Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2021, 20:15   #2986
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselburner View Post
Hi,

Mine is Jan-16, T8 manual model with 96k on the ODO, recently I have also observed temperature difference in air coming out from vents, the air from driver side vent is warmer than the center console. However, the AC is working fine in Gurgaon as temp are touching 38-39 levels, I usually use AC in ECO mode & no complaints with the cooling of the cabin till now.

I haven't observed any whistling/humming sound or gas leak as of now. Are there any other sign of AC evaporator going kaput? With extended warranty expired couple of months back, this surely will be an added expense if it has gone wrong

Thanks.
Hi,
I think you are safe , whistle or hum is the main symptom. You are good as long as your AC unit is able to cool even in the summer temperatures .

When the evaporator failed in my TUV, the ac struggled to cool even in winter and when the coolant fully escaped the compressor stopped turning on(by design).
sathyasuri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2021, 11:05   #2987
BHPian

I got this from the alert system today.
"Attention please check the oil pressure it is low"
Should i have the oil level topped up or could it be something more sinister? I park my TUV on a slope, could it be due to that?
Old 18th April 2021, 19:48   #2988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Should i have the oil level topped up or could it be something more sinister? I park my TUV on a slope, could it be due to that?
Would suggest you to check the engine oil level, if it’s at minimum level a top up should do the job. If it still persists a faulty sensor could be a reason.

So far, haven’t heard anything related to such issue by parking on the slope, still you may check it by parking on a flat ground.
Old 18th April 2021, 23:20   #2989
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Check the oil level in the morning before the car is started, if the level looks good, and the oil light goes away after the car is started - it's a loose wiring. Ask them to remove and reinstall during the next service.
Old 7th May 2021, 14:15   #2990
BHPian

Hi Guys, the "Engine!" warning light came on today in the car, and is not going away. There is no difference in the performance of the car in any way, neither any weird smell(s) or sounds. Not sure what is the issue here.
Photos attached. Thoughts please.

EDIT - The light went away on its own after driving back for around 6 kms or so.

Not sure what happened..
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20210507_141151.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20210507_141141.jpg  

Last edited by LegalEagle : 7th May 2021 at 14:35. Reason: Update on issue within 30 minutes
Old 7th May 2021, 14:34   #2991
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalEagle View Post
Hi Guys, the "Engine!" warning light came on today in the car, and is not going away. There is no difference in the performance of the car in any way, neither any weird smell(s) or sounds. Not sure what is the issue here.

Photos attached. Thoughts please.
If the vehicle was parked for a long time, possibility is rats chewing through the EGR tubes, inexpensive. The Co-tech will have a mobile scan tool that can clear the code in a few minutes.
Old 7th May 2021, 14:36   #2992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
If the vehicle was parked for a long time, possibility is rats chewing through the EGR tubes, inexpensive. The Co-tech will have a mobile scan tool that can clear the code in a few minutes.
Hi Kosfactor,

Car has been running frequently and once every 2-3 days. Also the issue disappeared on its own after driving for 6 kms or so, after 30 minutes. Was updating when saw your response.
Old 7th May 2021, 14:50   #2993
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Kosfactor,

Car has been running frequently and once every 2-3 days. Also the issue disappeared on its own after driving for 6 kms or so, after 30 minutes. Was updating when saw your response.
Super! Perhaps a good idea to give it a scan next time. I once blew a fuse while replacing an aftermarket light and got a check engine light as a gift

The cotech got it fixed in minutes, they have a mobile scan tool app.
Old 26th June 2021, 21:15   #2994
Senior - BHPian

One of the parts taking a lot of wear and tear is Upper Case Remote Key. Previously Boodmo could not deliver my order and I bought two pieces from Amazon but one piece was already damaged at arrival, which I had returned. I saw the part available in Boodmo recently and got it. I paid ₹178 for two including shipping, while the MRP is ₹91. Hope Mahindra puts better plastic in future.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20210614_105800.jpg  

airbus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 17:32   #2995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Super! Perhaps a good idea to give it a scan next time. I once blew a fuse while replacing an aftermarket light and got a check engine light as a gift

The cotech got it fixed in minutes, they have a mobile scan tool app.
The problem appeared again. This time took it to the Mahindra ASS. It turned out to be a cracked pipe from the intercooler to the engine feeding it air.

Lesson learnt - Never ignore a problem.
LegalEagle is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 18:08   #2996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
One of the parts taking a lot of wear and tear is Upper Case Remote Key. Previously Boodmo could not deliver my order and I bought two pieces from Amazon but one piece was already damaged at arrival, which I had returned. I saw the part available in Boodmo recently and got it. I paid ₹178 for two including shipping, while the MRP is ₹91. Hope Mahindra puts better plastic in future.
my tanks main key is running out of juice. the lock-unlock key is non-effective at first go. have to press multiple times to get it working.
can i change the battery myself or do i need to replace the keys at dealer?
Old 6th July 2021, 20:14   #2997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetans View Post
can i change the battery myself or do i need to replace the keys at dealer?
You can easily replace the battery. You will need CR1632 (3V) battery. I did it couple of months back and working fine. You may refer this youtube video.
airbus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 22:20   #2998
BHPian

Quote:
The problem appeared again. This time took it to the Mahindra ASS. It turned out to be a cracked pipe from the intercooler to the engine feeding it air.

Lesson learnt - Never ignore a problem.
I had the same problem this April. Due to lockdown couldn't take it to A.S.S in May. Reported it in June during regular service. A.S.S checked and found that one of the intercooler plumbing pipes had a crack. Costs about Rs.520 for replacement.

Symptoms:
1.Engine check light comes on
2. Apparently not much performance difference on 'normal drives'
3. Engine check light goes off after a few 100km and comes back on after sometime.
4. Black smoke from exhaust appears even for a light tap of accelerator pedal.
5. Lack of pulling power on steep inclines and lack of top end during highway drives
6. Mileage drops by more than 2-3kmpl

My car was driven for more than 3 years and 48k kms before this rubber pipe 'hardened' and cracked.
deetee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 12:07   #2999
BHPian

I have been facing an extremely irritating problem lately. During normal driving the speedo meter comes down to zero, gear position indicator shows N, the odo meter stops counting, the car becomes slightly jerky.
During all this, the tachometer works fine.
I have tried all possible solutions like changing gears, pressing the clutch multiple times, slowing down, increasing speed, going over potholes roughly. The dial simply acts dead.
After staying like that for few kms, it springs back to life. Very similar to electrical loose connections.
Its really scary to see the speedo go down to zero when you are cruising at say 100kmph.
Anyone else faced this issue? Any solutions?
(Ill try to post a video soon)
Old 13th July 2021, 09:09   #3000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinz.vivek View Post
I have been facing an extremely irritating problem lately. During normal driving the speedo meter comes down to zero, gear position indicator shows N, the odometer stops counting, the car becomes slightly jerky.
Anyone else faced this issue? Any solutions?
(Ill try to post a video soon)
Video of the issue is here

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks