Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2016, 10:02   #1201
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawah View Post
Yes.. please let us all know once you start getting the details.

We seem to have folks whose AMT's are working without issues and some with issues. It might or might not be a hardware issue. Could in all probability IMO turn out user issue in all cases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
Can you please explain what are you trying to say ?
What I am trying to say is, we have TUV AMT owners who have no issues and others with issues. Those without issues, considering the number of sales, is more than the number with issues.
If it was specifically the issue with AMT, then the entire line up should have problems, or at the very least a full batch should.
From what I read in the forum, the issues are peripheral in nature, or is there a post that I have not read, wherein the AMT has been diagnosed to be the culprit, and a fix specifically provided for it?

Having said that, I am bitten by the TUV AMT, but am holding back in booking it till a clearer picture emerges, and information is available on the "Endurance" kit/model (and wishful thinking of a 4WD / AWD) .

But then again, I might book it in the next 2 -3 weeks, as my son wants it.
Old 25th June 2016, 21:28   #1202
Senior - BHPian

Friends, I want to share with you two observations, one that I observed today and the other for the last couple of weeks. First the older one:
  • After receiving a call and disconnecting it over the HU bluetooth, the pairing of my android phone with the HU bluetooth vanishes . I have to switch off my android phone's bluetooth and restart it to again pair it with the HU bluetooth. There is no consistent pattern for this, sometimes it happens and sometimes not. However now after each call I have to check on HU if my phone is still paired. Do any of the TUV owners here share similar experience?
  • Second issue was observed just today. Now that the monsoon has started my wipers were switched on & I was waiting at a red light. Since I was inching forward, right leg was on brake pedal and the left one of clutch pedal. For each swipe of the wiper I could sense the motion on both the brake & clutch pedals. While in motion I could hardly sense it on the pedals, but at crawling speeds, I could sense the wiper motion with my feet, pretty awkward isn't it? Did anyone have a similar observation?
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2016, 09:14   #1203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Friends, I want to share with you two observations, one that I observed today and the other for the last couple of weeks. First the older one:[list][*]After receiving a call and disconnecting it over the HU bluetooth, the pairing of my android phone with the HU bluetooth vanishes . I have to switch off my android phone's bluetooth and restart it to again pair it with the HU bluetooth. There is no consistent pattern for this, sometimes it happens and sometimes not. However now after each call I have to check on HU if my phone is still paired. Do any of the TUV owners here share similar experience?
The first issue is with the phone andriod update, even i had the same issue and i was thinking its an issue with the bluetooth software in my tank, but after several tests i had a conclusion that its an issue with my smart phone software on which its running(i faced this issue after recent upgrade)
SPEEDY_RACER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2016, 10:29   #1204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
The first issue is with the phone andriod update, even i had the same issue and i was thinking its an issue with the bluetooth software in my tank, but after several tests i had a conclusion that its an issue with my smart phone software on which its running(i faced this issue after recent upgrade)
Thanks for sharing your experience SPEEDY_RACER. Could you please share your android version? (mine is 4.4.2). Strangely I started facing this problem only since last one month. For almost six months from the purchase of my tank the bluetooth pairing, calls receiving etc everything worked flawlessly. The weird part is the pairing gets disconnected only after the first call is over and not in between while the call is ON. I am going to take this up during my 10K service next month if I don't get a solution till then.
Old 26th June 2016, 18:44   #1205

#Mahindra, here is my story behind #unliking your page.

I bought #TUV300 after being praised with reputation of a great Indian brand. I was being told #Mahindra is a great company with great products and I went ahead to buy my first #Mahindra dream car. Little did I realize that my dream to drive my first ever #Mahindra will soon became #nightmare.

Here's how the story unfolds of a #harrowing experience:
1. It all started with #GSPMahindra who was the dealer of my car. I booked silver T8 model of #TUV300 car in Sep'2015 with promise to get delivery of the car in 2nd week of Oct'15 (Navratras). On umpteen follow-up calls till last Navratras, I was being the car is still not available. On last day of Navratra, on escalation to senior most officials, I get a call that I can take delivery of the car but to my utter surprise, the car for delivery that was ready was a "white" TUV instead of "silver" TUV - really!! - do you think people are color blind. It was only after 2 weeks the car was delivered with some freebies (to compensate for color blindness) on 29th Oct'15.

2. I was happy, leaving the unpleasant experience behind and boasting about the great India co. with my family & friends till one fine day when my car suddenly stopped in middle of the road showing #Engine light.

3. #GSP was quick enough to take care the car for repair and return it to me next day only to realize the problem cropping up again in 2 weeks. It was taken again (not to mention to service station located in outskirts of Gurgaon) only to be delivered back with now a new problem.

4. This new problem unfolded in the 4th week - which was an irritating sound on pressing accelerator. I called up #GSP again only to hear that they will fix and I need to send car again 50 km away to their service station. The problem appeared to be fixed by #Mahindra and car was sent back to me.

5. Well - the 5th week was wonderful and I had my fingers crossed but as they say when everything goes right something has to go wrong and bingo! - the accelerator problem resurfaced now with a new issue of knocking sound under the gear box. To my frustration, I refused to send my car this time but #GSP sent some mechanics to my office and fixed the problem.

6. Till date, the accelerator problem though is resolved but the knocking sound is still persists. #GSP claims #Mahindra still doesn't have a solution for this even after trying all the possible fixes.

7. I was trying to live with this problem of knocking sound which is (quite irritating to be honest) by giving our desi company #Mahindra benefit of launching all desi vehicle with minor niggles

8. Well, the confidence did not last much long. Starting May'16, now a new problem #OBD light came to haunt me!. The engine would suddenly lose power while accelerating and car won't go beyond 60-70 kmph - now that is what you really call a #Tank - that just sits and doesn't run.

8. This time doubting the #GSP service center, I decided to send my car to another service station #RR Mahindra in Gurgaon hoping one & final solution to the nightmare.

9. The staff at #RR Mahindra was super courteous and heard my concerns and told me that problem will be fixed in no time - little did I realize, it was another horrendous journey that was about to commence.

10. The car now has been to #RR Mahindra station for the 6th time in last 1 month. Everytime, #Mahindra claims that it has fixed the problem. I drive the car for a day only to get super irritated & bugged by the same #OBD light and engine losing the steam problem. The car refuses to accelerate, loses steam suddenly when running and you soon find yourself (sitting in a so called battle tank) being overtaked by rickshaw wallah!

11. Unsure all this while if I mentioned that I got original accessories done from #Mahindra at time of delivery of the car only to realize that the bull bar was incompatible with silencer of the car & makes a 'bell' like sound everytime car starts & stops - guess #Mahindra wants this is devotional aspect to be maintained & make you believe that your car is your temple!

#Mahindra, it is because of you people of this country do not believe in #makeinindia products and choose to vow by #Hyundai's, #Honda's and other brands. I must admit that your staff is super courteous but what is the point if your product is not fail to deliver what you promise or advertise. I feel cheated and I must say from a big promoter, you have found a big detractor for your brand. I waste hours of my familytime (not to mention inconvenience I face of not having a car) every weekend to get the car fixed & still shell out 30K EMI per month. For record, my car in last 8 month has been your service station 18 times!!!. Sorry, but I couldn't have been more patient & a better unvocal #Indian.

Amit Nagpaul

Moderator's Note: Please work towards making your posts legible by using the right punctuations, spaces, paragraph breaks etc. For this once we have cleaned up your post to make it readable. Also, please avoid loading your posts with so many hashtags. You are confusing this board with twitter.

Please read our board rules before you make your next post.

Last edited by Aditya : 25th July 2016 at 17:24. Reason: Mod note corrected
anagpaul is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th June 2016, 19:32   #1206
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for sharing your experience SPEEDY_RACER. Could you please share your android version? (mine is 4.4.2). Strangely I started facing this problem only since last one month. For almost six months from the purchase of my tank the bluetooth pairing, calls receiving etc everything worked flawlessly. The weird part is the pairing gets disconnected only after the first call is over and not in between while the call is ON. I am going to take this up during my 10K service next month if I don't get a solution till then.
I have Cynogen 6.0.1 Version, Just note that any thing above Lollipop the problem occurs as per the Mahindra guys, and this is how it happens, you pair the Bluetooth finish first call, that's it second call would not be audible and it would be silent the music system would not detect the phone and call but it shows its connected. All you need is to disconnect and connect the phone Bluetooth and again its only for one/two calls thats it. Hope these clarifies we tried around 10-20 phones when i was in service center few had problem and for few it was working flawless where Andriod version was lower level and even no issues with Apple Phones. Hence i had to agree as per the service center guys.

Last edited by SPEEDY_RACER : 26th June 2016 at 19:35.
SPEEDY_RACER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2016, 20:25   #1207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anagpaul View Post
#Mahindra, here is my story behind #unliking your page. I bought #TUV300 after being praised with reputation of a great Indian brand. I was being told #Mahindra is a great company with great products and I went ahead to buy my first #Mahindra dream car. Little did I realize that my dream to drive my first ever #Mahindra will soon became #nightmare. Here's how the story unfolds of a #harrowing experience:
This is very shocking story indeed. Another example of why not to trust Indian manufacturers.

Amit do you live in Ardee City or nearby society. May be i can help you reaching higher officials of Mahindra.

Also RR Auto is not authorised to service TUV officially, it's very strange that they accepted your vehicle.

Last edited by aah78 : 29th June 2016 at 18:01. Reason: Avoid quote large posts entirely please. Thanks!
Old 26th June 2016, 22:20   #1208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
#Mahindra, here is my story behind #unliking your page. I bought #TUV300 after being praised with reputation of a great Indian brand.
Feel very sorry for your Amit. When I went through your post the first time I though you were talking about problems with TUV AMT. But then on my second glance, nowhere did I find a mention of AMT in your post and concluded that this disaster has happened with a manual transmission TUV. I believe such issues are being reported first time for a manual transmission TUV at least on this forum. Have your car undergone all the mandatory recalls and all the below mentioned parts replaced in your car:
  • Vacuum modulator EGR
  • Vacuum Resonator
  • FDM (Fuel Delivery Module)
As Ezee mentioned if your service center is not able to diagnose and fix the problem, escalate it to higher ups in Mahindra. They should involve their Customer Service or R&D people to troubleshoot & fix the issue. Mahindra Customer care is very responsive. You can begin by sending all the issues you faced till date in an e-mail to customercare@mahindra.com

Edit: Just realized that the above is your first post on TBHP. Welcome to TBHP mate , not a good way to begin your journey here , but rest assured we all are here to help you out.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 26th June 2016 at 22:23.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 08:43   #1209
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
mine is 4.4.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
I have Cynogen 6.0.1 Version
I am running android M 6.0.1 on my moto and have no issues with bluetooth pairing or calls. I haven't experienced any vibration on A,B & C pedals because of wipers. Will observe during this week and update.

Quote:
#Mahindra, here is my story
Quote:
car undergone all the mandatory recalls and all the below mentioned parts replaced in your car:
  • Vacuum modulator EGR
  • Vacuum Resonator
  • FDM (Fuel Delivery Module)
Amit- very disheartening to see Mahindra's response to problems with your TUV. As highlighted by ezee and other AMT owners here, they are not the best when it comes to customer experience and persistence is probably the only way to resolve your issues. A little alarmed to see that even the manual TUV continues to have power delivery issues. Can you confirm that the part recalls listed by AutoIndian have been changed? You should get access to your service history and go thought it in detail to understand what parts & services have been changed/rendered.

Last edited by procrj : 27th June 2016 at 08:50.
Old 27th June 2016, 09:25   #1210
BHPian

Quote:
#Mahindra, here is my story behind #unliking your page. I bought #TUV300 after being praised with reputation of a great Indian brand.
#Mahindra, it is because of you people of this country do not believe in #makeinindia products and choose to vow by #Hyundai's, #Honda's and other brands. I must admit that your staff is super courteous but what is the point if your product is not fail to deliver what you promise or advertise. I feel cheated and I must say from a big promoter, you have found a big detractor for your brand. I waste hours of my familytime (not to mention inconvenience I face of not having a car) every weekend to get the car fixed & still shell out 30K EMI per month. For record, my car in last 8 month has been your service station 18 times!!!. Sorry, but I couldn't have been more patient & a better unvocal #Indian.

Amit Nagpaul
Amit,

What a horror you must be going through everyday

As far as my reading of issues listed here goes, looks like tanks from 2015 and start of 2016 were having major problems. Also the no transparency in mentioning recalls publicly and issues fixed behind the scenes during regular servicing are badly hurting fellow tank owners.
Old 29th June 2016, 12:46   #1211
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN REX View Post
I hope they come up with something better than that, because the noise vanishes when the engine gets warmed up.
Captain did you get your tank from the service center. Do share an update on the problem and explanation provided by MASS.
Old 29th June 2016, 13:16   #1212
BHPian

Mod: Please feel free to move this post to the correct forum.

Friends, not sure of this camouflaged vehicle caught last week in Viman Nagar, Pune. Sorry for the photo quality as it was taken by spouse using mobile camera.

Any guesses? is it some new vehicle from Mahindra?

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-scoop_24jun16_2.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-scoop_24jun16.jpg
Old 29th June 2016, 13:43   #1213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Mod: Please feel free to move this post to the correct forum.
Friends, not sure of this camouflaged vehicle caught last week in Viman Nagar, Pune. Sorry for the photo quality as it was taken by spouse using mobile camera.
Any guesses? is it some new vehicle from Mahindra?
Well, well! You seem to have caught a bigger fish than that. This in fact looks like the C-SUV that is supposed be coming in from Jeep!!
Mahindra don't have a compact SUV product in the pipeline right now. A facelift to the TUV which is still young is unlikely. The Ssangyong Tivoli won't look like this.

That leaves us to other manufacturers. Jeep was the most likely guess. A bold seven slat grille and the characteristic round headlamps point out towards the same.
My first thought was 'Renegade'. But this to my eye looks somewhat bigger than that car. Could as well be the Renegade itself though.

Last edited by mukul32 : 29th June 2016 at 13:50.
mukul32 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 14:16   #1214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukul32 View Post
My first thought was 'Renegade'. But this to my eye looks somewhat bigger than that car. Could as well be the Renegade itself though.
I Remember reading on motoroids last week that Jeep was working on an Indian version of the Renegade. This looks a lot like a Jeep product as you have pointed out. Did not expect the 'Indian Renegade' would be in such an advanced stage i.e road testing.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 16:38   #1215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukul32 View Post
Well, well! You seem to have caught a bigger fish than that. This in fact looks like the C-SUV that is supposed be coming in from Jeep!!
Thanks Mukul32, procrj. I searched for Jeep Renegade and it has been spotted for sometime now. Here is the related thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3999902

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks