Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2016, 23:15   #1366
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I hope at least India Garage is able to give a permanent solution. They are definitely better than Sireesh Auto (as per the feedback from many Bangalore TBHP members). Keep the M&M's Bangalore area manager in loop for all the communication with India Garage. He can tighten the screws on the dealer if things are not falling in place.
My Tank was with India Garage on Monday 12 Sep. Service Adviser along with the Service Manager took details of all the issues. They found that replaced hose thermostat inlet was not properly seated. They also checked other replacements done by Sireesh Auto. Found another loose vacuum hose. Updated ECU software. I also reported low power in Eco mode. They did a test drive and were able to reproduce the problem. Not sure what they did but the vehicle now definitely feels more powerful. Feels like the power I used to get in Power mode earlier is now available in Eco mode and Power mode feels more powerful

No visible drop in coolant level after driving about 50 kms.

Got calls from AGM Service as well as India Garage customer support team inquiring about vehicle performance and I have given positive feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito_parry View Post
Got a discount of 4000 on insurance which is now at 37k after which the price is 10.10 lakhs.
I took my Tank on company car lease in Dec 2015. Dealer was quoting Rs. 32,706/- for insurance, but my lease provider did nil depreciation insurance just for Rs. 22,440/-

Last edited by airbus : 14th September 2016 at 23:42. Reason: Added reply to another post.
airbus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 07:31   #1367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Feels like the power I used to get in Power mode earlier is now available in Eco mode and Power mode feels more powerful

insurance just for Rs. 22,440/-
Wonderful to know that the Tank is back to its potential and nil issues.

22k for a nil dip is just awesome. Can you tell us which insurance company is this? and will there be any issues if i do not take the insurance from the dealer.
vito_parry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 08:42   #1368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Feels like the power I used to get in Power mode earlier is now available in Eco mode and Power mode feels more powerful

No visible drop in coolant level after driving about 50 kms.
Happy to know that your perennial problem of coolant leakage has finally been resolved. As mentioned earlier workmanship makes such a big difference. However do keep a close watch on the coolant level for the next couple of weeks.

Regarding the power/pick-up ask the service centre what exactly did they do. Was it the tightening of loose vacuum hose & updates in the ECU software that fixed the power issue?
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 12:41   #1369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito_parry View Post
Can you tell us which insurance company is this? and will there be any issues if i do not take the insurance from the dealer.
My insurance company is National Insurance. I don't think there will be any issue if you don't take insurance from dealer.
Old 15th September 2016, 15:55   #1370
BHPian

Dealer quoted insurance cost 36500 for my T8 AMT but when I said I am getting at 23000 from ICICI, they said no problem we will match that figure and final amount came 23500 only from ICICI Lombard.
Old 15th September 2016, 20:40   #1371
BHPian

URGENT

Need advice urgently. After the hose is changed for high coolant consumption, I have driven the car for about 50 kms and noticed the coolant has slightly dropped but not very noticeable. The worry is I am taking the car for a 1k km drive tomorrow. I will be checking the reservoir at the regular intervals. But what if the level drops significantly and I cannot find Maximile Ultracool that Mahindra uses on the highway ? Can I refill with water or any other brand and safely drive to the nearest service center ? As I have only 6 hours for the trip, you early replies will be of great help to me.
Old 15th September 2016, 20:49   #1372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
URGENT

Need advice urgently. After the hose is changed for high coolant consumption, I have driven the car for about 50 kms and noticed the coolant has slightly dropped but not very noticeable. The worry is I am taking the car for a 1k km drive tomorrow. I will be checking the reservoir at the regular intervals. But what if the level drops significantly and I cannot find Maximile Ultracool that Mahindra uses on the highway ? Can I refill with water or any other brand and safely drive to the nearest service center ? As I have only 6 hours for the trip, you early replies will be of great help to me.
You should have got at least a one litre can of Maximile Ultracool from your service centre. If it is too late now, get any brand of premixed coolant and keep it handy with you. If you can't get even that then keep 4-5 litres of distilled water in case of any emergency.

Edit: Wish you all the best for your maiden trip. A prayer on lips and a close watch on the action under the bonnet should help you surpass this trip without any hassles.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 15th September 2016 at 20:51.
Old 15th September 2016, 22:05   #1373
BHPian

Quote:
You should have got at least a one litre can of Maximile Ultracool from your service centre. If it is too late now, get any brand of premixed coolant and keep it handy with you. If you can't get even that then keep 4-5 litres of distilled water in case of any emergency.

Edit: Wish you all the best for your maiden trip. A prayer on lips and a close watch on the action under the bonnet should help you surpass this trip without any hassles.
Thank you for your prompt reply AutoIndian and as usual, a very useful one.

I have done 2 trips to Goa till date and certainly not the first one. But first to Indore. Yes keeping fingers crossed. I have kept the addresses of service centers along the way handy, just in case. Will update soon.
Old 15th September 2016, 22:25   #1374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My pleasure

Quote:
I have done 2 trips to Goa till date and certainly not the first one. But first to Indore. Yes keeping fingers crossed. I have kept the addresses of service centers along the way handy, just in case. Will update soon.
My mistake . I thought this was your first long trip. Have sent you my mobile number in a private message. Don't hesitate to call me anytime in case you are stuck up and need some assistance.
Old 16th September 2016, 08:19   #1375
BHPian

Quote:
URGENT I cannot find Maximile Ultracool that Mahindra uses on the highway ? Can I refill with water or any other brand and safely drive to the nearest service center ? As I have only 6 hours for the trip, you early replies will be of great help to me.
You can buy Mahindra Ultracool Maximile coolant from any Mahindra service centre on the way. To get the list of service centres install WYH APP. Same coolant is used with Scorpio too so its not difficult to get at any service centre.

Also in any condition i would not suggest to use water or any other brands coolant, as this will contaminate the whole coolant and that might need a complete flush to clean.
Old 17th September 2016, 15:01   #1376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hello TaurusAI, how was your trip to Indore? Hope you reached your destination safely. Did you check the coolant level after your trip? Any noticeable drop in level? Do keep us posted.
Old 18th September 2016, 23:43   #1377
BHPian

AMT warning Lamp

Had planned a trip from pune-kolhapur via saswad-lonand-satara route.

The tank was running on reserve and the plan was to refuel at saswad.

Somehow missed that and then found a hp petrol bunk just 3-4km before jejuri.
The tank started normally after refuelling. But As Soon as it moved to a very small patch to take an easy left turn onto highway, the MT flag was raised. Suddenly felt that gear changes are not happening from 1-2, loss of power. Quickly moved to left side and turned off the engine.
Again cranked up the engine but saw same AMT warning.
Realised that tank needs to be towed. Called up toll free no. But was unable to get connected with operator.
Then Tried to locate dealers around jejuri-faltan-neera-satara. The closest one happened to be from hadapsar-pune.

Imagine the user condition with the emergency support putting the customer on hold and that too after several attempts to connect in first place.

I will have to mention here that the inability to reach the mahindra team totally sent my wife in panic mode. She tried calling dealer, salesman and any other contacts - all of whom were unreachable.
Tried calling customer care with my phone and voila got through after I was put on hold for 2mins.
After all the formalities, was informed about tow truck for tank and taxi for us with the 50km restriction.
Meanwhile I wanted to move tank back to exit side of petrol bunk for safety reasons. On cranking up again, didnt see the warning flag. engaged the reverse gear and still no warning flag. Moved the tank to safe spot.
Later we got another call confirming the location, but also mentioning that tow truck will take atleast 2.5hours to reach us.
I told him there is no more warning flag. He left to us to decide.
As it was already too late for us to continue to kolhapur, we thought lets return to pune and if we see the warning flag, will call back the tow truck.
The towing call was then canceled on this condition.

Further we stopped at saswad for food after travelling 20-25kms.
As tank was behaving normal, we again changed the plan and decided to move towards kolhapur.
Reached in-laws at neera and took a break. Then started early morning at 5:40am and reached kolhapur by 8:30am.
The tank was perfect and took us to destination without any fuss.

I must say, I was a little doubtful when driving in-between trucks or overtaking with the thought of possible power loss at crucial time.
But again driving for 7hrs the next day without any problems has made my nerves settle down.
[COLOR=#FFFFFF]Save[/COLOR]

Last edited by noopster : 24th September 2016 at 13:12. Reason: Small correction
chetans is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 07:49   #1378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetans View Post
Had planned a trip from pune-kolhapur via saswad-lonand-satara route.

The tank was running on reserve and the plan was to refuel at saswad.

Somehow missed that and then found a hp petrol bunk just 3-4km before jejuri.
It is very sad to know that issues with AMT are still cropping up now and then. Never let the tank run on low fuel. You should tank up as soon as the level falls below the 3/4th mark.

Last edited by noopster : 24th September 2016 at 13:13. Reason: Corrected in original post-thanks!
Old 19th September 2016, 19:18   #1379
BHPian

Quote:
Hello TaurusAI, how was your trip to Indore? Hope you reached your destination safely. Did you check the coolant level after your trip? Any noticeable drop in level? Do keep us posted.
Hi AutoIndian,

Thanks for your concern, here's an update.

Did Mum-Indore-Mumbai. Left at 4 am and was in Indore at 3 pm.

I check the coolant level which was just under the max mark before starting. Drove for about 100 kms and checked again and was shocked to see the level falling by about a quarter of an inch. Paranoid, I searched for a service center in Nasik in the book. Reached the service center at 8.30 am and it was closed. The coolant level had further slightly reduced. The guard tells me there won't be anyone to attend to me till 9.30 am. I decide to carry on as the level was not dropping at fast pace and can easily make it to Dhule and by then the service center in Dhule would be open.

On my way, I spotted a very small garage with Mahindra logo just after Chandwad toll booth on expressway. I slowed down the tank and peeped in and saw a bolero being repaired. I went in hoping to get some coolant for emergency. The engineer there asked me for which car do I need the coolant. (I had parked the car a bot away as the access road to the garage was not good) On hearing TUV, he got a bit confused to why I need coolant for a brand new car. I explained him, there was a recall and probably they have not done a good job and so the coolant is leaking and I need to refill to maintain the level. I asked him does he know anything about TUV and can he check my car. He happily said yes and offered to check. On inspecting, he found the level dropped. He checked all the hoses and told me everything seems intact.

After thinking for a while, he smiled at me as if he has found the problem. He told me to crank the engine and come to the hood. I followed his instructions and in front of me while I was watching, he slowly loosened the filler cap of the reservoir. AND VOILA. The coolant level just came up to the MAX mark.

He said, drive with complete peace of mind and my car is in perfect condition. It was because of some vacuum, the level had dropped. I thanked him, we exchanged pleasantries and left.

I just completed my trip of 1400 kms. I did check coolant for safety reasons and even loosened the cap a few times to see if the coolant level has dropped. Everything looks fine as of now. Will have to wait and watch how much is consumed in next 5k kms.

Tank behaved exceptionally well. First time since owning it, I felt proud as most of the VIPs have started owning in MP. One in my relation I met also had one in white and told me, this is most comfortable Mahindra vehicle he has owned. Mileage recorded was 14.6 kmpl. (2 occupants, lot of luggage and a bicycle throughout the journey)

The drive to Mandav was so bad, that barely any surface that the tank drove on was worthy of calling a 'road'. The tank managed without a fuss and no rattles as on date.

Last but not the least, my better half commented, Mahindra is such a reliable brand. We have so many service centers to take care for us along the way. I am much relived.

Last edited by TaurusAl : 19th September 2016 at 19:23.
TaurusAl is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 00:35   #1380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However do keep a close watch on the coolant level for the next couple of weeks.
Regarding the power/pick-up ask the service centre what exactly did they do. Was it the tightening of loose vacuum hose & updates in the ECU software that fixed the power issue?
Coolant level is steady in the last one week.

Regarding the power/pick-up, I believe this was due to a loose vacuum hose. On Monday 19 Sep, India Garage technicians visited my home and replaced the vacuum resonator with a higher capacity (20 cc) one, previous one was of 15 cc. They also replaced all the vacuum hoses with slightly bigger diameter hoses. ECU flashing was done. I have been told that this will fix engine knocking as well as power/pick-up issue.

This was coordinated by the Area Manager - Mahindra Customer Care, who got the parts specially for my Tank. Even though I was willing to visit the workshop, he did not want me to take any more trouble, hence got it done at home.
airbus is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks