Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2016, 17:51   #1141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
Maybe a change in AMT technology. I am really not sure on this. Guess all the complaints they received made them opt for a better technology in coming times.

Has any existing AMT owners driven the AMT duster ? Wonder how different is it to TUV AMT.
If they do so then it will be the second cheating to existing 100 bhp customers after the 81 bhp. Mahindra clearly knows flaws of existing TUV AMT system and somehow technicians show their sympathy with us too. But officially they have become super silent. Their engineers blame everything to AMT characteristics. So its quite obvious they must be looking for alternatives.

Also yes i have driven Duster AMT just to make sure that what Mahindra is quoting as AMT features, are really same with others or not.

But i tell you guys Duster clearly has a better AMT system than TUV. Yes there is some sluggishness in first 2 gears but after that it works like breeze. One more thing i liked was No auto downshifts in manual mode, enabling us to have more control on power bands available.
ezee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2016, 18:13   #1142
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
An insider tells me the AMT will be soon relaunched as the demand is massive.
Can you elaborate on the term "insider".

Quote:
Also, the 100 bhp engine is mainly to cope for the off-roading abilities with the possibility of the future 4WD model.
I am not really sure whether the 100 bhp is really sufficient enough for off-roading. Does the engine hold that much juice? I always thought you needed a min 2+L.
sawah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 10:03   #1143

Been a BHP member for quite sometime but my busy office schedule didn't allow me to be glued. Recently did a teat drive on AMT 100 horses and then embarked on reading this thread. I only checked on the space, looks and engine noise post 100 kmps. Now I know what all needs to be checked and will go for another test drive. Given the problems (quoted in this thread) on AMT, my preference would be manual. Need to urgently change my 2007 model Honda City Zx Gxi. Mahindra says they cannot take it for exchange in Hyderabad as it has HR registration (got NOC and locally paid tax too).
Waiting for this weekend for manual 100 mHawk test drive..
Old 28th May 2016, 12:49   #1144
BHPian

Creta, the Best-Selling UV in April 2016, Vitara Brezza in Second Place

http://carandbike.com/news/creta-the...-place-1411661

Surprising to not see TUV anywhere in the top 10. More surprising is to see Kwid there.

@Admin: I had posted a similar message on Apr 26, and also rec'd a note that pssagar had quoted and replied. But neither my original msg nor the reply is visible. I have dropped you a note on the same through the portal.
Old 28th May 2016, 16:34   #1145
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawah View Post
Can you elaborate on the term "insider".
I am not really sure whether the 100 bhp is really sufficient enough for off-roading. Does the engine hold that much juice? I always thought you needed a min 2+L.
The 2015 FIAT Panda awd features 1.3 L diesel, twin diffs and viscous coupling (http://www.topgear.com/car-news/pari...fiat-panda-4x4). The original Panda awd was launched over 30 years ago(!), the article goes on to say.

The Daihatsu Terios(1.5 L) & Suzuki Jimny(1.3L) are both well below 2.0L and are well regarded in their respective markets (http://www.leisurewheels.co.za/shoot...ight-face-off/).

In our country the Duster AWD, driven by the 1.5 L diesel is popular too.
Old 28th May 2016, 23:01   #1146
BHPian

http://www.rushlane.com/mahindra-qua...-12174127.html

I wonder why this was not plonked onto Nuvosport or TUV. Wou!d have made sense to have the 4cyl and higher liter engine with 4WD to really kick the market (aka competitors). Forgetting the smaller engine tax benefit.
sawah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 11:28   #1147
Senior - BHPian

This morning I had a discussion with a Service Manager of Sireesh Auto. I was told that mHAWK80 can't be upgraded to mHAWK100 primarily because existing rules don't permit change of engine/power after registration. On the question of retrofitting second row seat with the upgraded one, he told me that bolt positions are different. I will still write to Mahindra to check official response on these two questions.
airbus is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 12:24   #1148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
I was told that mHAWK80 can't be upgraded to mHAWK100 primarily because existing rules don't permit change of engine/power after registration.
I can understand not being able to change the engine, but one can do that and get the vehicle re-registered, cant they? How do any total loss vehicles with engine changes get registered?

In this case, there is no engine change. Engine number remains the same. Do the registration documents mention the bhp of the vehicle / engine. Need to check.

Quote:
On the question of retrofitting second row seat with the upgraded one, he told me that bolt positions are different. I will still write to Mahindra to check official response on these two questions.
I read somewhere, an individual had got his 2nd row seat reclined a bit through external mechanics. Unless off course you want to change the seat itself?
Old 30th May 2016, 15:32   #1149
BHPian

Quote:
This morning I had a discussion with a Service Manager of Sireesh Auto. I was told that mHAWK80 can't be upgraded to mHAWK100 primarily because existing rules don't permit change of engine/power after registration. On the question of retrofitting second row seat with the upgraded one, he told me that bolt positions are different. I will still write to Mahindra to check official response on these two questions.
I don't think that Mahindra will offer upgrades to 100 bhp engine. They are making excuse in the name of legal limitations but I tell you guys there are provisions to make changes in RC, which are normally done in the case of engine change etc. But in upgrade cases there is no engine number change is required. In some states BHP is mentioned on the RC paper but in some its not. Infact in my RC paper BHP is mentioned wrong as 84 bhp (should be 81) for TUV AMT, which they say not to worry about. In one of my friends RC is 59.6 bhp mentioned for the same.

The crucial part is engine displacement which cant be changed, and which is same in mHawk80 and 100 engines.

You may imagine the company which does not even announce official recalls even after 3 major silent parts changes, which were threat to passengers life, will never offer such upgrades without any financial benefits. Even they were so silent on this matter that they sold 84 bhp models 3 days to one week prior to the launch, think about those owners, they could have got 100 bhp TUVs by just paying 8K more. And once the 100 bhp launched they immediately announced a Rs 45000 discount on older TUVs just to clear the stock.

Mahindra is a bigtime cheater and TUV was the last vehicle I have purchased from Mahindra and will convince others too not to buy anything from mahindra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawah View Post
I can understand not being able to change the engine, but one can do that and get the vehicle re-registered, cant they? How do any total loss vehicles with engine changes get registered?

In this case, there is no engine change. Engine number remains the same. Do the registration documents mention the bhp of the vehicle / engine. Need to check.

I read somewhere, an individual had got his 2nd row seat reclined a bit through external mechanics. Unless off course you want to change the seat itself?
TUV reclined second row seats details are posted by someone here - http://tuvclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=20
Old 30th May 2016, 16:41   #1150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
Mahindra is a bigtime cheater and TUV was the last vehicle I have purchased from Mahindra and will convince others too not to buy anything from mahindra.
Correct.

Even I bought the previous gen XUV5OO and they launched the New Age XUV after that.

I want the New Age XUV's front bumpers, headlights, grille and the new infotainment system. That said, I heard the new XUV has a better ride too, so I will need the new suspension setup as well.

Oh yes, they even offer the A/T, so I might need that too in my XUV.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 30th May 2016 at 16:43.
raj_5004 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 11:53   #1151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
While I empathise with your on your hardship with AMT, that's how market dynamics works irrespective of brands.

But every new product or model when launched or revised the previous customer loose out something. We have been Mahindra product owners from past 40+ years, and we have always had good experience with them. Irrespective of issues, the customer centric approach has been appreciable. We have owned VW, Suzuki, Skoda and Ford in our family and in all cases the newer version has always comes with better feature and comfort.

My recent buy is XUV 500 W6 in Feb 2016, in March 2016 they have done significant changes to the entertainment system. I lost it. So it is. That's how the market works.

I don't want to be sarcastic, if you want to buy the latest model with all features, never buy it today, simply buy it tomorrow, and the tomorrow will never come.
LoneRidder is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 08:14   #1152

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Correct.

Even I bought the previous gen XUV5OO and they launched the New Age XUV after that.

I want the New Age XUV's front bumpers, headlights, grille and the new infotainment system. That said, I heard the new XUV has a better ride too, so I will need the new suspension setup as well.

Oh yes, they even offer the A/T, so I might need that too in my XUV.

I could sense the sarcasm in your message. I liked the next post which says, if you want the best features and upgraded model don't buy it today. Wait for tomorrow and that tomorrow never comes..

On that note, I am all set to book a Tank T8 manual and waiting to sell off my existing car first. I am in love with it soon after test drives and especially the accessories it has on offer..
anil.manthripra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2016, 03:50   #1153

Hi, BHPians

Did any one get the body armour kit installed on the tank? Would like to know the price and any pics of it would be great..

Would it look good on Orange or Silver?

Anil
Old 6th June 2016, 11:51   #1154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anil.manthripra View Post
Hi, BHPians

Did any one get the body armour kit installed on the tank? Would like to know the price and any pics of it would be great..

Would it look good on Orange or Silver?

Anil
You could check Speedy_Racers post with pics

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3982282

Though it is not the full kit, but you should get an idea, I hope.
Old 6th June 2016, 14:21   #1155
BHPian

Hi all,
Got the 10000 km servicing done in April. I did it when the odo read just little over 9000 km as I had a long trip planned during the kids vacation and knew that doing the service in between would not be feasible.
Apart from the normal planned service, I had been having a 'clank' noise from under the gear lever when ever the rear wheels go over a hump. This would happen only when the engine was cold. Once the engine warms up and the 'engine temperature' bar shows around 4 to 5 bars, the sound vanishes. So it was difficult to explain that to the service station, as by the time I got there, the engine would have warmed up.
Therefore, in order the service station guys get to hear the noise, I took the vehicle to the service station a day prior to my service appointment, and asked them to keep the TUV overnight and then Test drive the TUV the next morning.
The next day when I inquired with the Service Manager, he mentioned that the vehicle was test driven on all possible terrain, but they could not hear the noise.
Got the vehicle after service that evening or rather - that night. Thanx to Zulaikha Motors well managed service personnel. They had promised delivery by 1800 hrs but I was able to leave the service station just before 9pm.
The gear oil was renewed as part of the service, and I expected that that might solve the problem. But no - the next morning again the clanking noise while passing over humps, which disappears once the engine heats up.
At times the clanking is so severe, that people who are with me in the TUV have started asking what the noise was.
Last week I mailed M&M customer care regarding this issue and received a reply saying that the case was being forwarded to the Chennai Customer Care Manager.
Promptly I got a call from Mr Aravinda Ghosh, the Chennai Customer Care Manager, who mentioned that the Service personnel from Zulaikha Motors will come to my residence on saturday morning to do a TEST drive while the engine was cold, along with me.
Saturday came and went, with no one turning up. Today I sent a mail to Mr Aravinda regarding what had happened over the weekend. He apologized for the lapse and mentioned that he shall look into the matter.
A while ago I get a mail from him stating that the matter has been escalated to the next level. Previously the case was with Mr Karthikesan, GM Service who did nothing. Now it has been escalated to Mr Rengasamy, GGM.
Escalation and escalation and I hope the issue is solved before it reaches Mr Anand Mahindra.
Also of late, the 'whooo' noise from the engine (due the resonator) has re-surfaced. The resonator was replaced during the last service at 4000 km.
The odo now reads 13200 km.

Has any TUV owner experienced this sort of noise ?
CAPTAIN REX is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks