Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2016, 15:10   #1306
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Mahindra has now introduced a New Bronze Green (Army Green) colour as a standard offering (was earlier made to order if I am not mistaken).

Source : http://www.mahindratuv300.com/
The AD mentions that this colour is made to order only.
raj_5004 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 15:58   #1307

Any news on Endurance edition launch. Some prior post mentioned that it was due for launch in late July. Any update on this would be appreciated.
Old 16th August 2016, 16:18   #1308
BHPian

Anybody reviewed the upgraded 100 bhp TUV ?
Any noticeable changes on the running model?
Please do share the link once again, if I missed it in the sea of comments.
Old 16th August 2016, 22:18   #1309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshanand View Post
Anybody reviewed the upgraded 100 bhp TUV ?
Any noticeable changes on the running model?
Please do share the link once again, if I missed it in the sea of comments.
I coul not find any reviews of the 100 Bhp version here on TBHP, but have picked up this review done by Autocar India. It has good comparison over its predecessor (84 bhp avatar) as well as competition (Ecosport & Brezza)

Key changes:

Power: 100 Bhp Vs 84 Bhp
Torque: 240 Nm (1500-2800 rpm) Vs 230 Nm (1500-2250), increased peak torque with wider operating band
Interior: Good underthigh support for 2nd row seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Added hundred horses to our garage

Attachment 1542557
Many congratulations on adding those 100 horses to your garage. Please share lots of pictures with your initial impressions of those horses.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 16th August 2016 at 22:27.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 23:50   #1310
BHPian

How is the ride quality of TUV 300 compared to Safari in broken roads and highways?
I have travelled only in Safari and it dismisses bad roads like it was nothing.
Planning to book an AMT version for my wife, It will be used for highways also.
How easy is to drive this in narrow lanes and city traffic when compared to a small car like celerio.
I recently drove to Waynad from Chennai in Celerio. Whenever i encountered a bad patch of road, Thoughts of TUV 300 came to my mind.
And also does is feel sluggish above 100+ speeds in Highways?

@Existing owners, Please provide your inputs for me to take a balanced decision.
Old 17th August 2016, 08:26   #1311
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Added hundred horses to our garage
Congratulations mi2n. Wishing you many many miles of safe & trouble free ownership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post
How is the ride quality of TUV 300 compared to Safari in broken roads and highways?
I have travelled only in Safari and it dismisses bad roads like it was nothing.
never driven/traveled in a safari but based on my experience, here is how the TUV handles bad roads:
  • Broken culverts, broken & patch roads - you dont feel a thing as long as you are doing 25+ kmph
  • Small potholes, flyover joints, cement road joints and any other kind of intersections between 2 surfaces - again the tank takes it comfortably and only if you are doing 90+ kmph will passengers in rear seat feel that undulation
  • Very bad roads with huge craters & potholes or huge speedbrakers approached from an angle - at slow speeds the tank is bouncy and you are shaken & stirred. If you have the confidence to do 25+ kmph on these roads because you know the pothole depth etc, then its much better but still not as smooth as a duster.
Quote:
How easy is to drive this in narrow lanes and city traffic when compared to a small car like celerio.
Narrow depends on oncoming traffic as well. As a whole its an easy car to handle as the steering is light (IMHO, but other have complained of it being heavy at low speeds. Ask you wife to drive before you book) and the view from the driver seat is very good & you get clear sense of space. U turns are also quiet doable and I have never had an issue even in small lanes of old bangalore. You obviously cant compare it with a celerio as the tank is a lot bigger but for a big car, it maneuvers quiet easily.

Quote:
And also does is feel sluggish above 100+ speeds in Highways
Steady as a rock. I consistently maintain 110-120 kmph speeds on 4/6L highways and the tank feels very steady, keeps a straight line, can switch lanes quiet easily even at 80-90 kmph and power/braking is sufficient if you plan in advance. Low end torque ensures that you have enough grunt for those quick overtakes on 2L state highways & ghat roads. If you expect a pocket rocket like the elite i20, then this is not your car but since you compared this to the safari, this is probably a good car to consider in the 10L budget. For me, F.E has been steady at 13.8 - 14 kmpl irrespective of city/highway/ghat driving.

Almost 15K on the odo and the dwarf is munching miles
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-23img_20160813_105328440.jpg

Just back from another monsoon drive. Travelogue & details here
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dwarf.jpg
procrj is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 17th August 2016, 09:17   #1312

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Mahindra has introduced a New Bronze Green (Army Green) colour and this exclusive shade will be available on a Made-to-Order basis.

Source : http://www.mahindratuv300.com/
Why are manufacturers allowed to post pics with windows so heavily tinted and we are not allowed to put films on our cars?
Old 17th August 2016, 10:42   #1313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucksingh View Post
Why are manufacturers allowed to post pics with windows so heavily tinted and we are not allowed to put films on our cars?
For the simple reason that it enhances the looks of the car. In any marketing/ advertise campaign the looks or what appears to the eyes is more important, whereas when the car hits the road what's inside the car cabin is more important. Due to the increase in number of crimes committed inside the car, bringing the much needed transparency has become critical and hence the ban on sunfilms

That said, I am with you and can understand these double standards are not helping us as car users.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2016, 14:56   #1314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawah View Post
How many TUV owners do we have out of Chennai? I tried doing a search on the portal, with "0" results. Though I know that "Captain Rex" is from chennai and owns a TUV.

Do not yet the capability to PM, else would have PM'd Capt Rex.
Hi Sawah, thanx for getting in touch. Was nice talking to you, and by now I guess you would have got your TUV delivered and must be enjoying the Tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Today morning got the first puncture in my Orange Tank (@ 10.5K kms) . A screw with a washer had pierced the tyre, bang in between the two treads. With my swiss knife handy, it was easy to pull it out by plucking it at the washer.
Hi AutoIndian, I beat you to that. I got mine in the 3rd month, at around 5000 km. Luckily saw the screw while cleaning the car in the morning. The screw did not look deeply embedded, and I thought it would not have penetrated through the wall. I used a screwdriver and unscrewed it. whooshhhhh. Plugged the screw back in, tightened it and left immediately to the tyreshop. Got the hole plugged and still using the same tyre.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-puncture.jpg

Quote:
@Existing owners, Please provide your inputs for me to take a balanced decision.
ProcRJ has given a detailed answer. I have inserted the Rogerabs onto the coils of all four wheels. The roll has reduced considerably, while taking humps at an angle and while cornering at higher speeds.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-screenshot_20160817131649.png

Above is the latest FE figures for the new 118 bhp, 320nm torque TUV 3OO. .
Last month on 26th fitted the Race Dynamics Dieseltronics piggy back box. I have been using it on the P2 mode (40% increase) since then. A very noticeable difference in the drive. I still have not taken the TUV out on a clear highway to check on how it performs after 100 kmph, but by the way the TUV pulls now, I dont expect it to disappoint.
CAPTAIN REX is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th August 2016, 22:54   #1315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Congratulations mi2n. Wishing you many many miles of safe & trouble free ownership.

never driven/traveled in a safari but based on my experience, here is how the TUV handles bad roads:
  • Broken culverts, broken & patch roads - you dont feel a thing as long as you are doing 25+ kmph
  • Small potholes, flyover joints, cement road joints and any other kind of intersections between 2 surfaces - again the tank takes it comfortably and only if you are doing 90+ kmph will passengers in rear seat feel that undulation
  • Very bad roads with huge craters & potholes or huge speedbrakers approached from an angle - at slow speeds the tank is bouncy and you are shaken & stirred. If you have the confidence to do 25+ kmph on these roads because you know the pothole depth etc, then its much better but still not as smooth as a duster.
Thanks for the detailed reply. I love all your travelogues.
I have booked a test drive this weekend. If all is well, I would be booking the AMT variant soon. Hope all the AMT issues are sorted out now.
Old 18th August 2016, 09:53   #1316
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN REX View Post
I have inserted the Rogerabs onto the coils of all four wheels. The roll has reduced considerably, while taking humps at an angle and while cornering at higher speeds.
Captain - does this reduce the bounce when going over small undulation at highway speeds? This is my biggest problem right now as I need to drop speed from 110 to 80-85 kmph when I see culverts or small dips in the road on 4/6L highways. Would love to get this if it significantly reduces the bounce for 2nd row passengers.

Quote:
Above is the latest FE figures for the new 118 bhp, 320nm torque TUV 3OO. .
Last month on 26th fitted the Race Dynamics Dieseltronics piggy back box.
Now you are just bragging tempted to explore this. Could you also share details of how much it cost and any other changes mechanical/electrical that needs to be made in order to use the piggy back box?

Quote:
Thanks for the detailed reply. I love all your travelogues.
Thanks rock18
Quote:
I have booked a test drive this weekend. If all is well, I would be booking the AMT variant soon. Hope all the AMT issues are sorted out now.
Don't settle with 1 test drive. Drive it on bad roads, city traffic and highway so that you are able to evaluate the machine in all conditions.
Old 18th August 2016, 10:41   #1317
BHPian

Quote:
Last month on 26th fitted the Race Dynamics Dieseltronics piggy back box. I have been using it on the P2 mode (40% increase) since then. A very noticeable difference in the drive. I still have not taken the TUV out on a clear highway to check on how it performs after 100 kmph, but by the way the TUV pulls now, I dont expect it to disappoint.
Last week I have tested Race Dynamics DieselTRONICS performance box with my mHAWK80 AMT.

installation was easy and quickly done by the representative of Delhi dealer. Just removed the engine cover and bypassed the stock box.

Tested box performance for about 20 kms and my findings are:

It has no effect in power band below 1500 RPM or till 2nd gear.

P1 mode has more smooth working than P2 mode and there is smooth sailing after 2000 RPM.

P2 mode provides noticeable increase in bhp but makes engine a bit coarse and vibrations felt on A pedal too.

Overall performance found to be just OK with no effect on the main pain area of sluggish start below 2K RPM and spending 20K was not at all justified.

Will wait for any possible solution from Petes as well.
ezee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 14:20   #1318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Last month on 26th fitted the Race Dynamics Dieseltronics piggy back box. I have been using it on the P2 mode (40% increase) since then. A very noticeable difference in the drive.
Whether warranty will still be valid if we use third party device for performance improvement?
Old 18th August 2016, 15:01   #1319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
This is my biggest problem right now as I need to drop speed from 110 to 80-85 kmph when I see culverts or small dips in the road on 4/6L highways.
At 110 kmph I dont get to see the small dips.
Ok jokes apart, actually did not get to experience that. Previously at slow speeds the rocking and rolling was so very pronounced that the tweeters which were stuck on the dash top (using 3M double sided tape) came off a couple of times. This roll has now been reduced considerably, the tweeters remain stuck and the kids are not complaining about being tossed around in the 2nd row. Happy with the performance so far. Body roll while cornering at higher speeds is not noticed much.
Quote:
Now you are just bragging tempted to explore this. Could you also share details of how much it cost and any other changes mechanical/electrical that needs to be made in order to use the piggy back box?
I was using the same box, with a K&N air filter on the Vento. Got it for around Rs 19000/ in 2012, when the Vento was just 2 months old. Had a trouble free ride on the 'super charged' up Vento for 3 years before getting the TUV.
I removed the box when selling the Vento and got it remapped for free by Race Dynamics for the TUV. I only had to buy a new wiring harness which cost me Rs 2500/.
So now for Rs 2500/ I have 320nM, (I can see you going greeeeen, RJ) plus 118 BHP.
Now need to get a K&N filter for the TUV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
Last week I have tested Race Dynamics DieselTRONICS performance box with my mHAWK80 AMT.
Tested box performance for about 20 kms

Will wait for any possible solution from Petes as well.
I think trying the box over 20 kms is too short a time to give you an idea of a tuning box's capability, where, within this span you would have tried out all the 4 different modes.
From what I have experienced, the stock TUV did not fall short of grunt at slow speeds, and now with the box added, this has only boosted the power. After using it for the past 3 weeks only in the P2 mode, I have noticed that the engine is smoother now. It remains coarse for about 5 minutes in the morning upon the first start. After that it smooths up.
Hope that Pete's comes up with a box which might be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Whether warranty will still be valid if we use third party device for performance improvement?
It is a simple plug in arrangement. You disconnect the original plug from the ECU to the common rail, connect the RD box's plug to this inlet and connect the original car plug to the RD box. Another wire goes to the positive terminal of the battery. That is all.
So while giving the TUV for servicing, I just have to work the reverse and get the box out. The box is fixed in the engine bay using cable ties. So if M&M is not reading this thread, they will not come to know. No changes to the stock ECU takes place.
CAPTAIN REX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 21:49   #1320

Guys, I have got my TUV last week and it has been a pleasure driving it. However, I have to say that the Eco mode simply takes the pleasure out of driving. Can older users tell me how much FE do I stand to lose in city driving if I don't use the Eco mode?
Another small point to make. The first gear likes to take its time coming down from the initial high RPM while shifting up. That makes the engine growl as if someone were revving it up unnecessarily. Have adjusted my driving so that the 2nd gear is engaged only after the RPM comes back down. Did not face this issue with the other gears though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks