Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2017, 23:07   #1726
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
@Autoindian - Did you find a solution for your fuel lid issue? I havent had any such problems and this is the first time I am hearing of anyone having such an issue. Do update when fixed.
No solution yet. Will try and do some adjustment to the cable/lever if a DIY is possible on it. Will keep you posted.
Old 10th July 2017, 19:30   #1727
Senior - BHPian

Today I took my tank to India Garage, Peenya for following work/checks:

1. MLD installation
2. Coolant loss issue
3. Seat belt retraction issue
4. Sound under the hand brake while crossing speed breaker

Recently I went to Wayanad, Kerala and faced wheel spinning issue few times on hilly roads. I afraid, when tyres become more older wheel spinning may be more problematic.

I should get the tank back on Wednesday - 12 July. Hoping for the best
Old 10th July 2017, 20:21   #1728
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Today I took my tank to India Garage, Peenya
Why did you take it to IG Peenya? I thought IG Whitefield was your regular service center. You could have pushed them to complete everything within a day and handover the car - saying this because I have realized that the more time you give IG Peenya folks, the shoddier the job.

I had left my car with them for a couple of days when they ruined my alternator and after I got my car back and went for the next service, the SA mentioned that the wire routing was all messed up and hence fouling up oil filter replacement.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 20:34   #1729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why did you take it to IG Peenya? I thought IG Whitefield was your regular service center. You could have pushed them to complete everything within a day and handover the car - saying this because I have realized that the more time you give IG Peenya folks, the shoddier the job.
The Customer Care Manager, Mahindra advised me to go to India Garage, Peenya. He told me that IG, Peenya already completed number of MLD installations and are experienced. He is directly coordinating with Service Manager, IG, Peenya. When I spoke to IG, Whitefield I felt that they have not done much MLD installation. Because of this I had to drive 30 kms from my home to IG, Peenya, while IG, Whitefield is at 12 kms from my home
Old 10th July 2017, 20:41   #1730
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
He told me that IG, Peenya already completed number of MLD installations and are experienced. He is directly coordinating with Service Manager, IG, Peenya
IG Peenya has done 10+ MLD installs - this is from talking to the service head + inputs on the Bangalore TUV WA group but that doesnt mean that they do an exceptional job. If I were you, I would pay a surprise visit tomorrow just to keep them on their toes and get things moving. I will be driving from Whitefield to Yeshwantpur tomorrow and will be more than happy to give you a ride to IG Peenya if required but the only catch is I leave office by 3.15 - 3.30 PM. PM me if required.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 09:33   #1731
BHPian

Got back from a short trip of 1400 kms to Jim Corbett and Binsar.

TUV performed exceptionally well and MLD was an added advantage in some tricky hilly patches and over dry river beds, it gives a confidence to go over anywhere now without the fear of getting stuck.

Static bending lamps are working fine now, couplers were either not changed or interchanged while MLD installation which resulted in non functioning lamps, it took 5 minutes to change them and they are working fine now.
dieselburner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 09:44   #1732
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselburner View Post
TUV performed exceptionally well and MLD was an added advantage in some tricky hilly patches and over dry river beds, it gives a confidence to go over anywhere now without the fear of getting stuck.
Few questions:
1. Have you noticed a change in power/torque delivery after MLD change?
2. As compared to pre MLD, Is the car smooth while driving when MLD is not engaged?
3. Any change in FE post MLD?
4. Any vibrations, sound observed post MLD? Sathyasuri did mention some humming while driving at specific speeds.
Old 12th July 2017, 10:11   #1733
BHPian

My replies below-

1. There is no noticeable change in power/torque after MLD change.

2. Yes it appears to be smooth now, also MLD is engaged only when a tyre is in air and that too for a short span only, otherwise its normal and smooth.

3. Yes, have not calculated exact FE, but on tank full basis earlier TUV drives around 650 kms in one tank full, post MLD it is going beyond 700-750 kms also in a tank full in both highway and city driving with AC on full time in ECO mode. I go for tank full only when the alarm for vehicle running on reserve fuel pops up, so almost similar quantities of fuel fill every time.

4. I have read that post of sathyasuri, there is no sound like that in my vehicle. I have been asked by the service centre guys also to look out for the same. It is a humming sound which comes between 1500-2500 rpm and between 60-100 kmph speeds. This is not in all but has been reported in some TUV's after MLD change.
Mahindra still don't have any solution to this noise till now.

Quote:
Few questions:
1. Have you noticed a change in power/torque delivery after MLD change?
2. As compared to pre MLD, Is the car smooth while driving when MLD is not engaged?
3. Any change in FE post MLD?
4. Any vibrations, sound observed post MLD? Sathyasuri did mention some humming while driving at specific speeds.
dieselburner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 21:05   #1734
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselburner View Post
Yes, have not calculated exact FE, but on tank full basis earlier TUV drives around 650 kms in one tank full, post MLD it is going beyond 700-750 kms also in a tank full in both highway and city driving with AC on full time in ECO mode
Interesting to note that FE has increased. Heard this from a couple of folks on the BLR WA group as well and I was trying to think of a logical reason for the same. Assuming that the MLD weighs slightly more, then ideally there should be a slight drop in FE. Only reason that I could think of for greater efficiency is that the MLD is better at transferring power to the wheels and thereby delivering more efficiency, everything else being the same.

Also does anyone here know the MLD manufacturer? Just an itch to know what type of differential is being used.
Old 12th July 2017, 21:36   #1735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also does anyone here know the MLD manufacturer?
Eaton I would guess.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 14th July 2017, 15:14   #1736
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
No solution yet. Will try and do some adjustment to the cable/lever if a DIY is possible on it. Will keep you posted.
Team, finally got some time today morning to try my hand at DIY for the fuel lid not opening issue. It was a simple 5 mins job and I thank my luck that there was no need to visit the service centre for such a minor thing. Let me explain you with the below pictures.

This white plastic stopper gets pulled inside when we lift the fuel lid lever under the driver seat. There is a protrusion on the inside of fuel lid, in which the white locker engages and this serves as a lock and holds the fuel lid in position
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-fuel-lid-lock.jpg

There are two stoppers at the bottom side of the lid, which get pressed against the fuel filling cap when the lid is closed, exerting pressure on the lid. Hence when the white locker is pulled inside the lid pops out
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-fuel-lid-inside.jpg

These two stoppers had lost their tension and were not touching the filler cap when the lid was in closed position. Hence even after pulling up the lever the lid was not popping out. What I did was to pull both these stoppers outwards by about 3-4 mm with the help of a plier so that they could exert pressure on the filler cap when the lid was in closed position and voila it worked . Now the lid is popping out when the lever is pulled up.
AutoIndian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th July 2017, 15:55   #1737
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Team, finally got some time today morning to try my hand at DIY for the fuel lid not opening issue. It was a simple 5 mins job and I thank my luck that there was no need to visit the service centre for such a minor thing. Let me explain you with the below pictures.
There are two stoppers at the bottom side of the lid, which get pressed against the fuel filling cap when the lid is closed, exerting pressure on the lid. Hence when the white locker is pulled inside the lid pops out
Attachment 1656855

These two stoppers had lost their tension and were not touching the filler cap when the lid was in closed position. Hence even after pulling up the lever the lid was not popping out. What I did was to pull both these stoppers outwards by about 3-4 mm with the help of a plier so that they could exert pressure on the filler cap when the lid was in closed position and voila it worked . Now the lid is popping out when the lever is pulled up.
Good that it solved your issue but I'm .
Ideally the stoppers you mentioned, are supposed to be used to keep the fuel opening cap when it is removed. They are not supposed to do the job of pop-out springs.

That should be built in the design of the hinge itself around which the flap rotates & opens. This is quite a strange "innovation" from Mahindra if it is indeed the case.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2017, 16:28   #1738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Good that it solved your issue but I'm .
Ideally the stoppers you mentioned, are supposed to be used to keep the fuel opening cap when it is removed. They are not supposed to do the job of pop-out springs.

That should be built in the design of the hinge itself around which the flap rotates & opens. This is quite a strange "innovation" from Mahindra if it is indeed the case.
I agree with you Reinhard. Ideally the lid should have had a spring loaded hinge, so that as soon as the white plastic plunger is pulled inside the lid should have popped out by the spring pressure, but alas that is not the case. Nevertheless I am happy with the easy fix. All you TUV owners here, can you please check your fuel lids, if you too don't have a spring loaded hinge or is it only my TUV, which is missing the spring?
Old 14th July 2017, 16:44   #1739
BHPian

Quote:
This white plastic stopper gets pulled inside when we lift the fuel lid lever under the driver seat. There is a protrusion on the inside of fuel lid, in which the white locker engages and this serves as a lock and holds the fuel lid in position
Quote:
I agree with you Reinhard. Ideally the lid should have had a spring loaded hinge, so that as soon as the white plastic plunger is pulled inside the lid should have popped out by the spring pressure, but alas that is not the case. Nevertheless I am happy with the easy fix. All you TUV owners here, can you please check your fuel lids, if you too don't have a spring loaded hinge or is it only my TUV, which is missing the spring?
AI, attaching a photo. The clip, which I have circled, is missing from your TUV's lid. It would have probably fallen off when cleaning or refueling.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-fuel-lid-tuv.jpg
CAPTAIN REX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2017, 20:14   #1740
Senior - BHPian

I got the tank back yesterday after MLD retrofit. It worked fine for 50 kms then broke down

Sequence of events:

Yesterday evening after reaching home, I noticed coolant level drop and called India Garage, Peenya. They sent a technician home this morning to check and top it up. It's a different issue I am facing for sometime, not related to MLD.

Today first hint was ESS stopped working. The sensor was still working as I saw ESS activation light on console but did not shut down the engine. Took the car to office (about 10 kms) without any issue. While coming back ESS worked once. After that I felt AC was not cooling, tried different modes. Also, saw ESS button did not engage after pressing. Drove another 3 kms, ABS alarm came up on console, followed by Air Bag and Engine alarms. Parked the vehicle, shut down the engine and called India Garage Service Manager. He asked me to restart the engine. Engine did not come up. Called Mahindra Road Side Assistance and towed the vehicle to India Garage, Whitefield. I have also spoken to Mahindra Bengaluru Customer Care Manager regarding this.

When I spoke to Service Adviser yesterday, he told me that they did not perform ECU flash. I am suspecting a software issue
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-tuv.jpg  

Last edited by airbus : 14th July 2017 at 20:26. Reason: Minor correction.
airbus is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks