Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2018, 21:25   #2881
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshbala View Post
Apologies for the late update!

So the issue happened to be with the Clutch bearing!

As stated in the earlier message, I had taken my car to the MASS on the 11th of December, 2017, for resolving the squeaking sound emanating from engine bay. I was anticipating that the sound was due to the faulty belt or so. However, I was made aware by my SA that the sound emanating due to a fault in the Clutch Bearing. Upon checking, the experienced SA informed that the clutch bearing needs to be replaced along with the input shaft bearing.

Just for the record, by this time my car had done 7K & odd k.m. and is 9 months old.

The issue was covered under warranty. Replacing the bearing was a time consuming process and I had to spend almost the whole day at the MASS.

When inquired about the reasons for the issue, the SA was of the opinion that it might be a manufacturing problem with that particular part(s). Also a remark was made on the sideline that my car was / is not the first to come up with such an issue. (Friends, particularly Baleno Owners, BEWARE!!!)
I have faced the exact same issue not once, but twice now.

The clutch release bearing was first replaced at 6k on the odo. Now, at 13k the same problem seems to be recurring. Symptoms are below

1. The moment the RPM drops down below 1500 in any gear and the clutch lever is not pressed, there's a rattle-y/squeaky noise from the engine bay. The moment the clutch is pressed, it goes away and the cabin is silent again. No such noticeable noise at any other RPMs.

2. Along with the noise, low speed behaviour becomes jerky. It's as if the ECU isn't sure if the clutch is pressed or not and hence doesn't know how much fuel should go into the engine.

When it happened the first time, the ASS replaced the clutch release bearing for me. However unlike Yogesh's experience in quoted post, only the clutch release bearing was replaced and not the input shaft bearing. Can that be the reason for recurrence of this issue? Only ASS can answer.

Will be heading to get it checked soon and report here.

PS: Even I was told that some other petrol Balenos have reported this issue too.

Last edited by Added_flavor : 23rd July 2018 at 21:26.
Added_flavor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2018, 10:45   #2882
BHPian

Baleno owners - Can you please check and confirm?

a) At standstill, does the steering wheel shiver when slightly moved (or) touched?

b) Does wind noise enter the cabin once you crosss 80 km/hr?

c) After all the 4 windows are rolled up, do you still hear motor noise (or) from the glasses when you try pulling the power window buttons?
Old 25th July 2018, 12:30   #2883
BHPian

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-mvimg_20180723_125945.jpg

I got me my brand new Nexa Blue colored Baleno Alpha CVT. Picked up the car this Monday after a 3 week waiting post booking. Decided to go for the new color that was released on Baleno.

My search for a new car started off when I was having a lot of troubles with my E2O with a breakdown and no less than 6 trips to the service center in a span of 1 month. Finally got fed up and decided to get rid of it.

The search itself started with Tata Hexa. went down to Creta AT, considered Verna AT, really liked the Ecosport AT, booked an Amaze CVT, and finally bought the Baleno CVT.

Additional accessories I bought were (I skipped the basic accessories since some stuff in it were useless for me)
1) Bumper protectors
2) Door edge protectors
3) Door beading
4) Door visor
5) Mud flaps
6) Alloy + 16" upgrade for spare
7) MTX speaker upgrade
8) Underchassis protection
9) ART leather seat covers (red lining)
10) Frontline floor mats (enroute from Amazon)
11) Frontline boot mat (Amazon)
12) Red stitching cushions (enroute from Amazon)

I want to have some contrast coloring inside the car. Thinking of a red theme. I'm thinking of getting the interior trims done in some form of red - maybe rosewood trim, or some wood trim. However there are large silver plastics in the interior (center console, door panels) which will be too garish if I cover them in stickering. So need to think about it.

Also wanted to switch to the Ciaz alloys, but I didn't think the gun metal color would go with this blue of the car. I prefer silver alloys. Maybe I'll do some tyre / alloy changes after 4-5 years.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20180723_125936.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20180723_141541.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20180723_141511.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20180723_141425.jpg
herculesksp is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th July 2018, 16:46   #2884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculesksp View Post
Attachment 1783967

I got me my brand new Nexa Blue colored Baleno Alpha CVT.
Congrats on the new car. Blue has become most liked color I believe. Looking very nice
gunsho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 12:39   #2885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post

a) At standstill, does the steering wheel shiver when slightly moved (or) touched?
--- When you hit the Start button the steering wheel does suddenly wake up with a shrug. Should be normal. Otherwise - not seen that happen.

b) Does wind noise enter the cabin once you crosss 80 km/hr?
--- Never a big issue I guess.... since I never noticed.

c) After all the 4 windows are rolled up, do you still hear motor noise (or) from the glasses when you try pulling the power window buttons?
--- "motor noise" If all windows are up I hear a click of the window motors checking if windows can be closed "further". That's it.

Hope that helps.
Old 29th July 2018, 19:40   #2886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
My responses against each point:

a) At standstill, does the steering wheel shiver when slightly moved (or) touched? - Yes, it happens in my car.

b) Does wind noise enter the cabin once you crosss 80 km/hr? - After I cross 100 KMPH only.

c) After all the 4 windows are rolled up, do you still hear motor noise (or) from the glasses when you try pulling the power window buttons? - Nope, Just a click noise as mentioned by 'CLIX'

On the other hand Suzuki has silently launched the 'Suzuki Connect' an advanced telematic solution for Nexa vehicles.
It's a telemetry system showing you car information on :
1. Vehicle Tracking
2. Emergency alert
3. Driving behavior analysis
4. Live vehicle status (vehicle tracking)
5. Service due reminder

All the information will be displayed through the 'Connect' app. This is not a 'Plug and play' device though. The FAQ says : Suzuki Connect is installed in the Engine Control Unit and is therefore, more secure.

Pricing is the BUMMER, it's priced at Rs.9999/- which I personally feel is very very high. I have been looking for an OEM telematics solution after Bajaj Allianz folks couldn't sell me one (despite me following up thrice with them).
Maruti has been greedy here and I hope there won't be many takers which should eventually force them to lower the price. A price range of 2.5 to 3.5 K will get many buyers else it's a big FLOP.

I have registered my name on the Nexa site showing interest and let's see if they can surprise me with a lower price. Yes, I am dreaming here

What do you guys think ?

Price source :
https://auto.ndtv.com/news/maruti-su...tomers-1888775

Product source :
https://www.nexaexperience.com/s-con...i-connect.html
Old 30th July 2018, 08:03   #2887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Pricing is the BUMMER, it's priced at Rs.9999/- which I personally feel is very very high. I have been looking for an OEM telematics solution after Bajaj Allianz folks couldn't sell me one (despite me following up thrice with them).
Maruti has been greedy here and I hope there won't be many takers which should eventually force them to lower the price. A price range of 2.5 to 3.5 K will get many buyers else it's a big FLOP.
Tx for sharing. Curious to know how much telematics from Bajaj allianz cost per year?

Maruti one says, 9999 for 3 years including tax etc. Which comes to 3333 per year including tax.
Old 30th July 2018, 10:17   #2888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsho View Post
Tx for sharing. Curious to know how much telematics from Bajaj allianz cost per year?

Maruti one says, 9999 for 3 years including tax etc. Which comes to 3333 per year including tax.
So what does that mean? That the device isn't ours for life?
After 3 years will they take the device back, or it is a subscription for the portal where we can view the data?
Old 30th July 2018, 12:41   #2889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsho View Post

Cost for the Bajaj Allianz device is included in the insurance plan itself. Roughly, 1.5 to 2.5 K if I am not wrong.

Quote:
After 3 years will they take the device back, or it is a subscription for the portal where we can view the data?
Looks like a subscription based service.
Abhi_abarth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2018, 07:24   #2890
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. Subscription service. like Dish TVs. As we pay, we can use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Cost for the Bajaj Allianz device is included in the insurance plan itself. Roughly, 1.5 to 2.5 K if I am not wrong.
That seems to be a lot better option then.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 31st July 2018 at 10:24. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts. Thanks.
Old 3rd August 2018, 21:56   #2891
BHPian

Folks, I'm having a hard time finding a good driving position in this car. It's probably the low seating of the car. I guess I'm more used to driving taller cars.

I get good visibility with the low seating, but my feet start feeling a bit numb at the heel after a long drive. It's probably the larger angle (closer to 180) of the knee and stretched out position.

Sitting more upright at the high position and the knees making a smaller angle (closer to 90) feels more comfortable (I need to try on a longer run) but the visibility is terrible. My eyeline goes closer to the roof and the rear view mirror totally obstructs my visibility.

I read on some other car forum that someone had what he called a double stalk mirror and could move the mirror assembly itself a bit. When I saw the baleno one, it seemed like an assembly rather than a fixed stalk like other cars. Does anyone know if this mirror is adjustable at all and if so, how can I do it? There is one single star screw, so maybe won't harm to just fool about.

But some gyaan on how do I get better seating position / vibility either with ergonomics or moving the mirror out of the way would help a lot.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20180803_204531_20180803214956436.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20180803_204516_20180803214819352.jpg
Old 4th August 2018, 12:49   #2892

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshbala View Post
Apologies for the late update!

So the issue happened to be with the Clutch bearing!

As stated in the earlier message, I had taken my car to the MASS on the 11th of December, 2017, for resolving the squeaking sound emanating from engine bay. I was anticipating that the sound was due to the faulty belt or so. However, I was made aware by my SA that the sound emanating due to a fault in the Clutch Bearing. Upon checking, the experienced SA informed that the clutch bearing needs to be replaced along with the input shaft bearing.

Just for the record, by this time my car had done 7K & odd k.m. and is 9 months old.

The issue was covered under warranty. Replacing the bearing was a time consuming process and I had to spend almost the whole day at the MASS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
I have faced the exact same issue not once, but twice now.

The clutch release bearing was first replaced at 6k on the odo. Now, at 13k the same problem seems to be recurring.

Thanks for describing this!

My Baleno Petrol Delta is just 2 months old and has done 1000 km. I am noticing the issue that you have described here. In my case, the noise is prevalent even above 1500 rpm when the engine is cool. After driving a bit, the noise comes up whenever I let go of the clutch and then subsides in a second or two. However, I can hear the noise faintly when engine is idling if I open the bonnet and listen.

I will be contacting the service center about this. Hope the issue gets resolved smoothly.
Old 4th August 2018, 19:16   #2893
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1783967

I got me my brand new Nexa Blue colored Baleno Alpha CVT...

Additional accessories I bought were...
6) Alloy + 16" upgrade for spare
8) Underchassis protection
Congrats on the new car. Wish you many happy miles with Baleno.

I have a few queries:
How much did the 'Alloy+16" upgrade for spare' cost you? Was the new size a perfect fit in the space? Also, what was the buyback for the previous combo.

What exactly is Underchassis Protection. Is it some coating or a Plastic/Metal guard. If possible, please attatch a Picture for reference.

Cheers
Manan_02 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 23:09   #2894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manan_02 View Post
Congrats on the new car. Wish you many happy miles with Baleno.

I have a few queries:
How much did the 'Alloy+16" upgrade for spare' cost you? Was the new size a perfect fit in the space? Also, what was the buyback for the previous combo.

What exactly is Underchassis Protection. Is it some coating or a Plastic/Metal guard. If possible, please attatch a Picture for reference.

Cheers
The alloy + 16" Tyre upgrade cost 13k (I think incl tax). This is an 'upgrade' price quoted by Nexa, so it includes buy back. Yes, it fit perfectly in the wheel well. The wheel well is quite large and might take a bigger wheel even. So the space saver concept is totally absurd here. The wheel is held down by a screw arrangement.

Underchassis protection is a rubber coating on all the underbody elements. I put it since some of my driving happens on slushy roads during monsoon. Also maybe it helps prevent much damage from small pebbles ok account of the rubbery texture (wishful thinking).

There are some photos on teambhp that I had found before. You should be able to find that. I'll not be able to get a good photos of the protection on my car since I'll have it raise it on a hydraulic jack first.
herculesksp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2018, 14:22   #2895
BHPian

Hello Team
Went for 1st Service today at NEXA Service, Okhla. Was facing some minor issues, which were rectified in Service
  • Headlight Focusing
  • Clutch Play adjustment: was facing a sudden jerk while shifting from 1st to 2nd.
  • RPM fluctuation at Idle with AC on: AC compresser will not remain constantly on in order to not put much strain on engine and battery.
  • Excessive Petrol Smell at Cold Start: Rpm is at 1500 at cold start. That's the reason behind it.
  • Temp gauge is always a notch higher than Normal Mark: It's due to weather. It is normal according to SM. Other owners please check and revert.

Also, asked about Upgrade for Spare Tyre to 16"Alloy + Tyre. I was quoted 14K and there is No buyback for the Current Spare.

Last edited by Manan_02 : 5th August 2018 at 14:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks