Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2016, 09:14   #1246
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Many owners on the facebook group got a recall for this and there is no part replacement involved. What they do is ensure that the rear wheel ABS cables are attached right and check the clamps/routing is tight. 5-10 minute job as mentioned by owners on facebook.
Thanks for that info procrj. I am not following the Facebook group of TUV owners. Can you pl share that link or add me to that group?

Quote:
Have all owners here opted for extended warranty? I was on the fence regarding this but given the rate at which my tank is munching miles and the issues being reported here, I think I will opt for the same in the coming few weeks.
Even I was considering taking the extended warranty for 4th & 5th year (additional 40K kms). Last time when I enquired, it was about 17K. Definitely I won't be munching 140K kms in 5 years, but I am likely to hold on to my Orange Tank beyond 3 years, may 5 years max and during this period I want complete peace of mind, which is what the extended warranty offers. Will share more details on this next Saturday when I visit the service centre for my 10K service.
Old 19th July 2016, 09:40   #1247
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Shouldn't this be reflecting when the OBD Scan was done?
MASS does not do an OBD scan unless its absolutely necessary. Reason is that they don't really know what is what and even following a step by step guide is a big thing for them. Having said that, in this case they just might have because its an EGR valve replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Facebook group of TUV owners
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TUV300/

Quote:
Last time when I enquired, it was about 17K. Definitely I won't be munching 140K kms in 5 years
I think the warranty is for 120K/5 years. I remember my SA quoting 14.5K INR for the same when I was there for the 2nd service but on the website the price is ~16K
http://www.mahindratuv300.com/mahind...hield-warranty
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 13:18   #1248
BHPian

finally got the time to install the roof carrier.
Its mtek supersport carbon and the mud flaps are some local made ones.
Autoindian has pointed to ashtavinayak enterprises in nana peth, pune (landmark is aiyappa temple and also the shop is tagged in google maps)

The installer had already done couple of installations and was so didnt take much time to finish the job.
Attachment 1530968

The end result
Attachment 1530969
Check how tight the parking space was.

The mud flags
Attachment 1530970

He was adamant on cutting this piece out of front mud flap. I did show him the installation done on autoindians tank. but he still insisted on this.
Attachment 1530970
Attachment 1530972

I was also going to install scuff plates but opted out at last minute.
Attachment 1530971

The bill - 450 for mud flags and 5600 for the carrier
Attachment 1530990
Old 19th July 2016, 13:26   #1249
BHPian

One good featured I observed today -

I dropped my better half at a junction. While she got down, she manually unlocked the door. As the car started moving ahead, that single door which was unlocked got locked once the car hit the speed of 20 KMPH.

This feature was missing in my old Maruti. Don't really know if this is standard all over now. But was pleasantly surprised

Tank is doing fine in heavy rains. Very easy to drive on potholes. At slower speeds the rides does get bumpy at times.
Old 19th July 2016, 13:35   #1250
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
One good featured I observed today -

I dropped my better half at a junction. While she got down, she manually unlocked the door. As the car started moving ahead, that single door which was unlocked got locked once the car hit the speed of 20 KMPH.

This feature was missing in my old Maruti. Don't really know if this is standard all over now. But was pleasantly surprised
I believe this feature is now standard in all cars having speed sensitive central locking. My 5 year old WagonR has it as standard.
Old 19th July 2016, 14:07   #1251
BHPian

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160705_121602_hdr.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160705_130845_hdr.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160705_132439_hdr.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160705_131730_hdr.jpg

Name:  bill.png
Views: 3158
Size:  522.5 KB

Seat covers and roof carrier finally undertaken.

Went to ashtavinayak enterprises (landmark:aiyappa temple) at nana peth, pune - thats where autoindian had gone for seat cover.
picked up mtek supersport carbon for 5.6k and mud flaps for 450 bucks.

The mud flaps were cut to accommodate the floor protrusion. I did show him the installation done on autoindians tank, but the guy was adamant
chetans is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 15:32   #1252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I believe this feature is now standard in all cars having speed sensitive central locking. My 5 year old WagonR has it as standard.
It Is...

What I am pointing out is a single door getting locked even after over-riding and opening individually. That is without turning the engine off and just by halting and starting again. Not many cars I have driven have this features. This possibly means there is always a check on the locks automatically when the car hits the speed of 20kmph irrespective you open the doors or no.
Old 19th July 2016, 16:36   #1253
BHPian

If any of the TUV owners can apprise on the booking to delivery Step-By-Step Process, it would be helpful.
If we have a similar content already posted, please share the link as the search has not thrown up anything.
Old 19th July 2016, 17:02   #1254
BHPian

Quote:
It Is...

What I am pointing out is a single door getting locked even after over-riding and opening individually. That is without turning the engine off and just by halting and starting again. Not many cars I have driven have this features. This possibly means there is always a check on the locks automatically when the car hits the speed of 20kmph irrespective you open the doors or no.
Hello Sir,
I have noticed this feature in 2010 Figo and 2014 Punto (which I have driven) have the individual door locking feature on the move which you have mentioned.
Rover2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 17:41   #1255
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawah View Post
booking to delivery Step-By-Step Process, it would be helpful
Its all lost in the cloud meaning no updates. Old school follow up with SA the only way. Have to hand it to M&M for setting the bar high and then just walking all around it.
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 18:13   #1256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Its all lost in the cloud meaning no updates. Old school follow up with SA the only way. Have to hand it to M&M for setting the bar high and then just walking all around it.
Meaning you dont get any SMS / Email once the SA says that he has raised the booking?
Old 19th July 2016, 18:39   #1257
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Meaning you dont get any SMS / Email once the SA says that he has raised the booking?
Correct. And if you check your booking leaflet it will say M&M will send an sms/email at every stage your car goes through i.e build, ship, reach city, reach dealer etc. and that also never happens.

Last edited by procrj : 19th July 2016 at 19:00.
Old 19th July 2016, 18:48   #1258
BHPian

Quote:
They stopped doing that. Per my SA, people started calling up Dealer/Mahindra after each sms asking about delivery and so they finally stopped.
Old 20th July 2016, 10:24   #1259
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It Is...

Yes I was talking about the same feature being present in my WagonR. Every time the speed crosses 20kmph, all the doors are checked and the ones open are locked. And yes, this happens even if I halt without killing the engine, one/many of the doors (including the boot) are opened manually and then I start moving again.

Last edited by ashis89 : 20th July 2016 at 10:27. Reason: Spell check
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 18:14   #1260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W@nnaR@ce View Post
I was wondering if the TUV 300 mh100 t8 amt better option to buy over duster rxl 110ps?
Proof of the pudding lies in eating it. I would suggest test drive both the cars extensively and decide for yourself which one suits your requirements the most and go for it. Also do consider the service network of both manufacturers in your area while making your final decision.

Most Viewed