Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2019, 12:55   #2611
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
AMT users got a call from New Mahindra service center in Chennai to come upgrade the firmware.
Latest version 30.4.2
Reason:
Vehicle moving creep time reduced

Has anyone got this done?
Yes, my tank got flashed with 30.4.2. I even posted it here on 12/Jun/2019 (post#2521).
I confirm that the performance is better. The creep is better. It starts to move at 1000rpm as against 1200 earlier. Even the same improvement can be noticed in reverse gear.
The last between the 1st and 2nd is gone (or reduced).
Old 11th September 2019, 16:27   #2612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu13uk View Post
Yes, my tank got flashed with 30.4.2. I even posted it here on 12/Jun/2019 (post#2521).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddy3008 View Post
Got my TUV's software flashed yesterday. The difference is quite noticeable.
hello, Any update on rpm for gear change? It was earlier at 2200RPM. Any jerks after this update? I do get jerks every now and then from gear 1-2 change. I am yet to go in for this upgrade due to my travel schedule.
Old 11th September 2019, 23:50   #2613
BHPian

Quote:
hello, Any update on rpm for gear change? It was earlier at 2200RPM. Any jerks after this update? I do get jerks every now and then from gear 1-2 change. I am yet to go in for this upgrade due to my travel schedule.
It now shifts up at 2000 rpm, yet to try the upper limit. The transitions between 1st and 2nd is smooth and without lag.
The sudden jerks have reduced, but still there.
The instances of loss of power has also reduced, but still there.

So, I would say, this is the best ever software update. However, Mahindra still has scope to improve.
Old 12th September 2019, 11:27   #2614
Distinguished - BHPian

Just got back from a long drive in the rain drenched western ghats of Karnataka. Details here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post4656359
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-m3.jpg  

procrj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 06:41   #2615
BHPian

Quote:
Gear changes are happening at 2050 rpm now. This will imply two good things for us - first is lesser head bobbing leading to less instances of motion sickness and secondly better fuel efficiency as rpms don't climb higher.

I wont say TUV's AMT is perfect after the upgrade but its definitely a step in the right direction. I would recommend that you too get it done. All the best !
Maddy3008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 08:10   #2616
BHPian

Quote:
I would recommend that you too get it done. All the best !
Am heading home today after driving a Mercedes GLA180 for the past four days in Gothenburg. Back to my AMT from tomorrow and plan to get this done either tomorrow or sometime next week.
Old 13th September 2019, 09:45   #2617
Distinguished - BHPian

I'd fallen out of love with my Tank for a while. But now, am back on the wagon again after falling off of it. It's time for me to start penning my ownership review since i've been there and back again.

@procrj

I love your Jog falls triplog. It makes me want to go there soon, but only a year-end trip seems likely. I'm gunning for the Udupi Paryaya festival which is set to happen in January 2020. I really want my family to witness that superb festive atmosphere; but on the flipside, Jog falls won't be roaring in January...
Old 13th September 2019, 10:26   #2618
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
I'm gunning for the Udupi Paryaya festival which is set to happen in January 2020. I really want my family to witness that superb festive atmosphere;
Never witnessed this. In-fact I have been thinking of going to the Onam races and Thrissur-puram for sometime now but never have made up my mind.

Quote:
but on the flipside, Jog falls won't be roaring in January...
Many of the waterfalls are dam controlled and hence need to ensure that you go there when the dam gates are open. Else its just not worth it.
Old 13th September 2019, 10:39   #2619
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Never witnessed this. In-fact I have been thinking of going to the Onam races and Thrissur-puram for sometime now but never have made up my mind.
The Udupi Paryaya occurs in January every alternate year. It definitely isn't a high-key event such as the Thrissur pooram, but it has its own simple charm. A few of us students had visited the Udupi Krishna temple from nearby Manipal during the Paryaya in 2010 I think and we all loved it. The weather is lovely at that time and aside from attending the temple event, one can always drive to Kudremukh, Horanadu, Murdeshwar etc in the same trip.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 10:44   #2620
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Gear changes are happening at 2050 rpm now. This will imply two good things for us - first is lesser head bobbing leading to less instances of motion sickness and secondly better fuel efficiency as rpms don't climb higher.
Do post how it goes after a long ghat journey. I'm very interested to know. Its quite a tricky bit to tune auto gear changes based on RPM. On flat roads its certainly earlier the better. But generally car-makers (& AMT unit makers) tune to upshift a bit higher than what we would, to ensure it doesn't bog down in upward inclined roads - like our innumerable ghats. Shifting up early leaves the engine gasping for power & boggs down quickly, having to shift down again. Keeps on confusing itself and fiddling with it. It is especially pronounced if a person drives with light foot by habit. Not much if heavy footed. Maruti for example tunes for early upshifts (Kitna deti hai? is their concern) & with my light footed driving style, my AMT car really behaves silly in ghats.

I have seen in the TIGOR AMT as well, that the upshifts are at higher RPMs than what we'd change if we were changing manually. And it works fine if manually upshifted at earlier RPMs - so there is no power concern for which it needs to be shifted up higher in the RPM range.

I'm sure M&M must have done thorough testing before bringing it down to 2050 RPM. But am really interested in knowing real world experience & smartness of the AMT-ECU combination after this change. Please do post once you know. Thanks!

Last edited by Reinhard : 13th September 2019 at 10:46.
Old 13th September 2019, 14:06   #2621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Do post how it goes after a long ghat journey. I'm very interested to know. Its quite a tricky bit to tune auto gear changes based on RPM. On flat roads its certainly earlier the better. But generally car-makers (& AMT unit makers) tune to upshift a bit higher than what we would, to ensure it doesn't bog down in upward inclined roads - like our innumerable ghats. Shifting up early leaves the engine gasping for power & boggs down quickly, having to shift down again. Keeps on confusing itself and fiddling with it. It is especially pronounced if a person drives with light foot by habit.
Well, TUV AMT manual clearly says that AMT must be used in manual mode on inclines (like ghats).

Does that help ? I dont know. I have followed this approach so far and plan to going forward anyways. 1-3 gear shifts earlier before the upgrade were so lethargic that by the time the gear shift happens, the engine used to lose all momentum.

Now with 2050 rpm shift, it is kind of mandatory to be in manual mode on inclines.
Maddy3008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 14:09   #2622
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well, TUV AMT manual clearly says that AMT must be used in manual mode on inclines (like ghats).
Well for that matter - I use it always in manual mode. I don't like the head-bob in auto mode at wrong moments. If I use auto-mode, I modulate the gear shifts using accelerator lifts at my preferred gear change rpm. It uses those opportunities to upshift.

My point was mainly applicable not to us, but for those who aren't too cool with gear management. My better half for instance. They are the ones for whom many AMT cars are sold. Asking them to shift gears manually especially in tricky situations like ghat isn't the best alternative. Thats why I felt the higher RPM gear shifts make sense - in that point of view only. Otherwise of course lower RPM upshift is better.
Old 13th September 2019, 14:42   #2623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

My point was mainly applicable not to us, but for those who aren't too cool with gear management. My better half for instance. They are the ones for whom many AMT cars are sold. Asking them to shift gears manually especially in tricky situations like ghat isn't the best alternative. Thats why I felt the higher RPM gear shifts make sense - in that point of view only. Otherwise of course lower RPM upshift is better.
I completely agree with you. My wife having driven an automatic CVT civic (with paddle shifters) before I sold it and got the TUV just hasn't gotten her head around driving the tank. I remember struggling for around 2000 odd kms before being confident on driving it in bumper to bumper traffic and specially on inclines.

Add a pathetic brake and you've got yourself a lovely looking ladder on frame boxy shaped SUV with no road manners whatsoever
Maddy3008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 19:05   #2624
BHPian

Saw a camouflaged TUV300 PLUS being tested in Leh. Couldn't get a closer look or any pics as it just crossed by me in a flash. Could be the BSVI engine on road test.
anantpoddar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 09:16   #2625
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantpoddar View Post
Saw a camouflaged TUV300 PLUS being tested in Leh. Couldn't get a closer look or any pics as it just crossed by me in a flash. Could be the BSVI engine on road test.
The TUV 300 Plus is just a side project of Mahindra's. It's like they wanted to know what it feels like to be the evil one in fairy tales of yore; how about the evil woman who mistreats the beautiful Cinderella and keeps her in the basement, clad in tatters? I bet Dr.Pawan Goenka or someone up there in Mahindra felt like wanting to know how it exactly feels to be inside that woman's head, just for sh*ts and giggles.

I mean, God forbid they should plonk in forward-facing 3rd seats while moving the 2nd row back a little (for adding more legroom there). But no, they'd be perpetuating the TUV Plus' misery by plonking in a BS VI engine and all, but no such ergonomic modifications will happen. It's not like they want it to succeed do they?
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks