Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2021, 16:14   #2746
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Hi All,

Posting this on behalf of my Brother in Law. He owns a 2017 Tiago XZ Petrol. He is a civil engineer by profession, and the car was primarily used for his official purposes. This has resulted in the car running 85k km in 3.5 years. All services were done on time at Tata service centres. The car was under extended warranty until last year.

Along with the usual niggles that comes with owing a Tata Car, a wheel bearing going bad, the stock battery dying out and engine mounts breaking routinely in around every 20k km, there had been no other serious mechanical issues. The car was reliable and never let us down.

Recently owing to covid he has not been using the car, as much he used to. Still the car used to see around 500 km per month easily. He has been seeing lower than normal fuel mileage recently (10-12kmpl in place of the usual 16-18 kmpl he used to get). Last month, he did a long drive to Coimbatore and back to home. Once he was back, he kept saying something was not right with the car. The idle was not smooth, car hesitated to accelerate, had missing while running, the engine vibrated a lot and occasionally would almost die out and then recover and keep running. Also, the mileage dropped to around 10 kmpl. Post this the symptoms became worse, at times the car would struggle to move in first gear, then everything will be back to normal.

Last week, the car completely died out and refused to start. He had both

the ABS and check engine light on. After multiple attempts, the engine started up, but was running roughly as if it was running on 2 cylinders, and made a lot of noise. He contacted a near by local workshop, who came to the spot and scanned the car for errors. The following error codes were found:

C0031-64-Left front wheel speed sensor - This was a result of changing the wheel bearing. Service centre had somehow messed up the sensor. He was to visit the SVC to fix this.

65 : Watchdog ECU Rest check the ECU Earth
50 : Cam Shaft Signal - Loss of signal sensor connection
21 : Fuel temperature signal
35 : Boost Pressure Signal

The local workshop asked to get the Car to a TATA service centre, as the issue seemed to be related to the engine. A flatbed was arranged by the service centre and the car was taken to the service centre on Thursday (25th Feb). The service centre called my BIL on Friday afternoon, mentioned that the issue is with a faulty cam shaft position sensor, and that they have ordered the part, will replace the part and he can have the car back on Saturday (27th Feb). They replaced the sensor, however the issue was not
resolved. As of today, the car is still in the service centre, and they are trying to find out what is wrong. They suspect a bad ECU / wiring as of now, and are investigating around that area.

Any insights / information on what is wrong with the car will be helpful.
Has anyone else experienced similar issues?
ps_abhijith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 11:17   #2747
Distinguished - BHPian

Is anyone facing an issue of loose 12v socket?

The 12V socket in my tiago is not able to hold any 12v charger firmly in place. Have tried MI, Anker, Aukey, Boat 12v chargers. The charger sits loose and will get disconnected when driving over bad patches of roads. Very irritating to keep pressing the charger into the socket frequently to ensure the phone/dashcam is getting power.
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 20:09   #2748
BHPian

Today, I noticed that the key ignition motion felt tight (the cranking motion from ACC to ignition, sorry for not being very precise with my words) in my 2020 Tiago XZ+ that has run a 1000km so far. It felt a bit tighter than usual, and I did not face the issue when I last took the car out a couple days ago.

Is this anything serious or is such a tightening in the crank motion with the key normal?

Had no issues with car starting otherwise.
Old 4th March 2021, 09:53   #2749
BHPian

It seems TATA has deleted reverse parking sensors from top varients of Tiago and one reverse light from mid February. They have added a "tyre repair kit". This information is from Tiago owners Facebook group and I couldn't independently verify the same.
icem@n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 15:11   #2750
Senior - BHPian

What is the average life of AC gas in Tiago. My car is on 27000KM and even after cleaning the filter, the AC is not cooling satisfactory.
Old 9th March 2021, 15:14   #2751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
What is the average life of AC gas in Tiago. My car is on 27000KM and even after cleaning the filter, the AC is not cooling satisfactory.
Check for leaks. Since it's a closed loop system, there should not be any cooling issue if there is no leak. Assuming blowers work fine. Cooling problem is right from start or happens after couple of hours.
Old 9th March 2021, 15:18   #2752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Check for leaks. Since it's a closed loop system, there should not be any cooling issue if there is no leak. Assuming blowers work fine. Cooling problem is right from start or happens after couple of hours.
It cools for some time and then I fill regular air for 30-40 seconds. Then it cools again. Again after 2-3 minutes, I fill regular air. This happens in a loop.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd May 2023 at 09:07. Reason: Poorly Typed Posts. Please type your posts out perfectly (language, punctuation, grammar, spacing, capitalization)
tushky is offline   Received Infraction
Old 9th March 2021, 15:24   #2753
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It cools for sometime and then i feel regular air for 30-40 Seconds and then it cools again. Again after 2-3 Min. i feel regular air. This happens in the loop.
Does your Tiago have an automatic climate control or a manual one? If ACC - what temperature are you setting it at vis-a-vis the ambient temperature?

Given the behaviour you mentioned - cooling is working OK but the condenser is tripping off more frequently than what you prefer.
Old 9th March 2021, 15:37   #2754
BHPian

Quote:
It cools for sometime and then i feel regular air for 30-40 Seconds and then it cools again. Again after 2-3 Min. i feel regular air. This happens in the loop.
Sir, if it's a manual AC, you need to check the Thermostat. If the thermostat sends a wrong feedback to the compressor, then the cooling may start and stop erratically. In AC unit, there are a lot of components working together. If there was a gas leak, then the cooling would go down and it'll just blow regular air.

Let us know the update.
Old 9th March 2021, 16:19   #2755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Does your Tiago have an automatic climate control or a manual one? If ACC - what temperature are you setting it at vis-a-vis the ambient temperature?

Given the behaviour you mentioned - cooling is working OK but the condenser is tripping off more frequently than what you prefer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAnna View Post
Sir, if it's a manual AC, you need to check the Thermostat. If the thermostat sends a wrong feedback to the compressor, then the cooling may start and stop erratically. In AC unit, there are a lot of components working together. If there was a gas leak, then the cooling would go down and it'll just blow regular air.

Let us know the update.
Yes my AC is manual. So i think the condenser is tripping off more frequently. Is it because of more outside temperature of a summer? because in winter i didn't face such issues.
tushky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 19:24   #2756
BANNED

Tiago gets new shade called Arizona Blue. Also as per a report by Rushlane, Tiago may get turbo-charged variant in the coming future. The article also states that two existing colors were being axed.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-tiago-arizona-blue.png
wheelguy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 20:37   #2757
BHPian

I am in Raipur for few weeks and working from here. Got some time with Tiago and below are the observations.

Tiago’s odometer is at 11750 kms after around 32 months of ownership. It came to Raipur when odometer was around 4300 and car was 4 months old.
My father is a retired man and Tiago is the sole vehicle here(which explains low running). I am trying my best to drive it more and result is 750 kms in past couple of weeks. Linea is just parked inside.

Tiago is a wonderful city car and AMT works brilliantly in the Raipur city traffic. I always turn AC off temporarily while starting from signals if we are on incline and more than two are seated. Revs build up otherwise and vehicle just shoots after a delay of couple of seconds.

Sport mode is awesome and aggressive push on pedal sees the rpm shooting to 4K plus and gear downshifting as per the need.

Music system/suspension/AC/tyres works brilliantly.

I am pleasantly surprised by how easy it is to maintain the orange colour! Dust just doesn’t shows and here in my blue linea, a fine visible dust just settles 5 mt after the wash and wax.

There was a minor scare when one fine day Tiago just showed engine check light and won’t start at one attempt. TASS updated the software , cleaned spark plugs in couple of visits and thankfully problem isn’t resurfaced . It’s one of the reason why I am only using Tiago since I am here.

One query here - None of the tyres on my Tiago has the manufacturing date printed. The section is just blank. During PDI, I remember checking spikes on all wheels and they were in abundance. Is this normal? Or it’s on inside?

Some latest pictures after the waterless wash.
Tata Tiago : Official Review-446486addb8e4f709172410d72ec8efe.jpeg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-738fdd41148644c7833d3fc6ff7cce4b.jpeg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-749187a802644d17a9a6322e898924f4.jpeg
abhi_tjet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 14:57   #2758

Hi, recently purchased Tiago XZ+ White color.

I had a question regarding Auto AC Function, FATC (Fully Automatic Temperature Control)

When I turn on FATC and set the temperature "HI" that is heating mode, even then the AC motor can be heard spinning. Is it normal?
Old 14th March 2021, 16:24   #2759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasng2 View Post
Hi, recently purchased Tiago XZ+ White color.

I had a question regarding Auto AC Function, FATC (Fully Automatic Temperature Control)

When I turn on FATC and set the temperature "HI" that is heating mode, even then the AC motor can be heard spinning. Is it normal?
Depends on the temperature. If it's higher than 30° inside the car, it will cool even at HI. If it is 20° inside, it will heat up even at 24°. The cooling and heating function works based on the current temperature, basically if current temperature is x and you set the AC at y, it will heat/cool as necessary to reach the y temperature. ACC "automatically" works to achieve your desired temperature.
Old 14th March 2021, 19:35   #2760

Hi RoadMonkey, thanks I will check again once outside temp is <30.

According to usermanual screenshot attached, the temperature displayed on dashboard is that of the outside ambiant temperature. Is there any way to know inside temperature?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210311-06.24.51.jpeg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks