Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2015, 08:10   #451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy

That's one heck of a trip. How did the second row passengers held up? Did they complain about any discomfort? I'm asking this because the second row seat is too upright for my liking and thought it wouldn't be comfortable for long journeys.
I too had the same question for Sandev. The 2nd row doesn't seem to have good under thigh support. Were the 2nd row passengers comfortable? Were any tall people sitting in the 2nd row?
Old 25th December 2015, 08:25   #452
BHPian

Re: SOS - TUV300 Engine Check light on - Stuck on NH8

Thanks guys. Called Mahindra Helpline, they directed me to a service center which is not opened yet.

CEL is off now. What should I do? Is it safe to go ahead? There is no major town till Ahmedabad now.
Old 25th December 2015, 08:33   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Thanks guys. Called Mahindra Helpline, they directed me to a service center which is not opened yet.

CEL is off now. What should I do? Is it safe to go ahead? There is no major town till Ahmedabad now.
I would suggest you get it checked once the service center opens and proceed, as you have mentioned that there are no major towns till Ahmedabad.

Ask them to run a diagnostic check and look for errors, if any. That will give you an idea what might have caused the CEL to come on.

Have a safe trip.

Last edited by batterylow : 25th December 2015 at 08:35.
batterylow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2015, 08:43   #454
BHPian

Even if the CEL is off right now, when the service technician attaches his laptop to the port, he can show show you why the light went on in the first place. Until he clears the error from his laptop, the error codes are stored in the ECU.

As long as there is no visible loss of power, drive carefully to the nearest service center and ascertain the reason. CEL coming on always doesn't mean that some thing is seriously wrong. So don't worry.
chandras1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2015, 08:47   #455
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
That's one heck of a trip. How did the second row passengers held up? Did they complain about any discomfort? I'm asking this because the second row seat is too upright for my liking and thought it wouldn't be comfortable for long journeys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by narenteam View Post
I too had the same question for Sandev. The 2nd row doesn't seem to have good under thigh support. Were the 2nd row passengers comfortable? Were any tall people sitting in the 2nd row?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito_parry View Post
This would be the primary commute on long drives.... So the comfort of the 2nd row has to be taken into consideration. Are there any options where we can increase the comfort using seat covers???
To answer all. I never get any complaint from the second row through out my journey. Infact I kept on asking them, knowing the second seat is not that comfortable. But no one complained.

Reason could be as both female passenger height's were in between 5'2" - 5'3". There were too many small luggage placed around there foot area and middle of seat. And almost through out the journey they had woolen clothes on, so may be they had good back support because of the heavy woolen clothes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Did you get your first service done when you crossed the 3000 km milestone? If not then you should get it done immediately.
Yes I did my first service @ 2100 KM's and had done thorough check up before leaving for this trip. I usually do services much before the manual instructs. My earlier car, Punto suggest to do service every 15,000 KM but I used to do it around every 12 KMs. May be that's the reason it never troubled me till 1,55,000 KMs. There after we parted :(. I still miss my Punto.
sandev is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th December 2015, 09:00   #456
Team-BHP Support

ntomer - Some issue with boost pressure I assume. Please get it looked into via the OBD tool.

Please update whenever you come across the issue [once pinpointed & its cure]

Something similar had happened with my car as well, have a look

Thanks

Last edited by Sheel : 25th December 2015 at 09:02.
Old 25th December 2015, 09:36   #457
BHPian

Getting it checked at Nagaur Automobiles, Ajmer.

Helpdesk directed us to Rathi Mahindra showroom. There we came to know that their service center is somewhere else. We went there and came to know they don't attend to TUVs. They directed us to Nagaur and we are here right now.

One would expect Mahindra Helpdesk to have known this.
ntomer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2015, 09:42   #458
BHPian

This is the diagnosis.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img20151225wa0013.jpeg  

ntomer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th December 2015, 09:44   #459
Distinguished - BHPian

As long as the light is steady on, not to worry at all. As long as the car behaves normally just drive on and get it seen to in due course.

It could be something as simple as the filler cap not fitting properly. Actually this one is one of the most frequent sources of a CEL! Just check and retighten. It might take a while before the CEL resets.

If the CEL is blinking there is a more serious issue, which might lead to damage. So in that case is advisable not to drive on.

I must admit I have seen hundreds of CELs. There are millions of drivers who don't worry about their CEL at all, until they take their car for a regular service. In some countries it is a legal requirement no to have the CEL on in order to pass the MOT. So that's when people tend to get it fixed. They will also check if the CEL is in working order. I don't think I've ever come across a blinking one.

Remember your CEL is there for first and foremost environmental reasons. Not necessarily a problem for your engine as such.

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2015, 09:47   #460
BHPian

The lights in the console are color coded.

1. Green / Blue / White - Informational
2. Amber - Warning - proceed carefully
3. Red - Fatal error - stop and rectify

CEL is always amber. Meaning proceed carefully. You can drive the car, but don't push it.
PatchyBoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2015, 09:50   #461
BHPian

Quote:
This is the diagnosis.
And what is the prognosis now?

Quote:
One would expect Mahindra Helpdesk to have known this.
Very true, the information is useless if the service center is not equipped to deal with the issue.

Last edited by batterylow : 25th December 2015 at 09:55. Reason: Additional data
Old 25th December 2015, 09:57   #462
BHPian

They have put this part - cut the pipe and inserted it.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img20151225wa0015.jpeg  

ntomer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2015, 11:54   #463
BHPian

Quote:
What is it ? Did they explain you why have they done this ? Also, please ask what are those warning in detail if possible.
Old 25th December 2015, 18:40   #464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ntomer, hope your return journey is safe and sound. Could you please pin-point the part/pipe? Though we can see the picture we cannot just make out.
Old 25th December 2015, 21:31   #465
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Hi,

No return journey, I am on my way to Mumbai. Delayed by three hours due to all these chaos. Surat, my stop for tonight is still 80 kms away. Tomorrow, I will go to Udvada, and then Mumbai.

The part they place is that black rubber thingie on the grey pipe. They cut the pipe and put it there. It is some sort of modulator.

I have booked an appointment for service in Mumbai, I will ask for details there.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks