Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2015, 21:35   #466
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
The part they place is that black rubber thingie on the grey pipe. They cut the pipe and put it there. It is some sort of modulator.
Is this the vacuum modulator? Titanium, Captain Rex, can any one of you please confirm as you have replaced this part in your respective cars.
Old 26th December 2015, 00:05   #467
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Something similar had happened with my car as well, have a look
Quote:
This is the diagnosis.
Based on Sheels's post and your error code description, it looks like the vaccum modulator is the culprit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Is this the vacuum modulator? Titanium, Captain Rex, can any one of you please confirm
Will be good to have a confirmation as new/prospective owners will know what needs to be changed and what it looks like

Could this also be a problem with the turbo pipe length? as TaurusAI had commented, it does seem like a tight fit and the CEL in both cases did come up after long distance drives, which would involve continuous pressure on the turbo pipe for prolonged time periods.

Last edited by procrj : 26th December 2015 at 00:13.
Old 26th December 2015, 11:53   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

No return journey, I am on my way to Mumbai. Delayed by three hours due to all these chaos. Surat, my stop for tonight is still 80 kms away. Tomorrow, I will go to Udvada, and then Mumbai.

The part they place is that black rubber thingie on the grey pipe. They cut the pipe and put it there. It is some sort of modulator.

I have booked an appointment for service in Mumbai, I will ask for details there.

Cheers
Hope things are fine now with your tank and have a safe journey.
Old 26th December 2015, 14:47   #469
Senior - BHPian

What did I learn about my TUV today #6 26-Dec-2015.

While cleaning the car dust with a duster today, I also thought of topping up the windshield water. Hence opened the cap of the filler pipe. To my surprise I saw a fine wire mesh at the mouth of the filler pipe. Nice touch. This will prevent any solid impurities from entering into the water reservoir and finding its way to the wiper washer pump. Thus jamming of the pump and the water jet spray nozzles can be prevented.

Edit: I have not seen this arrangement in my previous two cars, Indica and Innova. If any one of you have seen this kind of wire mesh in any other cars please share it here.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20151226_142152.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20151226_142204.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20151226_142243.jpg

Last edited by AutoIndian : 26th December 2015 at 14:51.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 18:42   #470
BHPian

I am one confused buyer.

I happen to visit the showroom today to make the final payment of T8 Manual. AMT bug bit me and took the AMT again for a spin. This time came out impressed. I got used to the AMT gearbox as this was my third test drive. The drive was not jerky and the creep function lag of 2 seconds is well accepted once you get used to it. Also the hill hold function did not bother me as I learnt to use the handbrake while the car was on a slope.

I have changed my booking from MT to AMT. I will have to do the PDI again. Estimated delivery date is 7th Jan 16.
Old 26th December 2015, 22:21   #471
BHPian

Merry Christmas and Happy Weekend Guys!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-cf1_01435.jpg  

sandev is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th December 2015, 01:24   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandev View Post
Absolutely stunning. Your photography skills are marvelous. Are you planning to do a travelogue ? Please share the link in that case.

Also, have they changed the modulator in your car during the first service ?
Old 27th December 2015, 08:50   #473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
I am one confused buyer.

I happen to visit the showroom today to make the final payment of T8 Manual. AMT bug bit me and took the AMT again for a spin. This time came out impressed. I got used to the AMT gearbox as this was my third test drive. The drive was not jerky and the creep function lag of 2 seconds is well accepted once you get used to it. Also the hill hold function did not bother me as I learnt to use the handbrake while the car was on a slope.

I have changed my booking from MT to AMT. I will have to do the PDI again. Estimated delivery date is 7th Jan 16.
Generally when we are spoilt for choices, we get confused, so you are not an exception. Now that you have already made up your mind, I would still suggest take thorough test drive of the AMT especially on the roads of your daily travel. Take the car in your home's parking, take it on a ramp or on a flyover/ ascent. Check how comfortable you are with the car. For all the above scenarios if you can drive without any issues and most of your driving is going to be within city in choc-a-bloc traffic, then AMT would be the right choice for you.

Fantastic shot Sandeep above. The car looks really long, than it actually is

Last edited by AutoIndian : 27th December 2015 at 08:52.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2015, 09:35   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandev
Sandev,

Stunning photo. I really think your pics are way better than what Mahindra's official brochure and website have. :clap
Old 27th December 2015, 14:49   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I would still suggest take thorough test drive of the AMT especially on the roads of your daily travel. Take the car in your home's parking, take it on a ramp or on a flyover/ ascent. Check how comfortable you are with the car. For all the above scenarios if you can drive without any issues and most of your driving is going to be within city in choc-a-bloc traffic, then AMT would be the right choice for you.
Thanks Autoindian. I got worried as I had missed the things mentioned by you.

Rushed to the dealer and took the car for the 4th spin. Also, my parking is in basement and the slope is very brutal. Almost 45 deg angle. So I tried one of the most steep slopes in the area. Here's my observation -

The handbrake has to be pulled to the maximum to hold the car. But after that the car does not roll back even a millimeter if your skills upto the mark. You have to leave the handbrake slowly the same way you would have left the clutch. I tried it almost 10 times on that slope and every time could pull it ahead effortlessly.

With regards to the highway, the 5th gear gets slotted pretty late. But then you have the option of manually slotting it early if you wish to increase the fuel efficiency on highway runs. The NVH is excellent till 100 kmph ( I don't ever drive over 100 in India for safety reasons ), the cabin is very silent and can barely hear the engine and the car is rock solid in terms of stability.

Overall I am happy with the shift from MT to AMT as I spend nearly 2 hours daily in very bad traffic jams.

Last edited by TaurusAl : 27th December 2015 at 14:52.
TaurusAl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 11:37   #476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Autoindian. I got worried as I had missed the things mentioned by you.

Overall I am happy with the shift from MT to AMT as I spend nearly 2 hours daily in very bad traffic jams.
I guess the AMT is best suited for your kind of requirements, hence the the shift from MT to AMT would be worth it. All the best , hope you can get your AMT as per the commitment date.
Old 28th December 2015, 12:23   #477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would like to add just 1 more point to what AI has already said. In general, the city car buyer market is clearly shifting to automatics and the AMT solution is the right compromise for the Indian FE conscious mindset. Hence you will definitely be in a better position at the time of resale if your car is an AMT ( this is my belief - don't ask me for any data )
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 22:37   #478

Drove into Bangalore from my hometown. She behaved beautifully. Didn't play any music to gauge engine noise as I put her through the paces to cruise at 110. Engine just purred beautifully, effortlessly and could still feel the reserve of power available in the A pedal. Ensured that the RPM hovered below 2,500. Super comfy drive. Into Bangalore and she handled the crazy traffic with elan. The AMT responded like a gem. Never a honk from behind at traffic lights. And, boy, do people give way for this vehicle!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-wp_20151223_11_37_29_pro.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-wp_20151223_11_38_05_pro.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-wp_20151223_11_38_27_pro.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-wp_20151223_11_38_57_pro.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-wp_20151223_11_39_25_pro.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-wp_20151213_16_02_56_pro.jpg  

injun269 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 08:40   #479

Hi guys,

Took delivery of my new TUV 300 T8 AMT couple of weeks back. Pics here. Have done about 500 kms so far (including a drive down from Bangalore to Chennai).
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-1min.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-2min.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-3min.jpg  

Thanos is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 11:28   #480
BHPian

The first time I saw the TUV I was thinking something has gone really wrong with the design. Have seen quite a few on the road now and I get a feeling that this is a car that you would get used to the more you see it. It would slowly grow on you and the awkward feeling should go away. I now see this more as a robust tank.
SafeDrive0107 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks