Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
[B to B Insurance: 43,366
Incidental charges: 5,900
Shield warranty: 8,540
RSA: 2,021
Std fitment: 4,812

* What would a 'B2B' insurance policy cover?
You can take out the Shield warranty and add it at any time. It is a must in my opinion though.
B2B is bumper to bumper zero depreciation insurance.
Take insurance outside - I took it from Royal Sundaram. They bundle RSA free of cost with the insurance and going by your value, you can get it from Royal Sundaram or any other provider of your choice for about 25K. I paid 30K for the T10 AMT.
Incidental charge, i forgot what it is for. For the std fitment, I believe you should get 5K worth accessories free.

Last edited by diyguy : 8th February 2018 at 13:56.
diyguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 14:27   #2042
BHPian

The big boy is here. XUV 700. Looks dashing and very muscular. 20 lacs starting price is very competitive. It would be really interesting to see the impact on Fortuner and Endeavor.

https://www.cartoq.com/mahindra-rext...018-auto-expo/
Old 8th February 2018, 14:38   #2043
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
You can take out the Shield warranty and add it at any time. It is a must in my opinion though.
B2B is bumper to bumper zero depreciation insurance.
Take insurance outside - I took it from Royal Sundaram. They bundle RSA free of cost with the insurance and going by your value, you can get it from Royal Sundaram or any other provider of your choice for about 25K. I paid 30K for the T10 AMT.
Incidental charge, i forgot what it is for. For the std fitment, I believe you should get 5K worth accessories free.
I will get the Shield Warranty for the 4th and 5th years. I agree that it is a must.

For Zero Dep insurance, via Policybazaar.com, i'm getting quotes where TATA AIG, New India assurance and Royal Sundaram seem favorable in terms of IDV (higher the better), their claim settlement ratios (the higher the better), incurred claim ratios (the lower the better) and of course, their quoted premiums. New India assurance's is Rs.18K, while Royal Sundaram's is Rs.28K. Tata AIG seems the best at Rs.21K.

I'll have to tell the salesperson that I'm not getting the insurance that he's selling.
Old 8th February 2018, 16:09   #2044
BHPian

Quote:
@ All,

Ex-showroom cost: 941,546

B to B Insurance: 43,366

* Are the Incidental and Std fitment charges legal? These sound similar to the out-lawed dealer handling charges.
The Insurance for my Hexa at 15,48,435/- IDV was 47,148/- B2B (Zero Dep). I seriously find your insurance quote on a very higher side. Do get a quote independently from the market or online service providers and ask your dealer to match it with the lowest offer.
Mine insurance is from Reliance.
naddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 21:56   #2045
BHPian

Quote:
I will get the Shield Warranty for the 4th and 5th years. I agree that it is a must.

For Zero Dep insurance, via Policybazaar.com, i'm getting quotes where TATA AIG, New India assurance and Royal Sundaram seem favorable in terms of IDV (higher the better), their claim settlement ratios (the higher the better), incurred claim ratios (the lower the better) and of course, their quoted premiums. New India assurance's is Rs.18K, while Royal Sundaram's is Rs.28K. Tata AIG seems the best at Rs.21K.

I'll have to tell the salesperson that I'm not getting the insurance that he's selling.
Many times policy bazaar quotes doesn't include GST. I suggest check directly on insurance provider page.
I bought T8 MT variant in Hyderabad.
The price I paid is (exshowroom - discount) + lifetax + temp reg + hypothication fees . That's all , no forced accessories , no handling charges or other nonsense. I bought zero dep b2b insurance from Royal Sundaram online for 25k , one day before delivery. It was hassle free.
deetee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 01:08   #2046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
Can you try parking again on the slope and check if there is any spill.
parked on the slope this morning and left to work. Back after 13 hours and sure enough there was an oil spill. Will be taking it in tomorrow to the workshop to get it checked. The photo of the spill is here
https://imgur.com/gallery/4sgiT
Old 9th February 2018, 06:50   #2047
BHPian

Quote:
parked on the slope this morning and left to work. Back after 13 hours and sure enough there was an oil spill. Will be taking it in tomorrow to the workshop to get it checked. The photo of the spill is here
https://imgur.com/gallery/4sgiT
Hmm that seems to be some seal/ joint leak. However it need to be seen whether this problem occurs in other TUVs too if parked on such slopes. I don't have a slope to test that. In any case taking it to service centre is good idea.
Old 9th February 2018, 15:31   #2048
BHPian

Quote:
Hmm that seems to be some seal/ joint leak. However it need to be seen whether this problem occurs in other TUVs too if parked on such slopes.
It was a seal that was damaged in the transmission and he mentioned the rear oil was leaking. On arrival the GM of the service center helped with a quick resolution. He had the car quickly elevated and we could see the oil drops from the transmission. Luckily they had stock and replaced it for me. This was in all likelihood due to the crash of my car by their driver.
They also suggested if anyone has difficulties with the slow response of the AMT they have a firmware that will make it more responsive but he would need 4 hrs time for that as he said the engine should cool. I have planned it for a later date.
Old 9th February 2018, 17:24   #2049
BHPian

Quote:
@ All,

Alright. I'm approaching the business-end of my purchase journey.

Please help me by double-checking if everything looks okay and also to spot any areas I can shed weight on. This is the quotation I have received for my Silver T8 MT from Zulaikha Motors, Velachery:

Lifetime tax: 97,046
Total: 11,03,141

* Are the Incidental and Std fitment charges legal? These sound similar to the out-lawed dealer handling charges.
The quote looks on a higher side to me.
Try buying insurance online, that way you can save a decent amount.
Go for shield warranty, it is good to have peace of mind if you wish to keep car for 5 yrs.
Tell dealership to remove incidental charges, RSA & standard fitment charges. RSA is almost in all insurance policies for a very small amount, also M&M is giving free RSA for 1st year.
Old 9th February 2018, 18:30   #2050
BHPian

Quote:
... On arrival the GM of the service center helped with a quick resolution. He had the car quickly elevated and we could see the oil drops from the transmission
They also suggested if anyone has difficulties with the slow response of the AMT they have a firmware that will make it more responsive but he would need 4 hrs time for that as he said the engine should cool...
It's nice to know that you are getting good response from service centre. Hope it is resolved for good.

If they could truly improve the responsiveness of AMT and fix the stubborn niggles reported by users , am sure many buyers will queue up for AMT variants.
Old 10th February 2018, 03:55   #2051
BHPian

Quote:

Lifetime tax: 97,046
Total: 11,03,141
Hi locusjag, congratulations on your purchase. Wishing you a niggle free ownership.

Coming to the break up, there's plenty of scope for reductions.

1) In Chennai, the LTT is 10% of the ex showroom price if it is below 10 lakh. I believe they have included agent "fee" in the price list.

2) insurance is on the higher side. You can easily knock off at least 7K if you approach the insurance guys personally.

3) incidental charges are illegal and have been billed extra.

4) Not sure if the standard fitments are worth 5000.

On the whole, you can shave off another 15K from the final price.

Good luck with your purchase.
arunramaswamy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2018, 06:41   #2052
BHPian

Quote:
It's nice to know that you are getting good response from service centre. Hope it is resolved for good.
The service support has been good but I would have liked them to have caught this earlier in inspection. I do not think they did their due diligence, though I have been pressing them on damages to other parts due to the impact. Here are the links to the leak. I hope I don't uncover more such issues. The good thing is the service folks have promised to fix anything I find but who knows when their patience runs out.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-gvm3bam.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-a9k6odv.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-wteegru.jpg

Here's a pic of the Alto that got stuck between the TUV and the wall

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-b7efbo2.jpg

Tuv fixed

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-2izazjr.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-mdt8lki.jpg

Mod Note: It is imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here to view our pictorial help article on uploading pics.

Please submit images ONLY via the Team-BHP Attachment System.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 6th March 2018 at 13:15.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2018, 18:33   #2053
BHPian

That Alto looks totalled. Boy ! Unbelievable that it is a slow speed crash. Appears the driver was stepping on gas instead of brake.
Is the trans axle leak related to the collision?
Old 10th February 2018, 20:41   #2054
BHPian

Quote:
Appears the driver was stepping on gas instead of brake.
Is the trans axle leak related to the collision?
The driver disappeared from the scene and I feel he floored the accelerator as he got a delayed response from the AMT. The transmission leak looks to be a by product of the collision.
Old 10th February 2018, 23:27   #2055
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
Hi locusjag, congratulations on your purchase. Wishing you a niggle free ownership.

Coming to the break up, there's plenty of scope for reductions.

1) In Chennai, the LTT is 10% of the ex showroom price if it is below 10 lakh. I believe they have included agent "fee" in the price list.

2) insurance is on the higher side. You can easily knock off at least 7K if you approach the insurance guys personally.

3) incidental charges are illegal and have been billed extra.

4) Not sure if the standard fitments are worth 5000.

On the whole, you can shave off another 15K from the final price.

Good luck with your purchase.
Thank you sir!

About the agent fee within the LTT, is this something worth asking them about? This and the incidental charges may sour my transaction with them. I already asked them about the (il)legality of their incidental charges and they're not backing down. I feel I may need to cancel my booking if they persist with illegal stuff. I just did the booking today.

Regarding the insurance, I have a quote from Tata AIG for 22k. It has b2b and some other stuff thrown in.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks