Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2018, 13:08   #1861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Once you open the website, it gives 2 login options, 1 for TML Dealers, and 1 for TML Users. I guess one has to click on TML User and select "New TML User" to create their login ID to be used on the website. I do not own any Tata car with such a system, so not sure. Thought it'll be relevant to others in the group, so shared.
It needs approval for a new id too. This portal is strictly for folks inside TML and the dealers.
Old 4th February 2018, 00:25   #1862
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

On public demand or on running short of supply?

Carwale shows a separate version of Tiago XZ without alloy wheels as a different variant. This wasn't done before when owners were given discounts against opting in for steel wheels.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-screenshot_20180204001656.jpg

If this is the case, it brings Tiago back with in the VFM game and with a bang! (It anyway was, but slowly rising prices were making it lesser VFM). IMHO, it's a nice and welcome move!

Can any member confirm the same please?
Old 4th February 2018, 00:58   #1863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The dealership called me earlier today to inform me that 2 items have arrived - the under-bonnet insulation hood and the 5th (spare) full-sized alloy.

I went over to check the hood in the afternoon, and here is a snapshot of the price tag which contains the part number.
Thanks for sharing the part number & the price. One of my cousins owns a November 2017 Tiago XT petrol & I don't think his car has the under-bonnet insulation. His model being the XT also doesn't have a Day & Night IRVM, this feature should have been made standard across the whole range (his outgoing 08 spark PS had this feature). Anyways we did ask the SA to fit the D/N IRVM from the Tiago XZ variant, to which we were told that they are not allowed to fit parts from a different variant. If possible, can you please find out the part number of the D/N IRVM?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasunBannerjee View Post
Carwale shows a separate version of Tiago XZ without alloy wheels as a different variant. This wasn't done before when owners were given discounts against opting in for steel wheels.

It seems that Tiago has two XZ variants since a few months, attaching a screenshot from the official Tiago website. It also seems that the price difference between the two models is only 12k, 4 alloys for 12k looks very reasonable to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-tiago-pricelist.jpg  

Last edited by chiranjitp : 4th February 2018 at 00:59.
Old 4th February 2018, 10:18   #1864
Senior - BHPian

As per boodmo catalogue,
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-assy...glare-6609410/
Is what you are looking for.
You should be able to fit it yourself with just a screwdriver.
Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if it's the wrong part. Please confirm with boodmo support.

Last edited by greenhorn : 4th February 2018 at 10:24.
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2018, 06:22   #1865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasunBannerjee View Post
On public demand or on running short of supply?

IMO, this option is available from day one and when I got the car in December 2016 without alloy option was available and the price difference was around 14K. I opted for the with alloy option.
Old 5th February 2018, 08:16   #1866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
IMO, this option is available from day one
This option was created after there was a fire at a supplier factory somewhere in Gujarat, IIRC. This was done to keep the cars moving off the showrooms. I wonder why they have kept it on.
Old 5th February 2018, 14:02   #1867
BHPian

In Bangalore the price difference between with and without alloy wheels is almost 30k now. It was 25k in May when I bought my Tiago. The additional cost is actually what Tata charges for a set of 4 alloy wheels.

http://www.preranamotors.com/onroad-price-in-bangalore
Old 5th February 2018, 18:54   #1868
BHPian

The price difference is quite too much in Udaipur. If I had to put my money, I'd have gone ahead with the steel wheel version.
Old 6th February 2018, 05:53   #1869
Senior - BHPian

Tata sold 8287 Tiagos in Jan 2018 and enters in to Top 10.
Latheesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 15:11   #1870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankverma View Post
One of my friend recently got his Tiago XZ RT after a waiting period of 3 months . He took it to lonavala from Pune. Total Odo reading till now ~500 Kms. He said that after he drove it at high speeds there was some kind of burning smell(like electric wire burning) inside cabin. This happened every time he drove at a particular high speed.
Anybody else facing this problem in Tiago RT?? Is it something to worry about or is it usual for initial runs??
Did your friend get any resolution and root cause analysis of the burning smell ?
I have a Tigor XZA and seem to get this burning smell when going above 80kmph or revving the engine hard.
Old 7th February 2018, 07:30   #1871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Did your friend get any resolution and root cause analysis of the burning smell ?
I have a Tigor XZA and seem to get this burning smell when going above 80kmph or revving the engine hard.
I got the smell like that of when welding happens, in the initial Kms of my Zest. The smell used to come when engine was really hot. 3 years, touch wood,my car is still here
Old 7th February 2018, 12:20   #1872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
I got the smell like that of when welding happens, in the initial Kms of my Zest. The smell used to come when engine was really hot. 3 years, touch wood,my car is still here
I got this too in my Tiago from Dec2017. I did not bother much as I assume this is from some insulation or coating that has been used on the engine which at higher temperature starts emitting this smell. I am hoping that this will fade away as the car ages.
Do you still get this smell with your 3 year old Zest? I hope not.

-UB
UB_007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 17:46   #1873
BHPian

Hello guys,

Hope this might be the right place for the query I have for my Tiago. If not, then mods please move it to the right place.

I wanted to upgrade the IRVM on the car to autodimming and got all the details for the same. Thanks to Anurag and his detailed thread.

Now please tell me if I am blind or does Tiago's fusebox empty slots does not have any wiring from the battery? As I am not able to pull any power using the empty slots for power socket, etc.

Attaching few pics for the fusebox inside cabin:
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20171118_114045.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20180204_140250.jpg

The red box (F21) is live and green (F15) seems empty. Can someone confirm if this is how it is? I had to tap my IRVM with the power socket fuse of F21.
I am also thinking of putting a DRL but not sure which fuse should I tap.

Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 20:52   #1874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB_007 View Post
I got this too in my Tiago from Dec2017. I did not bother much as I assume this is from some insulation or coating that has been used on the engine which at higher temperature starts emitting this smell. I am hoping that this will fade away as the car ages.
Do you still get this smell with your 3 year old Zest? I hope not.

-UB
Yes, I get this smell too in my August 2017 Tiago XZ when driving around or upwards of 80 kmph. Wonder what could be the reason. Wanted to ask about it when I gave it for 2nd service last week but totally forgot
Old 16th February 2018, 22:19   #1875
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Motors has apparently discontinued the Striker Blue colour shade for the Tiago hatchback and the Tigor sedan citing lack of demand, as per dealership sources.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks