Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2017, 14:43   #1816
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
If you need more speed, then get a RD box. I drove Captain Rex's TUV yesterday which has a RD box and it sure can get a move on even at 2800 RPM. My car takes a while to get from 100-120 and after that it take even longer to touch higher speeds but Captain's black beast was a lot more eager to get a move on even at 3K RPM...
Spot on Procrj, I got a chance to try Captain's TUV this morning near Mahabalipuram during Chennai TUV group meet. The vehicle just keeps pulling even around 120kmph, hope Mahindra tunes the engine this way atleast in the next iteration of TUV and probably add a 6th gear.
Below is a pic from the meet. There were seven TUVs in the meet and it was fun. Captain's TUV is third from right and mine is second from left.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20170924_101426.jpg  

sathyasuri is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st October 2017, 18:06   #1817
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if any one of you have seen this new commercial of TUV-3OO. The tag line is "Luxury. All revved up!". I am perplexed as to why M&M is positioning the TUV as Luxurious SUV . Barring the last portion of the ad, where it climbs the stair case, it looks to be too far fetched from its DNA of rugged, tough, go-anywhere kind of car. Your views please

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyasuri View Post
Spot on Procrj, I got a chance to try Captain's TUV this morning near Mahabalipuram during Chennai TUV group meet. The vehicle just keeps pulling even around 120kmph, hope Mahindra tunes the engine this way atleast in the next iteration of TUV and probably add a 6th gear.
Below is a pic from the meet. There were seven TUVs in the meet and it was fun. Captain's TUV is third from right and mine is second from left.
Nice pic there sathyasuri, thanks for sharing. Wish we can have the Pune TUV owners meet very soon like you Chennaians and Bangaloreans

Last edited by AutoIndian : 1st October 2017 at 18:07.
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 04:32   #1818
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Wish we can have the Pune TUV owners meet very soon like you Chennaians and Bangaloreans
There was a Mumbai meet yesterday Deepak. Maybe the next time you can convince the Mumbai folks to meet you halfway Do ping me your mobile number if you want to be added to the TUV watsapp group.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 13:13   #1819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Barring the last portion of the ad, where it climbs the stair case, it looks to be too far fetched from its DNA of rugged, tough, go-anywhere kind of car. Your views please
I guess because luxury is what sells in the market these days. The typical urban customer is more inclined towards comfort than rugged go-anywhere car. From Mahindra stable, that place is well taken by Bolero and to some extent Scorpio. How many actually take their vehicles in slush or bad roads or want to explore the unexplored. The numbers are small. Most want to travel in comfort in a dependable vehicle. Maruti's sales numbers prove that over and over again, not that their vehicles are anywhere close to luxury . Afterall, Mahindra is a business and they would place their products in a category that sells!

My 2 cents!

Last edited by ambujlal : 2nd October 2017 at 13:14.
ambujlal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 21:53   #1820
BHPian

Got the first free service (3000 km) done today. Apart from the initial issues which I got fixed within the first one month of ownership, I haven't had any issues at all. The total bill was Rs 2300/-. The ownership review is in progress. I wanted to complete the first service before writing the ownership thread. 3000 km is a decent number of Kms to make an opinion about a vehicle.

The car has been a good companion and more and less a peace of mind. Fill diesel, start and go.
ambujlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 09:30   #1821
BHPian

Came across this video, TUV appears to be totally comfortable
sathyasuri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 11:08   #1822
BHPian

Hi All,

It has been 04 months now with the TUV 300 - T6+. I have driven it for nearly 5000 kms. I give below my observations -

1) The coolant level did drop in the first week from maximum to minimum on three counts. After checking for any visible leakage, I topped up almost 2 litres of coolant. The coolant level has remained steady at maximum level eversince.

2) The Wheel Spin issue is very much prominent and gets worse on inclines or slippery roads. This problem needs to be addressed immediately. I will have to escalate the matter with M&M and MASC requesting them for the MLD Upgrade. Would appreciate Post-MLD Upgrade feedback from TUV Owners.

3) The fuel efficiency is nothing to speak about in the normal mode. It does go upto 12 kmpl in the Eco Mode, but the vehicle becomes dead in the Eco Mode. My foot starts paining while pressing the accelerator.

4) There is noise from door pads which I plan to get sorted out in the 2nd Service.

5) Sometimes the engine refuses to start in Eco Mode. It rattles a lot when it starts at that time.

6) The Speed of the AC Blower reduces or increases automatically. Don't know if M&M has provided Speed Sensing Air Conditioning, something on the lines of Speed Sensing Door Locks.

7) The seat cushioning is very basic. Need to select good seat covers with proper support.

8) The Audion System is again nothing great to mention. It is very basic. The voice quality deteriorates as high volumes. The speakers are not good.

9) I have changed the headlights bulbs from OE to Philips Extreme Vision. The difference in the night visibility is impressive.

The above are my observations.

Regards.

Ameeth
Ameeth is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 20:22   #1823
BHPian

last sunday, Saw the dreaded amt warning lamp flag after which the tank was unmovable at a blind spot. This was the second time. The first time it was in sept 2016.

I was exiting united 21 resort and about to take right turn. There were couple of buses parked on right side of exit and so had slowed down as it was a blind spot for oncoming traffic.
There was small bump on this patch and as soon as i crossed it, the warning lamp lit up and the tank was dead. Tried to race but no effect. shut off and tried to crank - engine started but was kind of idling. no response to throttle.
Shut off and cranked again twice. This time (probably 3rd time) the tank responded to throttle.
Slowly took right turn and immediately filled up diesel which happened to very close to the resort.

Now on findings: My tank was low on diesel in both the cases. In both cases, I had heard the reserve fuel warning.

From parking, I had taken a sharp left turn.
In Earlier case too, had taken similar bump and bit of inclined exit after refueling, and very vaguely remember that the dte was not showing updated values.
So my point is that these cases had trouble with low fuel values.

Hence forth, i am going to make sure to avoid the reserve fuel warning.
chetans is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2017, 10:10   #1824
BHPian

Hi all,

I had last updated about the wheel spin issue of my TUV 300. Subsequently, I have sent a mail to Mahindra Customer Care requesting them to arrange for the MLD Upgrade. They have asked for the vehicle details to take further action in the matter. I have sent the required details to them.

I am attaching herewith the screen shot of the mail sent to Mahindra Customer Care. Let's see what solution does the Mahindra Customer Care provide to the problem of wheel spin.

Regards.

Ameeth
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-untitled.jpg  

Old 21st October 2017, 11:46   #1825
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 4th February 2018 at 09:19.
chetans is offline   Received Infraction
Old 21st October 2017, 13:58   #1826
Team-BHP Support

If any of you have plans to get the TUV, please check out the T10 variant. Looks absolutely smashing.

Looking at it, I wished it came with the XUV's engine and 4X4. I would go ahead and buy it.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2017, 22:18   #1827
BHPian

Thanks to all who shared their experiences here, I have been considering TUV and almost bought it during the Diwali time. But held back after reading about consistent issues post the free services. Alternate choice is Nexon. Was initially considering T6+ but also can stretch upto T8, provided the 80k+ diff is worth it.

The below is a feature wise difference summary between T6+ and T8 :
Name:  TUV300.png
Views: 4186
Size:  10.1 KB

Between T8 and T6+, key differentiators (for me) are driver seat ergonomics, reverse parking sensors, steering wheel music control and driver information system (I wonder if DIS is totally absent in T6+) . Reverse parking Sensors and side step fittings - am not very concerned about, as they can be fitted with aftermarket makes.
How about the driver seat ergonomics, anyone with T6+, could you please comment whether you miss them badly?
Old 22nd October 2017, 08:36   #1828
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
between T6+ and T8
IMHO the big differences are
1. 84 vs 100 BHP engine. That extra power can make a difference if you plan to drive a lot on 2L highways.
2. Static lamps are very good if you do a lot of drives in the dark on curvy/twisty roads.
3. Foldable back seat rest for those occasions when you want to transport large items
4. Seat height adjustment - especially if multiple drivers are going to use the car or if the T6+ seat height is not comfortable

All the other features are not really a must have and as you mentioned, can be got in the after market. The 80K difference that you speak about, you should bargain hard and get as much discount as possible. Also can reduce cost a lot by buying insurance outside.

Enjoy the moment as there is nothing better than hunting, finalizing & then driving away a new car
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 20:23   #1829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
Thanks to all who shared their experiences here, I have been considering TUV and almost bought it during the Diwali time. But held back after reading about consistent issues post the free services. Alternate choice is Nexon. Was initially considering T6+ but also can stretch upto T8, provided the 80k+ diff is worth it.

The below is a feature wise difference summary between T6+ and T8 :
Attachment 1688214

Between T8 and T6+, key differentiators (for me) are driver seat ergonomics, reverse parking sensors, steering wheel music control and driver information system (I wonder if DIS is totally absent in T6+) . Reverse parking Sensors and side step fittings - am not very concerned about, as they can be fitted with aftermarket makes.
How about the driver seat ergonomics, anyone with T6+, could you please comment whether you miss them badly?
Hi Sir,

I have a TUV 300 T6+.

It has the Side Steps as Standard.
The DIS give the readings of Total Kms run, Trip-A, Trip-B, Kms run with AC On, DTE.
Driver Seat Height Adjustment, Reverse Parking Sensor, Static Bending Lamps, Steering Mounted Audio Controls are absent in T6+.
Keyless Entry Remote is for one key only.

Hope the above information helps.

Regards.

Ameeth
Ameeth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 21:55   #1830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameeth View Post
Hi Sir,

I have a TUV 300 T6+.

It has the Side Steps as Standard.
The DIS give the readings of Total Kms run, Trip-A, Trip-B, Kms run with AC On, DTE.
Driver Seat Height Adjustment, Reverse Parking Sensor, Static Bending Lamps, Steering Mounted Audio Controls are absent in T6+.
Keyless Entry Remote is for one key only.

Hope the above information helps.

Regards.

Ameeth
That is some very useful info Ameeth. Thank you very much. Its good to know that sidesteps and DIS is provided on T6+ as well. As for the Keyless Remote, I was told and shown that it is for one key even for high end two. That is something I wonder - why don't they provide a set of identical keys.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks