Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2022, 14:12   #2896
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torq View Post

I would love to post a thorough long term ownership of my Tiago, but I don't have the flair for writing that other BHPians possess. But Would definitely answer and post any queries about the same.
Thank you so much! This brief experience of yours does help to understand how the ownership experience might pan out for me in the long run. I've completed 2.5 years with my Tiago XZ Diesel (2019) and thankfully i have not faced any issue as of now. When i bought it (Before lockdown) i thought it will see a monthly running of 1k+ but unfortunately things did not go as planned.
As on date I've completed 16K+ kms and enjoying my ride everyday

By the way how long do you plan to retain your Tiago as you have already completed 1 lac kms...
SulemanP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 14:49   #2897
BHPian

The parking sensors of my Tiago are not working and strangely enough its also not showing up when I reverse the car. Earlier the moment, I use to put my car in reverse mode, the infotainment screen used to change to show the parking sensors range, that is also not happening. Just wanted to check if anyone else has faced this issue as well? also, possible ways to get it rectified.
Old 13th June 2022, 17:02   #2898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SulemanP View Post

By the way how long do you plan to retain your Tiago as you have already completed 1 lac kms...
If you go through GTO and other senior members' comments, 1L is nothing for these modern small diesel engines. Touchwood no known issues with the revotorq engine. I plan to retain it for as long as it's not a money pit or pain in ***. Concurrently have booked Sonet diesel AT for primary duties diwali onwards.
Torq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 17:31   #2899
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowitbetter View Post
The parking sensors of my Tiago are not working and strangely enough its also not showing up when I reverse the car. Earlier the moment, I use to put my car in reverse mode, the infotainment screen used to change to show the parking sensors range, that is also not happening. Just wanted to check if anyone else has faced this issue as well? also, possible ways to get it rectified.
If the reverse light is also not coming on when you put the gear to R then it is mostly problem with the reverse light switch circuit. Either is switch has gone bad or there is rat bite in the switch wiring.

If the reverse light is coming but only the sensors are not working then the problem is somewhere in the sensor circuit.
sagarpadaki is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 18:59   #2900
Senior - BHPian

Here is the first niggle from my Tiago NRG, 2019 and perhaps not seen by anybody here. The headlight leveling motor in right light has gone bad and light is stuck to its lowest position. In lower beam that light is useless to see anything beyond 10-15feet. In high beam too not much of a difference, may be 20-30 feet max. The motor does not work, the assembly shakes vigorously on rough roads making others on road to feel what's going on. Basically my Tiago has a dancing and shaking lamp that does not move when I want it to but will move and dance everytime and everywhere.
Coming to solution part, KHT motors have ordered and received a full assembly and will be covered under extended warranty but unable to give me an appointment over weekend. Tata service centers are overloaded and just impossible to get the cars serviced when you want.
So far no other issue after 3 years and 17K kilometers, may be not driven enough.
Old 13th June 2022, 22:30   #2901
BRV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SulemanP View Post
Hi,
Can anyone share long term ownership experience for Tiago Diesel in particular. The information would be helpful to identify if there are major breakdowns/part failure in long term ownership.
Also it would be clear if the breakdown/part failure was specifically related to a particular manufacturing batch/year, as diesel Tiago is no longer in production.
4.5 years ownership makes long term ownership then am eligible

Registered - Jan 2018
KMS as of today - 57,650

Regularly serviced as per the scheduled.

Parts replaced till date apart from oil and filter changes
- Tyre changed in 2 weeks after purchase: due to pothole damage on sidewall
- 3 sets of wiper blades
- Brake lamps (both one after the other within a year)
- Fog lamps replaced under warranty due to cracks on the glass
- Battery replaced (OEM battery gone in 23 months)
- C Mount replaced under warranty after 2.5 years (extended warranty)
- Brake pads
- Link rods changed (damaged one however changed both)
- AC vents knob damaged for all and replaced all
- Bonnet repainted due to a dent from tree (open parking troubles)
- Tyres changed at 49k
- Alignment and balancing @ ~7k kms

My car has seen all kinds of roads in 4 south Indian states and touchwood never left me stranded.

Best Mileage - 27.9 kmpl (350 kms trip on highway)
Worst Mileage - 13 kmpl (Bangalore ORR to office)

Tata Tiago : Official Review-tiago.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 17th June 2022 at 06:36. Reason: Typo.
BRV is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 10:06   #2902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRV View Post

My car has seen all kinds of roads in 4 south Indian states and touchwood never left me stranded.

Best Mileage - 27.9 kmpl (350 kms trip on highway)
Worst Mileage - 13 kmpl (Bangalore ORR to office)
Thank you so much, indeed it is a long term ownership experience. Many will benefit from your experience...

Regards
SulemanP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 17:20   #2903
BHPian

Quote:
4.5 years ownership makes long term ownership then am eligible .
Hi BRV. Thanks a lot for the valuable update. Just wanted to know if you faced any alignment issues? Mine is a 2017 XZ diesel clocked around 28000 kms. My car always pulls towards left. I got the alignment and balancing done a few times from one of the most reputed center but the issue has never been sorted. I also got the steering calibration done. But that didn't solve the issue either. The mechanic told me he can make the car run straight but that would result in wear of front left tyre. He said it's a common problem with Tiago. He said he would make the best possible adjustment to ensure that the tyre doesn't wear out and the pulling is reduced to an acceptable level. However, I'm still not satisfied with the results.

Last edited by aah78 : 16th June 2022 at 17:45. Reason: Quote trimmed. Please don't quote large posts entirely.
Old 16th June 2022, 18:06   #2904
BRV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhupi_BHP View Post
Hi BRV. Thanks a lot for the valuable update. Just wanted to know if you faced any alignment issues?
Yes, My car also had the alignment issue.

Service Center - Gave car for regular service (3 service) and informed them about the left pull issue. They confirmed it will be rectified. Took delivery and didn't get a chance to check immediately after delivery. Went for a ride over weekend and issue still there. Informed SC and they said alignment machine is not working
Alignment center 1 - alignment completed, still issue persists. He mentions to take it to TASS
Alignment center 2 - left pull is due to the alignment problem in the back wheels and cannot be done (left without speaking a word)

Finally, went to Madhus, Bangalore (After reading through lot of positive feedback from co members). The moment I said left pull, they also mentioned Tiago has this problem. However, after an hour they managed to fix the issue. Now, am taking my car to Madhus only for alignment.

When changed the tyres, old tyres didn't had the sign of unusual wear and tear due to alignment.

Quote:
The mechanic told me he can make the car run straight but that would result in wear of front left tyre.
If the alignment is corrected, how come the left tyre will wear out?
BRV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 20:56   #2905

I also own Tiago XZ (D) 2016 model which has clocked 122k kms till now. I have also noticed this left pulling issue and never got any satisfactory answer from ASC. But somehow I have learned to live with it. Very soon, I am planning to change tyres of my car. May be I will again check if there is any solution to this issue at that time.

I am also currently working on writting a long term ownership review of my car. Very soon will be posting the same here ��
Cool-Shine is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 10:31   #2906
BHPian

Quote:
Can you please provide the prices of all the parts replaced, I am sure it will help a whole lot of us.
Old 17th June 2022, 12:08   #2907
BHPian

[DIY] INSTALLED OEM HEADUNIT FROM TIAGO XZ+ in my XZ(O)

Ever since I bought my Tiago, The only things I missed from the XZ+ Variant were the Projector Headlamps and the bigger 7" HU with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. There were other things as well like the Auto AC and the bigger 15" Alloy Wheels but they did not fancy me much. My car is a 2019 XZ(O) Variant and it came with a weird 5" HU which also came with Tata Hexa & Tigor XZ for sometime. The 5" HU had no issues whatsoever it had a Passive Touchscreen and map functionality in collaboration with mapmyindia (NaviMaps), though bugged, it worked fine for the most part. I swapped the Reflector Headlights with the Projector one's in August 2020, I have posted about it in the same thread. A few days ago in a Tiago WhatsApp group one of the members casually asked if anyone wants to buy the OE HU from his Tiago XZ+ as he was switching to an Android Based HU. I replied faster than the speed of light and the deal was done withing the hour, 2 days later I had the HU in my hands and I couldn't keep calm. I got the HU at a mouth watering price.

The Installation:

It was pretty simple I just removed the preinstalled frame and HU and the couplers from behind and swapped the HU with the new one. It was plug and play. The only hiccup I had was with the USB Port as mine had a different kinda port it did not work with this HU. Boodmo came to my rescue and the compatible cable was ordered the same day and delivered within 2 days. I ordered the one without the AUX Port as I never used it and the one with the AUX Port was double the price. When the delivery guy called I went down with my toolkit, water bottle and towel as I was so excited to finally see it all in action I couldn't wait anymore As expected it worked! Attaching some pictures of the installation process and then some of the HU in action on my Tiago XZ(O).

The New HU
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_0713.jpg

Like ChrisFix Says: Out with the Old
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_0715.jpg

In with the new
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_0717.jpg

The USB+AUX Combo that came with my car - The USB does not work with this HU, AUX Works.
Tata Tiago : Official Review-32c56c2ec1fc44d58d6516d81ba9a647.jpg

The new cable without the AUX Port. USB Works
Tata Tiago : Official Review-bf6e42925c534cd3a63be0fdcca094ed.jpg

CarPlay in Action
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_0803.jpg

Bonus Picture: CNG was planned and was in-making from a long time.
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_0714.jpg

Last edited by pritanshchandra : 17th June 2022 at 12:12. Reason: forgot to add the bonus pic
pritanshchandra is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 22:36   #2908
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, My car also had the alignment issue.
Thanks a ton for the information. When the mechanic told me that he can resolve the pulling issue but the front left tyre will have uneven wear, I agreed to his solution of getting the best possible adjustment done. I get my TUV300 and i20 alignment and balancing done from the same center and I'm very happy with their work. Infact, my TUV had some alignment issues which MASS wasn't able to rectify but this tyre shop was able to. So, I took his words and agreed to his solution. Maybe I should ask him to make the adjustments to make the car run straight and I'll keep an eye on the tyre for any signs of uneven wear.
Old 19th June 2022, 16:08   #2909
BHPian

Hello All,

I own 2017 Tiago XZA Petrol, which has run about 37K km till date, with no major issues.

Most of the run is in and around Pune, with occasional long highway runs.

All the services including minor bodywork have always been at TASS.

The car was given for routine service in July 2021, where OBD scanning was done by the service center, and most probably an update was applied.

After the service, the behavior at low speed is pathetic, some times the car is reluctant to move, and pedal needs to be pressed further so as to move the car. It has become unreliable in case of tight overtaking maneuvers.

The issue is only when the car is in Eco mode. In Sports mode, it behaves perfectly.

Co-incidentally, my cousin owns a 2017 Tiago XZ Petrol. Both the cars were serviced same time and at the same service center. The manual car is also behaving pathetically.

I complained to the service center for both the cars, and asked them to roll back the ECU update. They replied that it is not possible to rollback any update.

They further checked the cars again and confirmed that there is no issue.

I again got the car serviced in May 2022 (routine yearly service). This time also, I complained about the issue. The SA suspected that this might be an issue with throttle body and advised the cleaning of throttle body. It was done during the service.

The low speed performance has not changed at all after the recent service.

I understand that the issue can be with a particular car, but not with two cars that have different transmissions (AMT vs MT), so hopefully different set of ECU calibrations.

Has any one else observed such an issue in last few months? If yes, how was it resolved?

Since I was not in India for last one month, I could not escalate the issue with the service center, but plan to do so now.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.
Old 20th June 2022, 10:16   #2910
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JitendraK78 View Post
The behavior at low speed is pathetic, some times the car is reluctant to move, and pedal needs to be pressed further so as to move the car. It has become unreliable in case of tight overtaking maneuvers.
I have a June '18 XZA and get it serviced at Balaji Motors, Pune.

I've had the same complaint: after slotting the car from N to P / R (eg, when you're at the signal or parking), the car doesn't immediately respond, and when it does, it just leaps forward.

Similar when coming out of say, a mall exit. If you're on an upward ramp, the car starting rolling back once you step off the brake, even if the A pedal is pushed all the way in. And then it responds, and can be uncontrollable for a moment.

The AMT software was updated by Balaji, marginal but not immediately noticeable improvement. Looks like this is AMT-specific behaviour. My other car (with DCT) has hill hold assist, which you begin to immensely miss in the AMT!
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks