Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2018, 12:41   #2281
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

https://news.maxabout.com/cars/mahin...eaches-dealer/

Big shark is coming.

I recently noticed some residue water in my Tank, passagers side, near the foot rest. Its raining out here and my Tank is parked outside all day. Does anyone face this issue? I dont see any leaks.
Old 9th August 2018, 14:34   #2282
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
I recently noticed some residue water in my Tank, passagers side, near the foot rest. Its raining out here and my Tank is parked outside all day. Does anyone face this issue? I dont see any leaks.
The cabin air-filter is situated just above the spot you've described - deep behind the glove compartment. That's the only possible inlet that I can think of as a source for a leak. Even so, it beats me as to why a leak could occur within the cabin.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2018, 01:30   #2283
BHPian

Drove to Pondy and back (360+km) today from Chennai with family and cousins. We were 6 and my 14 y.o son got the jump seats at the back. The drive was smooth and uneventful in my AMT but I realized the car loses steam starting at 85 and seems to struggle between speeds of 95-110. I didn't push it beyond that. I like the drive and ease of the AMT now. During overtaking I do move to manual mode. My son did crib that we should have taken our qualis instead
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 11:10   #2284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Drove to Pondy and back (360+km) today from Chennai with family and cousins. We were 6 and my 14 y.o son got the jump seats at the back. The drive was smooth and uneventful in my AMT but I realized the car loses steam starting at 85 and seems to struggle between speeds of 95-110. I didn't push it beyond that.
Ever given a thought to fitting Dieseltronic's kit for the TUV? The Horse Power numbers can go up tremendously with it...although one should keep in mind the high aspect ratio of the TUV's tyres (with an eye on somewhat improbable but not impossible tyre-bursts) and the high Centre of gravity of the vehicle.

Even if I get it fitted myself, I'd only do so for the ability to achieve occasional bursts of speed on the highway.
Old 13th August 2018, 16:36   #2285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
I have LEAK near the passenger side rear child-seat.
The water is dropping from behind the backrest & getting in foot area between child seats. Unfortunately I haven't yet got time to explore the area but have removed the back rest & also opened the plastic cladding & found water droplets. Will update:

P.S.: I do not have much faith on M&M service center. They will keep the vehicle for a WEEK to check a LEAK (it rhymes too)
ariesonu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2018, 09:26   #2286
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Bhupinder Singh for sharing this via our share page!

Quote:
The reason I'm contacting you guys is because I read comments of a couple of TUV300 owners facing water leakage into the cabin. I also own a TUV300 and I also faced this issue. Mine is a March 2016 manufactured T8 variant and I'm based in Noida.

Water was seeping into the driver's footwell during the rains. I went to the MASS and they suspected it to be a leakage from the windshield. However, after hours of trials, one of the senior mechanics stepped in and found that it was the welding joint of the roof (where the A-pillar and roof joins) which was the culprit. Just 3-4 cm behind this joint, there was a very tiny hole (hardly 1 - 2 mm in diameter) in the weld from where the water was seeping in.

This senior mechanic sealed it with a silicone sealant used for windshields and since then, I have never faced this issue. The mechanics told me that this was the first such case they have witnessed in a TUV300 (I highly suspect that).

I just thought of sharing this so that the other owners facing this issue can get some help to diagnose the issue. This community has helped me a lot in making a decision in buying my last three cars, so I felt I should do something in return for all you wonderful guys. I hope it helps. Thanks.

Last edited by GTO : 16th August 2018 at 12:46.
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th August 2018, 21:29   #2287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to Bhupinder Singh for sharing this via our share page...
Thanks GTO, in addition I also recollect our Tbhp member and ex-TUVian (now drives a Thar) Captain Rex saying that he also faced water seeping near the driver side footwell. In his case, the issue was due to water seeping through the Roof rail fitment. So Ariesonu, do check if this seepage has got to do with the roof rail fitment.
sathyasuri is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2018, 23:08   #2288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to Bhupinder Singh for sharing this via our share page!
Are your sure the hole in the welding joint was 1cm. I guess it might be around 1 mm. A 1cm hole would mean there would be a downpour inside the cabin and not water leaking/seeping. Nevertheless M&M should improve on the quality/QC process and not let it deteriorate. I always felt proud of my TUV that it was water tight and never allowed a single drop of water to leak from anywhere, mine being from the initial batches. Perhaps the stringent quality checks on the initial batches helped that, however any slippages in Quality would turn away the good will from existing customers and shoo away the potential customers.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2018, 12:47   #2289
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Are your sure the hole in the welding joint was 1cm. I guess it might be around 1 mm.
Bhupinder writes in saying that it was a 1 - 2 mm hole. Corrected the original post too .
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2018, 12:32   #2290
Senior - BHPian

Sometime back when I removed the spare wheel cover for filling air, I found two prominent spots on the spare tyre made by the cover. I own a T8. It may be good to change the orientation of the spare wheel every six months or so, to avoid possible damage.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-sw.jpg  

Last edited by airbus : 18th August 2018 at 12:33.
airbus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th August 2018, 19:59   #2291
Senior - BHPian

Got the 40K service done for my TUV over the week end gone by. Good thing is that the local MASS is now open even on Sundays. Total bill came to Rs 9.5K. Earlier bill was for Rs 10.5K. On digging further my SA revealed that there was one item for ACDISINFECTION HVAC amounting to 1K. I plainly refused to pay for that, since neither I had told him to do it nor I was informed earlier that it would be done. The SA immediately obliged and struck it off from the bill. So cleared the bill and got the car home.

Since the clutch/brake fluid was changed during this service, the clutch operation has become very smooth now. It requires less effort to press the clutch pedal. Got the driver seat belt replaced under warranty. Waiting for the co-driver side to be available in stock. For further details and labor/part break-up you can go to my ownership thread over here --> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ective-23.html

Overall pretty much satisfied with the service experience. Would not hesitate to give a 10/10 in case customer service calls me for feedback.
Old 20th August 2018, 20:36   #2292
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Total bill came to Rs 9.5K. Earlier bill was for Rs 10.5K. On digging further my SA revealed that there was one item for ACDISINFECTION HVAC amounting to 1K. I plainly refused to pay for that, since neither I had told him to do it nor I was informed earlier that it would be done. The SA immediately obliged and struck it off from the bill. So cleared the bill and got the car home.

Overall pretty much satisfied with the service experience. Would not hesitate to give a 10/10 in case customer service calls me for feedback.
It feels odd that the SA tried to cheat you with an over inflated bill but you still rate them a 10/10.

They maybe deserve a poor rating as ethics come first?
Old 20th August 2018, 20:38   #2293
BHPian

Got the 60k service done on weekend. Nothing major, only regular oil/lubricants change apart from regular check up. Total bill was for 4990/-

Looking to get tyres changed, as one of the tyres was cut on the Leh trip. Also the tread is finished now & encountering frequent punctures. My stock tyres were CEAT Czar.

Looking for Yoko Geolanders, price quoted was 6500/tyre for the 215/75/R15 ie the stock size.
Looked at MRF Wanderer A/T today, the same size was quoted at 5200/tyre.

Any one has any update/review of Wanderers, looked tempting to me at the price range. Have heard of some negative feedback regarding the soft sidewalls of Yoko Geolanders.

Any update on both will be helpful. Also any other tyre brand which can be considered.
dieselburner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2018, 22:08   #2294
BHPian

I had an issue this morning while driving to work. Started the car around 1:45pm, it was sluggish and then moved with a jerk. Realized right away that something was wrong. Drove about 7km and through out the engine was very noisy and sounded like a truck. It was jerky and sometimes slow to move. I had to get to work for a meeting so just called my service advisor and asked him if it could be the vacuum modulator. He said may not be as the vehicle is moving. Around 1km from office I decided to move to manual mode and come back. After I did this, the noise died down and the car kind of sounded normal. On my way back now I got in fearing an issue but the car sounded fine and drove fine too. I didn't push it and was keen to get home. It did jerk once or twice but it could have been its usual quirkiness and not related to the tractor or truck sound issue. I will know more over the weekend as I fly to Delhi tomorrow and my wife may or may not use this car while I am gone..
Old 20th August 2018, 23:00   #2295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
It feels odd that the SA tried to cheat you with an over inflated bill but you still rate them a 10/10.

They maybe deserve a poor rating as ethics come first?
, it may sound a bit odd, but then which service advisor or service centre for that matter does not push unwanted things down your throat? I always expect one or the other odd thing in the bill, which is aboslutely unwanted. I don't doubt if they might have done the ACDISINFECTION HVAC or not, I was furiated that I hadn't asked for it neither had they told me that this would be done. Had they told me I would have plainly refused it. Good part was that when I raised an objection for that item in the bill the SA didn't argue at all and removed it from the bill straightaway.

There were other plus points, which impressed me.
  • He made a note of all points discussed by me in the job card.
  • After the test drive by technical person, he included those additional points and two parts replacement under warranty.
  • He informed me over the phone that there is no need to change the brake pads as there is still 5.5 mm thickness left (He could have easily changed and charged me for that)
  • He honored his committed delivery time.
  • The dirty car was thoroughly washed inside out, engine bay spankling clean.
The car felt quite refreshed and sprightly after the service, which clearly meant he did a thorough job. Hence I won't have any hesitation in giving him full marks more so as he was the lone Service Advisor on a Sunday afternoon ensuring a timely service of my car.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks