Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2016, 07:37   #1381
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Coolant level is steady in the last one week.

Regarding the power/pick-up, I believe this was due to a loose vacuum hose. On Monday 19 Sep, India Garage technicians visited my home and replaced the vacuum resonator with a higher capacity (20 cc) one, previous one was of 15 cc. They also replaced all the vacuum hoses with slightly bigger diameter hoses. ECU flashing was done. I have been told that this will fix engine knocking as well as power/pick-up issue.
Thank you for sharing that

Quote:
This was coordinated by the Area Manager - Mahindra Customer Care, who got the parts specially for my Tank. Even though I was willing to visit the workshop, he did not want me to take any more trouble, hence got it done at home.
Vow that is some good gesture . I have seen, whenever the Area Manager intervenes, be it sales or service, things start falling in place faster than expected. All the Area Managers must have this kind of hold on all service centres, only then will they go the extra length to serve their customers.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 07:51   #1382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Thank you for sharing that

Vow that is some good gesture . I have seen, whenever the Area Manager intervenes, be it sales or service, things start falling in place faster than expected. All the Area Managers must have this kind of hold on all service centres, only then will they go the extra length to serve their customers.
That is indeed a good gesture. As he mentioned that parts were specially procured for him of different dimensions which solved his problems, then why not for others, why there is no mechanism for public recalls.

These parts are replaced whenever customer goes for either service or breakdown. Infact there is no mechanism of centralised calling system for Red category recalls too.

I have come to know such people too who don't even know what is modulator or other recalled parts and they are 2015 buyers.

It seems the logic is simple, attend to those who screams and this we are talking about metro city service centres. Now think about rural areas.
Old 21st September 2016, 09:27   #1383
BHPian

Hi All,

This being my first post and I am thankful to all the users in forum with such great knowledge so that people can actually get the finest details of a car even without seeing it in flesh.

After going through this thread for nearly everyday I have purchased TUV300 (M) T8 in Feb this year from GSP Motors Gurgaon. Odo stands at 22,000 kms now and there is no problem in the vehicle till now(touchwood).
dieselburner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 09:50   #1384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselburner View Post
Hi All,

This being my first post and I am thankful to all the users in forum with such great knowledge so that people can actually get the finest details of a car even without seeing it in flesh.

After going through this thread for nearly everyday I have purchased TUV300 (M) T8 in Feb this year from GSP Motors Gurgaon. Odo stands at 22,000 kms now and there is no problem in the vehicle till now(touchwood).
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.. 22K in just 8 months is some serious mile munching. Good to know your experience with the TUV has been flawless so far.
Old 21st September 2016, 10:21   #1385
BHPian

Thanks AutoIndian, regarding mile munching thanks to the weekend trips to hometown & nearby places around Delhi NCR that keep on odo moving.
So far the niggles have been quoted in the AMT version only as seen at the service centre and read on the forum. Manual transmission is quite good and now with added power it is more lucrative in the price segment.
The main problem is the bounciness of the vehicle ( I know its a ladder n frame structure and it is bound to happen) but still any add-on or any modification which can reduce it?
Also the second row seating is quite straight, but I have got it reclined by almost 2 inches and it is much better now. However it has eaten up some space of the jump seats but I hardly use them so no issues.

Quote:
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.. 22K in just 8 months is some serious mile munching. Good to know your experience with the TUV has been flawless so far.
Old 21st September 2016, 13:28   #1386
BHPian

Quote:
The main problem is the bounciness of the vehicle ( I know its a ladder n frame structure and it is bound to happen) but still any add-on or any modification which can reduce it?
ROGERAB (http://www.rogermotors.com/rogerab/s...15223-cat.html) is one option, but I haven't tried it yet. Someone on the TUV300 forum has installed it and the feedback is that it has reduced the bounciness. It will void your warranty though.
Old 21st September 2016, 18:36   #1387
BHPian

Thank you for all the valuable inputs and suggestions which made my decision firm on booking a TUV 300 T8 (M). Taken the delivery 16th the Friday and is happily munching miles. Just finished with the cosmetics for the Blue BOLT.

Extra fitments are done at Crossovers - Secunderabad.

1. Mudflaps
2. Floor carpet
3. 4+1 Floor mats
4. Reverse Camera (Autocop)
5. Roof Rack.
6. Seat Covers.

Memories captured on the delivery day

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img20160916wa0009.jpg

Customary family picture

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dsc_0006.jpg

Key Handover

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dsc_0003.jpg

Goodies to SE

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dsc_0005.jpg

Pooja Time

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dsc_0010.jpg

and of the seat cover and floor carpet fitment in progress. Apologies for the quality its raining cats and dogs and could only take the pics with my mobile.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160921_144059.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160921_145103.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160921_162359.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160921_162412.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160921_162318.jpg  

vito_parry is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 22:55   #1388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito_parry View Post
Thank you for all the valuable inputs and suggestions which made my decision firm on booking a TUV 300 T8 (M). Taken the delivery 16th the Friday and is happily munching miles. Just finished with the cosmetics for the Blue BOLT.
Many congratulations vito_parry on getting your Blue BOLT home . The TUV in blue color looks awesome, it was also my color of choice, but family was keen on Molten Orange only, hence had to relent.

Here's wishing you a very happy ownership experience with your TUV
Old 21st September 2016, 23:15   #1389
BANNED

Congratulations Vito_parry. Blue indeed is a standout color of all in the other TUV colors. A friend of mine took delivery of a new TUV T8 M in Red shade on 16th of this month and I happened to see the Blue TUV in the showroom and it looked great in that color. You have opted to get all the extra fitments done else where rather than at the showroom, why is that, was there any major price difference that you noticed. For my friends TUV, we had got all the accessories done at the showroom accessories store itself, starting from the seat covers to the matt finish black spoiler, rear guard, boot door chrome strip, door beadings, chrome door applique, rear camera with 5inch screen, roof mounted screen etc. Wishing you a wonderful ownership experience with your Blue Bolt.
Old 22nd September 2016, 09:48   #1390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Feels like the power I used to get in Power mode earlier is now available in Eco mode and Power mode feels more powerful
Did they by any chance flash the 100 BHP map to your tank Jokes apart, can you share the software version? Will check mine and see if I there is an update that needs to be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetans View Post
the MT flag was raised
I know i am expecting too much but did you take the tank to MASS after your drive and try to get an answer for this problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
It was because of some vacuum, the level had dropped.
Thanks for sharing that. Will help others to check levels before panicking and dumping more coolant into the reservoir.

Quote:
On Monday 19 Sep, India Garage technicians visited my home and replaced the vacuum resonator with a higher capacity (20 cc) one, previous one was of 15 cc. They also replaced all the vacuum hoses with slightly bigger diameter hoses. ECU flashing was done. I have been told that this will fix engine knocking as well as power/pick-up issue.
Can you PM me the name & number of your SA at India Garage? I service my tank at India Garage Peenya and I dont have anything good to say about my SA or technicians there. Did you get your car serviced at IG Whitefield? If yes, do share feedback on service quality.

Also do update this thread with performance of the tank after a few thousand kms. Would like to know if this resulted in improved power/throttle response alone of did it also impact FE, NVH and any other characteristics of the tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
why there is no mechanism for public recalls.
Agree with you vivek. If not public recalls, M&M should at-least call customers individually and ask them to bring in their cars for an upgrade/replacement/update. I havent had a lot of issue with my tank but if the change in vaccum modulator & hose results in better drivablity & throttle response, then I would surely want that.

My 2 cents - I think they are experimenting and trying to figure out what the problem is and what's the best solution before they replace parts en mass for all TUV owners and hence this 'preferential' treatment.

How has your tank been performing? Did M&M manage to solve most if not all of your issues?
Quote:
I have purchased TUV300 (M) T8 in Feb this year from GSP Motors Gurgaon. Odo stands at 22,000 kms now and there is no problem in the vehicle till now(touchwood).
Congrats dieselburner and its good to know that your tank has been chugging along without any issues.

Quote:
Thank you for all the valuable inputs and suggestions which made my decision firm on booking a TUV 300 T8 (M)
Congratulations vito_parry. Wishing you many many miles of stress free and safe driving with your blue bolt.

Would be interesting to hear from the other early tank owners like nishant kar, silvernight, titanium, injun269, sandev, kings07, ntomer, sirvoicar and other 2015 model owners on how their tank has been holding up.

Last edited by procrj : 22nd September 2016 at 10:06.
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 10:28   #1391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post

I know i am expecting too much but did you take the tank to MASS after your drive and try to get an answer for this problem?
Not Yet. Planning to take tank to sahyadri service station which happens to be some 40kms from my place. (not willing to visit closest silver jubilee service station)
So weekdays is not an option for me.
Unfortunately I can visit only on sunday but sahyadri is closed on sundays
[COLOR=#FFFFFF]Save[/COLOR]

Last edited by chetans : 22nd September 2016 at 10:33. Reason: some html tag was added
Old 22nd September 2016, 12:17   #1392
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations vito_parry. Wishing you many many miles of stress free and safe driving with your blue bolt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPTOR-XUV View Post
Congratulations Vito_parry. Blue indeed is a standout color of all in the other TUV colors.
Quote:
Many congratulations vito_parry on getting your Blue BOLT home .
Thank you much procrj, Raptor,Autoindia for the wonderful wishes.

@Procrj - Yes being an Aug manufacture vehicle am expecting niggle free driving.

@RAPTOR - Yes the showroom fitments are overpriced and by comparing for sure I saved by going in for an external vendor. I could get all the earlier mentioned fitments for Rs 23500 and a promise to provide an extra mat for the boot floor by this weekend.
vito_parry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 14:11   #1393

Quote:
Originally Posted by anil.manthripra View Post
Must thank Speedy Racer for his info on accessories which he fitted on his TUV 300.
http://m.overdrive.in/news/2016-auto...ance-revealed/
I saw the pics of Endurance model displayed in Auto Expo (refer to the above link). I thought its a new version of TUV 300 however I wrote to Mahindra who said that its only a customisation kit available. I wanted to speak to someone Senior and someone by name Vaibhav (sales and marketing) called me. Here is the discussion.

I asked if one has to drill holes to fit the Front, side and rear armour to fit the equipment. Also, if one need to drill holes to screw fit the wheel arches cladding. Vaibhav said Yes. I am uncomfortable to drill holes on a new car to add some plastic (which ofcourse looks good).

He further mentioned that the Endurance customisable kit will be available in mass production by end of July and they are trying to make it light weight so that it can be double taped to the car instead of drilling holes. The endurance model approx costs about 70K (all components displayed in the picture) according to him but we may have to wait for final update.

I hope all of this is true. I am booking TUV 300 manual day after tomorrow and thought this info will be useful for all BHPians.

Is there any update on endurance kit launch. There is no new yet about it in the market. Hope Mahindra launches the endurance edition in this festive season so that it can cash on the demand. They must incorporate several features that rivals are offering in this class of vehicle even if it increases the price of the model. Projector headlamps, automatic climate control, rear parking camera, rear AC vents are sorely missed in this vehicle.
Old 22nd September 2016, 14:45   #1394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Extra fitments are done at Crossovers - Secunderabad.

1. Mudflaps
2. Floor carpet
3. 4+1 Floor mats
4. Reverse Camera (Autocop)
Congratulations! vito_parry, wish you happy ownership of the Tank.

For installing reverse camera outside MASS, did you check whether it will impact warranty?

Quote:
can you share the software version?

Can you PM me the name & number of your SA at India Garage? I service my tank at India Garage Peenya and I dont have anything good to say about my SA or technicians there. Did you get your car serviced at IG Whitefield? If yes, do share feedback on service quality.
I will need to check the version. Is there an easy way to check the version?

I went to India Garage, Whitefield. Since my visit was coordinated by Mahindra Area Manager, adequate attention was given and even got a complimentary wash. Workmanship definitely better than Sireesh Auto, where I used to go earlier.
Old 22nd September 2016, 16:59   #1395
BHPian

Quote:
Agree with you vivek. If not public recalls, M&M should at-least call customers individually and ask them to bring in their cars for an upgrade/replacement/update. I havent had a lot of issue with my tank but if the change in vaccum modulator & hose results in better drivablity & throttle response, then I would surely want that.

My 2 cents - I think they are experimenting and trying to figure out what the problem is and what's the best solution before they replace parts en mass for all TUV owners and hence this 'preferential' treatment.

How has your tank been performing? Did M&M manage to solve most if not all of your issues?.
No changes or updates has been done in last 3-4 months. Normally I used to enquire every month about any possible software update but answer is same everytime, that sir you have the latest version.

Meanwhile steering iShaft has been changed due to slight play it had developed and now gear box mounting is gone bad and service centre ordered the part. Also I have learned to live with other problems like jerks in gear shift and knocking engine in the morning. Another problem which I am noticing lately is mileage, which is not going beyond 8 - 9 kmpl in 100% city conditions with moderate traffic (usually I don't travel at office timings) with AC on.

Quote:
Coolant level is steady in the last one week.

Regarding the power/pick-up, I believe this was due to a loose vacuum hose. On Monday 19 Sep, India Garage technicians visited my home and replaced the vacuum resonator with a higher capacity (20 cc) one, previous one was of 15 cc. They also replaced all the vacuum hoses with slightly bigger diameter hoses. ECU flashing was done. I have been told that this will fix engine knocking as well as power/pick-up issue.
As airbus mentioned about few parts change followed by unexpected improvements in performance, I too would like to talk to that advisor or AGM service with details of parts changed and ECU software version deployed. My service center guys have no idea about such changes.

Last edited by ezee : 22nd September 2016 at 17:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks