Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2019, 23:45   #2506

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Hello Everyone,
Does this tuv 300 facelift include speed alert system?
Has anyone taken a TD or bought the facelift version?
I was wondering if there are any changes in ride quality due to "cushion suspension" and chassis from 3rd gen. Scorpio...
Old 4th June 2019, 17:07   #2507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Just an update on the status of my tuv I got from MASS, the actuator part arrived on Saturday and they are fixing it today. Once the work is done, they will go on a long test drive to check if all ok or not, they also will re-flash AMT software.
I escalated to Managing Director and someone named Arindham has contacted me last week. He offered no solution and told me that they will not exchange the vehicle with MT nor refund my amount, he was only stressing that it will not repeat again as they have heavily invested in R&D for AMT and I need to give them one more chance, the new software patch has ironed out all the issues etc.

I asked him if Mahindra can absorb the depreciation value for last 2 years and I will purchase the new MT model. He said he will check and come back, they sent a person from local Mahindra showroom to evaluate the condition of my vehicle. On Saturday the person came to my home, inspected the vehicle and went on a small test ride. He asked reason for re-sale, I told him to check with Mahindra people only on this. He appreciated the overall condition of the vehicle, but it was clear that this person never drove AMT as he was clueless in the car during test drive.

This Monday I got call from RCCM and he just offered 1.30 lacs discount on the new model and gave a quotation of 6 lacs re-sale value for my existing AMT + exchange bonus of 25k. I declined the offer straight away as my loan amount pending was 6.75 lacs and if I would end up purchasing a new vehicle then my loan cycle will reset again for another 5 years. With discounts and exchange offers, I was getting the new T10(O) MT for around 11 lacs actual on-road price is 12.49 lacs.

I ended up asking them to extend my warranty for free for another 2 years and yet to get confirmation from them. So far below are the quotations I got for my AMT from local showroom dealers, which compared to market re-sale value was a total rip-off

Hyundai - 6 lacs (for Venue)
Nexa - 5.75 lacs (for S-Cross)
Nissan - 5.65 lacs (+50k bonus and discounts) (for Kicks)
Mahindra - 6 lacs (+25k bonus) (for T10 Optional)

On OLX I can see re-sellers asking price for 2017 model AMT's for 8.5 lacs

If I sell my vehicle for 6 lacs, I would end up paying remaining loan amount of 75,000 from my pocket to the bank + additional 4% - 6% pre-closure charges and then fresh loan for new vehicle.

Totally in dilemma on what to do. If the AMT issue resurfaces again I will have no choice to sell it off ASAP for a loss. Thanks Mahindra.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 23:57   #2508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Totally in dilemma on what to do. If the AMT issue resurfaces again I will have no choice to sell it off ASAP for a loss. Thanks Mahindra.

I would dig my heels in and not sell the car, in your position. It is a financial hit for no fault of yours. Instead, I would suggest you wait for the flash and further rectification from Mahindra in any form whatsoever. Whether or not your vehicle is in warranty, the manufacturer cannot simply wash their hands off the product!
architect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2019, 07:35   #2509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
I would dig my heels in and not sell the car, in your position. It is a financial hit for no fault of yours. Instead, I would suggest you wait for the flash and further rectification from Mahindra in any form whatsoever. Whether or not your vehicle is in warranty, the manufacturer cannot simply wash their hands off the product!
I agree, but this is the 3rd time I am facing issue with AMT from last 2 years. Everytime they replace a part and reflash the software and assure it will not repeat again. Then it repeats again. The reliability is missing and MASS takes atleast 1-2 weeks everytime to fix it. Hopefully they will extend my warranty for free for all the inconvenience caused to me.
Old 6th June 2019, 10:02   #2510
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I agree, but this is the 3rd time I am facing issue with AMT from last 2 years. Everytime they replace a part and reflash the software and assure it will not repeat again. Then it repeats again. The reliability is missing and MASS takes atleast 1-2 weeks everytime to fix it. Hopefully they will extend my warranty for free for all the inconvenience caused to me.
Why not go in for a T8 or a T6+ version instead of the top-end T10 (O)? This way you can negate your losses on the loan while ending up with a reliable manual version.

But this advice holds true only for a person like myself. I don't even utilize the entertainment device on mine except for hooking up the phone via bluetooth. And I haven't even tried playing songs via USB in 15 months of ownership so far. The bells and whistles don't matter at all to me.
locusjag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 10:26   #2511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
Why not go in for a T8 or a T6+ version instead of the top-end T10 (O)? This way you can negate your losses on the loan while ending up with a reliable manual version.

But this advice holds true only for a person like myself. I don't even utilize the entertainment device on mine except for hooking up the phone via bluetooth. And I haven't even tried playing songs via USB in 15 months of ownership so far. The bells and whistles don't matter at all to me.
There is a difference of 55,00 between T8 and T10(O) variant and getting leather seats plus touchscreen HU. I think it is more balanced variant. My old T8 variant I had to spend 30k for Pioneer HU and 12k for seat covers. So factory fitted seemed right for me. Anyways I dropped the thought of selling my vehicle, unless if there is one more incident on AMT.
Old 8th June 2019, 15:17   #2512
BHPian

I got a call from Mahindra (India Garage, Peenya - Bangalore) day before yesterday, saying they are recalling some of the AMTs for flashing. Gave it today and waiting to get my tank back.
I asked them to finish even the fourth service (of 30k km).

Well, the AMT had the usual niggles of slow response, sudden jerk, 3-5 seconds delay before shifting to second gear.

Let's see, if those gets fixed now. Being associated with software development, I am waiting to see new niggles. :-)
Old 8th June 2019, 17:51   #2513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu13uk View Post
I got a call from Mahindra (India Garage, Peenya - Bangalore) day before yesterday, saying they are recalling some of the AMTs for flashing.
can you get the version for other AMT owners benefit please. Mine was flashed in Mar 2019 and is 0.20.01.
Old 8th June 2019, 20:56   #2514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
can you get the version for other AMT owners benefit please. Mine was flashed in Mar 2019 and is 0.20.01.
I'll try to get it from the service adviser.
Can I get it from the ODB2 reader instead?
Old 8th June 2019, 23:27   #2515
BHPian

Quote:
Can I get it from the ODB2 reader instead?
You can get it by pressing the home button and the eq button together for about 5-10 seconds.
Old 9th June 2019, 23:01   #2516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
You can get it by pressing the home button and the eq button together for about 5-10 seconds.
Which one is home button?
But, I tried with Other buttons and Eq button. I got the message "This feature is not supported". (Can't attach the image I do not have the permission yet).

I'll try to contact the SA tomorrow.

The initial feeling is really good. Compared to earlier, the response has improved. Even the gap in the shifting between 1st to 2nd gear has almost gone. Engine has become smoother (may be servicing effect, and may not be related to AMT).
Old 10th June 2019, 00:09   #2517
BHPian

Mod note: Post edited, please use Upload using URL to directly upload the image to TeamBHP and not host it externally.

Quote:
Which one is home button?
These are the buttons on the OE stereo, clicked while the engineer was trying to update the firmware.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-chl7ru3.jpg

BTW which obd do you have?

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th June 2019 at 14:49.
Old 11th June 2019, 13:30   #2518
BHPian

Thank you for the image. That helps. Unfortunately, that is disabled in my car.

SA told her will get the version number from the tech team. But, he also mentioned that this version has arrived only 10 days back.

The vehicle now moves at 1000 rpm (even for reverse gear) and the gear shifts at 2000 rpm. So, the difference is easily noticeable and feels good. The vehicle is at its best ever condition.
Old 11th June 2019, 14:34   #2519
BHPian

Quote:
But, he also mentioned that this version has arrived only 10 days back... The vehicle is at its best ever condition.
Thanks for the update. Are you from Chennai and which dealer? I will call my SA and schedule this and maybe the suspension change if they agree.
Old 11th June 2019, 15:52   #2520
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm facing a decrease in fuel efficiency in my MT TUV 300 T8. I used to get 14 kmpl in the city and that's dropped to 12 kmpl now. And where I used to score upto 18 kmpl on the highway earlier, it's 13 to 15 kmpl now. I know of dirt accumulation in the EGR (procrj had faced it) as a probable cause, but am yet to get it investigated and fixed.

Since BS VI diesel has been sold in Chennai from April 2019 onwards, I briefly entertained the thought that it could be a reason; but then no one else is complaining of a drop in FE with their vehicles, so this is unlikely.

Most Viewed