Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2016, 15:41   #1396
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

They also claim that they don't have any Trend variants in stock - just a 2.2L Titanium & a 3.2L Titanium (both MTs).
Endeavour Titanium version is available only in A/T be it 2.2 or 3.2 . In addition the 3.2 is available as A/T only option. So if MT, it has to be 2.2 4x2 or 4x4.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 16:25   #1397
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations, Turbanator.

GK Ford, Raipur, says that they have not received any communication from Ford India regarding the 4.99% scheme.
I think the offer is on select dealership only. Of the three dealership i enquired the offer was not available with one dealership.
tortoise is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 22:37   #1398
BHPian

Quote:

Upon further prodding, they clarified that any Trend variant booked now will be delivered in January as a MY2017 car, so discounts won't be applicable.

They are willing to offer exchange bonus of Rs 1 lakh for the 2 Titaniums in stock, though. But they say that the 1 lakh rupee flat discount will not be applicable in that case. (either/or scheme)

I have booked the Tata Hexa XTA 4x2 and was looking to upgrade to the Endeavour 2.2L Trend if I could, but it looks like it's still away from my reach.

Talk to another dealer. You can still get this deal. Maybe in Raipur because of lack of competition, they're giving you a hard time. I would look at all ford dealers in a 250KM radius. It would make a good road trip home!
torquing_points is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2016, 12:53   #1399
Senior - BHPian

Hi friends.
After various discussions and reviews I finally booked the 3.2 L 4x4 Trend sunset red.
Had to take a pinch of salt for selling my XUV5OO W6 after 4 years and only 36000 kms.
Don't want to put any figures for my own reasons but got a very good deal
1. 1 lakh discount on the ex showroom price
2. 1 lakh exchange bonus for my old car.
3. 0 Dep. Insurance for Rs. 70000.
4. Further Rs. 50000 discount from showroom

They were also offering 4.99% interest rate on the Ford finance loan but decided to pay the full amount in one shot. (no booking amount)

Overall the experience was good at Bhavna Ford Nerul, Navi Mumbai. Thanks to Mr. Amey amd Mr. Shahnawaz.
I also negotiated a deal to keep my XUV5OO till 1 or 2 days before delivery and free pick up from my place to the showroom for delivery.

THE vehicle will be November or December model as agreed but will be registered in Jan 2017 for obvious reasons.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th December 2016 at 14:43. Reason: Smileys = 2 per post. Please observe the rules of the board. Thanks!
ruzbehxyz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th December 2016, 13:55   #1400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Hi friends.
After various discussions and reviews I finally booked the 3.2 L 4x4 Trend sunset red.
Had to take a pinch of salt for selling my XUV5OO W6 after 4 years and only 36000 kms.
Don't want to put any figures for my own reasons but got a very good deal
1. 1 lakh discount on the ex showroom price
2. 1 lakh exchange bonus for my old car.
3. 0 Dep. Insurance for Rs. 70000.
4. Further Rs. 50000 discount from showroom

They were also offering 4.99% interest rate on the Ford finance loan but decided to pay the full amount in one shot. (no booking amount)

Overall the experience was good at Bhavna Ford Nerul, Navi Mumbai. Thanks to Mr. Amey amd Mr. Shahnawaz.
I also negotiated a deal to keep my XUV5OO till 1 or 2 days before delivery and free pick up from my place to the showroom for delivery.

THE vehicle will be November or December model as agreed but will be registered in Jan 2017 for obvious reasons.
Congratulations, that was a sweet deal. What was the final otr? And which rto
Old 17th December 2016, 14:09   #1401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post
Congratulations, that was a sweet deal. What was the final otr? And which rto
Thanks.
The actual on paper on road price was about 30.5 . And all the discounts + my car price were deducted.
The Rto is Panvel which has more than a lakh less registration than Mumbai / Vashi / Thane.
Old 17th December 2016, 14:27   #1402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Thanks.
The actual on paper on road price was about 30.5 . And all the discounts + my car price were deducted.
The Rto is Panvel which has more than a lakh less registration than Mumbai / Vashi / Thane.
Any idea what offers they have on trend 2.2 4x4 model?
Old 17th December 2016, 14:38   #1403
BHPian

Quote:

The same offers except the insurance and cash discounts from showrooms are available in my as well. For the showroom offers you need to bargain
Old 17th December 2016, 16:13   #1404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Same discounts . Only difference is 2.2 L 4x4 is manual . I too was going for the same model but after driving the automatic I fell in love with it and stretched my budget by further 2.5 lakhs.
None the less it's totally your preference but remember the discounts are on all Trend variants. The endy is doing well but not as well as the new Fortuner in terms of sales. It looks like prices may increase next year.
Ford must advertise and make some special offers so that they can grab the Innova and Crossover segment of 20 -25 as this vehicle is a proper Suv (not Crossover ) and has the juice in it for a long ownership. Now it all depends on the service stations how they take it from here as the suv will complete a year soon in India. We should get more reviews from people completing 30-40 kms to know the exact nature of ownership.
Old 17th December 2016, 20:54   #1405
BHPian

Titanium V/s Trend

Today I got to see trend (2.2 AT) and Titanium (3.2) side by side .. Other than points discussed over here just thought of saying the major differences , which I could locate
  1. The Door Inserts. --> Ash color in trend, where as in Titanium it is Dark grey
  2. Alloys are not smoked In trend
  3. The gear Lever Insert is in Silver color (As well as the surroundings
  4. The steering wheel spoke in Trend is in Silver color
  5. The roof material in Titanium of very good quality. The trend one is a slight superior quality material of the Ecosport one. (The type is same as what is there in EcoSport and Fiesta). The Titanium one Roof material will be very easy to clean.
  6. The alloy wheels are not smoked in Trend
  7. The engine cover is Plastic in trend, where as in Titanium the engine cover is made with high gauge metal
  8. The Next one I need some one to give me the reasoning also. The Engine Fan cover is much bigger in 2.2 and 3.2 one is small. What is the reason behind it
  9. Trend doesn't come with inbuilt GPS device and as a result the SatNav cannot be purchased as well
  10. The second row lamp in Titanium is a two stage lamp (Two brightness level) And in both sides. Whereas in titanium it is a single set of lights in the middle.

I am attaching the Photos for comparison as well.

Titanium Photos

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-titanium-alloy.jpg
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-titanium-gear-lever.jpg
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-titanium-rear-light.jpg
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-titanium-roof.jpg
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-titanium-steering.jpg
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-titanium-fan-cover.jpg

Trend Photos

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-trend-alloy.jpg
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-trend-door.jpg
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-trend-fan-cover.jpg
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-trend-steering-wheel.jpg
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-trend-rear-light.jpg
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-trend-roof.jpg
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-trend-gear-lever.jpg

Last edited by anumod : 17th December 2016 at 20:55. Reason: Removed one Duplicate Photo
anumod is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 17th December 2016, 21:28   #1406
BHPian

SA is saying that 3.2Endy gives a mileage of 5-6 Kmpl in the city and around 8 in highways. Should a frequent refueling stop required for long drives?
couswheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2016, 23:22   #1407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by couswheels View Post
SA is saying that 3.2Endy gives a mileage of 5-6 Kmpl in the city and around 8 in highways. Should a frequent refueling stop required for long drives?
The SA is absolutely spot on here. I had the privilege of using the Endy Titanium 3.2 for 3 days before I finalized my purchase, it was a test drive car of the dealership here and the owner is a close friend of mine. I did use it for around 60 kms in the city and 220kms on a 3lane highway. The MID after reset, was displaying 6.8KMPL in city and around 8.2KMPL on highway, that too at steady speeds of 100 to 110KMPH max.

And on the other hand, today its the 6th day of my New Fortuner 4x4 Automatic ownership and happy to report that I am easily getting around 8 KMPL in city and 10.5 on highways at speeds of 100 to 110KMPH. I believe this will only improve further once I clock more Kms.
Venku2015 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th December 2016, 23:57   #1408
Distinguished - BHPian

No offence to anyone, but I don't get what is the big difference between 7kmpl and 8kmpl. We are talking about big hulking 2500-3000kg trucks with the large engines, slushboxes and heavy 4x4 drivetrains that cost upwards of 30L. Does that 1-1.5kmpl really matter after spending SO much money? If FE is that important, we are looking at the wrong class of vehicle here.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 18th December 2016, 00:30   #1409
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Titanium V/s Trend

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
[*]The Next one I need some one to give me the reasoning also. The Engine Fan cover is much bigger in 2.2 and 3.2 one is small. What is the reason behind it
Excellent observation. The engine looks very similar to the 3.0L 4 cylinder motor that came in the previous generation.

Based on the experience of owning the previous generation Endy, I think the difference is due to fact that the extra cylinder in the 3.2 makes the engine lengthier than the 4 cylinder 2.2. Since the radiator fan is mechanically powered by the engine (and not electronic, kindly correct me if I'm wrong), the fan in the 3.2 L will be closer to the radiator than the 2.2 L making it mandatory to make the cover longer.

Last edited by MAS : 18th December 2016 at 00:31.
Old 18th December 2016, 00:43   #1410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
No offence to anyone, but I don't get what is the big difference between 7kmpl and 8kmpl. We are talking about big hulking 2500-3000kg trucks with the large engines, slushboxes and heavy 4x4 drivetrains that cost upwards of 30L. Does that 1-1.5kmpl really matter after spending SO much money? If FE is that important, we are looking at the wrong class of vehicle here.
This is the classical thought which Maruti played on while making the kitna deti hai campaign. A difference of 1 kmpl would be lesser than a good coffee at Starbucks probably!

Having said that, even if the Toyota gives better mileage, and if someone wants to get a*al about it, one needs to calculate the extra amount paid between both the cars and how that stacks up

I know someone who has the new Endeavour and the new Fortuner. He says Endeavour hands down anyday for the SUV experience.
avdhesh15 is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks