Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2016, 08:55   #1231
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed88 View Post
TUV has sold 1722 units in June 2016 according to Autopunditz. We are witnessing consistent slide in its sales.
With the slide down on sales comes a slide down on prices as well. The discount on the 85PS has been increased to 25K cash discount + 25K exchange bonus + 7.5K corporate discount. The 100PS model doesn't get any discounts AFAIK. I think Mahindra will slowly transition to the 100PS across the range. Unlike most engines where higher power figure comes at the cost of city driveability (Duster, 1.3 MJD) the TUV does not lose out on low end response at all, probably due to the dual stage turbo.

TUV owners, Are there any major issues with the manual version with the mHawk80? I'm interested in the T6+ model and it's only available with the 84 PS engine as of now. Have the initial niggles been sorted out? Would you feel confident enough to recommend it to your friends? TIA.

Also, what is the PCD of the TUV's wheels? Is it 160x5, same as the Scorpio, or 114.3x5 like the Duster, Brezza etc?

Last edited by vivekgk : 9th July 2016 at 08:56.
Old 9th July 2016, 11:08   #1232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Also, what is the PCD of the TUV's wheels? Is it 160x5, same as the Scorpio, or 114.3x5 like the Duster, Brezza etc?
TUV has 215 75 R15 which is again a copy of what Bolero has. Somehow TUV has branding image inherited from Bolero and Quanto, which created a negative image with in initial months after launch.

Another problem Mahindra has created itself was loosing customers trust by too many quick decisions and endless list of niggles (specially with the AMT variant). When customers complained about jerky and unreliable AMT, what they did was - stopped 81bhp AMT and launched 100 bhp with refined AMT. Now this irked existing customers and they declared a war against Mahindra in social media. But a possible social media impact was completely ignored by Mahindra which later proved costly with so many negative comments. Even T8 customers were stunned by this 100 bhp launch and last moment buyers were not given any news or chance to wait or exchange.

But it was not the end, now TUV Manual customers also started complaining about problems in gear shifting and breaking down vehicle without any warning signs.

Tyres getting old and now a hidden demon comes out - guess what ? Yes its WHEEL SLIPPING

TUV has considerable wheel slips due to a very common feature of RWDs is missing, which is differential locking mechanism. Without this feature no RWDs can survive especially those which are sub 4 meter in length and majority of weight placed in front side of the vehicle. This is a potentially dangerous problem coming up as tyres are getting older. People struggling with slipping wheels on negligible slopes or slopes like in parking lots or cemented surfaces. Now think of hairpin bends and muddy conditions.

Mahindra should sit back and think seriously. All the trust and love they earned with Scorpio and XUV, is loosing out and now getting translated in sales numbers.

Immediate Measures Mahindra should work upon are:
  • Make public recalls, rather than doing it silently
  • Recall and replace AMT system of all 81 bhp AMTs with a better one
  • Recall and add differential locking mechanism in all TUVs
  • Public want features - Add simple features like rear AC ducts, climate control, push button start, touch screen etc in any possible future version.

I hope someone from Mahindra should see these threads and feel the matter of urgency and stop treating sales figures as a side effect of Creta and Brezza.
Old 9th July 2016, 16:15   #1233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post

PCD is the same as the Next Gen Scorpio.
Its not 160X5 for sure.
Old 9th July 2016, 21:25   #1234
BHPian

PCD of TUV300 is 114.3x5

Last edited by needforspeed88 : 9th July 2016 at 21:29.
Old 11th July 2016, 10:43   #1235
BHPian

So Here come the news about my Tank

Last Friday it was bumper to bumper traffic, and i was near city market there was loss of power in my tank i initially thought that its the same issue which occurred earlier where engine noise was like a Tempo Traveler, but to my surprise the engine was smooth & silent and no issues, had to switch off the engine and switch on to gain the power as the vehicle was not ready to move due to the power loss, parked the tank(after doing several start & stop and driving close to 2 kms due to traffic) on the road side and called the service adviser immediately and he told me to disconnect the vacuum modulator connection and drive, and after doing so engine came to life back again.

Reached home around 10 in the night due to bad traffic, even i have noticed that in the traffic, before disconnecting the vacuum modulator the engine heat was around 7 points in the MID.

Adviser told me to get the vehicle on Monday as Saturday it was completely occupied, would be taking the tank tomorrow.

This is the first time i had faced issue with respect to power loss.

Last edited by SPEEDY_RACER : 11th July 2016 at 10:45.
SPEEDY_RACER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 14:29   #1236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
he told me to disconnect the vacuum modulator connection and drive, and after doing so engine came to life back again.
Would all drivers know how to disconnect the modulator, or did the SA run it down with you step-by-step on phone to achieve this?

Did you not have this modulator changed earlier, or was it Captain Rex's (a bit hazy)?
Old 11th July 2016, 15:11   #1237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawah View Post
Would all drivers know how to disconnect the modulator, or did the SA run it down with you step-by-step on phone to achieve this?

Did you not have this modulator changed earlier, or was it Captain Rex's (a bit hazy)?
No he told me over phone where and how to disconnect, and these modulator was changed initially in my presence hence i was aware where it was.
Old 15th July 2016, 18:03   #1238
BHPian

Update: After the vehicle was dropped in the authorized service center they took sweet two days to identify the real culprit. The faulty part was EGR Value which connects the Vacuum modulator, they changed it under warranty and confirmed to me that it was faulty, i too did the long drive and no issues identified and now the vehicle is normal with pickup.

Quote:
So Here come the news about my Tank

Last Friday it was bumper to bumper traffic, and i was near city market there was loss of power in my tank i initially thought that its the same issue which occurred earlier where engine noise was like a Tempo Traveler, but to my surprise the engine was smooth & silent and no issues, had to switch off the engine and switch on to gain the power as the vehicle was not ready to move due to the power loss, parked the tank(after doing several start & stop and driving close to 2 kms due to traffic) on the road side and called the service adviser immediately and he told me to disconnect the vacuum modulator connection and drive, and after doing so engine came to life back again.

Reached home around 10 in the night due to bad traffic, even i have noticed that in the traffic, before disconnecting the vacuum modulator the engine heat was around 7 points in the MID.

Adviser told me to get the vehicle on Monday as Saturday it was completely occupied, would be taking the tank tomorrow.

This is the first time i had faced issue with respect to power loss.

Last edited by SPEEDY_RACER : 15th July 2016 at 18:05.
SPEEDY_RACER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 21:23   #1239
BHPian

How many TUV owners do we have out of Chennai? I tried doing a search on the portal, with "0" results. Though I know that "Captain Rex" is from chennai and owns a TUV.

Do not yet the capability to PM, else would have PM'd Capt Rex.
sawah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 23:42   #1240
BHPian

Quote:
now the vehicle is normal with pickup.
Glad to hear you are back cruising in your Tank. With the rate the parts are being changed in warranty, M&M might as well change the whole car.
Old 18th July 2016, 22:26   #1241
Senior - BHPian

Guys today I received a call from the local M&M service centre as a reminder for my upcoming 10K service. I have booked an appointment on 30th July, by which time I would have crossed the 10K mark. The lady at the other end of the phone also mentioned that there would be a recall part fixed during this service. Seems some cables of the ABS sensor become loose due to which some cars are getting the "ABS activation" symbol on the dash, which is a false alarm. This recall should be addressing this issue. Did any one of the TUV owners face this issue or get any information about this part's recall?
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 23:56   #1242

Got my new TUV T8 MT delivered on Saturday. Lots of good things to talk about the delivery day, SA's pro activeness (VVC Motors Hyderabad) and the fun in driving the tank.

Identified ESS problem during PDI and got it fixed before the delivery. The dealer didn't allow me to drive the car during PDI so couldn't identify few issues like wheel balancing, RHS door rattling sound etc.

ESS feature is amazing but sometimes annoying when the engine stops at a time you want to move ahead (it takes 3 secs to stop, so don't come to neutral when you see around 10secs left for a green signal). The engine starts after you engage the clutch but you should wait until the engine is completely started. I engaged gear while the engine is cranking because of ESS kicking in and the car wobbled so badly that the Engine OBD was lit for few secs. I stopped ESS and started the engine using the key. All well again and ESS kept working with out issues.

Two of my office colleagues who are eco sport owners are impressed with its size and the features

Will share a detailed Ownership review over the weekend.. Good night folks
anil.manthripra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 07:48   #1243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anil.manthripra View Post
Got my new TUV T8 MT delivered on Saturday. Lots of good things to talk about the delivery day, SA's pro activeness (VVC Motors Hyderabad) and the fun in driving the tank.
Many congratulations Anil Please share with us the cost break-up and final on-road price and yes also lot of good pictures of your tank.

Regarding ESS, I would say it is good to have & you would enjoy it when it is new, but over a period of time you may keep it off. The main reason being the AC getting shut off during the stops and the break dance that the whole car does during the start-ups and stops.
Old 19th July 2016, 08:34   #1244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The faulty part was EGR Value which connects the Vacuum modulator, they changed it under warranty and confirmed to me that it was faulty
Thanks for that info. First owner to report EGR valve fault. Now i wonder if this whole vaccum resonator & modulator change is just stop gap while the EGR valve is the main culprit. Time will tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Seems some cables of the ABS sensor become loose due to which some cars are getting the "ABS activation" symbol on the dash, which is a false alarm.
Many owners on the facebook group got a recall for this and there is no part replacement involved. What they do is ensure that the rear wheel ABS cables are attached right and check the clamps/routing is tight. 5-10 minute job as mentioned by owners on facebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anil.manthripra View Post
Got my new TUV T8 MT delivered on Saturday.
Congrats Anil. It this the 100 BHP version. If yes then I think you are the first here to own the same. Hope you have a stress free and enjoyable journey with your tank. Looking forward to your ownership thread.

Have all owners here opted for extended warranty? I was on the fence regarding this but given the rate at which my tank is munching miles and the issues being reported here, I think I will opt for the same in the coming few weeks.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 08:47   #1245
BANNED

Quote:
The faulty part was EGR Value which connects the Vacuum modulator, they changed it under warranty and confirmed to me that it was faulty
Shouldn't this be reflecting when the OBD Scan was done?

Was the valve stuck or electronic failure?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks