Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2015, 07:22   #301
BANNED

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight View Post
Hey Shashanka,

AMT did not fail as per M&M, it was fuel delivery module which was faulty and made the car jerk and reduce speed. Everything is well now, please see my thread on this topic for details.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...downshift.html
Thanks Silverknight - that was a load of my mind. Being a confirmed M&M rooter I felt a sense of disappointment that a seminal item like the AMT (and that too from ZF, no less) should fail so soon came as a jolt. Good to know that it was a more mundane issue (fuel module) - tho' what the problem was with this is also something I'm looking forward to hearing in your report.
Regards
Old 20th November 2015, 08:09   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant kar View Post
The Tank has done 1600 kms, so far a smooth sailing.
Nishant - did you change engine oil? I understand that the first service & oil change is due only after 3000 km but personally I think it would be better to change engine oil after 1500 km so that you limit the impact of metal particles/other impurities.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 17:33   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Nishant - did you change engine oil? I understand that the first service & oil change is due only after 3000 km but personally I think it would be better to change engine oil after 1500 km so that you limit the impact of metal particles/other impurities.
No haven't changed oil. I will be following Mahindra's schedule. Fuel efficiency figures has been 13.2 kmpl on first fill and the rest two fills have been 14.9 & 14.8 kmpl. I really miss the instantaneous avg display that I had in my Linea.
nishant kar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2015, 11:29   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kings07 View Post
White polar bear - TUV T8 AMT arrived home during this Diwali.
Congratulations kings07. Welcome to the clan of tank owners !

Quote:
Finally booked the Tank today. Now the wait begins! Edit: T8 Manual Red
I am extremely delighted to know that you have booked a dynamo red TUV T8.

Updates :

Current Odometer reading : 1020 Kms
Drove on NH17 and NH48 this week (Mangalore to Hattiangadi/Kundapur & Mangalore to Narahari Hill/Bantwal)
Average speed - 80 kmph
Maximum speed - 100 kmph

New Observations : I faced these two minor issues this week.
  • Clutch was making a low-pitched squeaking noise while being pressed.
  • At slow speed( between 0-40 kmph inside the city) I could hear a low-pitched clunking sound below the front right side of the vehicle. It isn't audible when the blower is high.
Please pardon me for my ignorance with respect to the use of technical terms. My knowledge is very limited when it comes to technical and mechanical information.I had visited M&M service centre yesterday accompanied by my brother to resolve the above mentioned issues. It was my first visit .The squeaking noise from the clutch was addressed and it is perfectly fine now. But the second issue hasn't been resolved yet. I was told that the clunking sound on slow accelerations was due to faulty resonator. I learnt that other TUV customers have also complained about the same issue with this dealership and there has been a recall for this part.The required part was not available in the service centre and I've been asked to visit them next week to replace it. If anyone of you have come across the same issue in your vehicle please check with your respective service centres.

Apart from the minor flaws/glitches, I still love the drivability of the tank. Had an opportunity to do some off-roading too. I'm confident this vehicle will definitely win a lot of hearts. Especially of those who are looking for a compact SUV below 10 lakhs that offers abundant space, safety features and which could just drive through any type of road. I do understand that it isn't a 4WD. But there is something very unique about the tank !!! What entices me is the ease of driving, the capability to take on horrible terrible pot holes, roomy cabin and the comfort of driving because of the uniquely designed driver seat. Planning to visit Somnath temple, Gujrath next month via Kolhapur, Pune, Bhima Shankar. It will definitely be a great trip on the TUV.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-image.jpg  

Titanium is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2015, 12:20   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium
Planning to visit Somnath temple, Gujrath next month via Kolhapur, Pune, Bhima Shankar. It will definitely be a great trip on the TUV.
Wow! That's going to be a great trip on the tank. With the tank's leisurely drivability, the distance is going to be a breeze. Enjoy :clap
narenteam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2015, 13:19   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
Updates : Current Odometer reading : 1020 Kms
Congratulations on completing the 1000 km milestone. My odo is just @ 650kms. I will have to do some catching up with you.

Quote:
I faced these two minor issues this week.
  • Clutch was making a low-pitched squeaking noise while being pressed.
  • At slow speed( between 0-40 kmph inside the city) I could hear a low-pitched clunking sound below the front right side of the vehicle. It isn't audible when the blower is high.
If anyone of you have come across the same issue in your vehicle please check with your respective service centres.
Strange, I haven't yet observed any such issues in my car (touchwood). However will keep a close watch for both of these. The only issue that I have is an odd "buzzing" sound of the right driver side window glass due to resonation perhaps. However a slight lowering or taking up of the window glass makes this sound vanish.
Quote:
Planning to visit Somnath temple, Gujrath next month via Kolhapur, Pune, Bhima Shankar. It will definitely be a great trip on the TUV.
That would be one heck of a trip. Do let me know on what date you are planning to do Pune-Bhimashankar route. If time permits and if it is not going to cause you any inconvenience, then my tank can join yours along with my family enroute Pune to Bhimashankar. I have recently done this trip in the month of May, so well versed with the roads, eateries and other stuff enroute.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2015, 21:17   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narenteam View Post
Wow! That's going to be a great trip on the tank. With the tank's leisurely drivability, the distance is going to be a breeze. Enjoy :clap
Thanks Narenteam. I've been planning to visit Somnath since last year. But somehow it didn't materialise. I am hoping that this time my wish will be fulfilled with the tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Congratulations on completing the 1000 km milestone. My odo is just @ 650kms. I will have to do some catching up with you.
Strange, I haven't yet observed any such issues in my car (touchwood). However will keep a close watch for both of these. The only issue that I have is an odd "buzzing" sound of the right driver side window glass due to resonation perhaps. However a slight lowering or taking up of the window glass makes this sound vanish.That would be one heck of a trip. Do let me know on what date you are planning to do Pune-Bhimashankar route. If time permits and if it is not going to cause you any inconvenience, then my tank can join yours along with my family enroute Pune to Bhimashankar. I have recently done this trip in the month of May, so well versed with the roads, eateries and other stuff enroute.
Thanks AutoIndian. The clunking sound is audible only at slow speed and it isn't continuous. It's heard once in every 20-30 seconds.
The trip date isn't finalised yet, but I might be travelling during my son's Christmas holidays. I have to coordinate with my parents and siblings regarding the date and their availability. Also, we have to cover all the places in 7 days with no night driving. Will definitely let you know once the Pune-Bhimashankar journey date is confirmed. It is really very nice of you to ask me though. Thank you so much.
Slightly OT, but I have visited Bhimashankar before in 2006 during my two years stay in Pune(Pimple Saudagar/ Aundh). I remember that we had to cross Dakini forest to visit the beautiful ancient temple. I must say that Pune is a beautiful city and I loved it. If possible do visit Matheran, Bhandardhara and Ganapatipule. They are less than 6-7 hours drive from Pune. In the last 13 years, I have lived in three cities in India(Bangalore, Mumbai & Pune) before moving to Chicago. So, I had an opportunity to visit different places around Maharashtra. I hope that my tank will take me to those places once again.
Titanium is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 09:12   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight View Post
Received a call from customer care manager at 10pm that tyey found the problem and fixed it. Fuel delivery module was faulty due to which engine lost power.
Glad that all has been sorted out. One really will feel disgusted when a new car fails in the middle of the road and leave you stranded. Luckily, you had managed to get back home and then get things organised. Anyways happy that the tank is back on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kings07 View Post
White polar bear - TUV T8 AMT arrived home during this Diwali.
Congrats kings07 on the tank, and welcome to the club of proud tank owners. Nice pictures, especially the ones next to the Ecosport and the Bolero. The tank definitely towers over the Ecosport and hold good with the Bolero. Do put up an ownership review on your tank. Happy miles with smiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant kar View Post
The Tank has done 1600 kms, so far a smooth sailing. Yesterday morning i had foot in mouth moment when i cranked the Tank and no response, repeated a few times with the same result. Did the tank in neutral and viola it came to life, all my other car do take self when in gears. So its a good feature after all.
Thanx for the pointer Nishant. I usually shift to neutral and crank the engine with the clutch fully depressed. After reading your post, tried to start the tank in gear, and viola - it started first crank. So looks like M&M are randomly configuring the car.

Quote:
Finally booked the Tank today. Now the wait begins!

Edit: T8 Manual Red
Wow Rj, finally! And true as you said, the wait begins. And it is painful.
Once you get your car, I know that you are going to come up with a lot new pointers for the rest of us with the amount of checks/research that you have carried out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
Terrific procrj! And now will look forward to your posts too, together with AutoIndian's, Silverknight's, T-Rex's and all the other happy TUV owners!
Thanx shashanka for turning me into a beast caged in a tank.

Quote:
The clunking sound is audible only at slow speed and it isn't continuous. It's heard once in every 20-30 seconds.
Titanium, are these sounds something like 'whooop' and coming from the right while accelerating or releasing the accelerator ? This could be due to a faulty vacuum modulator (as per the MASS personnel). I had this whining 'whoomp' sound and they said the vacuum modulator was replaced.

PROBABLE RECALL OF TUVs.

Want to share some info that I got from the service station.
Completed just 2000 km, but I had to visit the workshop on Friday, last week for a few complaints that I have been experiencing. I have updated them on my ownership review.
One of the problems was a whining 'whooooomp' noise coming from the engine and seemed to be located somewhere on the right side. The noise started about a week back, when it was just a second long whine when accelerating and releasing the accelerator. Gradually the period of the noise started increasing and sometime it used to last for around 3 to 4 seconds. This occurs only once the engine is warmed up after running for about 2 to 3 km, and did not notice this immediately upon start.
The workshop diagnosed this as a faulty vacuum modulator which was replaced and the sound stopped. The vacuum modulator hose also has to be replaced with one with a larger opening. No stock as yet.
The information from the MASS is that there might be a recall of Tanks to replace this hose with a larger diameter hose. The Technical Manager mentioned that a confirmation has not come as yet and the chances are high. Quite a few TUVs had called in with the same issue at their workshop.

Fuel consumption has dropped to 10.7 kmpl last refill. Hoping this to be due to the flooded Chennai roads and the related traffic jams, coupled with the vacuum modulator problem. Will update on next refill.

Last edited by CAPTAIN REX : 23rd November 2015 at 09:18. Reason: Additional info
CAPTAIN REX is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 10:05   #309
BHPian

A weekend getaway at Tapola with my family and my newly acquired RedBull.

It was an sudden program and it's nothing new to my family . I have done it many times (with my Punto) and I did it again. Requested wifey to pack luggage for min 2 days. Destination was Tapola (Near Mahabaleshwar). I wanted a cut off myself from phone, internet for couple of days.

Route was Mumbai - Goa highway for Tapola via Mahabaleshwar. Came across couple of accidents with 8-9 cars involved and because of this had to do off-roading to avoid traffic jam. And I was very happy to see how well TUV can handle off road (Well, it was not actual off-roading but even though It was good to see the vehicle drove excellent).

(Please ignore the picture quality as it was taken from phone camera.)

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20151120_131500.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20151120_131503.jpg

Overall, the drive was awesome. My RedBull did well on hills, though the occupancy was less and that's how it will be in my case. It sailed brilliantly on potholes, rough roads and drove excellent on highways as well.

I'm still finding the best position for driving. Felt little pain on thighs after non stop drive from Mahabaleshwar to Mumbai. I have done many long drives earlier in my Punto (From Mumbai to Jaipur) and never felt tired. Well, I'll figure out the best sitting posture soon .

Braking need more of my attention to get more smooth control while stopping this beast.

So here's few pics taken from my recent trip of my RedBull!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-cf1_5720.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-cf1_5771.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-cf1_5778.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-cf1_5782.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-cf1_5854.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-cf1_5825.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-cf1_5858.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-cf1_5855.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-cf1_5788.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-cf1_6279.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-cf1_6284.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-cf1_6292.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-cf1_6297.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-cf1_5682.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-cf1_5677.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-cf1_5671.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-cf1_5691.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-cf1_5699.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-cf1_5701.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-cf1_5674.jpg  

sandev is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 11:13   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandev View Post

It was an sudden program and it's nothing new to my family . I have done it many times (with my Punto) and I did it again. Requested wifey to pack luggage for min 2 days. Destination was Tapola (Near Mahabaleshwar). I wanted a cut off myself from phone, internet for couple of days.
The first thing which comes to my mind after seeing your post is WOW !!
Indeed the Tank belong to these places. Its always good to plan our journeys but unplanned destinations have their own flavors. Wish you many more miles with the tank.

Wish: A comprehensive ownership report with those amazing shots.
Old 23rd November 2015, 12:25   #311
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN REX View Post
Thanx shashanka for turning me into a beast caged in a tank.
My sincere apologies, Capt.Sa'b! The idea was not Jurassic! I just thought I'd lighten the situation a bit - in the midst of all the serious talk about FE, highway milage, low-end drivability, AMT performance and all the rest of it!

Once again my apologies and no offence intended.

Regards,
Shashanka
Old 23rd November 2015, 13:31   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN REX View Post
Titanium, are these sounds something like 'whooop' and coming from the right while accelerating or releasing the accelerator ? This could be due to a faulty vacuum modulator (as per the MASS personnel). I had this whining 'whoomp' sound and they said the vacuum modulator was replaced.
PROBABLE RECALL OF TUVs.
You are absolutely right, Captain Rex. It is exactly the same. Initially the service advisor told me that it was due to a faulty vacuum modulator but later he used the term resonator. Are they same? As the part was not in stock, I've been asked to visit after 4-5 days to replace it. Also, they clearly mentioned that there has been a recall for the same issue.

Quote:
Mind blowing pictures, Sandev! You are an ace photographer and your Red Bull looks absolutely stunning.

This may sound silly, but I have a question for everyone. Does your M&M service centre has a different lounge for XUV customers? Two different lounges !! I haven't experienced this in any other car manufacturer's service centre. An ordinary lounge for other customers and a plush lounge for XUV customers. Here's a picture of the customer lounge and the notice at the entrance. I've merged the pictures. I'm just curious to know why the discrimination?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-image.jpg  

Titanium is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 14:13   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Wonderful pictures there Sandeep. Did you take the Poladpur ghat while going to Mahabaleshwar or there was some different route? How did the car perform in the ghats? Any point in time on the highway did you feel lack of power for overtaking?

There is one picture of your RedBull in slightly overcast condition and pardon me for saying this again, but it looked more like a Molten Orange colour in that background, nevertheless absolutely smashing. Perfect backdrop for the RedBull to show off. The tank belongs to these wild locales, green jungles.

On a side note, happy to inform to the team that my ownership report has gone live couple of hours back. Here is the link to that ----> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...rspective.html

Do visit there and give your feedback. I have made an honest attempt to pen down my review. However the short duration of 2 weeks and just 650 kms under the belt won't cover all the pros and cons of the car. Moreover the absence of registration number is holding me from taking my tank on long highway drives. However next month, once I get the number plates installed in my car, I will unleash my tank and then there will be no looking back . Will keep adding my experiences to my review.
Old 23rd November 2015, 14:37   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandev
Absolutely stunning pics of the tank! Are you a pro photographer?
The location is lovely and the tank deserved all the pampering.
Old 23rd November 2015, 18:28   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Wonderful pictures there Sandeep. Did you take the Poladpur ghat while going to Mahabaleshwar or there was some different route? How did the car perform in the ghats? Any point in time on the highway did you feel lack of power for overtaking?
Thanks AutoIndian, glad you all liked the pics. Yes I took the Poladpur ghat. RedBull has not crossed yet 2000 RPM until now and we were gently letting everyone overtake us. However I never felt underpower any point of time. Not even on ghats.

Many congratulations over your new ownership thread. Thanks for bringing it up, I'll certainly follow it.

Quote:
Mind blowing pictures, Sandev! You are an ace photographer and your Red Bull looks absolutely stunning.
Thanks Titanium for the appreciation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narenteam View Post
Absolutely stunning pics of the tank! Are you a pro photographer?
The location is lovely and the tank deserved all the pampering.
Hey Narenteam, thanks for your time and attention. I'm happy you liked pictures from my recent trip of my RedBull!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arindam_Nayek View Post
Wish: A comprehensive ownership report with those amazing shots.
Lazy is a small word for me when it comes to writing . But I'll try. So far I'm loving the vehicle. As I mentioned earlier, I have not crossed 2000 RPM so until my RedBull is behaving well.
sandev is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks