Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2016, 14:58   #1216
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Captain did you get your tank from the service center. Do share an update on the problem and explanation provided by MASS.
RJ, the car was picked up by MASS on 16.06.2016 and was with them till 19.06.2016. The clutch assembly was changed, and I was informed over phone that the noise had reduced but was audible occasionally. They mentioned that they had placed an order for some parts for the gear box which was to arrive in a weeks time, and the car was returned to me on 19th noon.
That same day evening after the vehicle had cooled down, I took it out only to find that nothing was rectified. There was no reduction in the noise. The resonator (humming noise) was still present.
On monday, 19 June, I called up the Technical Manager with whom I had been corresponding and informed him that the noise was as it was earlier, and nothing had changed or reduced. He said that the gear box spares would arrive in a weeks time and the vehicle will then be attended again.
The clutch assembly which they had replaced was of no use. Just a blind shot.
The only change that had taken place to the car was that the 32GB memory card from the dashcam was stolen.

On 20th, I had sent a mail to M&M customer care and the Customer care manager here in Chennai, mentioning that there were no effective repairs done to the car and that the SD card went missing. He replied that he will look into the matter and then - SILENCE, till yesterday, when I called him up to ask the status. He starts off saying that the SD card will be replaced. I cut him off and told him that the missing SD card was secondary. My primary necessity was to have the gear box noise fixed. He replied that he will check on that and call back in a short while. The 'short while' turn out to be quite long, and just a couple of hours back I get a mail from Zulaikha Motors saying that the gear box spares have arrived and that the car will be picked up tomorrow.
In my mail to them I had asked them to explain what all work was done during the 3 days when the car was with them. No response. I will pursue that once they fix up the noise.
CAPTAIN REX is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 17:59   #1217
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN REX View Post
Just a blind shot
Have seen MASS do this when my alternator failed. To say that they are quiet clueless is an understatement.
Quote:
I get a mail from Zulaikha Motors saying that the gear box spares have arrived and that the car will be picked up tomorrow.
Do share details of the parts that are being replaced when you get your car back.
Old 30th June 2016, 21:43   #1218
BHPian

Some new observations -

1) The light in glow box goes off after about 2 minutes if the glow box is left open even while driving. A good feature to save the battery.

2) My antenna fell of while taking tank out of the basement this morning. Luckily it fell and got stuck near the wipers. I re-installed it easily. Please everyone check your car antennas by turning it clockwise to ensure it is secured in place.

3) As Procrj mentioned, I tried redlining in manual mode and the car changed gears after 4k RPM. But the car is surely fast in this mode. Frequent gear shits slows it down especially in stop and go traffic. Gear shifts from 2nd to 3rd are at time unnecessary.

4) As Autoindian mentioned, I too feel weird vibrations when wipers are turned-on on brake and accelerator pedal.

5) In heavy rain, water from the giant and flat roof of the tank gushes down like a waterfall on front windscreen on applying brakes. Disturbs visibility. On the other hand, due to the height TUV is much easy to drive in rain as you see the road well.

My tank is currently doing 6.1k. Behaving well after the AMT failure was resolved.

Last edited by TaurusAl : 30th June 2016 at 21:54.
TaurusAl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 17:12   #1219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
Some new observations -

4) As Autoindian mentioned, I too feel weird vibrations when wipers are turned-on on brake and accelerator pedal.
I Had also experienced the vibrations on brake pedal, when wipers are turned ON.
however nothing on accelerator pedal.
This is for AMT though.

In last week, had been to Purandargad, Sinhagad, Rajgad and Lohgad.
It was a mix of rains, bad roads and steep climbs.
And I am glad to inform that the tank behaved really well, specially on extremely steep climbs.
No rear wheel spinning, just a nervous me .

Note from Support: Post edited for grammar & spell-check

Last edited by aah78 : 1st July 2016 at 18:19. Reason: Posts merged. See note.
chetans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 19:18   #1220
BHPian

Last week did a weekend trip to Lonavla and Dahanu (from Mumbai) in different terrain and road conditions. My TUV300 MT (Odo: 7000+ Km ) performed flawlessly. Bad monsoon roads with pot holes and uneven surfaces was handled very well by the car's effective suspension and thick tyres. In certain sections I would have been hesitant to drive if I was in a sedan, but in this car it was a breeze. The only negative was, my seat belt is again (had changed it once earlier) refusing to retract.
My TUV300 @ the Bordi Beach
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160626_114353443.jpg
Sirvoicar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2016, 22:26   #1221
BHPian

Today had been to tikona via sus road which was in bad state and returned via paud road which had bad roads in patches. The last seat occupants (~17yrs old) were pretty satisfied except some bumps overs speedbreakers.
All are turning out to be fans of the tank and mahindras in general.
chetans is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2016, 23:02   #1222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetans View Post
Today had been to tikona via sus road which was in bad state and returned via paud road which had bad roads in patches. The last seat occupants (~17yrs old) were pretty satisfied except some bumps overs speedbreakers.
All are turning out to be fans of the tank and mahindras in general.
Good to know that your trip to Tikona was eventful, but where are the pictures buddy? (For the guys not from Pune, just FYI, Tikona is one of the numerous forts situated in the interiors of the Sahyadri Mountain range). Now that the monsoons have set in the roads are likely to get form bad to worse and this is where the tank would show its true colors.
Old 3rd July 2016, 19:50   #1223
BHPian

It was raining heavily..so took very few snaps with mobile.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160702_132016629_hdr.jpg
At the top - Ballekilla of Tikona Fort

If you are in pune, then pick any fort and visit with your tank.
chetans is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 07:13   #1224
BHPian

I am looking for a CUV under 10 lakhs, and the TUV was one of my shortlisted cars. However, after going through the thread, it seems that the issues with the car have still not been sorted out. I was planning on buying the T8 84PS MT model as it came with a discount, but now it seems that the discount is simply Mahindra clearing their stock of a buggy product. Thanks for your honest feedback in this thread guys. It seems that Mahindra has still some way to go before they can launch a reliable product. Am I wrong here? Are these issues only happening to the early models and AMT variants?

On another note, the 100PS model is only available on the T8 trim as per the dealer here. The price lists issued also show the T8 100PS model only. I was interested in the T6+ model as it has most of the features I wanted, but it isn't available in the 100PS model. Is it the same in other states as well?
Old 4th July 2016, 08:04   #1225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
I am looking for a CUV under 10 lakhs, and the TUV was one of my shortlisted cars. However, after going through the thread, it seems that the issues with the car have still not been sorted out. I was planning on buying the T8 84PS MT model as it came with a discount, but now it seems that the discount is simply Mahindra clearing their stock of a buggy product. Thanks for your honest feedback in this thread guys. It seems that Mahindra has still some way to go before they can launch a reliable product. Am I wrong here?...
I am the owner of 81bhp T8 AMT and have test driven 100 bhp AMT too couple of times and my only advice to you is stay away from AMT. TUV has one of the worst AMT system which cannot be trusted as of now.

Also TUV was the last vehicle i bought from Mahindra because of their policies and cheating nature. When they failed to solve 81 bhp AMT problems they just discontinued the product by launching a new more refined product within just 6 months. And now they are lying through website that 81 bhp AMT is available made to order. Whereas its not available anywhere and only dealers stocks are being cleared in the name of discount.

Stay away from Mahindra if you want peace of mind.
ezee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2016, 13:20   #1226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Do share details of the parts that are being replaced when you get your car back.
The TUV was picked up on Friday, 1st July from my office premises. Got a call after an hour and half saying that the vehicle had arrived at the workshop, and they shall update me on the progress.
Friday evening - no call, no updates.
Saturday noon - no call, no updates. So I call up the technical Manager, and now the 'update' comes. The 'gear shifter link assembly' was changed. The car was driven and the noise was not noticed. They wanted to keep the vehicle for some more time to further test for the noise. I agreed to their proposal for further checks and for them to return the car on Monday, 4th July.
Monday morning, again no call from their side, so I called up to inquire about the test condition. The result - no more gear box noise when going over humps. Since the car is being washed and cleaned, it will be delivered to my residence by evening. I heave a sigh of relief.
By evening the car comes home. Since the vehicle was warm, I did not bother to take it out to check the noise.
Next day morning took the vehicle out. Noticed that the car was not washed, and the interiors were dirty. Greasy hand smudges on the door trims, head rest and on the sun visor. This sight really angered me, but being early did not call the Technical Manager (TM). Drove the car over the bumps and the noise had really disappeared. The vacuum modulator was also replaced, so the humming noise also was gone. Feeling at ease now.
Took photographs of the dirty cabin and have sent it to Customer care with all addresses of Zulaikha motors copied in.
Called up the TM and explained to him the condition in which the car was delivered. The usual response - 'Extremely sorry sir, please bring the vehicle to the workshop, we will clean it'
I was charged for an oil filter replacement - Rs 285/ and provided with a bill for that. Nothing mentioning the rest of the parts replaced. I have asked the service station to give me the details of what all was replaced under warranty.
Yesterday afternoon I received a call from the service Advisor who had attended my car. I asked him what was the reason for the noise, which was audible only when cold, to which he had no idea.
I asked him what was the work done and his response was - 'Gear box bed was replaced, then Rear mounting bush was replaced and the vacuum modulator was replaced.'

So now the question is - gear shifter link assembly OR gear box bed.
Did a google search for 'gear box bed' and found nothing relevant.
Will update when I get an 'under warranty replacement' invoice.

So now confirming that the gear box noise and the vacuum modulator noise had disappeared and keeping my fingers and toes too, crossed that they remain noise free. Cleaned the greasy marks this morning using Colins glass cleaner and now the cabin is back to how I would like it to always be.
CAPTAIN REX is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th July 2016, 18:40   #1227
BHPian

The spare tyre of my TUV MT T8 is a non alloy, whereas the other 4 are alloys. Has anyone done wheel rotation yet? If yes, whats the recommendation? Doing a rotation of 5 tyres will mean a non alloy with other 3 alloys, which spoils the look. Is the service centre ready to exchange the non alloy for an alloy, albeit at a price. Any comments/opinions?
Old 7th July 2016, 06:01   #1228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishee View Post
The spare tyre of my TUV MT T8 is a non alloy, whereas the other 4 are alloys. Has anyone done wheel rotation yet? If yes, whats the recommendation? Doing a rotation of 5 tyres will mean a non alloy with other 3 alloys, which spoils the look. Is the service centre ready to exchange the non alloy for an alloy, albeit at a price. Any comments/opinions?
The Users Manual will also have a separate rotation pattern for Alloy equipped vehicles. Typically, the spare is not included in the rotation if the spare wheel isn't an alloy. Don't worry about this, there is no harm in only rotating 4 tyres.
Old 9th July 2016, 02:01   #1229
BHPian

TUV has sold 1722 units in June 2016 according to Autopunditz. We are witnessing consistent slide in its sales.
needforspeed88 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2016, 05:42   #1230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed88 View Post
TUV has sold 1722 units in June 2016 according to Autopunditz. We are witnessing consistent slide in its sales.
What would further be interesting would be the number units sold across variants - how many AMT's were sold, and also how of 80bhp's.

The SA at India Garage mentioned that there is a 25k cash discount on the 100bhp, which can further improve when finalizing.

Another surprising thing I gathered was for the corporate discount one needs to produce company ID card (understandable) and last months payslip (incredulous). Never understood the payslip part.

The discussion on TCS, I shall update in the TCS thread and post the link here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks