Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2018, 12:17   #2086
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
I want to...

My 2018 silver TUV T8 now stands parked next to my Silver 2008 Honda Unicorn ...Will post a review soon.

Thanks again!
Welcome to the club locusjag! Happy driving. Looking forward to your review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
Recently on a trip to Nainital, the TUV T10 again faced the wheelspin issues ...

When the car went to A.S.S., I particularly called the service manager and got it noted down to him but he probably decided to ignore my word/complaint as it's over 2 weeks since I talked to him over the phone and he is yet to get back to me. Kindly drop in your suggestions guys.
Please write to customercare@mahindra.com about your issue, if possible get a video of the wheel spin problem and attach it as well (upload to youtube and share the link in the email). Most of the MLD retrofits in this group were done only by reporting to Mahindra customercare. Some one from customer care will contact you and then arrange for the retrofit.
sathyasuri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2018, 14:06   #2087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
Recently on a trip to Nainital, the TUV T10 again faced the wheelspin issues at a couple of places, ..... Kindly drop in your suggestions guys.
If you can replicate the wheelspin , make a video of it and mail it to M&M . They should be able then approve an MLD fitment.
Am still yet to figure out how to simulate a wheelspin any ideas guys
deetee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2018, 15:06   #2088
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreedharan View Post
Welcome to the club. Happy miles ahead.
Thank you sir! I am somehow reluctant to rack up the miles at the moment and am not taking my TUV for my office runs. But I'll start doing it once the heat kicks in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyasuri View Post
Welcome to the club locusjag! Happy driving. Looking forward to your review.
Thank you sathyasuri. I have the review (among other threads) cooking in the assembly line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
Am still yet to figure out how to simulate a wheelspin any ideas guys
I saw a video on YouTube with the title "TUV vs Bolero Wheel Articulation" where I found a good visual explanation on how to create a wheelspin in the TUV. Please check it out and let me know what you think. I haven't tried it myself though.
Old 5th March 2018, 16:04   #2089
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you sir! I am somehow reluctant to rack up the miles at the moment and am not taking my TUV for my office runs. But I'll start doing it once the heat kicks in.
Don't worry, first 1000Kms it takes to adjust to any new vehicle. First start driving at a steady (cruising) speed on highways, then take it for your daily commute. City commute, in TUV especially, needs attention - 100% of time. So, first get used to dimensions / physics of vehicle in highways. This helps a lot in lowering fears of two wheelers passing you close by. (Tried & tested method.)
shreedharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2018, 16:34   #2090
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreedharan View Post
Don't worry, first 1000Kms it takes to adjust to any new vehicle. First start driving at a steady (cruising) speed on highways, then take it for your daily commute. City commute, in TUV especially, needs attention - 100% of time. So, first get used to dimensions / physics of vehicle in highways. This helps a lot in lowering fears of two wheelers passing you close by. (Tried & tested method.)
I am yet to come to terms with the braking (can't tell when it's begun to bite after pressing on the brake pedal), nor can I tell where the kerb is on the left side while parking, as you sit so high up in the TUV. I hit the front left tyre's sidewall on the kerb while trying to parallel park it outside my sister's home on Sunday.

Not sure about the braking aspect, but I was wondering if I should stick a convex mirror on the left hand side external mirror, just to get a sense of the kerb vis-a-vis the car.
Old 5th March 2018, 19:51   #2091
BHPian

Quote:
.. was wondering if I should stick a convex mirror on the left hand side external mirror, just to get a sense of the kerb vis-a-vis the car.
The dealer has a generic parking assist thingy which I was considering installing in the front, for this very reason. It costs 2700 at the dealer. Unable to attach pic but it is similar to this http://s.aliexpress.com/FRbe6FzQ

Last edited by diyguy : 5th March 2018 at 19:53.
Old 6th March 2018, 11:47   #2092
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
The dealer has a generic parking assist thingy which I was considering installing in the front, for this very reason. It costs 2700 at the dealer. Unable to attach pic but it is similar to this http://s.aliexpress.com/FRbe6FzQ
So there is an option to use the same parking assist sensors elsewhere, which are already installed in the rear-end in T8 and T10?
I don't know, a plain vertical convex mirror strip seems sufficient to me...until then, God forbid that I need to drive on the edge of some hillside road (like the stretch between Hrishikesh - Joshi mutt, or the Mt. Washington auto road)! I am properly unable to judge spaces on the left side of the car.
Old 7th March 2018, 07:39   #2093
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyasuri View Post
Most of the MLD retrofits in this group were done only by reporting to Mahindra customercare. Some one from customer care will contact you and then arrange for the retrofit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
If you can replicate the wheelspin , make a video of it and mail it to M&M . They should be able then approve an MLD fitment.
Thanks for your suggestion mates, yesterday I tweeted the same to Mahindra (Anand too) and within 15 minutes I got a phone call. After having explained the situation, the person on the other side said "Karwa dete hain (will get it done)" for the MLD fitment. Now let's see how it goes.

Quote:
still yet to figure out how to simulate a wheelspin any ideas guys
I haven't done, just explained them the situation and got a verbal approval. The person on other side was some senior customer service official.
Old 7th March 2018, 21:53   #2094
BHPian

It seems that after endurance kit, mahindra is launching adventure kit. Just saw couple of videos on installation of the adventure kits. It is in gun metal color and they have front and rear door cladding, marker lamps with shroud, side skirt, etc. Would be interesting to see if the new kit is successful as the endurance kit and armour kit were not that successful
Old 8th March 2018, 10:20   #2095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monakar View Post
It seems that after endurance kit, mahindra is launching adventure kit. Just saw couple of videos on installation of the adventure kits. It is in gun metal color and they have front and rear door cladding, marker lamps with shroud, side skirt, etc. Would be interesting to see if the new kit is successful as the endurance kit and armour kit were not that successful
The wheel arches & door cladding is uglier than ENDURANCE KIT. Given choice & PRICING, I would combine front & rear bumper kits of ADVENTURE set with side, wheel & door cladding of ENDURANCE set.

At 50K, Endurance kit was bound to fail. I had posted photos of actual KIT which was few shades down in quality from the KIT shown at AUTO EXPO.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4165868

Regards-Sonu
Old 8th March 2018, 10:50   #2096
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
The wheel arches & door cladding is uglier than ENDURANCE KIT.
I searched YouTube for this new adventure kit, but unable to find it. Could you please link it here. Thanks
Old 8th March 2018, 12:26   #2097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I searched YouTube for this new adventure kit, but unable to find it. Could you please link it here. Thanks
Found these from youtube search

knightrider_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2018, 21:07   #2098
BHPian

Quote:
I want to thank the kind souls on this forum who patiently guided me through my long purchase journey.
Congrats locusjag for the tank.. Looking forward to your ownership experience. Unfortunately I couldn't go ahead with the tank and now happily settled with Nexon XZ+ D.
pious_devil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2018, 21:47   #2099
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pious_devil View Post
Congrats locusjag for the tank.. Looking forward to your ownership experience. Unfortunately I couldn't go ahead with the tank and now happily settled with Nexon XZ+ D.
Thank you sir. If not for your great research on how BS 4 diesel engines would fare with BS 6 diesel, I probably would still be in 'pause' mode!

Congrats to you for the Nexon! I eyed the Nexon too but somehow, ever since the launch of the TUV in 2015, I've had a thing for it. Just acted out my thing in the end. Besides, I wanted maximum seating capacity and comfort within the 4m mark.
Old 11th March 2018, 10:30   #2100
BHPian

Hi All,

Happy to inform that I have gotten myself a handsome black (yeah one more on Team-BHP !) 'Baloo'. Its a top the line (T10) single colour AMT variant.

I had booked the vehicle in Jan and got the delivery on 5-Mar. I am yet to stretch its legs due to lack of RTO formalities.

Thanks to this forum, AutoIndian's ownership thread and my own road trip on a TUV sealed the vehicle, the variant and the colour.

Accessories fitted: Rain visor, Rear parking camera, 3M mats

I have also given Baloo a 3M underbody and engine protection coat.

Early days with the beast but thoroughly enjoying the attention its garnering within the society parking and the small runs it is making !
Maddy3008 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks