Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2019, 10:46   #2536
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
I would dig my heels in and not sell the car, in your position. It is a financial hit for no fault of yours. Instead, I would suggest you wait for the flash and further rectification from Mahindra in any form whatsoever. Whether or not your vehicle is in warranty, the manufacturer cannot simply wash their hands off the product!
Just an update on my AMT issue, After battling with "Senior Officials" and "Zonal Managers", I got 1.5 lacs discount on new refreshed TUV and 6.25 resale value for my AMT, but as it is a huge financial hit for me I rejected their offer and asked for free extended 2 years warranty. They approved it and the paper work is in order.

I am still contemplating with my decision, I should have gone for new vehicle and sold my AMT as mahindra has discontinued AMT for TUV
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2019, 01:44   #2537
BHPian

Got an email that TVS is no longer associated with Mahindra and they sent the list of authorized service centers for Chennai today.
diyguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 10:15   #2538
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
I'm facing a decrease in fuel efficiency in my MT TUV 300 T8. I used to get 14 kmpl in the city and that's dropped to 12 kmpl now. And where I used to score upto 18 kmpl on the highway earlier, it's 13 to 15 kmpl now.
Since my last update in early June, I've done a tankful and mileage with 100% city and AC use still came only to 12.5 Kmpl, against my earlier consistent 14 Kmpl figures.

Moreover, the wheel alignment shop close to home told me while performing a checkup of the wheels that my front right wheel isn't rolling freely. That should definitely hit fuel efficiency. I fear damaged wheel bearings on the front wheel; after all, I do use my TUV very roughly over bad roads.

I'm all set to call up my MASS centre shortly.
Old 8th July 2019, 10:27   #2539
BHPian

Quote:
On a TUV 300 Facebook group, I see an update which has Mahindra customers from Cochin all worried - it seems TVS has terminated their Mahindra dealership in Cochin. TVS seems to have been the best service center for Mahindra customers in Cochin. After June 2019, Mahindra customers will have to seek other, apparently unpleasant, service centers.

I wonder if the TVS Mahindra showrooms in other areas are also discontinuing - I know that diyguy gets his serviced at TVS in Anna Nagar, Chennai...
TVS is no longer associated with Mahindra, they have officially shutdown as on 30th June in Chennai, both Sales and Service.
Old 10th July 2019, 10:38   #2540
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Since my last update in early June, I've done a tankful and mileage with 100% city and AC use still came only to 12.5 Kmpl, against my earlier consistent 14 Kmpl figures.

Moreover, the wheel alignment shop close to home told me while performing a checkup of the wheels that my front right wheel isn't rolling freely. That should definitely hit fuel efficiency. I fear damaged wheel bearings on the front wheel; after all, I do use my TUV very roughly over bad roads.

I'm all set to call up my MASS centre shortly.
I'm at my MASS centre. They just called me in to the shop floor and showed me just how dirty the diesel is in my tank. The fuel filter is all but clogged and gone. The engine air filter is fine. And there is indeed some rolling resistance in my front right wheel.

The fuel filter is being replaced and the wheel set up is to be cleaned (I don't understand if cleaning it will make it right or not!). I've asked for new front wipers too.

I'll need to change where I fill up my fuel from now onwards. Shell gets so highly spoken about, so that's where I'll head regularly I guess.
Old 10th July 2019, 13:38   #2541
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'm at my MASS centre. They just called me in to the shop floor and showed me just how dirty the diesel is in my tank. The fuel filter is all but clogged and gone. The engine air filter is fine. And there is indeed some rolling resistance in my front right wheel.

The fuel filter is being replaced and the wheel set up is to be cleaned (I don't understand if cleaning it will make it right or not!). I've asked for new front wipers too.

I'll need to change where I fill up my fuel from now onwards. Shell gets so highly spoken about, so that's where I'll head regularly I guess.
Sorry for the back to back posts but I'm out of the service center after 3 hours now. And wow oh wow! The car sprints so eagerly and smoothly now that I'm grinning like this:
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-clarkson-grinning.jpeg

I never realized that my car had been dragging its feet for so long or that this car can be so nippy. Was it the cleaning of the front discs or the fuel filter that did the trick? I don't know.

And they changed the clutch as part of their long-running recall.
Old 11th July 2019, 10:00   #2542
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for the back to back posts but I'm out of the service center after 3 hours now. And wow oh wow! The car sprints so eagerly and smoothly now that I'm grinning like this:
Attachment 1892343

I never realized that my car had been dragging its feet for so long or that this car can be so nippy. Was it the cleaning of the front discs or the fuel filter that did the trick? I don't know.

And they changed the clutch as part of their long-running recall.
Hi, I don't know about any recall regarding clutch. Is the recall specific to some specific models or on overall units produced till date. Neither I received any call or intimation from Mahindra for the same. Mine is Jan-16 manufactured T8 manual model.
Old 11th July 2019, 10:03   #2543
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselburner View Post
Hi, I don't know about any recall regarding clutch. Is the recall specific to some specific models or on overall units produced till date. Neither I received any call or intimation from Mahindra for the same. Mine is Jan-16 manufactured T8 manual model.
Yes siree, most of us here had earlier confirmed 2-3 months ago on this very thread that it's a recall for all TUV 300s whereby they change the clutch pedals on them. Since the downside of whatever's wrong is just a creaky clutch pedal, Mahindra haven't been calling up customers for the change. Instead, they've been changing it under warranty as and when people come in for servicing or repairs.
Old 14th July 2019, 13:13   #2544
BHPian

Quote:
I'm at my MASS centre. They just called me in to the shop floor and showed me just how dirty the diesel is in my tank. The fuel filter is all but clogged and gone.
How did this happen? Dodgy fuel stations? I would suggest Shell but being a private entity the price od Diesel is high in Shell bunks as they do not get government subsidy. I would suggest company operated and run HP fuel stations. That is the case atleast here in Hyderabad and this was 3 years back. Not sure about current situation.

Now there is a reason why I am not recommending Indian Oil bunks, I noticed that my Tank is running smooth when using HP fuel compared to IOL. I maybe wrong or it's just me hallucinating but I prefer HP over IOL anytime. Also try Reliance pumps if any near your location.

Once I got a warning sign on my Tank saying "Water in Fuel", went to MASS, they opened diesel filter and I could smell Kerosene in it. They advised me to change my regular filling station. Avoided it till today and never faced this issue again
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2019, 15:11   #2545
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
How did this happen? Dodgy fuel stations? I would suggest Shell but being a private entity the price od Diesel is high in Shell bunks as they do not get government subsidy. I would suggest company operated and run HP fuel stations.

Now there is a reason why I am not recommending Indian Oil bunks, I noticed that my Tank is running smooth when using HP fuel compared to IOL. I maybe wrong or it's just me hallucinating but I prefer HP over IOL anytime.
There's an IOCL bunk hardly 400 feet from home. And that's precisely who've hurt my car. And guess what, my fellow locals have advised me to head to the HP pump down the road instead...so you're right in your assessment. IOCL seems to be infamous for fuel quality issues here as well.

I wish I had a Reliance pump or a Shell nearby. The nearest Shell for me is quite a bit away. The only other alternative i have in my remote area is an Essar pump. I'll stick to HP I guess.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 13:09   #2546
BHPian

Quick Question to the Group - I am planning to get a luggage rack installed to my TUV.

The options are:

1. Gold Sun GLC 405 - 10K Indian DeCars Quote

2. MTek Carbon - 7K Indian DeCars Quote

3. Century Avenger Carbon - 10K CarSonics Quote (Only by Order)

All to be fitted on the factory fitted rails.

Request a suggestion on which one to go for.
Old 15th July 2019, 15:15   #2547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalEagle View Post
Quick Question to the Group - I am planning to get a luggage rack installed to my TUV.

The options are:

I installed Century Avenger Carbon on my Tank last year in January. It was around 7k at that time. Got it installed at Minister Road, don't remember the shop name.

The same day I went on trip to Shiridi from Hyderabad, the luggage rack was not fitted properly and it left marks on my rails and tank top
Old 20th July 2019, 15:07   #2548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The options are:

I can vouch for the option#2, M-Tek roof carrier, Supersport Carbon model. I had fitted this 3 years back and it still looks like new. Very sporty looks and no color fading. That time it costed me 5,500/- (10% dsicount on MRP of Rs 6000/-). It is pretty light weight, and assembling and dismantling is very easy too, just rotate the 4 knobs. Having some problem sharing the pics. Will retry again after some time.

Meanwhile you can have a look at the pics in my ownership thread over here --> https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post3974263 (Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective)

Last edited by AutoIndian : 20th July 2019 at 15:13.
Old 22nd July 2019, 09:47   #2549
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I have the MTek Carbon model since 7 months. It is a beauty to behold. And I think it is a tad more aerodynamic (as far as rooftop carriers can be), with a rubber under-skirt thrown in at the front and a slightly sloping design at the front.

The only problem I have is that a peripheral part that came with MTek has begun to rust; I'm talking about the 'U' shaped brackets which typically are used to nail and hold pipelines in homes to the wall. Such brackets are already rusting away in mine. But the main carrier which seems to be powder-coated is simply awesome.

I can always get the brackets replaced at a hardware store.
Old 28th July 2019, 20:29   #2550
Distinguished - BHPian

In other cars that I've driven in the rain at speed, drops on the windshield would work their way up uniformly across the entire span of the windshield.

I just noticed that in the TUV, there is an area around the centre of the windshield from where the drops are not driven by the wind anywhere. It goes to show that the wind itself doesn't get to flow over or around the windshield...we know that the TUV has the aerodynamics of a brick; but to witness firsthand just how bad it is was something else, thanks to the rain.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks