Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2019, 12:01   #2476
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
My DTE display went nuts yesterday. My car was stationery with engine running for ac for about 15-20 mins while I was at a store. When I got back and moved to reverse gear, the DTE went haywire for about 30 seconds. It was trying to recalculate and was circling in the range of 490-570 up and down till it finally settled. Has anyone else witnessed this?
Yes, that happens when you keep the engine running for a stationary car with the AC switched on for a long duration. For each minute that the engine is ON and the car stationary, it reduces the DTE by 1 km. So probably when you started moving the car, it was calculating the time and adjusting the DTE. However, I would not suggest taking those calculations very seriously.
Old 29th April 2019, 12:21   #2477
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My DTE display went nuts yesterday. My car was stationery with engine running for ac for about 15-20 mins while I was at a store. When I got back and moved to reverse gear, the DTE went haywire for about 30 seconds. It was trying to recalculate and was circling in the range of 490-570 up and down till it finally settled. Has anyone else witnessed this?
I faced it once the day after completing my offroading attempt (don't know if all the jolts and general harsh offroading conditions had anything to do with it). But it hasn't recurred for me.

Others have posted videos of the same on a FB TUV 300 owners group. People over there mentioned a faulty sensor.

@ All

When I turn my TUV's steering at low speeds, I can hear a mild howling sound. A drunk person might term the howling as Medusa's song to lure sailors in. I'll be actively listening to this behavior for a few more days before taking to the service center.
Old 30th April 2019, 11:20   #2478
BHPian

My tank has done around 37000Km. On last weekend outstation trip the engine suddenly started giving lots of vibrations. initially i assumed it to be cold start engine issue. But the heavy vibrations are still there even after completing the total trip distance of 800km. The vibrations are easily felt when idling or at low speeds. I can even see the bonnet vibrating.

Did the usual fluid checks and found all were above the mandatory level.
Will be taking the tank to sahyadri today itself as tomorrow is non-working day.
Old 30th April 2019, 15:35   #2479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
When I turn my TUV's steering at low speeds, I can hear a mild howling sound.
Might be a wheel alignment issue and/or a steering column issue. You should get it checked.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 15:43   #2480
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetans View Post
My tank has done around 37000Km. On last weekend outstation trip the engine suddenly started giving lots of vibrations. initially i assumed it to be cold start engine issue. But the heavy vibrations are still there even after completing the total trip distance of 800km. The vibrations are easily felt when idling or at low speeds. I can even see the bonnet vibrating.

Will be taking the tank to sahyadri today itself as tomorrow is non-working day.
Please let is know if the issue is fixed.

I remember this happening once after the engine cover getting stuck to the bonnet Insulation material making a lot of noise and shaking the vehicle.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 16:01   #2481
BHPian

Quote:

Do get your battery checked when you goto MASS. It can be due to weak battery also. In my case it was due to weak battery, the radiator fan was not getting adequate power from battery and every time it gets started there is vibration in the engine bay. Also, try get the radiator unit area pressure washed to get rid of unwanted dust accumulated in between.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th April 2019 at 16:07. Reason: Quote tag fixed
dieselburner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 16:52   #2482
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Might be a wheel alignment issue and/or a steering column issue. You should get it checked.
I just got the alignment and balancing done last week. I wonder if those guys did something to have caused this. Or, if it's a steering column issue, I wonder if it could be because of the rough use I put it through. I never slow down for bad roads. I'll keep this thread updated on what I find.
Old 30th April 2019, 16:56   #2483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
I just got the alignment and balancing done last week. I wonder if those guys did something to have caused this.
I suggest you go back to those alignment guys and have them check it. They usually provide a second look within a month free of cost. It is easier for first asking them to look at it than visit ASS.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 18:46   #2484
BHPian

Quote:

Wifey had taken the tank to Sahyadri motors at camp at 4 pm today.
The tank was lifted to check the under body.
The service guy pointed that there is some gear box damage.
They are unable to service that and the tank needs to be taken to Wakad service station.
I am going to take the tank on Thursday morning for further inspection at Wakad service station from where we had made the purchase.
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20190430-5.46.57-pm.jpeg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20190430-5.46.58-pm.jpeg
Old 4th May 2019, 10:29   #2485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyasuri View Post
I remember seeing a TUV 300 with ~22K on the ODO back in late 2016 at the MASS that had come in for a clutch kit change. Since clutch wear was not covered by the warranty, the owner was grumbling as he had to pay for it. But that was a Manual transmission model. IMHO you do have a case to escalate with Customer Care as yours is an AMT and the AMT system should have been optimized to take care of the clutch and prevent rather early wear-out like in your case.
Just an update on my issue, I escalated to Mahindra Customer Service team and after 10 days I finally got a call from their team. The person claimed to be regional manager. He said clutch kit is not covered under warranty as it is wear and tear item. I explained him that as it is AMT the clutch was not changed manually and is changed by your AMT system only, yet he insisted it is not covered and they will not refund as per their policy.

I am not happy with this response, If it was wear and tear with disc pads, I can take accountability as I am manually applying breaks, but here I am not manually changing gears or pressing clutch. How can we escalate this further? Should I tweet to Mahindra directly?
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2019, 11:25   #2486
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
I am not happy with this response, If it was wear and tear with disc pads, I can take accountability as I am manually applying breaks, but here I am not manually changing gears or pressing clutch. How can we escalate this further? Should I tweet to Mahindra directly?
In the Celerio AMT section , it is mentioned that clutch is not covered under warranty and in some cases Maruti changed it FOC on Goodwill.

It appears that AMTs are not kind to clutch under certain driving conditions. Since the vehicle has run 37K, I guess they may consider it as wear and tear.

The celerio I know had it's clutch pack up at 15K in Bangalore traffic.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 09:49   #2487
BHPian

My tank suffered tyre burst last week while I was driving from Nasik to Indore. I was at 90 kmph at that time but the tank handled it beautifully and did not lose track or balance. While changing the tyre, the stock jack proved weak enough to bear tank's weight and it bent. So be cautious about the jack's ability to lift the tank. Got the tyres replaced and got Nitrogen filled this time and also purchased a new jack with 2 ton capacity.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20190421_102921.jpg  

Old 5th May 2019, 10:00   #2488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monakar View Post
My tank suffered tyre burst last week while I was driving from Nasik to Indore. I was at 90 kmph at that time but the tank handled it beautifully and did not lose track or balance. While changing the tyre, the stock jack proved weak enough to bear tank's weight and it bent. So be cautious about the jack's ability to lift the tank. Got the tyres replaced and got Nitrogen filled this time and also purchased a new jack with 2 ton capacity.
No offence, but it was very wrong of you to drive with such a bald tyre. Looking at that tread makes me cringe. It was a disaster waiting to happen. Thank God, your family is safe otherwise what a horrendous accident it could have been. Please do take care of your car's tyres. They are very crucial for safety.

Last edited by Shreyas Agarwal : 5th May 2019 at 10:02.
Shreyas Agarwal is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 17:53   #2489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
If it was wear and tear with disc pads, I can take accountability as I am manually applying breaks, but here I am not manually changing gears or pressing clutch.
our driving style does impact the gear in which the car is at a given point and I have been trying to see how I can change my style to get maximum fuel efficiency in my AMT. On a long drive I got 15kmpl. But in the last two to three weeks I am seeing terrible fuel efficiency and realize that my fuel tank got halved within 200km of city driving. Then realized that most of this drive is happening in the second gear and some in third. I think the onus is on me as a driver to see how the AMT can get into higher gears with the accelerator input that we have. I am still not sure how to get the best out of this beast but I do feel our driving style will impact the mileage and also the clutch wear and tear.
Old 5th May 2019, 19:30   #2490
BHPian

Quote:
our driving style does impact the gear in which the car is at a given point and I have been trying to see how I can change my style to get maximum fuel efficiency in my AMT. On a long drive I got 15kmpl. But in the last two to three weeks I am seeing terrible fuel efficiency and realize that my fuel tank got halved within 200km of city driving. Then realized that most of this drive is happening in the second gear and some in third. I think the onus is on me as a driver to see how the AMT can get into higher gears with the accelerator input that we have. I am still not sure how to get the best out of this beast but I do feel our driving style will impact the mileage and also the clutch wear and tear.
My last car was Hyundai Verna first model, clutch kit was changed after 80k kms. I am getting 15kmpl on highway at 80 speed full AC and 12kmpl in city conditions (most of the time in A2 or A3). I never crossed 3000 rpm on my Tank even on highways. I only accelerate heavily when I have to overtake on highway. I am still 100% confident that due to faulty AMT my clutch kit worn out quickly. As per my previous post, sudden power loss at A2 and sudden jerk in A3 has caused wear and tear on my Tank.

However, I have no hopes from Mahindra. I was charged a bomb 15,000 for 40k service, only parts replaced were break pads, additional 5,400 for clutch kit. Fly wheel was covered under warranty (around 9k cost). Total bill was 19,400. MASS kept vehicle for 2 weeks to diagnose the issue. No donor vehicle was provided. I decided, if this issue repeats I will go ahead and sell this car.

Faced same issue last year, MASS said they were unable to recreate the issue. This time took video and showed them. Else I would have got same response. My Tank stopped suddenly on Highway and I had to restart the vehicle to move forward. Well I have only myself to blame for chosing a Mahindra.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks