Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2018, 17:11   #2101
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddy3008 View Post
Hi All,

Happy to inform that I have gotten myself a handsome black (yeah one more on Team-BHP !) 'Baloo'. Its a top the line (T10) single colour AMT variant.
Many congratulations Maddy3008 on getting your black beast. Here's wishing you thousands of happy (s)miles with your car.
Quote:
Thanks to this forum, AutoIndian's ownership thread and my own road trip on a TUV sealed the vehicle, the variant and the colour.
Good to know that my ownership thread helped you make the decision to go for the TYV 3OO. It's almost 2.5 years now that the TUV was launched. Most of the niggles have been sorted out and for me my Orange Tank has been quite reliable in the last 2.4 years and 33.5K kms.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2018, 21:49   #2102

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN REX View Post
Instead change over to OEM 15" alloys using the present tyres, get a RD tuning box and enjoy the 118 BHP / 320 nM torque TUV.
And for the rest of the money, give me a call. We will find a way to finish it off.
Can you please suggest a good brand which will provide enough grip for my TUV? I’m planning a trip to Sikkim, but the stock tyres are not good enough for steeps. Mine has clocked 22000. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by ampere : 11th March 2018 at 22:21. Reason: fixed quotes
Old 11th March 2018, 22:09   #2103
BHPian

Congrats on choosing the tank. Today a T10 Tank overtook me and all that I could observe while following it was. It has better articulation probably due to changes in suspensions. And hence I assume that the rear wheel spin shall no longer remain a problem and hence need for MLD shall not be a need any further.

Mod Note: Please avoid typing like... this....

Last edited by ampere : 11th March 2018 at 22:19.
Old 11th March 2018, 22:55   #2104
BANNED

Update:
The A.S.S. guys took the car with them, made a video and sent it to Mahindra, the part (MLD) has been ordered and will be replacing the stock differential as soon as it arrives.
Old 12th March 2018, 18:57   #2105
Distinguished - BHPian

I too suspect that newer TUVs have been improved so as to have improved wheel articulation, in order to overcome the infamous wheelspins. I had a minor offroading experience in a lesser developed part of Chennai yesterday.
I ended up taking a couple of humps of 1-2 feet elevation at an angle (the most prominent occurrence of TUV wheelspins was in such a scenario, as I understand it; to avoid the wheelspin in TUVs which do face the issue, you have to take any humps head-on). The tank simply pushed its way through them. I did have my wife and baby in the 2nd row though; it could be that their added weight in the 2nd row saw us through.
locusjag is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2018, 21:15   #2106
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by monakar View Post
It has better articulation probably due to changes in suspensions. And hence I assume that the rear wheel spin shall no longer remain a problem and hence need for MLD shall not be a need any further.
Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
I ended up taking a couple of humps of 1-2 feet elevation at an angle (the most prominent occurrence of TUV wheelspins was in such a scenario, as I understand it; to avoid the wheelspin in TUVs which do face the issue, you have to take any humps head-on). The tank simply pushed its way through them.
I really suspect if any major changes can be made to the suspension without making some major changes in the chassis design itself.

Any ways, if this is true then having an MLD will sweeten the things further and simply make TUV the most capable 4x2 SUV compared to even the ones priced twice; MLD makes it virtually a go anywhere vehicle and that itself is a huge advantage in its own.
Old 12th March 2018, 23:28   #2107
BHPian

The infamous coolant level drop is still haunting. My tank has now run close to 37k and today morning I found the collant reservoir empty. . Filled it with water as I did not have the coolant and rushed to MAS at Aurangabad. They found hose covered with thick layer of leaked coolant. As they did not have the replacement, have to wait now. I realized that it is essential to keep a bottle of coolant always in the tank.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-20180312_100924.jpg  

monakar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 08:39   #2108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
MLD makes it virtually a go anywhere vehicle and that itself is a huge advantage in its own.
MLD by definition helps when 1 wheel has traction and the other doesn't. In situations where both wheels will loose traction, MLD doesn't help.

Quote:
The infamous coolant level drop is still haunting
Get the thermostat hose pipe changed. I think Airbus and few others had mentioned this earlier as a solution to coolant drop.
procrj is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 13:11   #2109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The infamous coolant level drop is still haunting.
I realized that it is essential to keep a bottle of coolant always in the tank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Get the thermostat hose pipe changed. I think Airbus and few others had mentioned this earlier as a solution to coolant drop.
Yes, I got my hose thermostat inlet replaced in August 2017. No abnormal coolant level drop since then. I still keep a coolant bottle in my Tank, but have not had to open the seal yet. Please refer the below post:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4247447
airbus is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2018, 10:40   #2110
BHPian

I think the coolant issue has been sorted out in recent batches of TUV. In the past 4000 odd km my tank didn't show any reduction of coolant levels.

However, as am typing this, my tank is undergoing a minor operation in the mechanics bay. Yesterday there was tak tak noise started coming from clutch pedal every time it's depressed.
Early this morning brought the vehicle to M.A.S. S and they diagnosed it as a master cylinder failure ( that's what they told me) . They are replacing this part shown in the image. Emptied brake fluid to remove this. Refilled it after repair and then are bleeding the brakes. Quite a bit of work for a small clicking noise .
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20180315_095151_hht.jpg  

deetee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2018, 11:55   #2111
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
However, as am typing this, my tank is undergoing a minor operation in the mechanics bay. Yesterday there was tak tak noise started coming from clutch pedal every time it's depressed.
Early this morning brought the vehicle to M.A.S. S and they diagnosed it as a master cylinder failure...
Seeing these many issues in a brand new model made me wonder why it is still called a "Tank", because in real world, a "tank" is supposed to serve you even in extreme conditions. In case of TUV, it raises questions on your mind on good roads, forget about extreme conditions.

Now I assume that in case of TUV, the meaning of "tank" is different. Please find below what a quick search gives in Google.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-tank.jpg

Mahindra has platforms like Scorpio and Bolero, and I don't think they are as faulty as this tuv. Did they use something completely new and ended up in this situation? Is something from Ssangyong platform is used?

Last edited by romeomidhun : 15th March 2018 at 12:22.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2018, 12:12   #2112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Seeing these ma y issues in a brand new model made me wonder why it is still called a "Tank", because in real world, a "tank" is supposed to serve you in extreme conditions. Nobody will go for a war with a faulty "tank"
Well, even a battle tank can have some early mechanical niggles. Even very expensive German or Japanese machines have these. By Mahindra's previous making standards, TUV is leaps and bounds improved in quality and feel. Not fair to point a few issues and raise hell.

And as for why this is called a tank (of cars) , one only can realise it when they go for a drive in it.
In fact , just like a battle tank , one gets tossed all around in bad roads

Edit: my tank got discharged and is home. Everything covered under warranty except my time . All is well.

Last edited by deetee : 15th March 2018 at 12:14.
deetee is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th March 2018, 12:49   #2113
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone checked out this Mahindra Genuine Accessory for the TUV 300 T8?

It's a touchscreen ICE unit which comes with GPS and navigation from mapmyindia. I wonder why I could never find out about this earlier!

The TUV 300 (ATU0102 MMI) infotainment ICENAV101, with connector and bezel

locusjag is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 20:35   #2114
BHPian

On 14th, I got the hose pipe changed and also insisted to change the inlet pipe for thermostat. In the process, fuel filter was also changed (I did not fully understand the reason though). Yesterday I drove for about 50 km which was in city at moderate speed. Today morning I checked the coolant level just out of curiosity and it was completely empty again. There was not a drop of coolant on the parking floor. If entire coolant had leaked in just 1 day, there should have been some leakage visible on floor.
So took back the tank to MAS. In the evening got a call from service advisor mentioning that they have changed oil cooler and want to keep the vehicle overnight to check for leakage. Now need help to understand what is this oil cooler; what is it purpose ; how does it work and what corelation it may have with coolant level.
Old 17th March 2018, 07:58   #2115
BHPian

Posting side by side pictures of Bolero power plus and TUV300.
Both vehicles are of same length. Yet the old Bolero looks much more proportionate, have a very long bonnet too. One cannot even tell this is a sub-4 meter vehicle.
And TUV300 unmistakably looks like a sub-4 meter SUV in spite of having a modern but similar squarish design philosophy.

Its really hard to imagine where the side profile difference has gone/adjusted.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-bolero_power_plus.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-tuv300.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks