for exchange. Did not bargain yet so these were direct offers on the table.

Few quick points:
* No 1.6 Alpha model available. It is discontinued and all stock sold out
* Zeta stock readily available in limited colors - Granite Grey, Pearl Arctic White and Premium Silver
* For Urban Blue and Caffeine Brown will have to place new order
* 1.3 Alpha not readily available

Overall experience:
* Attended immediately and everyone was very courteous
* I noticed that existing customers who walked into the showroom were recognized by both the customers and RMs. Both greeted with a happy smile
* Sales person was knowledgeable and explained feature and price difference between all variants
* Asked me to call him a day prior so that a test car could be sent to my place
* Spoke about costings for upgrading Delta or Zeta with goodies like leather seats and touchscreen ICE after purchase
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-nexa.jpg  

damager21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 07:19   #7934
BHPian

Maruti S-Cross - Thermostat switch issue - Replaced under warranty

Had a longish drive on Sunday. On the way back found that the ACC was not working. It was as if AC was not switching on. Then I found that the turbo was not working and the car was not pulling post 2k RPM. It was then, I noted the temperature gauge. The needle was all the way till H. This was the first engine issue I had faced on the S Cross

Took the car to nexa service station. They detected the issue in 5 minutes. Had to leave the car with the service team as it was a Sunday. Got it back the next day after they replaced the "Thermostat switch". It was replaced under warranty (in 2 years of purchase). Total bill:Rs 0. Else the bill would have come close to 1.4K plus labour.

Last edited by sandygordon : 16th August 2017 at 07:22.
sandygordon is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 11:31   #7935
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross - Thermostat switch issue - Replaced under warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
It was as if AC was not switching on.
A very crucial link here - Air Conditioning and Engine Overheating.

So at any given point in time, when you realize that there is no cooling at all, the very first thing to check is the Engine Temperature needle (if equipped) and shut the engine off if you notice this is above the typical halfway mark.

When the engine overheats, the AC (Load) is the first to get turned off by the ECU/ECM.

Quote:
Total bill:Rs 0. Else the bill would have come close to 1.4K plus labour.
Would have been catastrophic if there were further delays as It may have also caused serious Engine damage due to non-circulation of coolant because of a bad thermostat.

You were very lucky.

Last edited by Eddy : 16th August 2017 at 11:44. Reason: fixed quote
paragsachania is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks