Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2015, 13:07   #481
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
All the best , hope you can get your AMT as per the commitment date.
Thank you. Yes, the car is in stock and will be doing the PDI tomorrow. My second visit to the yard. I may not get the number on 6th as the RTO opens on 4th and there will be a lot of rush. But I will be taking the car home on TC number and parking it rather than keeping more 4 days in showroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
I would like to add just 1 more point to what AI has already said. In general, the city car buyer market is clearly shifting to automatics and the AMT solution is the right compromise for the Indian FE conscious mindset. Hence you will definitely be in a better position at the time of resale if your car is an AMT ( this is my belief - don't ask me for any data )
The mindset is slowly changing in India. People are preferring auto shift more. I am sure after a couple of years, the demand for AT will be more than geared vehicles at is has happened in other developed countries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by injun269 View Post
Drove into Bangalore from my hometown. She behaved beautifully.
I am very happy to read this and I have experienced exactly same in my 4 test drives. TUV is an absolute gem to drive car. Cant wait to get my hands on my very own TUV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
Hi guys,

Took delivery of my new TUV 300 T8 AMT couple of weeks back. Pics here. Have done about 500 kms so far (including a drive down from Bangalore to Chennai).
Looks good in blue as it shines. Have a great ownership experience. BTW are your glasses tinted ?
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 14:04   #482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
BTW are your glasses tinted ?
No he has added the magnetic sun shades from Mahindra which is a very good accessory and really helps on a hot day. I have the same for my XUV.

But I assume this does not have a provision in the front which will be useful when paying tolls. Thanos himself can confirm.
fusionbang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 16:01   #483
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
TUV 300 T8 AMT
Enjoy your ride and drive safe. The blue looks majestic and was my primary choice but home minister exercised veto power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
added the magnetic sun shades
Can you share cost of magnetic shades?
Old 29th December 2015, 16:43   #484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Can you share cost of magnetic shades?
I bought it at 1400/- for my XUV. It should be around 1000/- to 1200/- for TUV.
fusionbang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 07:44   #485

Thanks! No glasses are not tinted, they have the Mahindra sun shades. Got the original ones from the showroom itself. They're magnetic and of the exact size as the window glass for 2 front and 2 back windows. Cost was 1199 or 1299, not exactly sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
No he has added the magnetic sun shades from Mahindra which is a very good accessory and really helps on a hot day. I have the same for my XUV.

But I assume this does not have a provision in the front which will be useful when paying tolls. Thanos himself can confirm.
No no provision for tolls. Have removed it from the driver side completely for now. I must say even though these shades are a better fit than the suction ones you get at the roadside, putting these magnetic shades in or removing them took some getting used to. Its especially distracting when the co-passenger tries to put them or remove them when you're driving, mostly because of their very large size. Best to leave them on or off before you go off on a drive.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th December 2015 at 10:15. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your post within the 30 minute edit window to add/edit your posts.
Old 30th December 2015, 12:19   #486
BHPian

Gave my car for first service today at G3, Malad. There I checked the service history. The part which they put in Ajmer was vaccum resonator.

The service advisor told me that to avail Mahindra Roadside Assistance for one year, I will have to shell out 1900 odd bucks, I refused and asked her to remove that from service estimate.

This is the first time I saw a company charging for roadside assistance for a new vehicle.
ntomer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 13:11   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Is this the vacuum modulator? Titanium, Captain Rex, can any one of you please confirm as you have replaced this part in your respective cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Based on Sheels's post and your error code description, it looks like the vaccum modulator is the culprit.
Will be good to have a confirmation as new/prospective owners will know what needs to be changed and what it looks like.
I'm really sorry for the delayed response, AutoIndian and RJ. However, ntomer has confirmed it as vacuum resonator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Gave my car for first service today at G3, Malad. There I checked the service history. The part which they put in Ajmer was vaccum resonator.
The service advisor told me that to avail Mahindra Roadside Assistance for one year, I will have to shell out 1900 odd bucks, I refused and asked her to remove that from service estimate.
This is the first time I saw a company charging for roadside assistance for a new vehicle.
Hello ntomer, thanks for the update. Sorry to know that you had to go through all inconvenience during your last highway trip. Hope all issues are resolved.

I am taking a sabbatical from team-BHP for a month due to busy work schedule.
Wish you all a Happy New Year! Drive safe and travel a lot but please contribute in every ways you can to protect our beautiful Mother Earth.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-photo-12.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-photo-22.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-photo-13.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-photo-23.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-photo-51.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-photo-31.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-photo-41.jpg  

Titanium is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 17:46   #488
BHPian

Hello Friends,

Finally, I was able to go with my wife to Jubilee Motors, Pune for a TD.
First I drove the T8 AMT. Then my wife did a TD.

Our first impressions:
  • We are both tall, but we still had to 'climb' into the TUV. It felt nice.
  • The AMT is very easy to use. Maybe I am being over-simplistic - but it seemed easier than the Maruti or TATA AMTs.
  • We just took a short TD. Neither of us crossed 4th gear. Unless you are looking for it, the gear change is not perceptible at all.
  • The blue TUV looked bigger than the white/silver one.
  • The third row is just academic.
  • My wife felt that the second row is actually a four seater!
  • The steering was easy to use.
  • In the short ride that we took, we did not feel any roll - specially at the turns. But then maybe we were both driving carefully (read slowly).
  • I have experience of driving diesel cars - mainly manual. But, maybe I am not really used to them. To me it felt that the car was going to a very high rpm before upshifting. If I remember right, the shifting was taking place at about 3000 rpm. In my Jazz CVT, the rpm changes by 200 or so as the gears change. In this it was going 1000-3000-1000-3000 and so on. Just felt odd - but maybe I just need to get used to it.
  • The manual gear shifting was easy. My wife felt that it was odd that the lever had to be brought to the center every time. "Why does it not stay in the selected mode like in the Jazz?" was her question. Again - maybe - a question of habit! Of course, the selected option was clearly visible on the dashboard.
  • We missed the S mode and the paddle shifts from the Jazz V CVT! I know - unfair!
  • The rear window is just too small. Rear view is badly hampered. I could manage. But after the TD, when my wife parked the car, she had to do a 'Technical Landing' relying on the reversing aids rather than on visibility.

Have told the dealer that we will wait for a TD of the XUV AT and then decide.

Fingers crossed!!

Girish Mahajan

Last edited by GKMahajan : 30th December 2015 at 18:05.
GKMahajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 18:14   #489
BHPian

Back from the PDI. The vehicles looks fresh and passed all the tests. Here are the first pictures of my tank. A big thanks to Autoindian for providing the check list.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20151230_151856.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20151230_151916.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20151230_151938.jpg

I saw a tick mark on this part which I assume is the Vacuum Modulator. Does it mean that the company has already changed it prior to the delivery ?

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20151230_151511.jpg

Only one thing I missed out is, I failed to note if the engine guard is present.

Last edited by TaurusAl : 30th December 2015 at 18:17.
TaurusAl is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 17:21   #490
BHPian

Today morning at Sewri jetty.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img20151231wa0018.jpeg  

ntomer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 18:54   #491
BHPian

I could finally take a quick TestDrive of the TUV300 a few days ago in Thane and was pleasantly surprised at how smooth/refined the 3 cylinder diesel engine is.
Having driven a Scorpio (pre- CRDI) for about three years quite some time ago, I must say that Mahindra has really worked hard on making the TUV300 a vehicle worth consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
  • The AMT is very easy to use. Maybe I am being over-simplistic - but it seemed easier than the Maruti or TATA AMTs.
On the AMT front, I found the shifts a bit jerky, compared to the traditional automatics, but I guess one has to get used to it.

Overall, a Thumbs Up to the TUV 300 and sure is VFM.

Nirvan
AutoSphere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 22:38   #492
Senior - BHPian

Friends, wishing you all a very happy new year. Just wanted to let you know that finally before the dawn of new year I could manage a two day trip in my TUV along with family to Sinhagad fort, Balaji temple, Narayanpur and Shivthar Ghal. The detailed travelogue on my ownership thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3881419

Sharing here two of my favorite shots

TUV hunting for the road ahead
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-31tuv-hunting-road-ahead.jpg

TUV admiring the serene dam waters

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-05tuv-admiring-serene-dam-waters.jpg
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2016, 15:07   #493

Hi All,

I took the delivery of my TUV 300 T8 (Red) around 15 days back. I have done around 850 kms and the drive so far has been a delight. I upgraded from an Alto K10 and the initial 100-150 kms were difficult as I was not used to driving a SUV.

The commute till now has mostly been home-office-home and I haven't got a chance to take it on a highway. The second tankful I did gave me a mileage of 12.51 km/l which was a bit on the lower side as per my expectations (this was with no AC usage). I have not faced any problems till now, except the one described below.

I started getting a strange sound from the engine area around 3 days back while returning from office. I immediately stopped and called Mahindra RSA and post some verification questions they asked me not to move the vehicle and they will arrange a call from the technician within 15 minutes. The sound was like a grinding noise which came only when I pressed the accelerator pedal and as soon as I released the pedal, the sound disappeared. I explained the same to the technician on call and he said that the sound is most likely coming from a loose fan belt. He asked me to start the vehicle and check again but this time there was no sound coming. The technician suggested me to get going and get it checked the next day at a Mahindra workshop. I took it to Noida Sector 2 workshop but the technicians there couldn't find any fault and I had to come back. I am a bit scared now of the problem resurfacing again since the issues could not be reproduced at the workshop. Has anyone else on this forum faced a similar issue?
rohit_11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2016, 16:02   #494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit_11 View Post
Hi All,
Hello Rohit, seems your first post on TBHP, so first of all let me welcome you to the forum.

Quote:
I took the delivery of my TUV 300 T8 (Red) around 15 days back. I have done around 850 kms and the drive so far has been a delight. I upgraded from an Alto K10 and the initial 100-150 kms were difficult as I was not used to driving a SUV.
Many congratulations on joining the proud TUV owner's club. I can understand your plight, coming from an Alto directly to TUV would generate some nervousness, but once you get used to the dimensions then it is a cakewalk. For me it was sort of downgrade from an Innova, but the tank suits to my kind of driving requirements, hence I opted for it. Being smaller than the Innova I was at ease from day-1. Please share your buying experience coupled with lots of pictures.

Quote:
The commute till now has mostly been home-office-home and I haven't got a chance to take it on a highway. The second tankful I did gave me a mileage of 12.51 km/l which was a bit on the lower side as per my expectations (this was with no AC usage). I have not faced any problems till now, except the one described below.
12.5 kmpl is still a decent mileage for a brand new car, given its "only city" running. Since you are graduating from a petrol motor to a diesel one, you will have to adapt your driving style accordingly. Use the diesel torque for getting the car moving with minimal inputs on the accelerator. After the first oil change service you can definitely expect some improvement in mileage.

Quote:
I started getting a strange sound from the engine area around 3 days back while returning from office. I immediately stopped and called Mahindra RSA and post some verification questions they asked me not to move the vehicle and they will arrange a call from the technician within 15 minutes. The sound was like a grinding noise which came only when I pressed the accelerator pedal and as soon as I released the pedal, the sound disappeared. I explained the same to the technician on call and he said that the sound is most likely coming from a loose fan belt. He asked me to start the vehicle and check again but this time there was no sound coming. The technician suggested me to get going and get it checked the next day at a Mahindra workshop. I took it to Noida Sector 2 workshop but the technicians there couldn't find any fault and I had to come back. I am a bit scared now of the problem resurfacing again since the issues could not be reproduced at the workshop. Has anyone else on this forum faced a similar issue?
I do hear some sort of grinding noise, but unlike you it does not come when I press the accelerator, rather it comes when I release it. Also this is observed only at slow speeds. Don't worry too much about the sound, keep driving with music shut. Observe at what speeds the sound is coming and under what conditions. When you are able to exactly simulate the noise, ask the technician to accompany you for test drive and let him experience the sound first hand. Hopefully then they will be able to identify the root cause.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2016, 22:27   #495
BHPian

It seems mahindra has increased price of TUV as in TV ads showing starts from 7.1 Lacs earlier it was 6.9 and on website price section says being updated.

Can anyone confirm?

Most Viewed