Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2020, 16:21   #2836
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantpoddar View Post
Have you considered the Harrier or the Hexa. The seating and sturdiness won't be missed so much and you can get a sweet deal on a used Hexa as well.
And if you're considering the EcoSport, you might as well look at the XUV300, unless you want to shun Mahindra altogether.
I love Harrier, but even the base variant is way out of my budget, it is around 16.6 lakhs here. Hexa is too big for my daily usage of 60 kms in Hyderabad traffic. No used vehicles policy with my family, so have to go with a new one only. I was even eying on a used Jeep Compass which was around 13 lakhs, but didn't get blessings of my family.

I got quotation for XUV300 W8 as well, however, my mind and heart were saying not to give my money to Mahindra anymore. Purely emotional decesion.

Ford is quoting 5.5 lakhs on my TUV with additional 7k exchange discount and 5k corporate discount. I am pushing them for 6 lakhs, fingers crossed.

TD vehicle beside my TUV which is being evaluated.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20200729_161404__01.jpg  

Last edited by ramnaresh_2000 : 30th July 2020 at 16:28.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 16:41   #2837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
I think we should just use a piece of rubber seal.
Thanks Kosfactor. Yes, I will also order a P shaped rubber tape for sealing that gap.
Old 28th August 2020, 14:56   #2838
BHPian

Anyone know where to keep these mats? I tried front and back doors bottle holders, but no luck. These are ordered prior to Lockdown 1.0 and received them yesterday, pathetic delivery service by Ecom Express delivery people.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20200828_144653__01.jpg  

Old 1st September 2020, 21:17   #2839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
Still I'd say mail and tweet Mahindra, maybe they will provide a goodwill warranty and whenever you go abroad you can procure another set and keep it as a spare one.
went to MRF Tyredrome for alignment, balancing and water wash. The rusted wheel nuts scared them and they refused to remove the wheels for balancing. Suggested i get it done at ASS. After water wash noticed this rusting... Need to have it sorted out at ASS.Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-rps20200830_112744.jpg
diyguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 16:55   #2840
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
A friend of mine mentions that his TUV stalls when he tries to start the vehicle after a drive. This issue is noticed when the vehicle is started after for the first time the day, so it should not be issue with battery.

However, when starting the vehicle when engine is hot, the vehicle vibrates and stalls.
My friend updates that the issue is not reproduced after Mahindra replaced the starter motor under warranty.
Old 16th September 2020, 23:17   #2841

The rear wheel spinning issue of my TUV 3OO has been bugging me from day 1, but the problem got serious when I went to the hills of Uttarakhand and later, to Darjeeling via the dreaded Pankhabari road. At almost every sharp upward bend, I could hear one of the tyres screaming. I decided to write to Mahindra about it. Surprisingly, customer service took notice and they have decided to inspect my vehicle and, if required, to replace the suspension with a modified one. Appointment booked on Saturday next. Keeping my fingers crossed. Suggestions from fellow Bhpians are welcome.
Old 17th September 2020, 16:26   #2842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepest View Post
The rear wheel spinning issue of my TUV 3OO has been bugging me from day 1, but the problem got serious when I went to the hills of Uttarakhand and later, to Darjeeling via the dreaded Pankhabari road. At almost every sharp upward bend, I could hear one of the tyres screaming. I decided to write to Mahindra about it. Surprisingly, customer service took notice and they have decided to inspect my vehicle and, if required, to replace the suspension with a modified one. Appointment booked on Saturday next. Keeping my fingers crossed. Suggestions from fellow Bhpians are welcome.
In the past, they have replaced the regular differential at the rear with a MLD (Mechanical locking differential) to resolve the issue. With the addition of the MLD, the issue gets more or less resolved.
Old 17th September 2020, 20:30   #2843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Keeping my fingers crossed. Suggestions from fellow Bhpians are welcome.
You can check if Mahindra can replace your rear differential with MLD (Mechanical Locking Differential).

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhikb View Post
In the past, they have replaced the regular differential at the rear with a MLD (Mechanical locking differential) to resolve the issue. With the addition of the MLD, the issue gets more or less resolved.
Right, I have not faced the problem of wheel spinning after I got the MLD installed in July 2017. Replacement was done free of cost under warranty

Last edited by airbus : 17th September 2020 at 20:50. Reason: Minor correction.
Old 17th September 2020, 21:17   #2844

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
You can check if Mahindra can replace your rear differential with MLD (Mechanical Locking Differential).

Right, I have not faced the problem of wheel spinning after I got the MLD installed in July 2017. Replacement was done free of cost under warranty
Thanks to both of you for your kind advice. I asked the service manager about MLD over phone, but he downplayed the requirement and said that it can be done by a modified suspension. I don’t know if this is a new solution by M&M. My car is not under warranty any more, so I don’t know whether MLD will come free of cost. In any case, as long as my wheel spins when I don’t want it to, I’ll keep pestering.
Old 18th September 2020, 09:16   #2845
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to both of you for your kind advice. I asked the service manager about MLD over phone, but he downplayed the requirement and said that it can be done by a modified suspension. I don’t know if this is a new solution by M&M. My car is not under warranty any more, so I don’t know whether MLD will come free of cost. In any case, as long as my wheel spins when I don’t want it to, I’ll keep pestering.
Try adding at least 30 Kg of sandbags, if not luggage, to the 3rd row. That's the cheapest fix that I can think of. Or get 2 folks to sit in the 3rd row. With 7 folks on board, I've done some unthinkable mud-plugging (what was I thinking?) in a slushy road atop Meghamalai last year.

For the record - from January 2018 onwards, Mahindra rejigged many major parts on the TUV 300. The ill-famed coolant hose, modulator, the suspension...everything has been changed. The rear suspension post 2018 is supposed to have a better up-down travel range, thereby allowing a better contact patch with the road. But yes, my Jan 2018 model will spin if I am careless enough. For the most part, the suspension upgrade is sufficient if you ask me as an urban/highway user.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 11:57   #2846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
For the record - from January 2018 onwards, Mahindra rejigged many major parts on the TUV 300. The ill-famed coolant hose, modulator, the suspension...everything has been changed.
Mine is a Dec 2017 manufactured TUV and i have this spin issue, not enough to cause me grief though. On my Sep 1st trip to Yercaud, burnt some rubber climbing up a slope in reverse to park with just me in the car. It is embarrassing but hey, I've learnt to look sheepish and move on.
Old 22nd September 2020, 12:01   #2847
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Mine is a Dec 2017 manufactured TUV and i have this spin issue, not enough to cause me grief though. On my Sep 1st trip to Yercaud, burnt some rubber climbing up a slope in reverse to park with just me in the car. It is embarrassing but hey, I've learnt to look sheepish and move on.
Yes, mine spins when i try to reverse up a slope as well. I am sure that Scorpios, Innovas and other RWD vehicles will do the same too. But if yours spins on your way forward, you need to either avoid such situations or go for a 4x4 conversion. It only costs 5 lakhs INR.
Old 22nd September 2020, 19:58   #2848
Senior - BHPian

My TUV300 will complete five years in December 2020. Although not looking for immediate replacement, but may be sometime later next year. What could be a suitable replacement of the tank? I like the high sitting position with commanding view. Good safety features will be a key requirement and may opt for an automatic transmission.

Last edited by airbus : 22nd September 2020 at 20:00. Reason: Minor correction.
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 20:49   #2849
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
My TUV300 will complete five years in December 2020. Although not looking for immediate replacement, but may be sometime later next year. What could be a suitable replacement of the tank? I like the high sitting position with commanding view. Good safety features will be a key requirement and may opt for an automatic transmission.
You will need to go to the 40L SUV territory for that if you skip the obvious - Scorpio. The road presence, seating position, commanding view is all there and then you drive and see how fast it is and how tall it is - it will surprise you.

Wait for the new Scorpio, the way M&M is going it's going to be interesting to see how they are going to treat the vehicle that changed their fortunes.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 21:04   #2850

Update: Paid a visit to the workshop. They did a test drive and sure enough, one of the rear wheels went berserk even while negotiating the raised entrance at an angle. M&M is now fitting vehicles with a modified suspension instead of MLD kit, as per the works manager. I was offered a fifth year warranty subject to dealership approval for around 13 thousand. Since that will cover my suspension replacement as well as buy me some peace for the next year, I went for it. The parts should arrive by 10 odd days. Will post update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Wait for the new Scorpio, the way M&M is going it's going to be interesting to see how they are going to treat the vehicle that changed their fortunes.
Recently I came across a (leaked) YouTube video of the new Scorpio, and frankly, I didn’t like the design. It looks like the Xylo from behind. If the video is not fake (I wish it is), then I’m not upgrading to Scorpio. Given that it is the only vehicle that matches the height of a TUV, I will be at a loss and clinging to my Beast for a longish time.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th September 2020 at 12:03. Reason: Merged back to back posts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks