Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2015, 14:06   #391
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Here is a short video of drag race between Ford Figo Aspire TDCI and Honda Amaze i-DTEC. Figo Aspire beats Amaze hands down.

RM Motorsports is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 16:01   #392
BHPian

Update to members booking Ford Figo Aspire

As of today offer in Bangalore includes:
  • Free Comprehensive Insurance.
  • Free 3rd Year Warranty
Note: News is confirmed as I booked today with Bangalore Ford Dealer Diesel T+.
aeroamit is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 16:28   #393
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Update to members booking Ford Figo Aspire

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroamit View Post
  • Free 3rd Year Warranty
Thanks for this update. Essentially, I lost 25K in 2 months due to no deals when I bought the Aspire

Price you pay for being an early worm
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 17:06   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirnam View Post
How correct is this ETIS data? I put in my car's VIN and got a long list of features but some of them doesn't seem to match. It says 'less Sync', 'less radio' etc which is not true for a Titanium+ version.
ETIS is normally correct. Earlier when I had a Ford Mondeo here in the UK, ETIS was bang on. I believe this to be an discrepancy.
Old 5th November 2015, 18:33   #395
BHPian

Re: Update to members booking Ford Figo Aspire

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroamit View Post
  • Free 3rd Year Warranty
Noticed this ad in a leading Bengali newspaper in Kolkata just now after I returned from work(Sorry for the bad quality picture from my mobile)-

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20151105_172318.jpg

Thereafter spoke to my SA in Ganges Ford regarding this matter and he confirmed that the free comprehensive insurance + 3 year EW with RSA is applicable to all Aspires booked between 1.11.2015 to 30.11.2015.

My SA said that as my booking was done after Nov.1st,I am eligible for the offer,which stands at a total discount of Rs. 39,244(Comprehensive insurance Rs 32,292 + EW Rs. 6,952) for the Diesel Titanium+ as per their pricelist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thanks for this update. Essentially, I lost 25K in 2 months due to no deals when I bought the Aspire

Price you pay for being an early worm
I think in the long run it is wise for a company to provide some sort of protection to the early birds as they are buying a fresh product which is not market-tested and thereby are taking a greater risk.Some use the introductory pricing stategy,and early birds adopting it reaps the benefits if the car is a success at a later date( as in case of Ecosport).I think since Aspire is very recently launched,and is doing decent sales numbers,Ford should have atleast made some arrangements to compensate the earliest buyers when they declared a big festive season bonanza like this.Otherwise it is bound to give rise to grievances in their hearts,and they will rightly think twice before buying a Ford product at the launching stages.And that can not be good for any company, as until and unless people see cars on road in decent numbers,people hesitate to book it.Maybe Ford should offer a complimentary 5 yr EW to assuage the feeling of being short-changed to all early buyers.
dragonov007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 09:39   #396

Going for the delivery of my Ruby Red 1.5AT today. Was so excited couldn't sleep last night.
My poor old Santro XL AT is already sulking in the corner and feels neglected.

Will update with first impressions soon.
vikrammohan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 14:58   #397
BHPian

Couple of questions for the TDCi owners:

1) I've observed that when shifting up from 3rd gear (and possibly other gears too, just that I haven't noticed that yet) at a high RPM (Say 3k+), the ECU holds the Engine revs at about 2.2-2.5K RPM for a few seconds, when the clutch is depressed.
Has anyone else noticed this? Is this to rev match when I shift into fourth gear?
It's a small bother if I want to go to 5th directly.

2) Many times, it's hard to balance the car on the throttle, in gear; If I try to hold it at a given speed in any gear, I keep getting tiny jerks from the drivetrain. Also, I get these small jerks when I let go of the accelerator (with the car still in gear) or begin accelerating again (while the car was in gear all the time). It takes half a second for the drivetrain to settle down into either delivering the power smoothly or to stop delivering the power.
Has anyone noticed these tiny jerks?

3) As soon as I go to half clutch to start moving off in heavy traffic, the ECU raises the RPM to about 1000-1100 RPM. I understand that this might be the anti stall mechanism kicking in - just wanted to confirm other cars have the same behavior!

Thanks!
Old 6th November 2015, 15:21   #398
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post

1) I've observed that when shifting up from 3rd gear (and possibly other gears too, just that I haven't noticed that yet) at a high RPM (Say 3k+), the ECU holds the Engine revs at about 2.2-2.5K RPM for a few seconds, when the clutch is depressed.
Has anyone else noticed this? Is this to rev match when I shift into fourth gear?
Will pitch in because I have the same experience on my old Ecosport. The ECU holds the rpm to rev match and this is a characteristic of the drive by wire throttle system. I have the same in my Ecosport and the corolla. It's much more noticeable in the corolla and not easy to get the hang of.

Quote:
2) Many times, it's hard to balance the car on the throttle, in gear; If I try to hold it at a given speed in any gear, I keep getting tiny jerks from the drivetrain. Also, I get these small jerks when I let go of the accelerator (with the car still in gear) or begin accelerating again (while the car was in gear all the time). It takes half a second for the drivetrain to settle down into either delivering the power smoothly or to stop delivering the power.
If my guess is correct, these jerks happen only on a cold engine. after a few minutes this subsides and there are no jerks felt. The only other time you get jerks is if you short shift i.e. you are in a higher gear with lower rpm below 2,000 and then try to give constant accelerator.

Quote:
3) As soon as I go to half clutch to start moving off in heavy traffic, the ECU raises the RPM to about 1000-1100 RPM. I understand that this might be the anti stall mechanism kicking in - just wanted to confirm other cars have the same behavior!
Yup. This is the anti stall kicking in and will raise the rpm to get you moving. This happens if you don't use any accelerator as soon as you start releasing the clutch and try to move only using the clutch.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 15:27   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Will pitch in because I have the same experience on my old Ecosport. The ECU holds the rpm to rev match and this is a characteristic of the drive by wire throttle system. I have the same in my Ecosport and the corolla. It's much more noticeable in the corolla and not easy to get the hang of.
Thanks Vid. This is irritating at times and I'd rather perfect my shifts by timing the clutch release perfectly than having the ECU help me out. Another thing is that this seems to be an on-off switch with a fixed RPM to hold - is the RPM that the ECU holds the engine at fixed or does it vary with the speed?

If my guess is correct, these jerks happen only on a cold engine. after a few minutes this subsides and there are no jerks felt. The only other time you get jerks is if you short shift i.e. you are in a higher gear with lower rpm below 2,000 and then try to give constant accelerator.
[/quote]

Ummm. I do get jerks below 2000 RPM - but who said we aren't allowed to coast below 2000 RPM in gear?
Even at 1500 RPM, I should be able to cruise at a constant speed without getting those tiny jerks.
Yes, the jerks are most pronounced at lower RPMs.
Old 6th November 2015, 16:10   #400
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks!
Never revved at low gears to 3K RPM until now so cannot comment on first point, regarding tiny jerks I initially observed it while shifting from 1st to 2nd gear but even that has minimized after first service, agree on the third point on the quick jump in RPM levels while moving from half clutch mode
KreativeGeek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 17:19   #401
BHPian

Quote:

This could be a rev matching mechanism. However, it should be more evident while downshifting. Do you drive in 'ecomode'? The green arrow will indicate an upshift at appropriate revs.

Quote:
2) Many times, it's hard to balance the car on the throttle, in gear; If I try to hold it at a given speed in any gear, I keep getting tiny jerks from the drivetrain. Also, I get these small jerks when I let go of the accelerator (with the car still in gear) or begin accelerating again (while the car was in gear all the time).
I have noted these jerks. Vid has nailed the reason behind these jerks!

Quote:

Thanks!
Anti stalling should be coming into action. Still I have managed to stall the vehicle at times (sometimes in fourth thinking it was second!).
By the way, isn't it advisable not to keep the revs below 1500 rpm for diesel engines?

I have observed that while in 5th gear, when the accelerator pedal is depressed the engine keeps revving and moving forward enthusiastically for a while. And this is not just due to momentum of the car. feels as though it doesn't want to be stopped

Last edited by Aditya : 8th November 2015 at 07:48. Reason: Fixing quote tags
Old 6th November 2015, 18:05   #402
Distinguished - BHPian

http://www.gaadi.com/news/preview-fo...-dry-run-87269

Got this forward in watsapp.

The gaadi guys seem to have worked out 52 KM/L from the Figo Aspire tdci !!!!!

Inspired from the ACI runs of the Fiesta half a decade ago, even if these are taken with a pinch of salt it sure promises strong mileage with this superb performance.

Just hope it doesn't show any problems in the long run like the Amaze idtec is showing now.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 18:41   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
http://www.gaadi.com/news/preview-fo...-dry-run-87269

Got this forward in watsapp.

The gaadi guys seem to have worked out 52 KM/L from the Figo Aspire tdci !!!!!

Inspired from the ACI runs of the Fiesta half a decade ago, even if these are taken with a pinch of salt it sure promises strong mileage with this superb performance.

Just hope it doesn't show any problems in the long run like the Amaze idtec is showing now.
They were running this test from past 2-3 days which I was following keenly, definitely commendable mileage figures for a car in CS segment. While they ran this test between 55-75 km speed limit it got them 42.02 kmpl for the entire trip, so "Sirf Bhaagti Nahin, Par Deti bhi hai" but sadly not selling in numbers Ford would want to see. Eager to read more on this fuel economy test. (Discovered that the entrepreneur-cum-automobile fanatic quoted in the article is a distant relative of mine too!)

Ford Aspire : Official Review-ffa3.jpg

Ford Aspire : Official Review-ffa4.jpg

Images shared by Bunny Punia from his FB page.

Last edited by KreativeGeek : 6th November 2015 at 18:46. Reason: Spelling correction, add content
KreativeGeek is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 21:54   #404
Senior - BHPian

Finally got time to the 3M Noodle Mats

Ford Aspire : Official Review-noodle-mat-14.jpg
At the mat shop. (really liked the brown mats but it won't suit the Aspire)

Ford Aspire : Official Review-noodle-mat-11.jpg
My assistant!!

Ford Aspire : Official Review-noodle-mat-9.jpg
Ford Aspire : Official Review-noodle-mat-8.jpg
Ford Aspire : Official Review-noodle-mat-7.jpg

Did a single piece for the second row. Size = 59"x24"

Ford Aspire : Official Review-noodle-mat-4.jpg
Ford Aspire : Official Review-noodle-mat-2.jpg
Ford Aspire : Official Review-noodle-mat-6.jpg
The first row required minimum cutting. Size = 28"x24" x 2 nos.
The mats tucks in neatly under the panels in most places.

Total time consumed:
Shopping = 20 minutes
Front Row = 20 minutes
Second Row = 20 minutes

Total Cost:
Durotuf mats - 20 square feet = 1850.00 + Time taken = 1200.00

Edit: Maybe I should have posted this in the DIY section.

Last edited by samaspire : 6th November 2015 at 21:55. Reason: enlightenment
samaspire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th November 2015, 22:55   #405
BHPian

The article on Figo Aspire fuel economy test (Diesel) is live now on Gaadi.com, makes an interesting read.

Ford Figo Aspire sets a new fuel economy record : 994.84km @ 42.02kmpl

http://www.gaadi.com/news/ford-figo-...994-84km-87373

Most Viewed